Poll: Vote for the Winner of Golden Hat VII!
This poll is closed.
Entry #1 0% 0 0%
Entry #2 12.12% 8 12.12%
Entry #3 25.76% 17 25.76%
Entry #4 3.03% 2 3.03%
Entry #5 12.12% 8 12.12%
Entry #6 46.97% 31 46.97%
Total 66 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Post Reply  Post Thread 
Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »
Golden Hat #7 - Voting Thread
Author MessageGolden Hat #7 - Voting Thread
Willmark
Dark Shogun of Hashut

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 1178
Artisan's Contest - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Overall Member - 2007 Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS                               
Golden Hat #7 - Voting ThreadWillmark 11-02-2008

Below are the 6 Entries received for Golden Hat, congratulations to all who entered.

As per the rules for Golden Hat when less then 10 entries are received only the Golden Hat- Gold medal will be awarded this time around. Additionally since there are less then 10 entries in we can use the poll functionality. Therefore there will be no need to send in votes to the Golden Hat account as for GH V and VI; simply vote in the poll for the entry you think is best.

The poll will run for 14 days so be sure to get your votes in.

Therefore in the spirit of non-biased voting, each of them is given a number.  Pick which one you like the best, and cast your vote.  All votes will be made public, and thus we shall know if people are creating accounts to vote for themselves, etc. It would also be appreciated if you tell us why you voted the way you did. If you have criticisms of the entries, please make them constructive ones.

____________________________________________________________ ________________

Entry #1
<1

Entry #2
<2

Entry #3
<3

Entry #4
<4

Entry #5
<5

Entry #6
<6

Cast your vote now and again congratulations to all who entered, good job everyone!

My Want List / My Trade List

This post was last modified: 01-02-2009 12:32 AM by Xander.

11-02-2008 12:27 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Servius
Bull Centaur

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 186
Artisan's Contest - Gold Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: Golden Hat VII -Voting ThreadServius 11-02-2008

It came to 2, 3 & 6 for me.. As I felt they are the best painted, then I went to the overall theme and whats going on. 2 looks to me like its more of a Scene than a Duel.. (it looks like he is Repairing the machine) and it is very cluttered in the pictures available.. I think with better angles it could be better.. Again, I don't think it fits the genre of the Contest well enough (sorry to who did it). 3 is a perfect example of a duel in my opinion. lets see if i get this right.. Hobbo slave steals the Sorcerer's hat and staff and when the Sorcerer finds out and tries to kill him he uses magic to turn his beard against him? Awesome story involved is this one. and painted very well. 6 Looks great and the duel theme is well suited, I like the use of purples in this one.

In short I voted 3. Duel mainly to it making me laugh the sharp attention to details such as the robe and the expressions. as well as the overall presentation of the duel's story.

This post was last modified: 11-02-2008 12:44 PM by Servius.

11-02-2008 12:41 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pyro Stick
Wizard of the Glen

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 930
Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #7 -Voting ThreadPyro Stick 11-02-2008

I voted for entry 6. I like how it looks like there is a lot of action going on, like its a photo of an epic battle in progress. A sorcerors duel is my kind of duel.  I would of liked to have seen more pics of it though...

My Chaos Dwarf Collection: GHXXVI

11-02-2008 01:10 PM
Jamros
Hobgoblin

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 0

RE: Golden Hat #7 -Voting ThreadJamros 11-02-2008

For me it had to be entry 6; very dynamic and the best paint job and originality out of the bunch. I also liked 2 and 4; 5 was okay, but I don't like it when people write on the bases. Nonetheless, winners and losers, great work everyone! Takes Hat off

Hey! Take that massive plank out of your own eye before you try to flick this little piece of sawdust out of my eye, buddy!
11-02-2008 01:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lord Archaon
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Market Rep: 5
Slaves: 257
Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: Golden Hat #7 -Voting ThreadLord Archaon 11-02-2008

I like every entry. But my favorites are 2 and 5 entry.  I've voted for 5th because it's very original and has a snow theme, that is very hard to acomplish.

11-02-2008 01:53 PM
Arashi
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Slaves: 125
Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #7 -Voting ThreadArashi 11-02-2008

So this is my opinion of all the entrances:

#1: The first entry did not really woke any emotions in me. It´s not really good made, neither painted (none or too few highlights) nor converted.

#2: Really great, both painting and modelled. But just as Servius said, it looks as the CD is repairing that machine. And it looks a little too much 40k for my taste.

#3: This one really had everything I would want for this competition. Painted well and have a funny tematic.

#4: Great painted, really liked the rat ogre. But don´t know... The blunderbusses doesn´t seem to care that a big monster is running toward them. Shouldn´t they kind of point their weapons against him to shoot him down? And the lava effect wasn´t really that good compared to many others on this site.

#5: I like the idea of this one, but the painting of the dwarf, as well as that he doesn´t take attention to the one that attacks him from behind. For some reason I see snow more to be related to normal dwarfs, as "dawi zharr"(sp?) means fire dwarfs.

#6: This one is really cool! Would like to see more pics of it, as I think that you really can´t see all the details from those pics.

So I voted for entry #3. It was the one I thought had the most things (just love that gnoblar with the hat, as well as the beard that attacks the dwarf) and that told a story of two combatants that fought. entry #6 was also close, but it needed to show more pics from different angles so you get what really happens in that fight.

My rarely updated blog.
11-02-2008 02:53 PM
Ishkur Cinderhat
The Arch Immortal

Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 86
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2007 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: Golden Hat #7 -Voting ThreadIshkur Cinderhat 11-02-2008

I'll have to take some more time to decide for whom I will vote. I have a few particular favourites, but the pictures are not the best. There seem to be some lovely details that have not been covered with the pictures, so it's my hope that those who entered the competition will show larger photos / more of them once a winner has been declared. In any way, very nice stuff again, I also really like the humour in some of them! Takes Hat off

11-02-2008 03:02 PM
Swissdictator
Hashut's Code Monkey

Group: Hashut's Admin
Slaves: 1348
Best General - 2008 Best General - 2009 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best General - 2010                               
RE: Golden Hat #7 -Voting ThreadSwissdictator 11-02-2008

There were a few I really liked.

#3 made me smile, at first I thought the Hobgoblin stole the hat! I noticed the Chaos Dwarf holding his bear back (now snakes)... and I thought that was really well thought out. The fallen banner is kinda cool too. I like it a lot.

#4 was pretty cool, it's almost as if the Blunderbuss are thinking "So, you're a Rat Ogre. You jump to attack, we fire, you fall in lava, and we laugh." Basically it kinda goes to how those blunderbuss are probably grizzled veterans that are thinking "Yeah, you're a Rat Ogre. We fought Maneaters a week ago. Bring it."

#6 was pretty cool too, looks like the CD is trying to hold the lava back... or ready to Tsunami it into the enemy.  Very nicely painted.

I voted for three in the end. Still, good work folks!

FORGET AoS. Whoever designed it isn't fit to pour [water] out of a boot with instructions written under the heel.
11-02-2008 03:04 PM
Vasquez
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Slaves: 1

RE: Golden Hat #7 -Voting ThreadVasquez 11-02-2008

I love the idea of the third entry! It's both hillarious and well sculpted Happy All of the entries generally have some interesting ideas Happy

Heretics crave the cleansing fire of absolution. They need not fear, for we shall deliver!
11-02-2008 03:41 PM
Gar Shadowfame
Banned

Group: Excommunicated
Market Rep:
Slaves: 22

RE: Golden Hat #7 -Voting ThreadGar Shadowfame 11-02-2008

I voted for 6, i think it presents the spirit of the theme in best way.

11-02-2008 03:52 PM
clam
Slave to Darkness

Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 1251
Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat #7 -Voting Threadclam 11-02-2008

Pretty easy for an classic-nerd like me Happy - so putting a Marauder Mage in it - and it'll get my vote Wink - that model is just the best Citadel (Marauder) miniature ever - and by giving him the lore of ice it came down pretty unique too Takes Hat off

But - all in all - great work to all. Very, very nice entries - but some of the entries could really do with some close up's - so you could acutally see the idea behind the diorama. Maybe it's time for a 101 about taking pictures Wink

Clam's Coloured Classic Collection

Follow Clamshells on Facebook
11-02-2008 04:29 PM
Pyro Stick
Wizard of the Glen

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 930
Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #7 -Voting ThreadPyro Stick 11-02-2008

Arashi Wrote:
For some reason I see snow more to be related to normal dwarfs, as "dawi zharr"(sp?) means fire dwarfs.

Thats not necessarily true:

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...p?tid=1897

My Chaos Dwarf Collection: GHXXVI

11-02-2008 04:40 PM
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 1361
Best Overall Member - 2009 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Gold Best Overall Member - 2010 Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #7 -Voting ThreadGrimstonefire 11-02-2008

Well done to all those who entered.  Creating a duel with a story behind it is not easy.  

Just to point out that the 'duel' didn't have to involve fighting (as shown in several entries), so it would be wrong to dislike those based on that.

I loved the blend of colours and conversion work on number 6.

Ever the best of friends Mum. 1953-2011   Sad

This post was last modified: 11-02-2008 05:49 PM by Grimstonefire.

11-02-2008 05:44 PM
Viskar Zhragoth
Chaos Dwarf Hero

RE: Golden Hat #7 -Voting ThreadViskar Zhragoth 11-02-2008

Oh, gosh. Great job guys, just hate that everything in life meant I had to miss this one! All of them show some great concepts! Would like to repeat that more/better/closer photos of all of the entries after the poll would be a great thing, so please post them after the competition. I'll have to figure this one out, I think I have it narrowed down to 6!

"You have been chosen to be embraced by Hashut."

2009 Resolution - Paint 1000 models this year!
Painted so far : 28    01/07/2009

This post was last modified: 11-02-2008 08:15 PM by Viskar Zhragoth.

11-02-2008 08:15 PM
Sojourn
Bull Centaur Lord

Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: Golden Hat #7 -Voting ThreadSojourn 11-03-2008

I liked the terrain of 6, and the wall of flame. plus, the colours work well together, eventhough there are a lot of colours, none of them are overdone. Happy

Now, this is not to say that the other ones aren't good. infact, they're ALL great... I sat here looking at each and every picture for minutes before choosing.... excellent entries everyone!

self-assigned gold stars:

WarplockMonkey Wrote:
On special orders by Sojourn, Crayola created a Sojourn-coloured crayon. No matter what you draw with it, the result will always be a picture of Sojourn in her CDO t-shirt, looking smug.

11-03-2008 01:22 AM
so.sad
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

RE: Golden Hat #7 -Voting Threadso.sad 11-03-2008

I had to decide between #3 und #6. Both are nicely done and match the idea of a duel. While #6 has some superb modelling and painting #3 is more humorous - and thats whats made my decision.

So its #3 for me

11-03-2008 04:42 AM
Arashi
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Slaves: 125
Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #7 -Voting ThreadArashi 11-03-2008

Pyro Stick Wrote:

Arashi Wrote:
For some reason I see snow more to be related to normal dwarfs, as "dawi zharr"(sp?) means fire dwarfs.

Thats not necessarily true:

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...p?tid=1897

That someone put some snow on their bases does not contradict what I said. This sorcer uses snow/ice spells, which is the contrary of the fire spells that chaos dwarfs normally use. And what I wrote was not wrong: http://chaos-dwarfs.com/wiki/index.php?title=Dawi_Zharr (well, almost not, as it was "Dwarfs of the Place of Fire")

My rarely updated blog.
11-03-2008 05:37 AM
Canix
Spirit of Hashut

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 10

RE: Golden Hat #7 -Voting ThreadCanix 11-03-2008

After much deliberation no3 got my vote the humour and nostalgic reference to Snakebeard the warmachine maker won it for me. no5 and no6 where close but just pipped at the post ,overall  excellent entries with some great ideasRespect to the Hat!

Realists are hampered by there inability to comprehend the true nature of reality
The Pledge 2010:
Bought:11 Painted:12
11-03-2008 07:13 AM
Obsidian
Voice of Hashut

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 226
Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Golden Hat - Silver x2                               
RE: Golden Hat #7 -Voting ThreadObsidian 11-03-2008

Hmm, 3 and 6 are my faves. I like the 'living' beard which I think is very original but don't like it that it's a Gnoblar being the opponent...

In the end 6 wins out as I think the Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer rocks! I must say I'm not too fond of the fire caster and I feel the pics are letting piece down a lot...

The Obsidian Forge

This post was last modified: 11-03-2008 09:04 AM by Obsidian.

11-03-2008 09:04 AM
Loki
Wearer of the Big Hat

Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 269
Best Attitude - 2009 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #7 -Voting ThreadLoki 11-03-2008

6 for me as well , very dramatic makes you feel as if you are there, the colours really work , more pics please[/i]

Fequiil Said
------------------------------------------------
yeah, everybody can just say that, but when loki speaks...
everything is different.Wink

11-03-2008 05:35 PM
Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Golden Hat XXVIII - Voting! Admiral 16 385 11-16-2017 12:31 PM
Last Post: Admiral
  Golden Hat XXVII - Voting! Admiral 24 2,307 07-08-2017 11:56 PM
Last Post: Abecedar
  Golden Hat XXVI - Voting! Admiral 34 4,683 12-28-2016 06:55 PM