Pages (10): « First [1] 2 3 4 5 Next > Last »
Golden Hat #6 - Painting Competition
Author MessageGolden Hat #6 - Painting Competition
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 1170
Artisan's Contest - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Overall Member - 2007 Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS                               
Golden Hat #6 - Painting CompetitionWillmark 05-08-2008

From the ominous shadows of the dark cabal of the Lords of Chaos Dwarfs Online, a sharp voice cut through the hot air which was rife with the scents of slaves being sacrificed at the Bronze Bull-Altar of Hashut

"So it is agreed brothers, we shall support this Border Town Burning initiative, shall we not, feeble humans thou they be?" intoned the newest overlord to be elevated to the council, Willmark Dark Lord of the Sith, er... Dwarfs!

Thinking thoughtfully the recently aged Lord Xander replys "Yes. The contest shall run until June 28th" It shall be so may all tremble with this newest battle, that of Golden Hat VI". "Better get a move on before this stone creep, well, creeps further up my feet..."

"8 weeks is that enough?" spoke Wallacer stroking his curled beard.

"Not only that, but details on the Artisans Contest #2 are forth coming very soon as well..."

At this point Hashut's Blessing raised an eyebrow in surprise, caught somewhat unawares...

At this point a hapless hobgoblin slave stumbles in on the Dark Lords chambers trudging massive stone slates with runic numbers marking the passing of time. He was ordered to bring the slates hours ago, a quick glance from the assembled throng and the crackle of arcane energy results in nothing more then two stone slates clanking to the floor and a pair of smoking feet where once the hobgoblin stood; maniacal laughter ensues.

"It is settled then, agreed brothers?" Grimstonefire asks.

"It is indeed, and may our loyal brothers (and sisters) take heed of what befell the hobgoblin if they do not succeed in placing an entry".

Ominous laughter "MMMMMMWWWAAAHHHAAAAAAA" of the combined lords ensues...

And thus it was that Golden Hat VI came to be:

Welcome to the 6th Golden Hat competition! Create a Gaoler in support of Border Town Burning's- forthcoming Black Dwarf List!

Particulars
Due Date: Saturday, June 28th
Subject Matter:  Create 1 Gaoler (that's a Jailer for all us Yanks!)

Rules for the Gaoler

Equipment they may possess and thus you may model

Take note: mechanical suits are not applicable to gaolers...

Full PDF can be acquired here: http://www.chaosdwarf.com/cd2/

What is the deadline?
Once again same basic premise as last time; send all entries to the Golden Hat account no later then 11:59 PM Saturday, June 28th EST. Entries will not be accepted after that date. (Around 8 weeks to complete your entry).

How to Enter
Upload up to 4 photos of your entries to the internet.  Next, send a PM to Golden Hat (a special user that all Staff have access to) containing the links where the pictures can be found. (Note: This is the same as Golden Hat V)

If you win:
- Rightly take your place in the Golden Hat Hall of Fame Hall of Fame, where your glory will be remembered for years to come.
- Receive the Golden Hat medal for your online persona *
- Everyone who enters gets a number of slaves equal to the number of entries. If 50 people enter we award 50 slaves to each person who entered.
- Feature of the winner (and runner-ups) in the gallery section of the Border Town Burning supplement (both the website and the PDF version) with lots of name-dropping and praise.

*= As with GHV: If there are more then 10 entrants the silver and bronze Golden Hat Medals will be awarded as well.

Get cracking and make us proud.

As usual once all entries are received a thread will be created for voting. And as always if there are any questions please PM me, another Staff member or post them here.

Willmark

Willmark's Dark Side Blog
My Western RPG- Hurled into Eternity
My Want List / My Trade List

This post was last modified: 05-09-2008 10:41 PM by Willmark.

05-08-2008 04:45 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pyro Stick
Wizard of the Glen

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 918
Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver                               
RE: Golden Hat #6 - Painting CompetitionPyro Stick 05-08-2008

I doubt i will be able to enter but i can tell that some awesome entries are going to be in this one.

My Chaos Dwarf Collection: GHXXVI

05-08-2008 04:58 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Obsidian
Voice of Hashut

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 225
Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Golden Hat - Silver x2                               
RE: Golden Hat #6 - Painting CompetitionObsidian 05-08-2008

Most excellent news even though I will be three weeks gone during that period!Unsure

Guess I'll just have to whip myself into action then!Rolleyes

Kuddos on the banner btw!Takes Hat off

The Obsidian Forge
05-08-2008 05:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 421
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #6 - Painting CompetitionXander 05-08-2008

Pyro Stick Wrote:
I doubt i will be able to enter but i can tell that some awesome entries are going to be in this one.

Dude, take a CD Hero, add a new weapon.  I know you can do it! Takes Hat off

Follow CDO on Twitter: Twitter
05-08-2008 05:29 PM
Kera foehunter
Zharr Nauggund Alpha Female

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 53
Best Attitude - 2007 Best Attitude - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Best Attitude - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #6 - Painting CompetitionKera foehunter 05-08-2008

Kera * moves to the front !! enough talking  im in

The last of female chaos dwarf
05-08-2008 05:46 PM
Vexxus
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 67
Army Showcase Golden Hat - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #6 - Painting CompetitionVexxus 05-08-2008

Lord Willmark:

"It is indeed, and may our loyal brothers (and sisters) take head of what befell the hobgoblin if they do not succeed in placing an entry".

Take HEED Wink

Take special note Mechanical suits is not applicable to sorcerers...

ONLY applicable to sorcerers, and therefore NOT GaolersWink

Everyone:

Also see the What is a Gaoler thread for more opinion/info!

This post was last modified: 05-08-2008 05:50 PM by Vexxus.

05-08-2008 05:47 PM
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

Artisan's Contest - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Overall Member - 2007 Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS                               
RE: Golden Hat #6 - Painting CompetitionWillmark 05-08-2008

Heh have some slaves!

05-08-2008 06:01 PM
Knight Of Awsome
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 8

RE: Golden Hat #6 - Painting CompetitionKnight Of Awsome 05-08-2008

Is there any base size(I think its and unit strength) restrictions on the model?

05-08-2008 06:02 PM
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

RE: Golden Hat #6 - Painting CompetitionWillmark 05-08-2008

20mm base for the figure itself. After that go to town... Well Mordheim at least.

05-08-2008 06:53 PM
Knight Of Awsome
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Slaves: 8

RE: Golden Hat #6 - Painting CompetitionKnight Of Awsome 05-08-2008

Willmark Wrote:
20mm base for the figure itself. After that go to town... Well Mordheim at least.

well i was thinking that i would do like a cart or something being pull by slaves? Thats why i was asking. Cheers!

05-08-2008 06:56 PM
Hashut's Blessing
The Cakily Blessed One

Group: Mods of Hashut
Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 731
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Veteran Medal - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: Golden Hat #6 - Painting CompetitionHashut's Blessing 05-08-2008

The ones restricted to a Gaoler, thusly it must be US1 on a 20mm base. I shall do what I can to enter. Just finishing exams, so it seems I should be able to do it. Just need the base model (I'd come up with a concept for him ages ago). Is it wise to state what equipment the model has bought? For example, it may be that you use counts as items.

Pledge: '09:+83 '10:+116 '11:+118 '12: N/A '13: N/A

WarplockMonkey Wrote:
After years of rigerous scientific reasearch, it has now been proven that there is a 50% chance that HB is 'in your fridge, eatin your cakez'.

05-08-2008 06:57 PM
bandnerd1892
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Slaves: 0

RE: Golden Hat #6 - Painting Competitionbandnerd1892 05-08-2008

Ooh... I like this. I already have a great idea... Shame we can't do small diorama's... Sad...

nerd Tongue

05-08-2008 07:28 PM
GRNDL
The Last Word of Hashut and Mediocrity

Slaves: 157
Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #6 - Painting CompetitionGRNDL 05-08-2008

Wha? Already?! I'm still recovering from the last GH!!!

Takes Hat off GRNDL's CD Army Blog  

05-08-2008 08:01 PM
Theory_Man
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 0

RE: Golden Hat #6 - Painting CompetitionTheory_Man 05-08-2008

I might enter this one...

I probably will not win but the promise of massive amounts of slaves is too temping though it is over the summer time...

05-08-2008 11:50 PM
Vexxus
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Slaves: 67
Army Showcase Golden Hat - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #6 - Painting CompetitionVexxus 05-09-2008

I will definitely be entering, and it looks like I can't do a greenskin this time, so you all have a chance... lol jokes

05-09-2008 12:18 AM
furrie
hat lover

Slaves: 243

RE: Golden Hat #6 - Painting Competitionfurrie 05-09-2008

I will enter this one, I have a pretty cool idea for this guy Tongue

My blog with big hatters

Hashut's Blessing Wrote:
I like big hats and I cannot lie, you other brothers can't deny, when a dwarf walks in with an iddy biddy thing and wears it on his head, you get sprung...

Kera foehunter Wrote:
But there is only one choice
Big hats anything else is just a emo Dwarf

05-09-2008 02:11 AM
Ishkur Cinderhat
The Arch Immortal

Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 85
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2007 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: Golden Hat #6 - Painting CompetitionIshkur Cinderhat 05-09-2008

GRNDL Wrote:
Wha? Already?! I'm still recovering from the last GH!!!

Hehe, same here Happy

05-09-2008 06:33 AM
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

Slaves: 414
Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best Contributor - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #6 - Painting CompetitionThommy H 05-09-2008

Quote:
thusly it must be US1

Mordheim has Unit Strength now?

Serial Writist - lots and lots of short fiction, written by me, regularly updated.

My models:
The Legion of Astragoth | The Dark Crusade of Mousillon | The Destroyer Cult | Les Défenseurs du Béniterre | Storm Over Béniterre | Force Belial

My rules:
Chaos Dwarfs Warscroll Compendium

05-09-2008 08:21 AM
torn
Lord of Flaming Automatons

Slaves: 237
Veteran Medal - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Scribe's Contest Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat #6 - Painting Competitiontorn 05-09-2008

hope i get a chance to enter this one! blinking busy at work again ive just been stuck in the west midlands and week and will be in the scottish highlands all next week! unfortunately my modelling is the thing that suffers, but even if i only get a few hours for an average entry i still think it will be a super cool competition! cant wait to see the entries by the big boys already lol

current projects:-
New mask/helmet style chaos dwarfs
blood bowl necromantic repaint
beyond the gates of antares algoryn force
my own battlefield!

2014 results with chaos dwarfs
1 - 0 - 1
05-09-2008 08:35 AM
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

RE: Golden Hat #6 - Painting CompetitionWillmark 05-09-2008

I'm formulating ideas as we speak, if I can pull it off it might looking pretty cool.

05-09-2008 09:16 AM
Pages (10): « First [1] 2 3 4 5 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition Grimstonefire 244 95,553 03-01-2009 05:33 PM
Last Post: clam
  Golden Hat #7 - Painting Competition Willmark 116 44,204 11-03-2008 01:15 AM
Last Post: Sojourn
  Golden Hat #5 - Painting Competition! Grimstonefire 164 71,757 04-02-2008 12:30 PM
Last Post: Grimstonefire
Exclamation Golden Hat #3 - Painting Competition! The Flying Beaver 86 31,182 10-01-2007 09:54 AM
Last Post: Canix
  One Week Left for the Painting Competition! Xander 15 6,372 09-27-2007 07:32 AM
Last Post: Xander

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites