Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »
The Word of Hashut - Issue #4
Author MessageThe Word of Hashut - Issue #4
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 1178
Artisan's Contest - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Overall Member - 2007 Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS                               
The Word of Hashut - Issue #4Willmark 04-10-2009

Click here to download The Word of Hashut No.4!

Well after a bit of a delay here it is: Issue #4 of the Word of Hashut! Beware this one is big, 51 megs!

Sorry for the delay, we ran into some issues mainly in production snags in the middle of the process, as well as the very end with editing; hopefully the wait was worth it. We hope to have Issue #5 on time, but we will see what happens as we have not quite hit the due date yet; which is most vexing to this Dark Lord of the Sith...

Well, what can I say about Issue #4? Without spoiling it it... its jam packed. This issue represents our biggest ezine thus far at 76 pages of awesome Chaos Dwarf "goodness".

In this issue we also tried some new features and we are eager to hear what your feedback is for them. As we go forward we are trying to keep things fresh and not the same old boring thing every single time. So if you have suggestions of things you'd like to see let us know; or barring that get something together and send it in!

Looking ahead who would have thought it, one year ago around this time I was thinking of getting the webzine off of the ground: June 2008 it was and one year ago The Word of Hashut was born. So appropriately Issue #5 has been in the planning stages for quite some time so hopefully it will live up to our expectations.

So on behalf of the Word of Hashut team please enjoy our efforts.

NOTE: As  always for those with lower speed internet connections you can access a low res (its 9.6 megs) version here (caution it will look terrible if you print it from this file) http://www.mediafire.com/file/z1tmgldnuy...sue4lr.pdf

And a third way is now available for viewing: http://issuu.com/wordofhashut/docs/woh04

As always if there is something we missed please let me know, with something this big its bound to happen Wink.

Willmark

My Want List / My Trade List

This post was last modified: 01-07-2010 11:47 PM by Willmark.

04-10-2009 11:26 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
clam
Slave to Darkness

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 1251
Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: The Word of Hashut - Issue #4clam 04-11-2009

Had a quick look through. Worth waiting for i would say. Once again a great job.

And what a awesome front cover. Very well done Ishkur Takes Hat off

Clam's Coloured Classic Collection

Follow Clamshells on Facebook
04-11-2009 01:18 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tjub
Hat or Die!

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1264
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver x2 Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration                               
RE: The Word of Hashut - Issue #4tjub 04-11-2009

Hahaha, since my pic appeard two time in the zine Ill have to get a serious photo uploaded here in time for the next issue... Tongue

Anyway, great issue peolpe. Ive been waiting for this one and it was worth it! I feel proud being a CD player...

Chaos Dwarf Army Blog
Other creations

GDD Wrote:
"And then children, Tjub spent 78 pages perfecting his fireborn. For such is the struggle of a CD player with a thematic army."

04-11-2009 01:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Swissdictator
Hashut's Code Monkey

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 1348
Best General - 2008 Best General - 2009 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best General - 2010                               
RE: The Word of Hashut - Issue #4Swissdictator 04-11-2009

clam Wrote:
Worth waiting for i would say. Once again a great job.

And what a awesome front cover. Very well done Ishkur Takes Hat off

Quoted for truth! The work has *really* paid off, very nice work to all involved! Happy

FORGET AoS. Whoever designed it isn't fit to pour [water] out of a boot with instructions written under the heel.
04-11-2009 01:47 AM
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 444
Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best Contributor - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: The Word of Hashut - Issue #4Thommy H 04-11-2009

Wow, great job.

I notice that I contributed comparatively little to this one actually - stop being so awesome, the rest of you!

Serial Writist - lots and lots of short fiction, written by me, regularly updated.

My models:
The Legion of Astragoth | The Dark Crusade of Mousillon | The Destroyer Cult | Les Défenseurs du Béniterre | Storm Over Béniterre | Force Belial

My rules:
Chaos Dwarfs Warscroll Compendium

04-11-2009 04:12 AM
Loki
Wearer of the Big Hat

Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 269
Best Attitude - 2009 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: The Word of Hashut - Issue #4Loki 04-11-2009

Amazing works guys i am going to enjoy reading this from start to finish Happy

Fequiil Said
------------------------------------------------
yeah, everybody can just say that, but when loki speaks...
everything is different.Wink

04-11-2009 04:45 AM
Kera foehunter
Zharr Nauggund Alpha Female

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 153
Best Attitude - 2007 Best Attitude - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Best Attitude - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: The Word of Hashut - Issue #4Kera foehunter 04-11-2009

Wow great issue!!!   Willmark and team you outdid your selves  take a bow!!!!!!!
*Kera  puts on some Hollywood sunglasses
and pulls out a prepared speech*
Thank you  very much Willmark  and the his Staff!!!!!*Kera gives each one a hug *Thanks to the site staff of this site and my fellow members!!
This place rocks!!!!!!!!!
Kera

The last of female chaos dwarf
04-11-2009 05:50 AM
speedygogo
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 53
Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
RE: The Word of Hashut - Issue #4speedygogo 04-11-2009

I also enjoyed the issue,  It was a good read!

04-11-2009 07:57 AM
Ishkur Cinderhat
The Arch Immortal

Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 86
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2007 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: The Word of Hashut - Issue #4Ishkur Cinderhat 04-11-2009

Wow, that's one mammoth of a webzine! Shock Lots of great articles, even a battle report with pictures! This will be a great read for the rest of the day. Happy Many thanks.

04-11-2009 09:15 AM
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

Artisan's Contest - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Overall Member - 2007 Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS                               
RE: The Word of Hashut - Issue #4Willmark 04-11-2009

Yeah that guy who did the cover was pretty good too. Wink

04-11-2009 09:57 AM
cornixt
Brewer of Daemonic Beer

Slaves: 1302
Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Attitude - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: The Word of Hashut - Issue #4cornixt 04-11-2009

Thommy H Wrote:
I notice that I contributed comparatively little to this one actually - stop being so awesome, the rest of you!

You need to eat two bowls of Awesome Flakes for breakfast now!

There's a lot more in the wiki than you think, check out the wiki contents

Like a Great Taurus in a Cathay shop.

"No Mr Bond, I expect you to k'daii."
04-11-2009 10:05 AM
Khan!
Bull Centaur

Slaves: 35
Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS                               
RE: The Word of Hashut - Issue #4Khan! 04-11-2009

My download resulted in a broken file Sad but I will try again!

Me and Avalokitesvara - we're pals, see?
04-11-2009 12:03 PM
Tarrakk Blackhand
Tarrakk Blackhand LIVES!!!

Slaves: 637
Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: The Word of Hashut - Issue #4Tarrakk Blackhand 04-11-2009

I am wondering if someone would be kind enough to print me off two colour paper copies of all the WoH issues? I'd like one for the store for my customers to read through and one "Good Copy" for myself. My computer with the printer can't download any of the WoH and my store computer can, but doesn't have a printer. Either way, my printer is a B&W printer, so the colour is lost.

Maybe we can set something up to cover postage and printing costs?

Let me know via PM.

ThanX!

Tarrakk.

Amaze your friends when you post your Chaos Dwarf model pictures on our forum at http://www.monster-hobbies.com today!
04-11-2009 01:48 PM
Pyro Stick
Wizard of the Glen

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 927
Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Photobucket Migration                               
RE: The Word of Hashut - Issue #4Pyro Stick 04-11-2009

You might want to edit page 5 to say By GeOrc instead of By Grimstonefire beside the model at the top of the page.

My Chaos Dwarf Collection: GHXXVI

04-11-2009 01:55 PM
Tarrakk Blackhand
Tarrakk Blackhand LIVES!!!

Slaves: 637
Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: The Word of Hashut - Issue #4Tarrakk Blackhand 04-11-2009

As for the newsletter....WOW! The artwork is fantastic! Page 6 looks like it was drawn and painted by artists from Magic:The Gathering and D&D!

As far as everyone else...it's great to read so many articles and to see all the nicely finished models.

I hope someday some of mine will appear in the magazine or that I will be chosen for a "spotlight". I guess time will tell.

ThanX again for posting about my store.

Talk to you soon!

Tarrakk.

Amaze your friends when you post your Chaos Dwarf model pictures on our forum at http://www.monster-hobbies.com today!
04-11-2009 02:07 PM
Astranagant
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Slaves: 0

RE: The Word of Hashut - Issue #4Astranagant 04-19-2009

I was definitely pleased to get a two-page spread.  Here's hoping I can pop in some journal entries from my Mordheim campaign in the next one...

04-19-2009 10:54 PM
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

RE: The Word of Hashut - Issue #4Willmark 04-19-2009

Mordheim articles are always needed.

04-19-2009 10:57 PM
Bassman
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Slaves: 640
Golden Hat - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat  - Gold x2                               
RE: The Word of Hashut - Issue #4Bassman 04-20-2009

Wow,
well worth waiting. I made a quick peep before starting to work, I'm looking forward to check all the juicy contents! Takes Hat off

Alan the evil Wrote:
bassman spoke... and I do agree!!

Are you interested in the Last Supper by Leonardo da Vinci? Check here: http://milanoarte.net/en/tour/the-last-s...ly-for-you

Bored of slashing your slaves? Take a vacation in Milan:
http://www.milantour.net

04-20-2009 03:11 AM
Lord Archaon
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Market Rep: 5
Slaves: 257
Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: The Word of Hashut - Issue #4Lord Archaon 04-20-2009

In my opinion it's the best issue so far! Congratulations to everybody who take a part in it!

I guess it time to stop being lazy and start working on the another article for me again, because i didn't do any after WoH number 2 Wink

04-20-2009 01:52 PM
Arashi
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Slaves: 125
Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: The Word of Hashut - Issue #4Arashi 04-20-2009

Finally back!

First of all, well done! I must say that all of you have done a great job this issue (and even a few different artworks on a few pages from the previous version of issue4?). I made a list of the few errors it had before, but you have reduced my list to only one (and that´s on p.19, where it should say "tjub" and not "tjubs".

And I had one little question about the magma pool spell. It was good that it had a range you could teleport one mini, but you don´t need any range to cast the spell on him. Hell, you don´t even need to see him to cast the spell!?! Shouldn´t there be some more restrictions on that one? I imagine that it´s based on the skaven spell, but that one have also received a lot of critisism.

Besides of that, all good. Well done!

My rarely updated blog.
04-20-2009 03:48 PM
Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Word of Hashut # 12 Hashut's Blessing 42 28,965 06-05-2012 04:25 PM
Last Post: Baggronor
  The Word of Hashut- Issue #11 Willmark 25 19,832 02-21-2011 11:33 AM
Last Post: Nicodemus