Pages (46): « First < Previous 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 Next > Last »
2 Votes - 4 Average   The Lizard King - CD dice box
Author MessageThe Lizard King - CD dice box
DAGabriel
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 515
Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Golden Hat - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: The Lizard King - GH XX entryDAGabriel 12-09-2013

Wasn`t too hard to say that that one was yours. Great addition to your forces!
Even if the words concerning the browns are right (in my opinion) it is consistant with your other thingies.

2015        Bought/Traded: 104        Painted: 107

My army blog: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...589&page=1
12-09-2013 03:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 10
Slaves: 588
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: The Lizard King - GH XX entryAdmiral 12-12-2013

Your diorama had such good choice of miniatures, arrangement and conversions that I gave it one of my three votes. That says a lot, given the hard competition! Nice paintjob, too.

Join us on the new forum. Come help us test it out! https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com

Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.

This post was last modified: 12-12-2013 06:43 AM by Admiral.

12-12-2013 06:41 AM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 1391
Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze                               
RE: The Lizard King - GH XX entryZanko 12-12-2013

@ Admiral: Thanx a lot for your vote! I'm glad that I could get at least one! Cheers!

@ Bloodbeard: I used a medium brown and than made a wash with agrax earthshade so the camera blitz was the reason for the light colours! Sad

@ DAGabriel: I know that most of you would guess which one is my entry! I'm so predictable! Happy

All in all I enjoyed painting and building this GH entry, hopefully the next contest will also have such a cool theme! Wink

Hashut!

"Frurndar are still existing!"
               The Lizard King 

This post was last modified: 08-20-2017 04:59 AM by Zanko.

12-12-2013 03:11 PM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze                               
The Lizard King - Chaos Dwarf Airship - next GenerationZanko 01-04-2014

Cause I'm not really satisfied with my 1st Airship I decided to build a new one!

The problem with the prototype was that it looks much too elfish and it was quite instable - no chance to bring it to another location. Another reason was that I don't longer liked my choice of the colours.

So here are the 1st WIPs of the new one. The look is inspired from Steam Punk and 40K but since now I like it!

Momentarily I have no idea how to make the gastanks more chaotic / sinister / used looking. If anyone has an appropriate idea of converting the tanks - just tell / write me!

Hashut!

The Lizard King 

This post was last modified: 08-20-2017 05:01 AM by Zanko.

01-04-2014 06:02 AM
Glimpse the Void
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 2

RE: The Lizard King - Chaos Dwarf Airship - next GenerationGlimpse the Void 01-04-2014

That looks really cool.  Maybe play with the finds or add a spike to the front of the tanks to for a more sinister look?

01-04-2014 10:28 AM
Yodrin
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 296
Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Attitude - 2013 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS                               
RE: The Lizard King - Chaos Dwarf Airship - next GenerationYodrin 01-04-2014

Looks really cool, great work!!

YODRIN'S P.BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=13137

Thommy H Wrote:
This thread is two years old. The kid in question is probably in prison by now.

01-04-2014 11:23 PM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

RE: The Lizard King - Chaos Dwarf Airship - next GenerationZanko 02-22-2014

Today I finished my Chaos Dwarf Airship (which my wife doesn't like Unsure) together with the Crewmen and the War Golem which I bought from Blue in VT!

Hopefully I will find tomorrow the time to make some pics! Wink

Hashut!

The Lizard King 

This post was last modified: 08-20-2017 05:04 AM by Zanko.

02-22-2014 12:22 PM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Slaves: 1715
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Golden Hat - Gold Best Overall Member - 2017 Best General - 2018 Artisan's Contest Bronze x4                               
RE: The Lizard King - Chaos Dwarf Airship - next GenerationAbecedar 02-22-2014

Like it, but the gondala's just wee bit to 40K for me.
for the airbags, maybe a series of toothed ridges around the nose cone areas?

Last Time(s) I Bled for my Hobby  =  Fri 13th March 2020
27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time(s) I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
02-22-2014 11:38 PM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

RE: The Lizard King - Chaos Dwarf Airship - next GenerationZanko 02-23-2014

I searched for stuff to make the airbags more chaotic but I didn't find appropriated bitz and also a request in the "Ideas and Advice" thread gave me no suggestions ...

I know that the gondola is a "bit" too much 40K but I wanted to make an attempt with this stuff!

The Airship and also the new War Golem should fit to my Immortals and their equipment, concerning my CDs I wanted to "break new ground"!

In the moment it's much too dark but during the morning I will make and post some pics!

Hashut!

The Lizard King 

This post was last modified: 08-20-2017 05:04 AM by Zanko.

02-23-2014 02:24 AM
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1559
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Golden Hat - Silver Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2018                               
RE: The Lizard King - Chaos Dwarf Airship - next Generationtjub 02-23-2014

Both of them looks good, don't know which I prefer actually.... Happy

Intro to 15mm Kings of War
My CDO blog containing all things Chaos Dwarf.
My various other hobby projects on Instagram.
Follow Admiralty Miniatures on Facebook!

02-23-2014 04:18 AM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

The Lizard King - Chaos Dwarf AirshipZanko 02-23-2014

Here it is:

- The Chaos Dwarf Airship -

I'm quite satisfied with the finished model. I know it looks very SciFi but I wanted to create a contrast to my other troopers and warmachines!
The Immortals have a complete different style than the other CDs of my army.

Hashut!

The Lizard King 

This post was last modified: 08-20-2017 05:07 AM by Zanko.

02-23-2014 10:38 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: The Lizard King - Chaos Dwarf Airship -Admiral 02-23-2014

Yeah, it's a tad sci-fi, but looks good nevertheless. Great build! It's also nice to see Titan Wargames models used for such large conversions.

Join us on the new forum. Come help us test it out! https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com

Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.

This post was last modified: 02-23-2014 11:00 AM by Admiral.

02-23-2014 11:00 AM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Slaves: 1715
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Golden Hat - Gold Best Overall Member - 2017 Best General - 2018 Artisan's Contest Bronze x4                               
RE: The Lizard King - Chaos Dwarf Airship -Abecedar 02-24-2014

I know I said "toothed ridges" and now Cptn Nemo's Nautilus keeps popping into my head.
maybe a profile pic of a CD face (board or plastic) cut into panels to look metallish and stuck onto the dirigibles and a pattern work of "armour plates" over the rest. hexagonal tiles has popped into mind for that. I know armour might be too heavy in theory but lets say its toughened leather or something if need be.

Last Time(s) I Bled for my Hobby  =  Fri 13th March 2020
27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time(s) I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
02-24-2014 01:15 AM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

The Lizard King - War GolemZanko 03-23-2014

Here is the finished War Golem which should support the Immortals!

I bought the model from Blue in VT and really like it. I know it doesn't really fit to the CDs but I think in my scratched throng it's quite o.k.!

I'm not a purist at all! Wink

Hashut!

The Lizard King 

This post was last modified: 08-20-2017 05:10 AM by Zanko.

03-23-2014 04:23 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

RE: The Lizard King - War GolemAdmiral 03-23-2014

You're right. It's too 40k for most armies, but with that driver on top it fits into your particular army's theme and look.

Will you put it on a base? I'm annoying that way. I want everything on bases, even 40k tanks, so I'm bound to ask others about it. Tongue

Etsy shop

03-23-2014 06:53 AM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

RE: The Lizard King - War GolemZanko 03-23-2014

Admiral Wrote:
Will you put it on a base? I'm annoying that way. I want everything on bases, even 40k tanks, so I'm bound to ask others about it. Tongue

I'm not sure, maybe I will integrate the model in a diorama and then it won't need its own base. Unsure

Hashut!

The Lizard King 

03-23-2014 07:18 AM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

The Lizard King - Sign of lifeZanko 05-18-2014

So after a quite long hiatus I managed to rebase the last Bull Centaurs on the proper 75 x 50 mm bases. Only some minor improvements and then I can make some photos. Cheers!

Furthermore I'm no longer satisfied with my Airship, I'm thinking about building one or maybe two new ones with the Dark Eldar Raider (I think this is the proper name in english) as a basis.

Besides this I think it's time to paint clam's great Ewal Dvergar Miniatures ... hopefully I will get some spare time in the next weeks! Unsure

Hashut!

The Lizard King 

05-18-2014 01:16 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

RE: The Lizard King - Sign of lifeAdmiral 05-20-2014

I think you're in a vicious trial and error loop with your airship, but I'm sure it'll come out better and better with each remake. Wink

Etsy shop

05-20-2014 03:47 AM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

The Lizard King - Sign of lifeZanko 07-25-2014

Thank you dude! Takes Hat off

Cool that you like my stuff! Cheers!

I think I have to make some new pictures, I reworked the bases and some of the models ... Wink

Hashut!

The Lizard King 

This post was last modified: 08-20-2017 05:12 AM by Zanko.

07-25-2014 01:19 PM
Wolf
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 21

RE: The Lizard King - Sign of lifeWolf 07-26-2014

Hey Zanko,

You're army is simply fantastic really love looking at the models, but for some reason it reminds of Labyrinth the movie.  

I think this is because of the dwarfs helmets.

Keep up the great work.

"Today we play the game of pain"

Quote from the malevolent Sorcerer-Prophet Zhudhak Ironbull, who is famed for riding into battle on Dawi Zharr's most fierce Bale Taurus - Cacus the fire breathing giant.

http://www.tgaperth.com  / Outpost6030 I challenge you!!
07-26-2014 09:57 AM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites