Pages (13): « First [1] 2 3 4 5 Next > Last »
Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition
Author MessageGolden Hat #8 - Painting Competition
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 1361
Best Overall Member - 2009 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Gold Best Overall Member - 2010 Hellsmith - Bronze                               
Golden Hat #8 - Painting CompetitionGrimstonefire 01-09-2009

Welcome to the 8th Golden Hat competition of Chaos Dwarfs Online!

By popular demand the Staff are pleased to announce the following competition for the 8th Golden Hat miniature contest:
Create a warmachine!

Subject Matter
Create a Warmachine

So what do we mean by this?

Create a Chaos Dwarf themed warmachine that has at least two crew members.  To make this clear, it can be any of the known warmachines; Death Rocket, Earthshaker, Bolt Thrower or Hellcannon.  OR you can create a completely new warmachine!

If you create a new warmachine it doesn't have to represent any of game legal machines so you can make up some house rules for it if you want (don't include these with your entry though, you won't be judged on this).

You must include at least two crew members.  The machine should be themed towards Chaos Dwarfs, but you can have a hobgoblin or slave crew if you want, perhaps even a bull centaur and something else.

Some examples of the more unusual things people could make are flying warmachines (with at least 2 crew), or even an iron golem style creature with 2 crew herders.  Creating something new can be refreshing from time to time.

Crew members can be mounted on it, on a scenic base, or on seperate bases.  

There are no size or basing limitations, only your imagination is the limit!

Particulars
Due Date: 11:59 PM 28th February 2009 EST (Eastern Standard Timezone)
Subject Matter:  Create a warmachine

What is the deadline?
Once again same basic premise as previous Golden Hats; send all entries to the Golden Hat account no later 11:59 PM 28th February 2009 (Eastern Standard Timezone). Entries will not be accepted after that date and time regardless of how cool your submission is. (Around 7 weeks to complete your entry).

If for some reason you are having trouble with your submission, contact one of the Staff. in order to avoid problems. I "highly advise" that entrants do not wait until the very last minute to submit their entries...

How to Enter
Upload up to 4 photos of your entries to the internet.  Next, send a PM to Golden Hat (a special user that all Staff have access to) containing the links where the pictures can be found. (Note: This is the same as previous Golden Hats).

If you win:
- Rightly take your place in the Golden Hat Hall of Fame, where your glory will be remembered for years to come.
- Receive the Golden Hat medal for your online persona *
- Everyone who enters gets a number of slaves equal to the number of entries. If 50 people enter we award 50 slaves to each person who entered.

*= As with GHV, VI and VII: If there are more then 10 entrants the silver and bronze Golden Hat Medals will be awarded as well.

As usual once all entries are received a thread will be created for voting. And as always if there are any questions please PM me, another Staff member or post them here.

Ever the best of friends Mum. 1953-2011   Sad

This post was last modified: 01-11-2009 07:02 AM by Grimstonefire.

01-09-2009 01:08 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Willmark
Dark Shogun of Hashut

Group: Hashut's Admin
Slaves: 1178
Artisan's Contest - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Overall Member - 2007 Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS                               
RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting CompetitionWillmark 01-11-2009

Hopefully this as worth the wait everyone.

My Want List / My Trade List
01-11-2009 08:48 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
furrie
hat lover

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 243

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competitionfurrie 01-11-2009

I already have an Idea, so I will get started Tongue

My blog with big hatters

Hashut's Blessing Wrote:
I like big hats and I cannot lie, you other brothers can't deny, when a dwarf walks in with an iddy biddy thing and wears it on his head, you get sprung...

Kera foehunter Wrote:
But there is only one choice
Big hats anything else is just a emo Dwarf

01-11-2009 11:25 AM
Ishkur Cinderhat
The Arch Immortal

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 86
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2007 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting CompetitionIshkur Cinderhat 01-11-2009

Hm! A warmachine - me likey! Happy

01-11-2009 11:57 AM
clam
Slave to Darkness

Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 1251
Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competitionclam 01-11-2009

How can this have been posted on 01-09-2009 at 7:08 pm?

You manipulative < biiiip >'s Big Grin

But oh yes - this has been worth waiting for - thank you! Can I do more than one entry? Tongue

War Machines here I come - count me in - I have the perfect classic entry for this Big Grin

Clam's Coloured Classic Collection

Follow Clamshells on Facebook

This post was last modified: 01-11-2009 01:10 PM by clam.

01-11-2009 01:06 PM
Swissdictator
Hashut's Code Monkey

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 1348
Best General - 2008 Best General - 2009 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best General - 2010                               
RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting CompetitionSwissdictator 01-11-2009

Sweet, I have a few ideas already! I'm getting in on the fun this time around.

FORGET AoS. Whoever designed it isn't fit to pour [water] out of a boot with instructions written under the heel.
01-11-2009 01:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Willmark
Dark Shogun of Hashut

Artisan's Contest - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Overall Member - 2007 Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS                               

Clam- Let us get back to you on that question.

01-11-2009 01:35 PM
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 423
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting CompetitionXander 01-11-2009

Willmark Wrote:
Clam- Let us get back to you on that question.

Magic.  Just say Magic. Takes Hat off

Maybe I should assemble my Hellcannon for this... hrm...

Follow CDO on Twitter: Twitter
01-11-2009 01:45 PM
Kera foehunter
Zharr Nauggund Alpha Female

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 153
Best Attitude - 2007 Best Attitude - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Best Attitude - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting CompetitionKera foehunter 01-11-2009

War machine  that different well i give it a try since i have no war machine done !!

The last of female chaos dwarf
01-11-2009 02:36 PM
Obsidian
Voice of Hashut

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 226
Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Golden Hat - Silver x2                               
RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting CompetitionObsidian 01-11-2009

Hmm, not what I hoped for but I think I'll give it a try. Nice to see we can invent stuff! Cheers!:

Only six weeks, hmmm...

The Obsidian Forge
01-11-2009 02:45 PM
al-hashut
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 8
Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competitional-hashut 01-11-2009

It'll be tricky but i'll see what i can get done

01-11-2009 04:22 PM
Loki
Wearer of the Big Hat

Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 269
Best Attitude - 2009 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting CompetitionLoki 01-11-2009

Looking forawrd to taking part in my first golden hat , good job i ordered that hell cannon last week, good idea guys Cheers!

Fequiil Said
------------------------------------------------
yeah, everybody can just say that, but when loki speaks...
everything is different.Wink

01-11-2009 04:50 PM
AGPO
BOAR CENTAUR!

Group: Mods of Hashut
Slaves: 1271

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting CompetitionAGPO 01-11-2009

Shock But... but... this rules out whirlwinds and tenderisers!!!!!!

Check out my blogs!:
Chaos Dwarfs (6/6/09)Other shiny things (13/11/11)

I follow the Grumpy But Responsible Gamers' Charter. Join us!

Sojourn Wrote:
FYI Wilmark, the only alcohol I'm drinking is from that bucket

01-11-2009 05:12 PM
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

Group: Retired Staff
Slaves: 1361
Best Overall Member - 2009 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Gold Best Overall Member - 2010 Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting CompetitionGrimstonefire 01-11-2009

Yeah, I started the thread on the 1st, then left it open for staff to make changes.  When you move it the date stays the same.

@AGPO

No it doesn't!  I said two crew minimum.  So you have the boar/ bull centaur 'driver' and another crew member (CD/ hobbo/ slave) just sitting on a 20mm base nearby!  Simple.  Or you mount a snotling 'crew' onboard, or drag a slave 'crew' along behind etc.

I was very careful when I wrote the rules to make sure people could still do things like this.  It's why you can mount the crew on the machine, on a scenic base, or on seperate bases.

Just because it may not look like a traditional tenderiser (with the additional 'crew'), if you keep it on a seperate base there's no problems if you plan to use it afterwards (not that it has 'official' rules anyway).

I should really finish my hellcannon, but I am tempted to do an earthshaker.

Ever the best of friends Mum. 1953-2011   Sad

This post was last modified: 01-11-2009 06:28 PM by Grimstonefire.

01-11-2009 06:21 PM
furrie
hat lover

Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 243

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competitionfurrie 01-11-2009

i started creating an earthshaker for this comp, i just need to buy some stuff tomorrow, so i can finish the basic shape of the barrel :p

My blog with big hatters

Hashut's Blessing Wrote:
I like big hats and I cannot lie, you other brothers can't deny, when a dwarf walks in with an iddy biddy thing and wears it on his head, you get sprung...

Kera foehunter Wrote:
But there is only one choice
Big hats anything else is just a emo Dwarf

01-11-2009 06:43 PM
Willmark
Dark Shogun of Hashut

I have an idea, I bought parts and I am assembling them no that's all I'll say, mwwwwwaaaaahhhaaaaaa!

This post was last modified: 01-11-2009 10:05 PM by Willmark.

01-11-2009 08:39 PM
Hammerhand
Bull Centaur

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 14

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting CompetitionHammerhand 01-11-2009

I have a couple of ideas, now where is the bits resource thread......

I'm definitely in!Happy

It's been a long time baby, but I guess the mark of Hashut just burns too deep.......
01-11-2009 08:46 PM
Sojourn
Bull Centaur Lord

Slaves: 0
Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting CompetitionSojourn 01-12-2009

oh.... *puts aside carefully sculpted CDO members....* this is cool..........

man, I dunno if I'll get this together in time or not; or if I can even come up with an idea. Definitely not my forte =S

BUT, I can't wait to see what other people get done! Happy sounds like there's some positive feedback already based on who wants to participate! *excited!*

self-assigned gold stars:

WarplockMonkey Wrote:
On special orders by Sojourn, Crayola created a Sojourn-coloured crayon. No matter what you draw with it, the result will always be a picture of Sojourn in her CDO t-shirt, looking smug.

01-12-2009 01:54 AM
Revlid
Bull Centaur

Slaves: 190
Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Gold Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting CompetitionRevlid 01-12-2009

Since this is a painting competition, I assume it doesn't matter if we've already converted the thing before the competition began?
This is a perfect excuse to get started on my Doomblaster!

Also - I totally called it.
http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...4#pid66334

Madness? THIS IS... Well, maybe it isn't Sparta, but it's still pretty awesome.
Would you kindly comment on my Warhammer Armies: Chaos Dwarfs?

This post was last modified: 01-12-2009 04:52 AM by Revlid.

01-12-2009 04:44 AM
clam
Slave to Darkness

Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 1251
Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competitionclam 01-12-2009

AGPO Wrote:
Shock But... but... this rules out whirlwinds and tenderisers!!!!!!

Grimstonefire Wrote:
@AGPO
No it doesn't!  I said two crew minimum.  So you have the boar/ bull centaur 'driver' and another crew member (CD/ hobbo/ slave) just sitting on a 20mm base nearby!  Simple.  Or you mount a snotling 'crew' onboard, or drag a slave 'crew' along behind etc.

I was very careful when I wrote the rules to make sure people could still do things like this.  It's why you can mount the crew on the machine, on a scenic base, or on seperate bases.

Just because it may not look like a traditional tenderiser (with the additional 'crew'), if you keep it on a seperate base there's no problems if you plan to use it afterwards (not that it has 'official' rules anyway).

and

clam Wrote:
I have the perfect classic entry for this Big Grin

Ohh! wait - I then have - like 6 or 7 classic models that could be use then. Thank you for that, my Lord Big Grin

Clam's Coloured Classic Collection

Follow Clamshells on Facebook
01-12-2009 06:50 AM
Pages (13): « First [1] 2 3 4 5 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Golden Hat #7 - Painting Competition Willmark 116 48,093 11-03-2008 01:15 AM
Last Post: Sojourn
  Golden Hat #6 - Painting Competition Willmark 184 76,308 07-04-2008 09:09 PM
Last Post: Hashut's Blessing
  Golden Hat #5 - Painting Competition! Grimstonefire 164 76,962 04-02-2008 12:30 PM
Last Post: Grimstonefire
Exclamation Golden Hat #3 - Painting Competition! The Flying Beaver 86 33,997 10-01-2007 09:54 AM
Last Post: Canix
  One Week Left for the Painting Competition! Xander 15 6,959 09-27-2007 07:32 AM
Last Post: Xander

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites