Minty's dawi zharr project
Author MessageMinty's dawi zharr project
minty
Lammasu

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 0

Minty's dawi zharr projectminty 04-20-2008

hello all, I finnaly got a digicam and have decided to share a few of my pictures with y'all. This is what remains of my stuff after lots of distasters managed to ruin everything (mother nature ates me, as does fate, destiny and every clestial being I think)

Hero
first up is my hero, he was origonaly going to represent Lord Draski but, well, he dosen't look like a pirate. He ahsdyed his beard purple as a mark of respect.
Front
He's the basicdwarf hero ith a pistol and axe, but I sculpted on scaled over the chainmail, and I cliped of the pistol for a shield. The mask is a maurauder shoulder pad

side
as you can see, it's just a maurauder shield, I love this shield tough, it looks awesome and it's a great item. though my painting dosen't do it justice.

Back
well, as you can see, he has the rune of hashut painted on his back, to show his faith, in gold to show he's rich

Champ
2nd is my champion, he's not that good of a conversion and the beards a bit Cr*p. I'm not that proud but he was my first ever conversion attempt

Design
finnaly, I have my first desgn thingy, it's my first attempt at sculpting, can you guess what it is?

2017 Image Salvage

This post was last modified: 08-08-2017 07:34 AM by Admiral.

04-20-2008 07:05 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hal
Bull Centaur Hero

Market Rep: 1

RE: Minty's dawi zharr projecthal 04-20-2008

Hi minty. I think that they are good first attempts but IMO you need to limit your palette a little bit, I think there are too many colours going on. Also with the rune on his cape I recommend that you start with a basecoat of black and then build it up to gold as the gold paint doesn't give very good coverage by itself.

Overall I admire your creativity, best of luck with the taurus.

*edit* is that a High Elf dragon in the backround? tut tut!

This post was last modified: 04-20-2008 07:18 AM by hal.

04-20-2008 07:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
minty
Lammasu

RE: Minty's dawi zharr projectminty 04-20-2008

ummmm, nope, it's a dark elf dragonHappyhigh elves suck (well not realy, I play them, but dark elves are better)

thanks for the comment, I guess I do need to limit my pallete but t's just so hard, I like all those colours

the rune was a lastminute thing, I think, so it dosen't look very good. HappyAh well, I like my hero

04-20-2008 07:25 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hal
Bull Centaur Hero

Market Rep: 1

RE: Minty's dawi zharr projecthal 04-20-2008

Quote:
I guess I do need to limit my pallete but t's just so hard, I like all those colours

Yeah, there are some really nice colours out there that are sometimes too good to leave at home. I just think that it's a little too busy, that if you concentrated on two complementary colours it would look better. Just my 2 cents.

Quote:
ummmm, nope, it's a dark elf dragonhigh elves suck (well not realy, I play them, but dark elves are better)

Ha. I'm really looking forward to the new Dark Elf book, should be a cracker. The new cold one is nice although it still doesn't compare to the Gamezone ones.

04-20-2008 07:36 AM
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 25
Slaves: 1225
Artisan's Contest - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Overall Member - 2007 Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS                               
RE: Minty's dawi zharr projectWillmark 04-20-2008

Great pose of the CD hero awesome stuff.

High Elves do NOT suck. Their forums do, but that is another matter all together. Wink

My Want List / My Trade List
04-20-2008 07:38 AM
Kera foehunter
Zharr Nauggund Alpha Female

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 153
Best Attitude - 2007 Best Attitude - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Best Attitude - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: Minty's dawi zharr projectKera foehunter 04-20-2008

sweeeeeeeeeeeeet  i like your green stuff. Attack of the lima bean!!!
is that going to be a taurus or a bullcentaur?

The last of female chaos dwarf
04-20-2008 10:55 AM
minty
Lammasu

hehehe, yeah gSing isn't realmy my strong point. It's gonna be a bull centaur, as if you look at the front veiw (where the camera decided t focus on my heroUnsure) it's the samme size as the dwarf. I've actualy bulked out the legs and added hoves now, but since I have torent the camrea gonna do more work before I take more pics

pluss, I have begun work on my admiral, hehehe, plasticard pirate hatHappy

04-20-2008 11:27 AM
Kera foehunter

Best Attitude - 2007 Best Attitude - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Best Attitude - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               

Admiral!!!!well let see him sweety.  So i can shanghi  him to my ship.

04-20-2008 05:06 PM
minty
Lammasu

ummm, begun work on him, he's no where near finished yet unfortunatly

also, why would he go to your ship, my oirates have tasteTongue

04-20-2008 05:33 PM
Kera foehunter

i'm sorry i think your terms are called pressboard.(hijacked)
So is he going to be all green stuff
or converted??

04-20-2008 05:46 PM
minty
Lammasu

RE: Minty's dawi zharr projectminty 05-04-2008

well, A week later than I had hoped due to lack of GS and cameras. I haven't realy done much, just done a bit more on my BC realy, but I did win a miners box last week which are being put to good use

BC side

BC other side

the main thing that has been done is the legs have been bulked out, I'm getting more GS tommorow so progress should speed up a bit

Here are the beginings of my other BCs

a head with the begining of sculpting started, it's not so good and he pic is realy unfocused.

and the begining of a chaos dwarf with great weapon. He is going to have a chainsaw and work as the champ for my GW unit

This post was last modified: 05-04-2008 11:37 AM by minty.

05-04-2008 11:11 AM
Kera foehunter

RE: Minty's dawi zharr projectKera foehunter 05-07-2008

great green stuff minty !! that's a cool man half of the bullcentaur!

05-07-2008 04:42 PM
minty
Lammasu

RE: Minty's dawi zharr projectminty 05-09-2008

haha, I finnaly managed to do something right, I have done the command group for my GW unit......the only unit that will be Games workshop plastics (not promosing the metals, they are awesomes)

The beards are stolen from Bass's ogres, or the method since a freind on warhammer world shew me the link to it, so without firther adiue
the champ
This guy I like, alot. His weapon is cool, and he has a nose and gogles on his mask (can't realy be seen on bad pic) he also has a much better beard that the first try before. Oh, and he has a real +2 strength weaponHappy. He also has a piarate bandana, to mark his status as a champion

The musician
After a tragic accident involving a craftknie, the arm I was palanning on suing for the mucican was destroyed from the wrist down, so I stuck on a hook from the maurauder flails. This is the best beard I have done yet

and finnaly:
The standard bearer
This guy had an awesome mask, but I cut of a bit to much head and it ended up covered by a pole. he has a sashimono back banner like the dawi zharr of old

05-09-2008 02:46 PM
Kera foehunter

RE: Minty's dawi zharr projectKera foehunter 05-09-2008

nice saw guy minty

05-09-2008 06:17 PM
minty
Lammasu

RE: Minty's dawi zharr projectminty 05-16-2008

Well I finnaly managed to get a full unit converted, my great weapon unitHappy here they are, in all there dawi zharr glory. I am very happy with how they turned out.

the champion, musician and one warrior, who have had a bit of painting done. My paint work still needs alot of improvement however

next up is three of the guys

and another three

and finnaly a group shot of the bunch.....

there y'all go

05-16-2008 10:04 AM
GRNDL
The Last Word of Hashut and Mediocrity

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 158
Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Minty's dawi zharr projectGRNDL 05-16-2008

This unit is coming together nicely. Its quite unique and has a very dynamic look.  I think that the chainsaw might need some "chaos-ing up", more steampunky so it doesn't look so futuristic.  Maybe sculpt a mouth/ring of teeth around the base of the chainsaw blade so it looks like the blade is a tongue or something?

I didn't think pirates were becoming THAT popular.. How long before I have to commit to making a pirate CD, I wonder?

Takes Hat off GRNDL's CD Army Blog  

05-16-2008 10:18 AM
minty
Lammasu

RE: Minty's dawi zharr projectminty 05-16-2008

if you must know, i was making a prate army 7 months before Kera shew up, so it's actualy my ideaHappy but pirates are awesome

thanks for the compliment, I guess I do need to work on my chainsaw, and will do so soonHappy

05-16-2008 10:24 AM
Hashut's Blessing
The Cakily Blessed One

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 742
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Veteran Medal - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: Minty's dawi zharr projectHashut's Blessing 05-16-2008

It's looking good. I am not sure why I hadn't actually posted in this thread before. I keep checking back, eager to see the progress. The paint scheme seems to be good so far. I think you may need to mix (LITERALLY) a drop or two of water into your paintpots as it seems the paint is a little blotchy or too thick. This will improve the quality greatly. The unit looks great, I especially love the weapons (in particular, the one behind the unit champion and the one on the back right in the last picture). As for the pirate theme, will you be wanting parrots?

Pledge: '09:+83 '10:+116 '11:+118 '12: N/A '13: N/A

WarplockMonkey Wrote:
After years of rigerous scientific reasearch, it has now been proven that there is a 50% chance that HB is 'in your fridge, eatin your cakez'.

05-16-2008 01:38 PM
furrie
hat lover

Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 243

RE: Minty's dawi zharr projectfurrie 05-16-2008

looking good so far

My blog with big hatters

Hashut's Blessing Wrote:
I like big hats and I cannot lie, you other brothers can't deny, when a dwarf walks in with an iddy biddy thing and wears it on his head, you get sprung...

Kera foehunter Wrote:
But there is only one choice
Big hats anything else is just a emo Dwarf

05-16-2008 03:14 PM
Kera foehunter

RE: Minty's dawi zharr projectKera foehunter 05-16-2008

Great job minty!!!!!!those are some cool weaponds

05-16-2008 05:02 PM
Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Dawi Zharr in AOS - Oxymandias the mad Oxymandias 40 2,228 04-04-2020 05:03 AM
Last Post: Oxymandias
  Big noses and bigger hats. OOP Dawi Zharr! Red Skullz 302 57,031 02-20-2015 08:47 AM
Last Post: Red Skullz
  Lambe's attempt at some Dawi Zharr! (Updated 11/6/13) ztlambe 26 11,386 11-07-2013 04:19 AM
Last Post: Admiral
  Some italian Dawi Zharr! [04/07/13 hobgoblin] ste1221 19 14,643 07-21-2013 08:38 AM
Last Post: Averrucus
  Smurfs Dawi Zharr, on a budget. Smurf 3 3,829 06-26-2013 10:36 AM
Last Post: Smurf

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites