Poll: Which model do you believe best represents Rykarth the Unbreakable in terms of creativity, conversion, painting and overall appearance? (No voting for yourself!)
This poll is closed.
Entry 1- angryboy2k 43.33% 13 43.33%
Entry 2- Hobgobbler 3.33% 1 3.33%
Entry 3- Hashut's Blessing 0% 0 0%
Entry 4- Arashi 30.00% 9 30.00%
Entry 5- Kyte 3.33% 1 3.33%
Entry 6- Dedwrekka 3.33% 1 3.33%
Entry 7- WarplockMonkey 10.00% 3 10.00%
Entry 8- The Flying Beaver 0% 0 0%
Entry 9- grom 6.67% 2 6.67%
Total 30 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Post Reply  Post Thread 
Pages (3): « First [1] 2 3 Next > Last »
Golden Hat #2 - Voting Thread!
Author MessageGolden Hat #2 - Voting Thread!
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 423
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
Golden Hat #2 - Voting Thread!Xander 06-24-2007

Voting will close on Sunday, July 8th. No voting for yourself!

Below are the 9 Entries received. Pick which one you like the best, and cast your vote. All votes will be made public, and thus we shall know if people are creating accounts to vote for themselves, etc. It would also be appreciated if you tell us why you voted the way you did.

Great stuff for our second contest! I am really psyched by the entries, and although I myself did not finish one, I think the contest went extremely well. Nemesis Crown should be awesome! Hopefully these Rykarth miniatures will be appreciated at GW! We'll send in the entries after the poll has closed!

Entry #1 - angryboy2k

Entry #2 - Hobgobbler

Entry #3 - Hashut's Blessing

Entry #4 - Arashi

Entry #5 - Kyte

Entry #6 - Dedwrekka

Entry #7 - WarplockMonkey

Entry #8 - The FlyingBeaver

Entry #9 - grom

Also, don't forget to sign up for the Nemesis Crown campaign this week at your regional GW site. Also don't forget to follow the Hand of Hashut narrative! Which is being written with the help of a few CDO staffers!

Praise Hashut! Hashut!

Follow CDO on Twitter: Twitter

This post was last modified: 07-22-2009 01:24 PM by Xander.

06-24-2007 11:04 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hashut's Blessing
The Cakily Blessed One

Group: Mods of Hashut
Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 731
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Veteran Medal - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: The Golden Hat #2 - Voting Thread!Hashut's Blessing 06-25-2007

Should've mentioned, I don't base my models and characters are lucky to a skull or head or anything on their's Big Grin. But, thanks for mentioning the originality factor. My painting has never been very good and this was my first use of green stuff ever. Regardless, I'm very proud with it myself Big Grin

Pledge: '09:+83 '10:+116 '11:+118 '12: N/A '13: N/A

WarplockMonkey Wrote:
After years of rigerous scientific reasearch, it has now been proven that there is a 50% chance that HB is 'in your fridge, eatin your cakez'.

This post was last modified: 06-25-2007 09:37 AM by The Flying Beaver.

06-25-2007 07:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: The Golden Hat #2 - Voting Thread!Xander 06-25-2007

Ok, so I botched this poll.  We are locking the poll for now, as the deadline should be the end of today! Whoops!

I will make a new Poll at the end of today.  Sorry for all of this!  This may actually give me the time I need to finish an entry.

Sorry again! (I'm too anxious to please Hashut!)

06-25-2007 09:36 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Flying Beaver
Bull Centaur Hero

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 0

RE: The Golden Hat #2 - Voting Thread!The Flying Beaver 06-25-2007

Silly Xander, starting the poll before the deadline was up! The poll's been closed until tomorrow, and posts stating "I'm voting for X" have been deleted or edited. Feel free to comment on the pictures, which will remain up and added as entries come in, but I'd advise against committing your vote until the poll is open.

And if you have a model, send it in!

Stick 'em wiv knives. Stick 'em wiv arrows. Stick 'em wiv swords and spears. Stick 'em where it 'urts. But most importantly, stick 'em when they's not looking!
-Gorduz Backstabber, Hobgoblin Khan

My Chaos Dwarf Win Record:
W/L/D
41/23/12
06-25-2007 09:39 AM
minty
Lammasu

Group: Dawi Zharr

RE: The Golden Hat #2 - Voting Thread!minty 06-25-2007

to many lovely chaos dwarves, too many demented stunties, how how am i to choose

06-25-2007 01:46 PM
Traitor King
Chaos Dwarf Hero

RE: The Golden Hat #2 - Voting Thread!Traitor King 06-25-2007

Wow, nicem models. gunna be hard to choose a favorite
also, rescale dedwrekkas pics. they seem rather huge.

06-25-2007 01:51 PM
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

RE: The Golden Hat #2 - Voting Thread!Xander 06-25-2007

I will be rescaling tonight to match the others.

Refrain from casting votes until the poll is up! Thanks!

This post was last modified: 06-25-2007 07:21 PM by Xander.

06-25-2007 04:02 PM
WarplockMonkey
Bull Centaur Hero

Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: The Golden Hat #2 - Voting Thread!WarplockMonkey 06-26-2007

May i ask what is the prize?

"I dont have TIME fo' pain, the only pain I'VE got time fo' is the pain I put on foos who dont know what time it is" - Terrible Terry Tate

Got an idea for that model you've always wanted to make, but couldn't find the means to convert it? Seen that bit of artwork and thought 'That would be an awesome model'? Give Warplock a PM, any sculpting/converting request considered Wink

Sojourn Wrote:
Anything Warplock says, instantly becomes fact.

06-26-2007 05:20 AM
Lord Archaon
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Market Rep: 5
Slaves: 257
Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: The Golden Hat #2 - Voting Thread!Lord Archaon 06-26-2007

The prize is Mr Xander emails all entries to GW US.

06-26-2007 05:56 AM
WarplockMonkey
Bull Centaur Hero

Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: The Golden Hat #2 - Voting Thread!WarplockMonkey 06-26-2007

Wait!

Don't look at my old picture! I have done more!

Oh, how come only US? Can't he e-mail them to GW UK as well?
Cheers!

"I dont have TIME fo' pain, the only pain I'VE got time fo' is the pain I put on foos who dont know what time it is" - Terrible Terry Tate

Got an idea for that model you've always wanted to make, but couldn't find the means to convert it? Seen that bit of artwork and thought 'That would be an awesome model'? Give Warplock a PM, any sculpting/converting request considered Wink

Sojourn Wrote:

06-26-2007 03:20 PM
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 1361
Best Overall Member - 2009 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Gold Best Overall Member - 2010 Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: The Golden Hat #2 - Voting Thread!Grimstonefire 06-26-2007

Whoever wins, I think everyone should do some final touches and take nice clear pics.  If its going on the website it needs to be as good a photo as possible.

Ever the best of friends Mum. 1953-2011   Sad
06-26-2007 04:30 PM
The Flying Beaver
Bull Centaur Hero

RE: The Golden Hat #2 - Voting Thread!The Flying Beaver 06-26-2007

A member has requested that I let him send in his entry late, which could be 1-2 days from now. I am going to allow this, but only because there is no prize at stake and we want as many Rykarths as possible to send to Games Workshop. Under normal circumstances I would not allow this, so remember to start your entries early in future contests!

Stick 'em wiv knives. Stick 'em wiv arrows. Stick 'em wiv swords and spears. Stick 'em where it 'urts. But most importantly, stick 'em when they's not looking!

W/L/D
41/23/12
06-26-2007 05:35 PM
angryboy2k
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 4
Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: The Golden Hat #2 - Voting Thread!angryboy2k 06-26-2007

@Warplock Monkey, Xander asked for all entries to be on a white background.

Steve
EDIT: And by the way, it looks really good on that rocky base.

This post was last modified: 06-27-2007 06:54 AM by angryboy2k.

06-26-2007 09:28 PM
WarplockMonkey
Bull Centaur Hero

Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: The Golden Hat #2 - Voting Thread!WarplockMonkey 06-27-2007

Awwww nuts...... that picture was so much better than the last oneUnsure, does it really matter?

Sojourn Wrote:

06-27-2007 11:09 AM
The Flying Beaver
Bull Centaur Hero

RE: The Golden Hat #2 - Voting Thread!The Flying Beaver 06-27-2007

WarplockMonkey Wrote:
Awwww nuts...... that picture was so much better than the last oneUnsure, does it really matter?

No.

WarplockMonkey Wrote:
Oh, how come only US? Can't he e-mail them to GW UK as well?

Rykarth is a character made up by GW US.  GW UK has no real involvement with this character.

W/L/D
41/23/12

This post was last modified: 06-27-2007 06:31 PM by The Flying Beaver.

06-27-2007 06:28 PM
Arashi
Unregistered

RE: The Golden Hat #2 - Voting Thread!Arashi 06-28-2007

How long will the voting be on hold? The deadline finnished a few days ago...

06-28-2007 12:54 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Hashut's Blessing
The Cakily Blessed One

Group: Mods of Hashut
Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 731
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Veteran Medal - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: The Golden Hat #2 - Voting Thread!Hashut's Blessing 06-28-2007

I was wondering that too. I think it may be because of the delayed entry, but I think it's acceptable. Whoever's entry it is, please be quick Big Grin

Pledge: '09:+83 '10:+116 '11:+118 '12: N/A '13: N/A

WarplockMonkey Wrote:
After years of rigerous scientific reasearch, it has now been proven that there is a 50% chance that HB is 'in your fridge, eatin your cakez'.

06-28-2007 05:43 PM
The Flying Beaver
Bull Centaur Hero

RE: The Golden Hat #2 - Voting Thread!The Flying Beaver 07-01-2007

The poll is now open. Voting will last for one week (closing on Sunday, July 8th) and then the winner will be determined. All entries will be put on the main site of Chaos Dwarf Online, and sent in to White Dwarf US. The winner will receive a point of reputation.  Note that participants may NOT vote for themself. If I catch someone voting for themself, I will discount your vote AND remove one from someone else!

Good luck to our entrants, these all look splendid!

W/L/D
41/23/12

This post was last modified: 07-01-2007 05:19 PM by The Flying Beaver.

07-01-2007 03:10 PM
Slaver_of_Zharr
Unregistered

RE: The Golden Hat #2 - Voting Thread!Slaver_of_Zharr 07-02-2007

I voted for Angryboy2ks, utterely fantastic IMHO Happy all the entries were great but that one is just... unbelievable
i loved Arashis as well but Angryboys was just to good Big Grin

07-02-2007 04:57 AM
Arashi
Unregistered

RE: The Golden Hat #2 - Voting Thread!Arashi 07-02-2007

Finally! I have ben waiting for this. And Im glad that a few more had time to come with some contributions before the voting started. All of the entries are really fantastic, I almost feel ashamed of my own mini now =P

Anyways, since there isnt any discusion thread for the contributions, I guess I will comment all of them here, and give my vote. Note that this is just my personal opinion, so dont take it too personal. Feel free to comment on my contribution as much as you want as well.

Ok, first is Entry #1, Angryboy2k. I must say that its a great conversion! He looks evil, no doubt about that. But he looses some points in my eyes for a few reasons. First is the helmet. Sorry, but in my eyes its not a chaos dwarf helm, it looks too much like a common dwarf, or maybe a norse dwarf helmet, but not a chaos dwarf. Second is, as I have told angryboy before, that he still haves too many normal dwarf symbols if you looks closely. I dont really like the green skintone I think I can see on his arms, looks like roten flesh... Its maybe a skirt or something, but -I- still dont like it.
Anyways, its still a great mini!

Entry #2 - Hobgobbler: I really like the sword and the symbol of his shield, but besides of that, he looks too good for me. Doesnt looks like a character that could stare down on Archaon to me... And there is a gap between his head and the drum-hat!

Entry #3 - Hashut's Blessing: I like the idea, and its a good choice of miniature, but the sculpting and the paintjob is not in the same level as the other entries. sorry.

Entry #4 - Me: Will not comment on this one, thats up to you ^^

Entry #5 - Kyte: Probably the most evil-looking entry here. Its incredibly good, and theres no doubt about that its a true hero in the armies of the chaos dwarfs. Great conversion, I really like his axe. Only thing I would comment on is that 1: Hes maybe too tall, with extremely long arms for a dwarf, and 2: the paintjob is not bad, but it could be better.

Entry #6 - Dedwrekka: Not bad, but IMO, it looks too much like a (short) chaos warrior. Not very hero-like either, I could easily see a whole unit of exactly the same mini without getting a weird feeling about it.

Entry #7 - WarplockMonkey: I love the pose of this mini, now we are talking about leadership! Thinking that you made it completely from skratch is even more surprising. But the beard looks a little weird, and as I have told you before I dont really like his nose. The paintjob, even though not bad either, could also be better.

Entry #8 - The FlyingBeaver: Hmm... Am I stupid enough to comment on an admins work? Of corse I am! Its a good and well thought idea, but he just doesnt look too much of a hero. I get more of the feeling that he is an armies BSB (I know his rules, but I sees that more like that his troops respects/fears him so much that his presence causes the same effect as a BSB, rather then wearing one). The pics are also very blurry (even more then mine!)

Entry #9 - grom: One of the best chaos dwarf minis I have ver seen. Its incredible what you can do from nothing. That axe is one of the sweetest things in existance, and I will probably borrow that idea from you in the future if its okay for you. The paintjob is also of the best ones in this competition.
But the miniature is not perfect (at least not in my eyes). First of all, hes very thin. Dwarfs are normally more... uhm... "big-boned". Then we also have the fact that he have, besides of one gold symbol, only one color on his whole armour. Yes, it gives a realistic feeling, but at least I get a bored feelign from that. His hand is also a little too big. Last, the hashut symbol, is turned in the wrong direction Tongue ( its more similar to "VE")

So, my vote goes to...

Kyte!

Why? Well, his mini is the one that in my eyes looks the most like a chaos dwarf, as well as a hero of the ones I could vote on. A tough commander that doesnt fear anything. Just like Rykarth!

Sorry if I bored you with all this long text. Cya!

Edit: Oh, and thank you sorry, even though you didnt vote for me I appreciate that you at least mentioned me Happy

This post was last modified: 07-02-2007 01:28 PM by Arashi.

07-02-2007 01:26 PM
Pages (3): « First [1] 2 3 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Golden Hat XXVIII - Voting! Admiral 16 462 11-16-2017 12:31 PM
Last Post: Admiral
  Golden Hat XXVII - Voting! Admiral 24 2,353 07-08-2017 11:56 PM
Last Post: Abecedar
  Golden Hat XXVI - Voting! Admiral 34 4,703 12-28-2016 06:55 PM
Last Post: Fuggit Khan