The real you Thread
Author MessageThe real you Thread
Joshmohr
Bull Centaur

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 65

Question  The real you ThreadJoshmohr 03-19-2009

Hey, CD's! I made this thread for everyone to put a picture of themselves, and maybe add a little information about yourselves(Where you live, other hobby's, job(s), pictures) (Since, we all know your great modelers, but how are you in real life? I know another member made a Photo thread, but i figured this would be a bit more informative.)

For one, I'm a guy. I'm 15, in high school, at A-West, in Colorado. I love Warhammer, and have been thinking of a career with the government (Since every dumb politic in America gets payed for wining...)  But if our economy gets any worse, ill probable go for a career as a Vocal Musician. (I love my music!)      Ill post a picture of my self once i figure out how to load it from my I-Phone.

What signature?
03-19-2009 11:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
slev
Bull Centaur Lord

Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 30

RE: The real you Threadslev 03-20-2009

I thought we already had such a thread?

--
Slev
;-}

My Projects:
Warhammer Armies: Chaos Dwarfs
HeroQuest: Revised Edition
03-20-2009 05:49 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
so.sad
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 0

RE: The real you Threadso.sad 03-20-2009

Joshmohr Wrote:
(Since every dumb politic in America gets payed for wining...)

do you mean winning or whining? Since from what I recognize here in germany our politicians only get paid for whining instead of actually doing sth. necessary...

I think there is an "new member" thread already and somewhere I also found a "post your picture" topic. I can't recall where it is or what it is called though.

I posted information about who I am at the beginning of my army blog - see sig.

my Chaos Dwarf blog - now sculpting bluderbussiers
03-20-2009 08:16 AM
Captain Crayon
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 6
Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: The real you ThreadCaptain Crayon 03-20-2009

slev Wrote:
I thought we already had such a thread?

maybe we do. but im bored so im replying Tongue and i think its a nice idea Happy

Well I'm Captain Crayon and this is me...

I'm 26 and from Australia and a Safety Advisor in a company that designs, builds and sometimes operates coal washplants and handling facilities.

Fortunatly for me this sometimes involves driving ridiculously large earthmoving equipment. and what boy doesnt like bulldozers?

As for hobbies other than warhammer I'm big into old cars Happy

Like this...

Which is 'Francene' my 1939 Chevrolet Sedan. Running a Holden 355 Stroker (6Ltr v8 for the metrics out there) and a 3 speed auto.

And also there is 'Dolorous'...

Who is a 1960 AP3 Chrysler Royal (An Australian Unique car designed off the same chassis as the American 54 Plymouth) and it's one of 440 v8s made Happy

I used to have a Jezebel and a Buttercup too, but I gave Jezebel (a ratty old falcon with a ridiculous bullbar) to a mate of mine and gave Buttercup (a 1976 XC Falcon GS Ute - the Mad Max car but a ute rather than a coupe) to my little brother.

So yeah...Cars, Warhammer and bulldozers pretty much sums me up Tongue

03-20-2009 09:07 AM
Kera foehunter
Zharr Nauggund Alpha Female

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 153
Best Attitude - 2007 Best Attitude - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Best Attitude - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: The real you ThreadKera foehunter 03-20-2009

since you have a 350 bored out 30 over    do you have the standard quadojet carburetor ??  Header and flow max muffler too
isit the turo 350 tranney or a 400 and a 12 bolt possey too??
that was first mate brian asking!!

The last of female chaos dwarf
03-20-2009 07:06 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dedwrekka
Bull Centaur Hero

Slaves: 29

RE: The real you Threaddedwrekka 03-20-2009

Hello all, figure I'd be the second to post a picture of myself on the thread. I'm an airman and aircraft mechanic for the Air Force out of Texas. I do Warhammer, RPGs, Computer games, and hustle pool when I'm feeling ambitious (Stuck in tech school with nothing but a pool table and a tv for entertainment for several months).

Myself, pre-military, pre-haircut, pre-shave next to my brother.

Myself next to my brother, again. His hiar got longer as fast as mine got shorter. Man I miss having hair, and a beard (Made pondering things more fun when I could stroke my beard).

->Hashnahet's Immortals Army Blog
03-20-2009 07:39 PM
Captain Crayon
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 6
RE: The real you ThreadCaptain Crayon 03-22-2009

Kera foehunter Wrote:
since you have a 350 bored out 30 over    do you have the standard quadojet carburetor ??  Header and flow max muffler too

its not a chev 350 motor, its a holden 308 bored 20 over with a scat stroker kit and chev flat-tops bringing it to 355 cubic inches. Yella Terra street terra heads port matched to lukey extractors and a redline single plane manifold (all australian made gear)

It'sA completely different engine to the chev 350,  built by holden in the early 80s (holden are a division of general motors) the body was actually built by Holden body works under licence in Victoria before they were became a division of General motors

The transmission is a turbo 400 with a 2 grand stallie

diff is a 10 bolt holden 1 tonner diff. came out of the holden ute. 1 Tonner's had thicker axles then the sedans.

Carburettor was a Edelbrock 650 but thats being changed for a barry grant 700 because it runs out of fuel at around 2000rpm.

So its all like chevrolet gear, but different Tongue

Also Dedwrekka, your beard was awesome. I wish i could grow as impressive facial ornamentation.

03-22-2009 05:49 AM
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 519
Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best Contributor - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: The real you ThreadThommy H 03-22-2009

My name's Thommy H. I'm 23 (24 in less than a week now) and I work for the NHS in the UK as a general office monkey. Right now I'm the informal leader of a team of admins working on a measles immunisation project for one of the biggest hospitals in Europe. Yeah, that's right: I'm pretty much responsible for ensuring one of the largest medical staffs in the continent is protected against a deadly infectious disease.

I have a degree in English Literature and I'm engaged to a woman called Emma. We live in a village called Linton in Cambridgeshire. We moved here because she got a job working in Linton Zoo (she's a zookeeper). Apart from Warhammer, my main hobby is writing.

I'm exactly the same in real life as I am here, and here's a photo:

Serial Writist - lots and lots of short fiction, written by me, regularly updated.

My models:
The Legion of Astragoth | The Dark Crusade of Mousillon | The Destroyer Cult | Les Défenseurs du Béniterre | Storm Over Béniterre | Force Belial

My rules:
Chaos Dwarfs Warscroll Compendium

03-22-2009 06:28 AM
Kera foehunter
Zharr Nauggund Alpha Female

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 153
Best Attitude - 2007 Best Attitude - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Best Attitude - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: The real you ThreadKera foehunter 03-22-2009

DIE NINJA !!!!! Between jobs   layoff and went back to my old job Waiting tables and working in a sport bar !!looking to go back to school in a couple of months !!!
Trying to play more Warhammer !! and cutting back on vidio games !!
Just bummer around for now!!!

The last of female chaos dwarf
03-22-2009 01:04 PM
This_Is_My_Boomstick!!
Bull Centaur

Market Rep: 5

RE: The real you ThreadThis_Is_My_Boomstick!! 03-22-2009

Hi,  self employed running an online shop and part time employed as a Gate Keeper Happy  , wanting to play more Warhammer and Warmachine, plays a lot of Team Fortress 2 (too much) and Left for Dead as well as the Civ games.
Qualifications in Door Supervisor (Security), Multi Media Design, Media and Business, ahhh student life Happy

The Horror, The Horror!!!!!!

http://www.games-n-fun.co.uk  wargaming and accessories
03-22-2009 02:29 PM
jolpis
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

RE: The real you Threadjolpis 03-22-2009

well im 14 eyears old and i've been painting warhammer/wh40k for about 6 years (if you call that painting all my old models dont have faces theres to much color in the way) but ive gotten better, i play computer games(team fortress 2), moddeling/painting and spend time with my friends most of my time i live in sweden and i have an older brother.
thats most of it.
and thanks for a good site Cheers!

-The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't.
-the hitchikers guide to the galaxy... pure genious!

This post was last modified: 03-22-2009 02:41 PM by jolpis.

03-22-2009 02:39 PM
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 25
Slaves: 1216
Artisan's Contest - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Overall Member - 2007 Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS                               
RE: The real you ThreadWillmark 03-23-2009

So now we know what side of the debate Thommy is on, in the eternal question of Ninjas or Pirates.

My Want List / My Trade List

This post was last modified: 03-23-2009 06:36 AM by Willmark.

03-23-2009 06:36 AM
Sojourn
Bull Centaur Lord

RE: The real you ThreadSojourn 03-23-2009

now you know what side I'm on Wink

I'm Jill, I live in a suburb outside Toronto, in Canada. I graduated with my Bachelor in Business Administration; I'm an accountant (woo?) almost and should have my CMA designation by the summer, ideally.  I work in forensic accounting specifically and no, I will not do your taxes for you Wink

Hobbies, well, I play sports, fastpitch in the summer, volleyball and dodgeball in winter, I also REALLY want to get back into shooting archery. i love playing my console games and handhelds (360, Wii, DS) otherwise.... ummm, I like long walks on the beach, and I'm looking for someone to connect with...

wait, this isn't eHarmony?! heh. Wink

one more for good measure. (I'm trying to look goofy on purpose!)

self-assigned gold stars:

WarplockMonkey Wrote:
On special orders by Sojourn, Crayola created a Sojourn-coloured crayon. No matter what you draw with it, the result will always be a picture of Sojourn in her CDO t-shirt, looking smug.

03-23-2009 10:48 AM
Tarrakk Blackhand
Tarrakk Blackhand LIVES!!!

Slaves: 637
Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: The real you ThreadTarrakk Blackhand 03-23-2009

Kera Wrote:

WOW Kera! For a minute there, I was going to ask you to marry me....then I read that someone else was making the post. Big Grin

Damn..a wargammer AND a car freak would be a dream come true!

As for myself....

This is me standing beside my work in progress 1951 Studebaker wearing a shirt made by Shrine Clothing. The car will become a rolling advertisement for my hobby store, Monster Hobbies.

The engine is a bored and stroked 1951 Studebaker 170 CI from Cathcart Studebaker in Conneticut. Hp was raised from 85 Horse to 150 Horse with the addition of dual carburators and dual exhaust as well as all the other "Tricks" of the trade. This is a "Stage 4" motor. I just have to come up with $1000 for shipping into Canada.

I'm a 35 year old hobby store owner from High River, Alberta, Canada. (That's the Canadian Provience just above Montana.) My store is called "Monster Hobbies" and my wife and I own it. We just had our first baby, a girl 6 months ago.

Amaze your friends when you post your Chaos Dwarf model pictures on our forum at http://www.monster-hobbies.com today!

This post was last modified: 03-23-2009 11:19 AM by Tarrakk Blackhand.

03-23-2009 11:06 AM
two_heads_talking
Lammasu

RE: The real you Threadtwo_heads_talking 03-23-2009

I'm Morgan.  41 years old.. That will change in less than a month.

if the image works, that's me and my little dog JJ

(well, once again if I try to upload an image, all I get is a blasted red x..)

(I have this picture on my facebook account, so I figured it would translate over, I guess not. any suggestions?

This post was last modified: 03-23-2009 12:18 PM by two_heads_talking.

03-23-2009 11:13 AM
GRNDL
The Last Word of Hashut and Mediocrity

Slaves: 158
Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: The real you ThreadGRNDL 03-23-2009

GRNDL

UPP: 7A6B88

Born: United Kingdom, Terra/Sol
Residence:  Ontario, Canada, Terra/Sol
Educ: CSE/GCE, Gr13 Equivalence, 1 year University Waterloo, Diploma Art/Design:Illustration Niagara College

Skills:
Computer-4                                               Admin-3
Science-2                                                  Artist-4
Liaison-2                                                   Author-5
Jack of all Trades-3                                    Ground Vehicle-3
Strategy-2                                                 Non-lethal weapons (paintball)-3
Tactics-3

Psionics: None tested.
Cybernetics/Augments: Dental Implant, Contact Lenses (Corrective)

Takes Hat off GRNDL's CD Army Blog  

This post was last modified: 03-23-2009 11:20 AM by GRNDL.

03-23-2009 11:17 AM
Tarrakk Blackhand

Veteran Medal - Bronze                               

@ Morgan...doesn't seem to work. Try an [img] tag and a different web picture host.

@ Grundl...those stats make me think of the stas in the old Star Trek - The Role Playing Game from 1983. Big Grin

Amaze your friends when you post your Chaos Dwarf model pictures on our forum at http://www.monster-hobbies.com today!
03-23-2009 11:28 AM
two_heads_talking
Lammasu

RE: The real you Threadtwo_heads_talking 03-23-2009

Tarrakk Blackhand Wrote:
@ Morgan...doesn't seem to work. Try an [img] tag and a different web picture host.

I tried the img tag, jsut got a red x..  any suggestions on web hosts?

03-23-2009 11:36 AM
Tarrakk Blackhand

Veteran Medal - Bronze                               

http://www.fotki.com

I've been using it for years. Unlimited picture hosting. $45 for 3 years. I think they give you a 14 day free trial period too.

Never had a problem linking it to other sites either. I know the Google picture hosting can be very problematic.

This post was last modified: 03-23-2009 11:39 AM by Tarrakk Blackhand.

03-23-2009 11:37 AM
GRNDL
The Last Word of Hashut and Mediocrity

Slaves: 158
Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: The real you ThreadGRNDL 03-23-2009

@THT

Uhm, Photobucket?

@Tarrak

Close... Try Traveller, 1977. Happy There has really only ever been ONE SF RPG, all the others were flash in the pans. I have a feeling only one user around here besides me recognizes it.

Takes Hat off GRNDL's CD Army Blog  

This post was last modified: 03-23-2009 11:40 AM by GRNDL.

03-23-2009 11:38 AM
Pages (5): « First [1] 2 3 4 5 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites