Author MessageBluebeards' Clan. Golden Hat entry
JMR
Bull Centaur Lord

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 510
Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: Bluebeards' Clan. Golden Hat entryJMR 07-21-2012

You got my vote too. It's original, atmospheric and I couldn't really detect any flaws. Congrats on owning another cool miniature Wink

My blogs:
-Renewed Chaos Dwarf log- -Manticlicious Chaos Dwarves-
-Dark Elves with a hint of Slaanesh- -Other stuff-
07-21-2012 11:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bolg
Greater Bunny of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 12
Slaves: 642
Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Bluebeards' Clan. Oh, an update!Bolg 07-21-2012

Bassman Wrote:

...the large wheel are from an old plastic toy. It was a gun from a bag of plastic soldier I used to have since.... 25 years ago? Shock
The small one is a wheel from tracks of a Sherman tank.

I love that, having stuff in your bits box for decades and than finally using them. Great to see the wip pictures, I really like how it came out.

And like I said in the GH topic I love just how many different Hellcannons there were, no 2 were the same but most had a few parts in common (mainly the barrel).

Check out my webcomic here...
07-21-2012 01:16 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DAGabriel
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 515
Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Golden Hat - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Bluebeards' Clan. Golden Hat entryDAGabriel 07-21-2012

Cool one, great conversion on a great base. Especially like the substitution of the bighats.

2015        Bought/Traded: 104        Painted: 107

My army blog: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...589&page=1
07-21-2012 01:44 PM
Bassman
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Slaves: 640
Golden Hat - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat  - Gold x2                               
RE: Bluebeards' Clan. Oh, an update!Bassman 07-22-2012

Bolg Wrote:
And like I said in the GH topic I love just how many different Hellcannons there were, no 2 were the same but most had a few parts in common (mainly the barrel).

That's why Golden Hat is soo cool! Crazy Chaos Dwarfs engineers all together with their ideas one next to the other and.... all different!

Thank you every body. Golden Hat motivated me to finish this piece of artillery. I got the hellcannon from a bargain on ebay and cannibalized the pieces into many projects (mostly my crazy unit fillers) and now I had the idea how to use the left overs.

Of course it should be crewed by big hats! Takes Hat off

Alan the evil Wrote:
bassman spoke... and I do agree!!

Are you interested in the Last Supper by Leonardo da Vinci? Check here: http://milanoarte.net/en/tour/the-last-s...ly-for-you

Bored of slashing your slaves? Take a vacation in Milan:
http://www.milantour.net

This post was last modified: 07-22-2012 02:53 AM by Bassman.

07-22-2012 02:52 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1538
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Golden Hat - Silver Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2018                               
RE: Bluebeards' Clan. Golden Hat entrytjub 07-22-2012

Awesome work as usual Bass! Happy

Intro to 15mm Kings of War
My CDO blog containing all things Chaos Dwarf.
My various other hobby projects on Instagram.
Follow Admiralty Miniatures on Facebook!

07-22-2012 03:07 AM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 1389
Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze                               
RE: Bluebeards' Clan. Golden Hat entryZanko 07-22-2012

Brilliant work as usual dude! Takes Hat off

Damn good stuff, great paintjob and a cool sinister atmosphere! Cheers!

No aspects to criticize - despite the odd BigHats! Tongue Wink

Hashut!

"Frurndar are still existing!"
               The Lizard King 

07-22-2012 03:29 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 10
Slaves: 214
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017                               
RE: Bluebeards' Clan. Golden Hat entryAdmiral 07-22-2012

Top notch Hellcannon. I like the big hat crew as well. Your entry had one of my votes, that's for sure!

News on CDO: Artisan's Contest XXVIII - Voting Deadline 20th of November  ...  Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings:
Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.
07-22-2012 02:12 PM
Bassman
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Golden Hat - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat  - Gold x2                               
RE: Bluebeards' Clan. Golden Hat entryBassman 02-09-2014

Bassman is back! After one year and a half finally I got a game with BABIS .
He came to Milan to collect his commissions and we decided to celebrate with a battle at local GW shop. Well Chaos Dwafs against... Chaos Dwarfs. Of course CD won Big Grin

Unfortunately BABIS official army is not complete yet so you can see to the right his temporary army and to the left my good old Bluebeards.

We had a nice afternoon together andhe was so kind to help me with rules after such a long time!

Thank you BABIS and see you soon for next battle.

Alan the evil Wrote:

Are you interested in the Last Supper by Leonardo da Vinci? Check here: http://milanoarte.net/en/tour/the-last-s...ly-for-you

02-09-2014 08:00 AM
Bassman
Greater Daemon of Hashut

RE: Bluebeards' Clan. Golden Hat entryBassman 02-09-2014

Here you can see the highlight of the battle, when his sorcerer prophet on taurus challenged my sorcerer prophet with his loyal bodyguard.

Here another topical moment, the big duel and in the background you can see my hobgoblins cutthroats winning against BABIS's great weapons unit. That was hilarious Happy

Alan the evil Wrote:

02-09-2014 08:06 AM
Sticklander
Bull Centaur

Slaves: 125
Major Prize Sponsor                               
RE: Bluebeards' Clan. Golden Hat entrySticklander 02-09-2014

Any chance of a full battle report? I love the idea of Chaos Dwarfs going toe-to-toe with each other, or hat-to-hat rather!

'If I look back, I am lost.'
~------------~
Hobby Blogs:
Chaos Dwarfs, The Blooded Horde
A Song of Ice and Fire conversions
Moss Goblins
~------------~

02-09-2014 10:04 AM
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1538
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Golden Hat - Silver Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2018                               
RE: Bluebeards' Clan. Golden Hat entrytjub 02-09-2014

Good to see an update in this blog! Happy

Intro to 15mm Kings of War
My CDO blog containing all things Chaos Dwarf.
My various other hobby projects on Instagram.
Follow Admiralty Miniatures on Facebook!

02-09-2014 06:00 PM
Yodrin
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 296
Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Attitude - 2013 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS                               
RE: Bluebeards' Clan. Golden Hat entryYodrin 02-10-2014

CD taking on CD, love it. Do you have any more pics or a full BR?

YODRIN'S P.BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=13137

Thommy H Wrote:
This thread is two years old. The kid in question is probably in prison by now.

02-10-2014 03:10 AM
Bloodbeard
Master Hellsmith of the Artillery Forge

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 834
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
RE: Bluebeards' Clan. Golden Hat entryBloodbeard 02-10-2014

Yes! This i awesome. First off all I think it's great that CDO members meet in real life.

Secondly that must have been a great game.

Two sorcerer prophets that battle each other - properly over some petty disagreement. "No! This episode of My Little Furnace is the best!"

02-10-2014 03:34 AM
BABIS
Great Taurus

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 251
Golden Hat - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: Bluebeards' Clan. Golden Hat entryBABIS 02-10-2014

eheh, that was a good battle Cheers!

it was the first time I played against another CD army, and I never thought about proper strategies Tongue so I brought the ETC limited army list I'm playing for a few months -a full assault list- with no modifications Pirate

in the pictures you can see my prophet on taurus who repeatedly tried to cast Purple Sun on Bassaman main unit, but his prophet repeatedly casted Ash Storm on mine so no casting at all Shock
his prophet casted about 4 spells with Irresistible Force O_O and he never died! Tongue so he was clearly Hashut chosen one Wink

like Bassman said I brought my temporary army (mostly unpainted or painted by previous owners) because I did a 300 km trip and I was a little bit concerned about the safeness of my "official" army, but I promise that in my next game with Bassman I will have my big hats army and some pieces not yet revealed Takes Hat off  

BABIS CHAOS DWARFS BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=12173

Bloodbeard Wrote:
With all that heavy firepower, you'll be able to take on the Old Ones when they return in their silver ships.

02-10-2014 07:27 AM
Bassman
Greater Daemon of Hashut

RE: Bluebeards' Clan. Golden Hat entryBassman 02-10-2014

Bloodbeard: ahaha, it was more about "my hat is bigger than yours!" Typical male thing Wink

Well, it was really a friendly game and we did not take note of everything for a full battle report.

I just want to describe the big duel!
All battle long my sorcerer prophet was blessed by Hashut and continued to caste ash storm on his prophet with irrestible power! This was good (preventing him from casting purple sun on my little dwarfs and zippng here and there on the battlefield) but also bad because I almost killed my wizard reducing him to 1 wound only.
The turn of the duel my mistcast killed 11 dwarfs of my body guard and took one wound out of his prophet. Luckily my prophet survived with his last wound left and smiled evily Wink
That was the moment I thought "no risk, no gain"! Even if his taurus was only 1 inch away from my regiment I decided to fire my last death rocket upon him. Hashut blessed me again and I scored a HIT! Not to said he failed saves and died piteously! Ahahahahahahha Big Grin

Alan the evil Wrote:

02-10-2014 07:29 AM
Sticklander
Bull Centaur

Slaves: 125
Major Prize Sponsor                               
RE: Bluebeards' Clan. Golden Hat entrySticklander 02-10-2014

It really does sound like Hashut had chosen the victor before the fight had begun! Bad luck, BABIS! Clearly you haven't been sacrificing enough slaves! Wink

'If I look back, I am lost.'
~------------~
Hobby Blogs:
Chaos Dwarfs, The Blooded Horde
A Song of Ice and Fire conversions
Moss Goblins
~------------~

02-10-2014 07:49 AM
Fuggit Khan
The Eye of Hashut

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 730
Best Hobbyist - 2013 Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x3 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Scribe's Contest Silver Best Hobbyist - 2014 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Golden Hat - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Fuggit (dubai joke medal) Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x3                               
RE: Bluebeards' Clan. Golden Hat entryFuggit Khan 02-10-2014

Bassman Wrote:
Bloodbeard: ahaha, it was more about "my hat is bigger than yours!" Typical male thing Wink

LOL...and thanks for sharing these photos with all of us...I wish I could of been there to see so many classic Big Hats on one table all at once. Two truly beautiful armies Takes Hat off

"Where there's a whip, there's a way!"
02-10-2014 12:54 PM
Pages (17): « First < Previous 13 14 15 16 [17] Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Vulcanologist's Chaos Dwarf army project (Golden Hat Destroyer Entry!!) vulcanologist 276 165,433 06-09-2013 06:55 AM
Last Post: Yodrin
  Golden Hat Entry: Pictures at Last!!! WarplockMonkey 16 7,719 12-04-2010 05:31 AM
Last Post: Fequiil
  My Golden hat 13 entry Golder Goldeater 11 3,856 11-12-2010 09:24 PM
Last Post: GRNDL
  Revlid's Golden Hat IX Entry Revlid 7 3,092 03-17-2010 10:48 AM
Last Post: m3lvin
  Hobgobbler's Golden Hat entry Hobgobbler 8 4,615 01-25-2008 07:22 AM
Last Post: thomson

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites