Post Reply  Post Thread 
Pages (16): « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 Next > Last »
1 Votes - 5 Average   Kyte's Big Fat Blog - Painted Dunkleodon!
Author MessageKyte's Big Fat Blog - Painted Dunkleodon!
Traitor King
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 0

RE: Kyte's Army Blog - (Updated:20/05/07)Traitor King 06-01-2007

umms, thats 3 words Happy
Nice army i realy love your models (like ive been saying over at the 'stone eversince you started your blog).
cant wait for more.

06-01-2007 05:42 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hashut's Blessing
The Cakily Blessed One

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 731
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Veteran Medal - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: Kyte's Army Blog - (Updated:20/05/07)Hashut's Blessing 06-02-2007

I think maybe the jaw of the wolf should be slightly more open. If you put armour on it, have it cover the back of the neck and side of the front legs (continuously of course) as well. Not sure it needs it, unless your Hobgob wolfrider champions have head armour. Also, make sure the robes bulk out the weedy hobgob body, it looks very fragile for the size of the head and axe.

Pledge: '09:+83 '10:+116 '11:+118 '12: N/A '13: N/A

WarplockMonkey Wrote:
After years of rigerous scientific reasearch, it has now been proven that there is a 50% chance that HB is 'in your fridge, eatin your cakez'.

06-02-2007 09:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kyte
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Slaves: 27

RE: Kyte's Army Blog - (Updated:03/06/07)Kyte 06-03-2007

I'm back with a new, maybe a little disturbing update! This time, only 3 days delay!

I have managed to finish the Hobgoblin Hero on Wolf:

He could need a bit of filing here and there, but I'm really happy with the way he came out. After much trying and practice, I dropped the skull mask. It was simply too hard to make it look okay, so there are actually limits for what I can do with GS :cry:

Through playing, I have found out that wolf riders are extraordinarily usefull in a CD army. Not only can they shoot and run away before getting engaged, they han also stand up to my arch nemesis, Glade Riders in close combat. I've placed a bit on a deal with some more wolves, so 4 units of 5 + a boss is not an impossible idea.

Here is a tester for how my wolves will be painted:

Pretty standard scheme. Pretty realistic also.

By the way, did any one of you know, that no wolf has ever attacked or even bit a human? NEVER EVER! That's strange, because wolves have always been like a dangerious creature to me... Yet one of my favourite animals!

With some of the spare greenstuff I had left from my wolf riding general, I made this:

Nickname: Hades
He's a hobgoblin shaman, that will be used either as a familiar, or as a night goblin shaman if I use my hobbos as night gobbos. I have 160 hobbos anyway. Talking about using hobbos as night gobbos, couldn't it be cool if I made some fanatics on gliders based on hobgoblin from Spiderman Tongue Just kidding!

The disturbing part of the update comes here, so turn back, if you don't like it:

Isn't she gross?
This is one of the most scarry models I've ever made. It's an elf, who got too close to morghur, and is becomming a Spawn of chaos. Don't expect it to be painted soon. I'll paint it up along with my beast queen and a few other spawn, but after my Chaos Dwarf army.
Is it too much?
It's inspired by Kirsten Williams' "The Wrath of Change" diorama, where some empire soldiers are turning into spawn because of a Tzeentch Sorcerer's spell.

That's all for now. Expect painted wolfies soon

Thanks

- Kyte

06-03-2007 02:52 PM
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 499
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Kyte's Army Blog - (Updated:03/06/07)Xander 06-04-2007

Kyte Wrote:
Through playing, I have found out that wolf riders are extraordinarily usefull in a CD army. Not only can they shoot and run away before getting engaged, they han also stand up to my arch nemesis, Glade Riders in close combat. I've placed a bit on a deal with some more wolves, so 4 units of 5 + a boss is not an impossible idea.

Except that Wolfies are 10+ in a CD army. Tongue

Awesomely sculpted man!  He looks great. Happy

Follow CDO on Twitter: Twitter
06-04-2007 09:40 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lord Archaon
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Market Rep: 5
Slaves: 257
Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: Kyte's Army Blog - (Updated:03/06/07)Lord Archaon 06-04-2007

Wow! The painted wolf went really good.Happy About the Elf Spawn it's greatHappy but i'd put him in the center of the base because hi looks more like a base for some monster or hero.The Goblin Spirit is awesome too.Big Grin

06-04-2007 12:28 PM
Traitor King
Chaos Dwarf Hero

RE: Kyte's Army Blog - (Updated:03/06/07)Traitor King 06-04-2007

wow, some good stuff, you just keep it coming kyte.
On the spawn i recoment something sticking up a bit more , be it spear or a tree or sometihng cimpletly different.
I like the finished boss and i LOVE the paintjob on the wolf. its so kick-ass!
the lil goblin shaman is also fairly nifty Tongue

06-04-2007 02:03 PM
Hashut's Blessing
The Cakily Blessed One

Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 731
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Veteran Medal - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: Kyte's Army Blog - (Updated:03/06/07)Hashut's Blessing 06-04-2007

Maybe you could put another mutant elf standing/falling, "walking" in front of the other or standing and aiming, melding into the bow. it's just a little flat and close to the ground otherwise...

Pledge: '09:+83 '10:+116 '11:+118 '12: N/A '13: N/A

WarplockMonkey Wrote:
After years of rigerous scientific reasearch, it has now been proven that there is a 50% chance that HB is 'in your fridge, eatin your cakez'.

06-04-2007 04:11 PM
AGPO
BOAR CENTAUR!

Slaves: 1271

RE: Kyte's Army Blog - (Updated:03/06/07)AGPO 06-06-2007

yYou continue to impress sir, well done!

Check out my blogs!:
Chaos Dwarfs (6/6/09)Other shiny things (13/11/11)

I follow the Grumpy But Responsible Gamers' Charter. Join us!

Sojourn Wrote:
FYI Wilmark, the only alcohol I'm drinking is from that bucket

06-06-2007 06:46 AM
Khaosbeardling
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 9

RE: Kyte's Army Blog - (Updated:03/06/07)Khaosbeardling 06-06-2007

Wow the HG wolf champion looks great, and the Wood Elf spawn looks crazy cool, wish I was that good with greenstuff.

Praise Hashut!Respect to the Hat!
06-06-2007 10:06 AM
Khan!
Bull Centaur

Slaves: 35
Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS                               
RE: Kyte's Army Blog - (Updated:03/06/07)Khan! 06-06-2007

That Hobbo boss is pretty frakkin' rad, I'm quite impressed!  I think I agree with Hashut's Blessing, Traitor King and Lord Archaon tho - the spawn is cool but it needs something to get the miniature as a whole off the ground a bit imo.

Me and Avalokitesvara - we're pals, see?
06-06-2007 12:13 PM
Ishkur Cinderhat
The Arch Immortal

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 87
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2007 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: Kyte's Army Blog - (Updated:03/06/07)Ishkur Cinderhat 06-06-2007

That wolf looks great - so much more paint work invested here than I did with my wolves. But it really pays off!

06-06-2007 12:41 PM
hobblin
Unregistered

RE: Kyte's Army Blog - (Updated:03/06/07)hobblin 06-09-2007

Kyte could we have another group shot with every CD thing you have ,please the first group shot was sooooo cool so can we have another.

06-09-2007 09:50 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Kyte
Chaos Dwarf Hero

RE: Kyte's Army Blog - (Updated:03/06/07)Kyte 06-10-2007

hobblin Wrote:
Kyte could we have another group shot with every CD thing you have ,please the first group shot was sooooo cool so can we have another.

I could probably fix that with some new update showing everything painted and unpainted for you.

Thanks

- Kyte

06-10-2007 03:45 AM
Kyte
Chaos Dwarf Hero

RE: Kyte's Army Blog - (Updated:24/06/07)Kyte 06-24-2007

As alwaya, I'm a bit late with my updates, but I've passed all my exams (4 A's and 1 A+ 8) ) And been to the Cazeh Republic (once again, this time with my class).

I have done a lot while home though...

First is the probably awaited painted unit of Wolf Riders:

Pretty satisfied with how they turned out, and I have another unit ready for priming. Most people will probably notice that there's only 5 models, and I need 10 for a full unit, but I'm usually allowed to field them in units of 5 in friendly games, as that is more fair.

Another thing is my BSB:

I don't know why the pic is so bad, but you get the idea... Looks a bit messy with the mixed green and brown stuff, but paint will solve that.
PS: Don't expect6 this painted soon, I have plenty of Hobbos on my list before this guy... He's just been WIP since mid January and now he's done.

This is a bit of an experiment:

Please note that the wolves in this pic will have riders on them, so I'll have to get some more wolves or use some other creatures...

This is a hobgoblin chariot for friendly games and if I use my hobs as an all goblin army. It's made from plasticard, thick wire and greenstuff. The crewmen are just proxies, they'll all have bows when finished.

Last but not least is a guy I picked up dirt cheap in Czecc republic:

Somebody had bought a goblin hero just for the axe, and left the rest in the czech shop's bits box, and I bought it for 1,70 or something. The big gun is made from an empire gun with a knife from a skaven ninja thingy. I don't really need him for my army, but he was cheap and will serve as a memory of a wonderful trip...

That's all for now.

Thanks

- Kyte

06-24-2007 09:37 AM
angryboy2k
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 4
Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: Kyte's Army Blog - (Updated:24/06/07)angryboy2k 06-24-2007

Kyte, the side view of that Bull Centaur is fantastic! The lines are so smooth and organic. Did you sculpt him from scratch?
Love it!

Steve

06-24-2007 09:47 AM
Kyte
Chaos Dwarf Hero

RE: Kyte's Army Blog - (Updated:24/06/07)Kyte 06-24-2007

angryboy2k Wrote:
Kyte, the side view of that Bull Centaur is fantastic! The lines are so smooth and organic. Did you sculpt him from scratch?
Love it!

Not entirely from scratch... The back of the dwarf-part is from a skull pass dwarf, and there's a toy-horse inside the bull centaur, but it was just for the propotions, and is completely covered except for the hooves.

Thanks

- Kyte

06-24-2007 11:51 AM
hal
Bull Centaur Hero

Market Rep: 1

RE: Kyte's Army Blog - (Updated:24/06/07)hal 06-25-2007

The BC is really good, but I think the Goblin with the gun-almost-too-big-for-him-to-carry steals it.

06-25-2007 09:23 AM
The Flying Beaver
Bull Centaur Hero

RE: Kyte's Army Blog - (Updated:24/06/07)The Flying Beaver 06-25-2007

You never cease to astound, Kyte. Awesome stuff.

Stick 'em wiv knives. Stick 'em wiv arrows. Stick 'em wiv swords and spears. Stick 'em where it 'urts. But most importantly, stick 'em when they's not looking!
-Gorduz Backstabber, Hobgoblin Khan

My Chaos Dwarf Win Record:
W/L/D
41/23/12
06-25-2007 09:56 AM
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 499
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Kyte's Army Blog - (Updated:24/06/07)Xander 06-25-2007

Excellent work my friend!  Your army is really coming along!

Follow CDO on Twitter: Twitter
06-25-2007 10:03 AM
AGPO
BOAR CENTAUR!

Slaves: 1271

RE: Kyte's Army Blog - (Updated:24/06/07)AGPO 06-26-2007

All awesome, but I love the Chariot best! I'm gonna do a darklands greenskin army as followers of the Chaos Dwarfs (a client warboss if you will) and this is exactly the type of thing I intend to go with it.

Check out my blogs!:
Chaos Dwarfs (6/6/09)Other shiny things (13/11/11)

I follow the Grumpy But Responsible Gamers' Charter. Join us!

Sojourn Wrote:
FYI Wilmark, the only alcohol I'm drinking is from that bucket

06-26-2007 06:07 AM
Pages (16): « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Tarrakk Blackhand's Painted Army (BLOG) Tarrakk Blackhand 49 21,310 05-14-2009 06:41 PM
Last Post: Kera foehunter

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites