Pages (108): « First < Previous 104 105 106 107 [108] Last »
5 Votes - 5 Average   tjub's blog
Author Messagetjub's blog
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 12
Slaves: 1291
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Scribe's Contest - Gold x2                               
RE: tjub's blogAbecedar 08-06-2017

Cool little blighters

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
08-06-2017 07:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 195
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016                               
RE: tjub's blogAdmiral 08-07-2017

Looks great! Having hats leading them is reasonable. Someone has got to keep the slaves in line, after all! Still, if you'd like to make a masked fanatic hero character down the road, then that could be cool.

Something which you need to do somewhere among all the models you're sculpting, is a scimitar. At least one scimitar. No evil stunty army of tjub's is genuine without at least one scimitar, and you know it. Wink

News on CDO: Scribe's Contest XI - Deadline 22nd of August ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Chaos Dwarf Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.
08-07-2017 02:57 AM
tjub
Hat or Die!

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1229
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver x2 Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration                               
RE: tjub's blogtjub 08-08-2017

Admiral Wrote:
Looks great! Having hats leading them is reasonable. Someone has got to keep the slaves in line, after all! Still, if you'd like to make a masked fanatic hero character down the road, then that could be cool.

Something which you need to do somewhere among all the models you're sculpting, is a scimitar. At least one scimitar. No evil stunty army of tjub's is genuine without at least one scimitar, and you know it. Wink

Hehe, might be true... Just felt that it was "done". Sure, there are lots of possibility down the line. Ive just been covering the basics so far. Happy

Chaos Dwarfs for SALE!
Chaos Dwarf Army Blog

GDD Wrote:
"And then children, Tjub spent 78 pages perfecting his fireborn. For such is the struggle of a CD player with a thematic army."

08-08-2017 01:20 AM
Pappa Midnight
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 389
Scribe's Contest Silver Golden Hat - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2016 Golden Hat - Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Gold                               
RE: tjub's blogPappa Midnight 08-08-2017

More excellent work! Have you thought about 15mm Bull Centaurs?

PM

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it through not dying.
08-08-2017 02:40 PM
tjub
Hat or Die!

Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver x2 Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration                               
RE: tjub's blogtjub 08-10-2017

Pappa Midnight Wrote:
More excellent work! Have you thought about 15mm Bull Centaurs?

PM

Jupp, but we shall have to wait and see... Knowing me I want it all, with all possible combinations etc. But Ive got a few other projects that needs some attention soon. Happy

Chaos Dwarfs for SALE!
Chaos Dwarf Army Blog

GDD Wrote:
"And then children, Tjub spent 78 pages perfecting his fireborn. For such is the struggle of a CD player with a thematic army."

08-10-2017 12:26 AM
tjub
Hat or Die!

RE: tjub's blogtjub 08-14-2017

2-handed weapon, will have to fill up some gaps etc but he is as good as done. Takes Hat off

Chaos Dwarfs for SALE!
Chaos Dwarf Army Blog

GDD Wrote:

08-14-2017 02:19 PM
Carcearion
Great Taurus

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 296
Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Photobucket Migration                               
RE: tjub's blogCarcearion 08-14-2017

he looks great! I often feel like we don't see enough hammers around

"It matters not that you failed to burn the world. What matters is that you lit a fire."
- Neherazsh the Flaming Bull

My Chaos Dwarf Name Generator
Army Blog: Carcearion's Warhost of Karagazkar
Short Story: To Carve One's Fate
My Shapeways Shop: Carcearion's Bit Forge - Custom 3D printed bits for sale!
08-14-2017 03:05 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Slaves: 195
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016                               
RE: tjub's blogAdmiral 08-14-2017

This is getting better and better. Good work on the hat and hammer. I'm happy with the ornamental variety and increasing attention to detail you're putting into the headgear. Heady mix, as it should be. Must be fun to come up with some new stuff to put on the hats, suitable along with what've come before.

News on CDO: Scribe's Contest XI - Deadline 22nd of August ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Chaos Dwarf Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.

This post was last modified: 08-14-2017 03:49 PM by Admiral.

08-14-2017 03:38 PM
tjub
Hat or Die!

RE: tjub's blogtjub 08-15-2017

Thanks! Cant just do arrows on them all... Tongue
To be honest I just make up the hats as I go, no big plan there. Originally planned him as an Immortal, but changed to be a regular warrior. Think Ill just do Immortals by banner/painting scheme or similar.

Of course there are some minor stuff that I saw in the photo that Ill have to edit before he is "done", photos can be a bit too revealing sometimes. Unsure

Chaos Dwarfs for SALE!
Chaos Dwarf Army Blog

GDD Wrote:

08-15-2017 12:06 AM
Ghrask Dragh
TeddyMadeMeDoIt...

Group: Retired Staff
Slaves: 811

RE: tjub's blogGhrask Dragh 08-15-2017

No matter how many times I disappear and reappear one thing is for certain

Tjub work is plentiful and incredible!!!

I love these little guys, I think my favourite stuff you've done and thats saying something, definitely would pick some of these up if the went to Admirals store so fingers crossed

Cheers!

My Chaos Dwarf Blog
08-15-2017 04:24 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tjub
Hat or Die!

RE: tjub's blogtjub 08-15-2017

Ghrask Dragh Wrote:
No matter how many times I disappear and reappear one thing is for certain

Tjub work is plentiful and incredible!!!

I love these little guys, I think my favourite stuff you've done and thats saying something, definitely would pick some of these up if the went to Admirals store so fingers crossed

Cheers!

Thanks, lets hope so! Good to see that you are back... Takes Hat off

Chaos Dwarfs for SALE!
Chaos Dwarf Army Blog

GDD Wrote:

08-15-2017 11:45 AM
tjub
Hat or Die!

RE: tjub's blogtjub Yesterday

As discussed in another thread, Ive used a lot of push pins for hats for my 28mm Chaos Dwarfs. For the 15mm Ive tried a a "new" method, to make hats. So thought I might as well share them... Happy

1. Make a cone, Ive used Super Sculpty since its cheap and nice to work with. Not at all sticky like GS and cures in an regular oven at say 100 degrees 15min. To get a smooth cone, use two flat surfaces and slightly push at the top of the cone.

2. Bake it in the oven. Preferably make a lot of cones in one go.

3. Chop of the top and base of the cone, use the middle part for the hat.

4. Attach with superglue to your model depending on hat concept, and get to work with Greenstuff for ornaments etc. Takes Hat off

Chaos Dwarfs for SALE!
Chaos Dwarf Army Blog

GDD Wrote:

This post was last modified: Yesterday 12:29 AM by tjub.

Yesterday 12:28 AM
Pappa Midnight
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Slaves: 389
Scribe's Contest Silver Golden Hat - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2016 Golden Hat - Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Gold                               
RE: tjub's blogPappa Midnight Yesterday

Very nice tip about doing big hats!
Thanks for sharing.

PM

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it through not dying.
Yesterday 05:45 AM
Ghrask Dragh
TeddyMadeMeDoIt...

Group: Retired Staff
Slaves: 811

RE: tjub's blogGhrask Dragh Yesterday

Nice to see where they come from, I really.... really want to paint these little guys Happy

My Chaos Dwarf Blog
Yesterday 08:32 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Uther the unhinged
Hobgoblin

Slaves: 23

RE: tjub's blogUther the unhinged Today

You mever cease to amaze me
These guys are fantastic,such detail so small
Truly awesome
Uther

Today 06:05 PM