Pages (115): « First < Previous 111 112 113 114 [115] Last »
5 Votes - 5 Average   tjub's blog
Author Messagetjub's blog
Jackswift
Bull Centaur Hero

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 550
Scribe's Contest Gold Golden Hat - Silver Artisan's Contest - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Veteran Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: tjub's blogJackswift 12-14-2017

Re the steam walker, I would suggest some lines, or cable to the lega from the steam canister/boiler and/or some struts along the legs to indicate the beams that move the leg pieces.  As is works to though.  Too much can quickly get too busy.  Cheers,

12-14-2017 10:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ghrask Dragh
TeddyMadeMeDoIt...

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 834

RE: tjub's blogGhrask Dragh 12-15-2017

Yep, these continue to be lovely, lovely little minis, I always enjoy seeing an update here Happy

My Chaos Dwarf Blog
12-15-2017 02:46 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tjub
Hat or Die!

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1310
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver x2 Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor                               
RE: tjub's blogtjub 01-01-2018

Here are some Immortals with big hammers, debating whether to do flames on the weapons as well?

Buy your 15mm "Tjublings" here!
Chaos Dwarf Army Blog
Other creations

GDD Wrote:
"And then children, Tjub spent 78 pages perfecting his fireborn. For such is the struggle of a CD player with a thematic army."

01-01-2018 11:56 AM
Carcearion
Daemon Prince of Hashut

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 191
Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Photobucket Migration Scribe's Contest Silver                               
RE: tjub's blogCarcearion 01-01-2018

A great start on the immortals! capes and flames definitly a good way to go about it! I think flaming weapons would be an awesome addition to really get them to stand out.

I hate to say i though, but I don't think the little flame cups really work out with the none-flat top hats.

"It matters not that you failed to burn the world. What matters is that you lit a fire."
- Neherazsh the Flaming Bull

My Chaos Dwarf Name Generator
Army Blog: Carcearion's Warhost of Karagazkar
Short Story: To Carve One's Fate
My Shapeways Shop: Carcearion's Bit Forge - Evil Dwarf Bits For Sale!
01-01-2018 06:10 PM
tjub
Hat or Die!

Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver x2 Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor                               
RE: tjub's blogtjub 01-02-2018

Carcearion Wrote:
A great start on the immortals! capes and flames definitly a good way to go about it! I think flaming weapons would be an awesome addition to really get them to stand out.

I hate to say i though, but I don't think the little flame cups really work out with the none-flat top hats.

I see your point, at first while playing around I didn't really like it but then it kinda stuck. With silly hats and "bigger the better" etc I thought that they would simply add a flaming cup on top of their normal ha as they received Guard/Immortal status.

Chaos Dwarf Army Blog
Other creations

GDD Wrote:
"And then children, Tjub spent 78 pages perfecting his fireborn. For such is the struggle of a CD player with a thematic army."

01-02-2018 01:12 AM
HPN
Hobgoblin

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 32
Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: tjub's blogHPN 01-02-2018

Ad usual, lovely ( in an evil way of course)! I think some flames would look good on the hammers too.

Ad a side note, may i aks you who is your caster? Even in PM, I plan to have some models casted in future, and I'm taking contacts with the different companies offering that service.

01-02-2018 04:53 AM
BABIS
Great Taurus

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 248
Golden Hat - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: tjub's blogBABIS 01-02-2018

I am a big fan of flaming weapons so I think they will be a great addiction!

BABIS CHAOS DWARFS BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=12173

Bloodbeard Wrote:
With all that heavy firepower, you'll be able to take on the Old Ones when they return in their silver ships.

01-02-2018 10:07 AM
Carcearion
Daemon Prince of Hashut

Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Photobucket Migration Scribe's Contest Silver                               
RE: tjub's blogCarcearion 01-02-2018

tjub Wrote:
I see your point, at first while playing around I didn't really like it but then it kinda stuck. With silly hats and "bigger the better" etc I thought that they would simply add a flaming cup on top of their normal ha as they received Guard/Immortal status.

Yeah I can definitely see what you were going for with it, nice and uniform and very recognizable kind of upgrade to the whole kit.

Hmmm... All the none-flat tops have skull toppers, maybe you could do a flaming skull kind of thing for those hats instead? Just a bit of flame on the top of the skull and maybe some tendrils coming out of the eyes?

"It matters not that you failed to burn the world. What matters is that you lit a fire."

01-02-2018 12:25 PM
tjub
Hat or Die!

Carcearion Wrote:
Yeah I can definitely see what you were going for with it, nice and uniform and very recognizable kind of upgrade to the whole kit.

Hmmm... All the none-flat tops have skull toppers, maybe you could do a flaming skull kind of thing for those hats instead? Just a bit of flame on the top of the skull and maybe some tendrils coming out of the eyes?

Might try that on a few, but I fear it would be too small to look good. The photos above dont really do the models justice since they are close ups in a small scale. For a 28-32mm fig it wouldn't be any problems but on these I want something that you see directly on the battlefield. Anyway, wouldn't be too much trouble to atleast give it a test.

Chaos Dwarf Army Blog
Other creations

GDD Wrote:

01-02-2018 01:10 PM
tjub
Hat or Die!

HPN Wrote:
Ad usual, lovely ( in an evil way of course)! I think some flames would look good on the hammers too.

Ad a side note, may i aks you who is your caster? Even in PM, I plan to have some models casted in future, and I'm taking contacts with the different companies offering that service.

Thanks! Takes Hat off
Sure no problem, Hysterical Games did the casting. Admiral handled the casting bit, but I have had a lot of communication with them, mainly Rob. And he has been super helpful and really good communication. Im sure Admiral will agree with me here.

http://www.hystericalgames.co.uk
EDIT: https://tabletop-gaming-directory.com/re...ical-games

Not sure they run their casting through this website, but if you cant find it send me a PM or contact me on FB. Takes Hat off

Chaos Dwarf Army Blog
Other creations

GDD Wrote:

This post was last modified: 01-02-2018 01:18 PM by tjub.

01-02-2018 01:16 PM
HPN
Hobgoblin

Slaves: 32
Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: tjub's blogHPN 01-02-2018

tjub Wrote:

Thanks! Takes Hat off
Sure no problem, Hysterical Games did the casting. Admiral handled the casting bit, but I have had a lot of communication with them, mainly Rob. And he has been super helpful and really good communication. Im sure Admiral will agree with me here.

http://www.hystericalgames.co.uk
EDIT: https://tabletop-gaming-directory.com/re...ical-games

Not sure they run their casting through this website, but if you cant find it send me a PM or contact me on FB. Takes Hat off

Ah thank you, i already know them! Already took contact also, they have been very kind and informative. Of those I already asked, at the moment they would be my first choice, if I don't manage someway to find anything else better.

Thanks a lot!

01-02-2018 04:46 PM
tjub
Hat or Die!

RE: tjub's blogtjub 01-03-2018

Here they are with some flames added to their weapons as well. Happy

Chaos Dwarf Army Blog
Other creations

GDD Wrote:

This post was last modified: 01-03-2018 01:16 AM by tjub.

01-03-2018 01:15 AM
Skink
Slann Mage Priest

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 675
Golden Hat - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: tjub's blogSkink 01-03-2018

Yay! Now paint em Happy

"Hashut! Vorgrund! Zharr Naggrund!!" A Chaos Dwarf's battlecry.

-Chaos Dwarf Spaghetti- My Dawi Zharr blog. Comes with tomato sauce!
01-03-2018 02:07 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 405
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
RE: tjub's blogAdmiral 01-03-2018

Painting is the second verse. The first verse is "Cast 'em!" Wink

Good job tjub! Rob Alderman at Hysterical Games has done a good job and is a helpful man. I'll have Hysterical cast some 28mm kits of my own down the line.

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXIX - Deadline 27th of January ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Chaos Dwarf Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.
01-03-2018 11:03 AM
Carcearion
Daemon Prince of Hashut

RE: tjub's blogCarcearion 01-03-2018

Oooh! The weapon flames look great!

01-03-2018 12:18 PM
tjub
Hat or Die!

RE: tjub's blogtjub 01-03-2018

...and some Immortals with normal hand weapons.

Chaos Dwarf Army Blog
Other creations

GDD Wrote:

01-03-2018 04:16 PM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Slaves: 1407
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: tjub's blogAbecedar 01-03-2018

They are coming along very nicely

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
01-03-2018 08:20 PM
Pappa Midnight
Bull Centaur

Slaves: 456
Scribe's Contest Silver Golden Hat - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2016 Golden Hat - Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Gold                               
RE: tjub's blogPappa Midnight 01-09-2018

Wonderful additions to your excellent range. I take my hat off to you ( big hat, obviously! )

PM

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it through not dying.
01-09-2018 05:41 AM
Pages (115): « First < Previous 111 112 113 114 [115] Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites