Post Reply  Post Thread 
Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »
What do you think about converting ironbreakers to CD Immortals?
Author MessageWhat do you think about converting ironbreakers to CD Immortals?
Borador Away
Collector of Renegades

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 5
Slaves: 0

What do you think about converting ironbreakers to CD Immortals?Borador 12-15-2008

My idea was to buy 20 ironbreakers (including command), and then use my Dremel ( I love that tool ^^) to grind down all the dwarfish runes and their normal beards.
Then I would make those high CD hats and put those on instead of their normal helmets, replace the chest plate armour with scale, do the beards, and change their shields for chaos marauder shields.

please say so if you got any tips for a better design, because I'm not quite happy with it yet. Tongue

This post was last modified: 12-20-2008 02:46 PM by Borador.

12-15-2008 12:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Godbob and his jolly rogers
Great Taurus

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 2

RE: What do you think about converting ironbreakers to CD warriors?Godbob and his jolly rogers 12-15-2008

Well it sounds good but hows about you make them immortals 'cos thats a hell of alot of ironbreakers you'll have to buy

Filipicusius Wrote:
The reason khorne is so mad is because of cryonicleech, no one knows why. At the present, Khorne, Hashut and Filipicusius is plotting to överthrow him, throw him in a pit and watch him fight the furious puppy that is goodbob!

"Never kick a man when he's down,but never help him up"
"It's not cheating it's enhancing my ability to win"

12-15-2008 04:04 PM
cornixt
Brewer of Daemonic Beer

Group: Hashut's Admin
Slaves: 1312
Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Attitude - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: What do you think about converting ironbreakers to CD warriors?cornixt 12-15-2008

I've done a couple myself. beware that some runes are very awkward to reach, so you'll have to greenstuff over the runes or adjust them.

There's a lot more in the wiki than you think, check out the wiki contents

Like a Great Taurus in a Cathay shop.

"No Mr Bond, I expect you to k'daii."
12-15-2008 05:33 PM
Kera foehunter
Zharr Nauggund Alpha Female

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 153
Best Attitude - 2007 Best Attitude - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Best Attitude - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: What do you think about converting ironbreakers to CD warriors?Kera foehunter 12-15-2008

i would use diffrent shield than the iron breakers shields!!!!
round chaos marauders would be perfect for the iron breaker shields
they even have chaos symbol on them too
i use chaos warrior axes head to get ride of the hammers
i also change only the round helmet guys the other would pass as cd tall hats

The last of female chaos dwarf
12-15-2008 06:06 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
snowblizz
Chaos Dwarf Comedian

Slaves: 738

RE: What do you think about converting ironbreakers to CD warriors?snowblizz 12-16-2008

I'm sort of doing that at the moment (among thousands of other things).
I'm leaving the beard and armour alone though, I ain't that good with greenstuff and don't have the tools to do major cutting work.

Chaos axes is the thing to take I'd say.

At beta: WarFoundry armylist application (cross-platform, multi-system and open source)
WarFoundry datafile group (Big Hattiest datafile group in the world)
12-16-2008 08:50 AM
Merchant
Bull Centaur Hero

Slaves: 5

RE: What do you think about converting ironbreakers to CD warriors?Merchant 12-16-2008

Well first of all, I think the idea is good - I was about to do it myself. But I let the idea die, because of too much "cut-down-work" to do on such little figure. But friend, if you can make it happen - Then do it, and do it now Happy

Cheers Merchant Cheers!

Blasting Zombies since 1987!
When the traitor's hand strikes, it strikes with the strength of a legion.
12-16-2008 09:07 AM
Borador Away
Collector of Renegades

RE: What do you think about converting ironbreakers to CD warriors?Borador 12-16-2008

thanks for your idea's ^^ I also thought about changing the round helms in high CD hats, and replacing the hammers, but I didn't know with what Tongue
I also got a question, though it sounds stupid: How do you mean immortals Godbob?

12-16-2008 11:16 AM
Borador Away
Collector of Renegades

RE: What do you think about converting ironbreakers to CD warriors?Borador 12-16-2008

cornixt Wrote:
I've done a couple myself. beware that some runes are very awkward to reach, so you'll have to greenstuff over the runes or adjust them.

Ty for the tip ^^

12-16-2008 11:18 AM
Borador Away
Collector of Renegades

here's my hand drawn sketch Tongue it at least looks better then the thing i made the other day

12-16-2008 11:19 AM
snowblizz
Chaos Dwarf Comedian

RE: What do you think about converting ironbreakers to CD warriors?snowblizz 12-16-2008

Borador Wrote:
I also got a question, though it sounds stupid: How do you mean immortals Godbob?

I would hazard the guess that he means use them for elites, the in fluff mentioned Immortals that have neither rules or miniatures, and not for *all* Chaos Dwarfs in the army as that would be fairly expensive and time consuming. What with all the metal.

At beta: WarFoundry armylist application (cross-platform, multi-system and open source)
12-16-2008 12:23 PM
Borador Away
Collector of Renegades

I just like metal miniatures Tongue
But, snowblizz, waht you are saying is that Immortals still need rules? Or they just don't have them?
I also wasnt planning on using only metal models for warriors in my entire army, just 1 group

12-16-2008 12:45 PM
snowblizz
Chaos Dwarf Comedian

Borador Wrote:
I just like metal miniatures Tongue
But, snowblizz, waht you are saying is that Immortals still need rules? Or they just don't have them?
I also wasnt planning on using only metal models for warriors in my entire army, just 1 group

The CD armylist has no Immortals. At least not yet, it is just a unit that was mentioned in a Dwarf novel where they fought a bit against Chaos Dwarfs. Everyone just expects that if there ever is a re-write they'd include some Immortals as elite infantry for the CDs.

12-16-2008 01:45 PM
two_heads_talking
Lammasu

Market Rep: 2

RE: What do you think about converting ironbreakers to CD warriors?two_heads_talking 12-16-2008

Borador, why not buy one, or trade for one, or whatever, give it a once over with the dremel, and do some conversion work, and then, take a picture and post it up? It sounds like a great idea, but this way, if it doesn't look right, you didn't waste money on a crapload of miniatures..

12-16-2008 02:58 PM
Borador Away
Collector of Renegades

RE: What do you think about converting ironbreakers to CD warriors?Borador 12-17-2008

two_heads_talking Wrote:
Borador, why not buy one, or trade for one, or whatever, give it a once over with the dremel, and do some conversion work, and then, take a picture and post it up? It sounds like a great idea, but this way, if it doesn't look right, you didn't waste money on a crapload of miniatures..

ye that's true, only problem is I don't have the time for it at the moment and I'm already working on other convertions for my Dwarf army. But I'll try if I have some time left.

snowblizz Wrote:
The CD armylist has no Immortals. At least not yet, it is just a unit that was mentioned in a Dwarf novel where they fought a bit against Chaos Dwarfs. Everyone just expects that if there ever is a re-write they'd include some Immortals as elite infantry for the CDs.

Ok, thanks, BTW mabye using the Hammerers or Ironbreaker rules and rewrite those would make some good elites?

This post was last modified: 12-17-2008 03:56 PM by Hashut's Blessing.

12-17-2008 01:01 PM
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 518
Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best Contributor - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: What do you think about converting ironbreakers to CD warriors?Thommy H 12-17-2008

They look pretty good even without any converting:

Serial Writist - lots and lots of short fiction, written by me, regularly updated.

My models:
The Legion of Astragoth | The Dark Crusade of Mousillon | The Destroyer Cult | Les Défenseurs du Béniterre | Storm Over Béniterre | Force Belial

My rules:
Chaos Dwarfs Warscroll Compendium

12-17-2008 01:08 PM
Borador Away
Collector of Renegades

RE: What do you think about converting ironbreakers to CD warriors?Borador 12-17-2008

Thommy H Wrote:
They look pretty good even without any converting:

some nice CD's you got there

12-17-2008 01:28 PM
Godbob and his jolly rogers
Great Taurus

Slaves: 2

RE: What do you think about converting ironbreakers to CD warriors?Godbob and his jolly rogers 12-17-2008

Borador Wrote:

Yes I ment an elite unit as IB are more heavly armoured and look more inportant

As for rules I thought they had rules or am I thinking of another unit?

Filipicusius Wrote:
The reason khorne is so mad is because of cryonicleech, no one knows why. At the present, Khorne, Hashut and Filipicusius is plotting to överthrow him, throw him in a pit and watch him fight the furious puppy that is goodbob!

"Never kick a man when he's down,but never help him up"
"It's not cheating it's enhancing my ability to win"

12-17-2008 01:37 PM
Borador Away
Collector of Renegades

Godbob and his jolly rogers Wrote:
Yes I ment an elite unit as IB are more heavly armoured and look more inportant

As for rules I thought they had rules or am I thinking of another unit?

Well snoblizz said:

[qoute=snowblizz]
[/quote]

So I don't think they do

12-17-2008 01:40 PM
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 518
Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best Contributor - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: What do you think about converting ironbreakers to CD warriors?Thommy H 12-17-2008

No, there are no rules for Immortals. Not officially anyway - there's some fan-made rules you can find on this very forum (including some I wrote for the models you see above) and I have a sneaking suspicion that a future issue of Word of Hashut may feature an appearance from this elite formation of Chaos Dwarfs...

Serial Writist - lots and lots of short fiction, written by me, regularly updated.

My models:
The Legion of Astragoth | The Dark Crusade of Mousillon | The Destroyer Cult | Les Défenseurs du Béniterre | Storm Over Béniterre | Force Belial

My rules:
Chaos Dwarfs Warscroll Compendium

12-17-2008 01:43 PM
Borador Away
Collector of Renegades

Thommy H Wrote:
No, there are no rules for Immortals. Not officially anyway - there's some fan-made rules you can find on this very forum (including some I wrote for the models you see above) and I have a sneaking suspicion that a future issue of Word of Hashut may feature an appearance from this elite formation of Chaos Dwarfs...

Can you link the rules? Because I havn't found them Sad

12-17-2008 02:48 PM
Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites