Post Reply  Post Thread 
Kludge and the 'Up the Wall gang' and now also questions about the 25th Marauder Chaos Dwarf?
Author MessageKludge and the 'Up the Wall gang' and now also questions about the 25th Marauder Chaos Dwarf?
clam
Slave to Darkness

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 1250
Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold                               
Kludge and the 'Up the Wall gang' and now also questions about the 25th Marauder Chaos Dwarf?clam 10-22-2008

In my Collecting Quest effort I have come across 'Kludge':

Kludge is a part of the limited edition blister consisting of 4 dwarfs and two pots (http://www.solegends.com/citle/citle1990...UpWall.htm). Models are sculpted by Trish Morrison.

In our Wiki Model Catalog 'Kludge' is labeled as a 'could be a chaos dwarf'.

After getting him in my own hands I'm very certain that he is a Chaos Dwarf - as he - apart from the look itself - has a Chaos Star on his left shoulder. He looks like some kind of engineer.

So is there anyone here at CDO - who recall anything about this set and even know it's background story? - would really like to know Wink

In my Google search for info about these I came across these cool pictures of the gang - I think you all should see Big Grin.

They are from Neil Lemon's collection (@CCM)

So 'Kludge' could just be the plumber Big Grin

Clam's Coloured Classic Collection

Follow Clamshells on Facebook

This post was last modified: 10-24-2008 06:25 AM by clam.

10-22-2008 09:53 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Obsidian
Voice of Hashut

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 225
Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Golden Hat - Silver x2                               
RE: Kludge and the 'Up the Wall gang'Obsidian 10-22-2008

I have the set at home! Cheers!:

Back in the olde days Citadel used to do whole sets like these. They just made what they liked to back then, not everything had their use in games.

The Dwarf King's court and the Chaos toilet spring to mind.

The Obsidian Forge
10-22-2008 10:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ghrask Dragh
TeddyMadeMeDoIt...

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 811

RE: Kludge and the 'Up the Wall gang'Ghrask Dragh 10-22-2008

I did try but found nothing, sorry buddy! will let you know if I do

My Chaos Dwarf Blog

This post was last modified: 10-22-2008 01:54 PM by Ghrask Dragh.

10-22-2008 01:53 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wallacer
Hashut's cow pimp

Group: Mods of Hashut
Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 1046
Artisan's Contest - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Wiki - Major Contributor Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS                               
RE: Kludge and the 'Up the Wall gang'wallacer 10-22-2008

I think somebody at GW heard of the mafia "Hole in the Wall Gang" in Las Vegas and just thought it would be a laugh to make an equivalent with GW figures.

Army pics: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...888&page=1
10-22-2008 03:04 PM
Kera foehunter
Zharr Nauggund Alpha Female

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 153
Best Attitude - 2007 Best Attitude - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Best Attitude - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: Kludge and the 'Up the Wall gang'Kera foehunter 10-22-2008

i thought i seen everything !!thanks clam for proving me wronge!!
cool figure to

The last of female chaos dwarf
10-22-2008 04:50 PM
Tarrakk Blackhand
Tarrakk Blackhand LIVES!!!

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 636
Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Kludge and the 'Up the Wall gang'Tarrakk Blackhand 10-22-2008

Quote:
The Dwarf King's court and the Chaos toilet spring to mind.

I think I'd personally hate to sit on a toliet made by the Ogres. A Great Maw toilet!

Amaze your friends when you post your Chaos Dwarf model pictures on our forum at http://www.monster-hobbies.com today!
10-22-2008 06:32 PM
GRNDL
The Last Word of Hashut and Mediocrity

Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 157
Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Kludge and the 'Up the Wall gang'GRNDL 10-22-2008

Sounds like a conversion just waiting to happen! Gnoblar look outs waiting to "clean" it...

Takes Hat off GRNDL's CD Army Blog  

10-22-2008 11:08 PM
clam
Slave to Darkness

Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Kludge and the 'Up the Wall gang'clam 10-23-2008

So no official story behind this? Really can't belive thatUnsure But thanks anyway Cheers!

10-23-2008 02:42 PM
clam
Slave to Darkness

RE: Kludge and the 'Up the Wall gang'clam 10-24-2008

In my search for information about Kludge I came across this post at HoH - It's Wallacer's post about completing his collection. Here, 'HavestMouse' talk's about a 25th Marauder Chaos Dwarf that is released as a 'normal' dwarf not Chaos Dwarf.

I found this blury picture - that might be the mentioned dwarf:

- anyone who knows which Marauder Dwarf it is? Can't find it at SoL, Stunties, CCM or in our Wiki Sad

This post was last modified: 10-24-2008 06:13 AM by clam.

10-24-2008 06:13 AM
Vintagephreak
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Market Rep: 5
Slaves: 45

RE: Kludge and the 'Up the Wall gang'Vintagephreak 10-24-2008

clam Wrote:
In my search for information about Kludge I came across this post at HoH - It's Wallacer's post about completing his collection. Here, 'HavestMouse' talk's about a 25th Marauder Chaos Dwarf that is released as a 'normal' dwarf not Chaos Dwarf.

- anyone who knows which Marauder Dwarf it is? Can't find it at SoL, Stunties, CCM or in our Wiki Sad

Interesting! Never heard of a 25th one meself. If you're a part of the Yahoo Collecting Citadel Miniatures group you could probably get some sensible replies there? Martin

10-24-2008 06:26 AM
Obsidian
Voice of Hashut

RE: Kludge and the 'Up the Wall gang' and now also questions about the 25th Marauder Chaos Dwarf?Obsidian 10-24-2008

Doesn't look much like a Chaos Dwarf to me! He has an ancestor head on its belt and all...

Also not very in line with the rest of the Marauder Chaos Dwarfs.

The Obsidian Forge
10-24-2008 07:11 AM
Pyro Stick
Wizard of the Glen

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 924
Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Photobucket Migration                               
RE: Kludge and the 'Up the Wall gang'Pyro Stick 10-24-2008

clam Wrote:

I think that was just harvestmouses own personal opinion. I personally dont think it looks anything like a  marauder chaos dwarf. In fact its obviously not a marauder chaos dwarf as it is in a completely different styke. It looks much more like the citadel style. I think it looks just like a normal dwarf.

This is the closest thing i could find to it on CCM:

My Chaos Dwarf Collection: GHXXVI

This post was last modified: 10-24-2008 07:14 AM by Pyro Stick.

10-24-2008 07:12 AM
clam
Slave to Darkness

RE: Kludge and the 'Up the Wall gang' and now also questions about the 25th Marauder Chaos Dwarf?clam 10-24-2008

I know it's not a chaotic looking dwarf - reason for naming it the 25th Chaos Dwarf should be, that it (according to harvestmouse) has a chaos star at the top of the hat.

Just can't find it in the Marauder production line at all - and yes Pyro - that's the only thing (quite cool dwarf (IMO) Wink) that come close to look like the mentioned dwarf.

@Vintagephreak
I am a member, but I really don't no how to use those yahoo groups Sad

This post was last modified: 10-24-2008 08:01 AM by clam.

10-24-2008 07:22 AM
Vintagephreak
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Market Rep: 5
Slaves: 45

RE: Kludge and the 'Up the Wall gang' and now also questions about the 25th Marauder Chaos Dwarf?Vintagephreak 10-24-2008

@Vintagephreak
I am a member, but I really don't no how to use those yahoo groups Sad
[/quote]

Have posted a request for more info from the group, we'll see if anybody knows anything.. M

10-24-2008 08:13 AM
clam
Slave to Darkness

RE: Kludge and the 'Up the Wall gang' and now also questions about the 25th Marauder Chaos Dwarf?clam 10-24-2008

thanks Takes Hat off

10-24-2008 08:19 AM
Ghrask Dragh
TeddyMadeMeDoIt...

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 811

RE: Kludge and the 'Up the Wall gang' and now also questions about the 25th Marauder Chaos Dwarf?Ghrask Dragh 10-24-2008

Here is a good picture...

...it's from the painting marathon page, Goldgreed has one Big Grin

My Chaos Dwarf Blog

This post was last modified: 10-24-2008 01:05 PM by Ghrask Dragh.

10-24-2008 01:04 PM
clam
Slave to Darkness

Thank you very much Ghrask D - seeing a clear picture of it, made me sure i ain't a 25th Marauder Chaos Dwars.

He might have an ornament at the top of his hat that could look like a Chaos Star - but seeing him painted there's no doubt in my mind that he is just a traditional Dwarf Longbeard - and I found him on the 1994 Catalog page.

10-24-2008 01:43 PM
Obsidian
Voice of Hashut

RE: Kludge and the 'Up the Wall gang' and now also questions about the 25th Marauder Chaos Dwarf?Obsidian 10-24-2008

Well, another myth busted! Wink

The Obsidian Forge
10-24-2008 03:10 PM
Auretious Taak
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 0

RE: Kludge and the 'Up the Wall gang' and now also questions about the 25th Marauder Chaos Dwarf?Auretious Taak 10-26-2008

Obsidian Wrote:
Well, another myth busted! Wink

This info should of course be passed around to anyone pertaining to the 25th Marauder Chaos Dwarf as this chap, as he is a Longbeard. But still he could be insidiously on the beginnings of the path to chaos, who knows. Okay figure, real oldschool there.

Upon a lonesome quest with No.1 for company and 212 slaves for the grand prize! The only clues so far are the colour blue and the direction up. A Sorcerer is needed to divine further meaning I am sure...

Respect to the Hat!Takes Hat offShockUnsure

*Sighs at the lack of emotes allowed in a sig, here I was with LOTS! Now just 5 max...Sick*
10-26-2008 06:35 AM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Wall Relief Plates of Ancient Times Released Admiral 1 216 07-14-2017 11:57 AM
Last Post: Enjoysrandom
  A few Questions about the Chaos Dwarf Rules: Halfblood 2 978 02-07-2013 06:48 AM
Last Post: nilbog
  Chaos Dwarfs (WoC) Magic Items Questions Animatone 6 2,405 01-08-2012 03:50 PM
Last Post: Grim_beard
  Marauder Chaos Dwarf army spotted on Frothers Thommy H 13 5,029 10-19-2010 11:07 AM
Last Post: Obsidian
  Marauder Chaos Dwarfs on Ebay cianty 4 1,574 08-18-2009 04:59 PM
Last Post: Kera foehunter

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites