Arcuballis Chaos Dwarfs Blog - Steampunk flavored
Author MessageArcuballis Chaos Dwarfs Blog - Steampunk flavored
Arcuballis
Slave

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 0

Arcuballis Chaos Dwarfs Blog - Steampunk flavoredArcuballis 10-06-2008

News from the front! At least I started to work on some prototypes for my Steampunk Chaos Dwarf army, which will use the Empire Armylist, as I've discussed on my other thread in the Ideas section of the forum...

Well, enough talking and let's go for the pictures (which Byt the way are very crappy, my camera does not have a Macro function):

Chaos Dwarf Hero:

This was the first of many Chaos Dwarfs that I will be doing with my intended Steampunk look & feel. I've used some bits from the 40k Chaos range and Orks, along with some WHFB Chaos Warriors bitz. The right arm was from the Chaos Warrior Champion, wielding a huge axe. The left hand came from the 40k Chaos SM Terminator range, a Powerfist with a chainsaw. The front part of the body (which will represent Meteoric Armor) came from a Chaos SM Terminator also. The backpack have a machinery bit from the old Ork Mega Armor, the fur cloak and beard was made from GS, the cloack buttons with those medals in the Dwarfs sprues, the mask was from the same sprue...

Next was a small unit of 4 Ironguts, with some CD style beards. The champion was armed with a Ork mega-armor power claw, with a Ork Dreadnought engine for the backpack:

Then came the Steam Tank, in a very early stage... The main hull came from a militaria 1:35 KV-2 russian tank turred, turned upside down, and the tiny track are from the old plastic ork bike sprue. I will be adding a cannon in the front, converted from an empire great cannon...

Well, stay tuned for the next updates, and as always, comments, ideas, critics and suggstions are more than welcome!!!!!

Cheers,   Cheers!

Arcuballis  

10-06-2008 01:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Khan!
Bull Centaur

Slaves: 35
Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS                               
RE: Arcuballis Chaos Dwarfs Blog - Steampunk flavoredKhan! 10-06-2008

Yes!  Yes.  Your first CD looks quite a bit like a Squat, actually.  Which is cool.  I like the power fist ogre too, but I'm particularly looking forward to the steam tank!  Using the tank kit as a base was a very sound idea.

Me and Avalokitesvara - we're pals, see?
10-06-2008 01:36 PM
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 503
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Arcuballis Chaos Dwarfs Blog - Steampunk flavoredXander 10-06-2008

This stuff is excellent! A very fresh take on Chaos Dwarfs!  I look forward to more!

Excellent start with the tank, it's looking great!

Join us on the new forum. Come help us test it out!
https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com
10-06-2008 02:06 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ishkur Cinderhat
The Arch Immortal

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 87
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2007 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: Arcuballis Chaos Dwarfs Blog - Steampunk flavoredIshkur Cinderhat 10-06-2008

Wow, this is really cool. Hope you won't run out of 40k bitz anytime soon! ^^

10-06-2008 02:29 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kera foehunter
Zharr Nauggund Alpha Female

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 153
Best Attitude - 2007 Best Attitude - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Best Attitude - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: Arcuballis Chaos Dwarfs Blog - Steampunk flavoredKera foehunter 10-06-2008

Kick ass!! love the ogres!!the tank is so cool

The last of female chaos dwarf
10-06-2008 05:19 PM
Ghrask Dragh
TeddyMadeMeDoIt...

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 855

RE: Arcuballis Chaos Dwarfs Blog - Steampunk flavoredGhrask Dragh 10-07-2008

Takes Hat off  I like the ogres and your hero is very innovative, I'm impressed!!

I'm really looking forward to your steamtank, great start, I love steampunk Happy

Cheers!

My Chaos Dwarf Blog
10-07-2008 02:40 AM
Bassman
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Slaves: 640
Golden Hat - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat  - Gold x2                               
RE: Arcuballis Chaos Dwarfs Blog - Steampunk flavoredBassman 10-07-2008

The steam tank is cool! Great idea with the KV turret, it is one of my favorite russian tanks, it looks so steam punk Big Grin

You could also use it as an unit filler for blunderbusses.... Happy

Alan the evil Wrote:
bassman spoke... and I do agree!!

Are you interested in the Last Supper by Leonardo da Vinci? Check here: http://milanoarte.net/en/tour/the-last-s...ly-for-you

Bored of slashing your slaves? Take a vacation in Milan:
http://www.milantour.net

10-07-2008 03:35 AM
furrie
hat lover

Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 243

RE: Arcuballis Chaos Dwarfs Blog - Steampunk flavoredfurrie 10-07-2008

it looks pretty sick

My blog with big hatters

Hashut's Blessing Wrote:
I like big hats and I cannot lie, you other brothers can't deny, when a dwarf walks in with an iddy biddy thing and wears it on his head, you get sprung...

Kera foehunter Wrote:
But there is only one choice
Big hats anything else is just a emo Dwarf

10-07-2008 03:55 AM
clam
Slave to Darkness

Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 1264
Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Arcuballis Chaos Dwarfs Blog - Steampunk flavoredclam 10-07-2008

Those models are awesome Takes Hat off - love the steampunk approch to CDs. So glad to see some one have a go on this.

Looking forward to see much more.

Clam's Coloured Classic Collection

Follow Clamshells on Facebook
10-07-2008 04:24 AM
grunts
Chaos Dwarf Hero

RE: Arcuballis Chaos Dwarfs Blog - Steampunk flavoredgrunts 10-07-2008

I'm so happy to see somebody do a steampunk theme.  Looks excellent so far, can't wait to see more!

Sarcasm...beats killing people

10-07-2008 01:35 PM
Arcuballis
Slave

RE: Arcuballis Chaos Dwarfs Blog - Steampunk flavoredArcuballis 10-07-2008

Wow! I'm very happy that you all liked them as much as I did! I was afraid to "overdosing" the steampunk theme and coming with a 40k Squat army instead of a Fantasy one... Tongue

More pictures to follow soon! I just finished converting the turban wearing hobbos, made another hero from the BFSP Thain model, the fire sorcerer from the more obvious choice of the guy holding the cannonball and a prototype for the chainsaw toting CD, representing a great weapon, using as a base the BFSP miners, who have 2 handed gripping pikes... Also, I almost finished a smaller version of the Steam Tank to represent the Helstorm mutibarreled gun...

Stay tuned! Cheers!

Cheers and please keep the coments, critics and suggestions coming! Takes Hat off

Arcuballis

10-07-2008 04:49 PM
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1549
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Golden Hat - Silver Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2018                               
RE: Arcuballis Chaos Dwarfs Blog - Steampunk flavoredtjub 10-11-2008

I relly like the Steam Tank, looks like a small stunty fantasy version of the colossus...
Btw, is it a KV-2 turret turned up side down? Tongue

Intro to 15mm Kings of War
My CDO blog containing all things Chaos Dwarf.
My various other hobby projects on Instagram.
Follow Admiralty Miniatures on Facebook!

10-11-2008 03:07 AM
Stubbs
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

RE: Arcuballis Chaos Dwarfs Blog - Steampunk flavoredStubbs 09-13-2009

Holy **** man Big Grin! that is so awsome! as your making this cyborg dwarf like army you should make some cool golems based on ork nobs in heavy armor Big Grin planning to do that to myself but damm keep it going im gonna follow this thread for sure!

This post was last modified: 09-15-2009 03:00 AM by Ghrask Dragh.

09-13-2009 10:10 AM
AGPO
BOAR CENTAUR!

Group: Retired Staff
Slaves: 1271

RE: Arcuballis Chaos Dwarfs Blog - Steampunk flavoredAGPO 09-15-2009

Very imaginative take on Chaos Dwarfs, I like it very much! THe only (albeit minor) critisism is that maybe you should trim the axe arm on the hero. Seems a tad long to me.

Check out my blogs!:
Chaos Dwarfs (6/6/09)Other shiny things (13/11/11)

I follow the Grumpy But Responsible Gamers' Charter. Join us!

Sojourn Wrote:
FYI Wilmark, the only alcohol I'm drinking is from that bucket

09-15-2009 03:25 PM
Loki
Wearer of the Big Hat

Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 269
Best Attitude - 2009 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Arcuballis Chaos Dwarfs Blog - Steampunk flavoredLoki 09-16-2009

Great work Arcuballis the ogres look great and the steam tank looks awesome, i agree with AGPO about the axe arm it does look a little bit long but other than that some really great models Happy

Fequiil Said
------------------------------------------------
yeah, everybody can just say that, but when loki speaks...
everything is different.Wink

09-16-2009 06:23 AM
Stubbs
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

RE: Arcuballis Chaos Dwarfs Blog - Steampunk flavoredStubbs 09-28-2009

I so like your models so far they are really inspiring me to make a steamtank myself and also alrdy had plans to give my leader a power fist and u just made a very cool inspiring one Big Grin !

Check out my Chaos dwarfies!

There's a steamtank in it Big Grin!
09-28-2009 12:10 PM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Mrowa's Chaos Dwarfs army blog Mrowa 14 4,843 05-07-2016 01:51 AM
Last Post: tjub
  Cheap Chaos Dwarfs Blog toco 11 4,322 02-17-2016 10:06 AM
Last Post: toco
  Steampunk Skirmisher's Chaos Dwarf Army blog Steampunk Skirmisher 3 2,894 11-20-2013 08:39 PM
Last Post: Steampunk Skirmisher
  Mattbird's Dwarfs of Chaos army blog mattbird 8 4,752 01-21-2010 06:19 PM
Last Post: Kera foehunter
  Blog? Why not... (Snotling's Chaos Dwarfs) Snotling 36 37,570 01-08-2009 06:00 AM
Last Post: Kera foehunter

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites