Post Reply  Post Thread 
Pages (16): « First < Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Next > Last »
1 Votes - 5 Average   Kyte's Big Fat Blog - Painted Dunkleodon!
Author MessageKyte's Big Fat Blog - Painted Dunkleodon!
The Slaver
Unregistered

RE: Kyte's Army Blog - (Updated:24/06/07)The Slaver 06-26-2007

Awsome Awsome Awsome! those hobgobs are fantastic. Your boss puts mine to shame!(ill post pictures soon! he's all painted, along with a handful of hobgobs and my two CD socrecors) I have to agree that wolf riders are a superb bit of tactical might. Fast cav was always a thorn in my side when i played stunties, so now ill fight fire with fire! Veyr nicely done Kyte. You should be proud.

06-26-2007 07:05 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Kyte
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 27

RE: Kyte's Army Blog - (Updated:30/06/07)Kyte 06-30-2007

Later today, I'm leaving for 2 weeks of holiday in france...

So I'm updating my blog for you now.

Do you remember my Mechanical Taurus?

Damn that rider isn't worthy as the ultimate army general, is it? And what a lousy flame thrower it has? And what's that stick on it's back for?

As you can see, I've made a more dramatic rider for it. He is made from some dwarf special character. I am especially happy with the experimental mask and the weapons he've got.
The banner is made from paper with a Hashut-rune made from thin card. I've also made a head at the end of the flame thrower. I'm gonna paint it soon.

Do you think the great skull should be red or gold?

I've also painted the shooter:

Nothing much to say. Pretty easy to paint, but it turned out great IMO.

Last and least is the second wolf rider unit:

I'll paint these right after the taurus, and tyhen move on to a unit of hobbo archers.

Thanks and happy holidays

- Kyte

06-30-2007 08:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bandnerd1892
Unregistered

RE: Kyte's Army Blog - (Updated:30/06/07)bandnerd1892 06-30-2007

Looks great!! I would probably paint the skull a variation of dark reds. I'd also like to see a larger/more detailed banner on the back of it. If this is your general/center piece of your army, I'd really want it to stand out, and i think a banner would really be the icing on the cake.

06-30-2007 12:53 PM
Khan!
Bull Centaur

Slaves: 35
Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS                               
RE: Kyte's Army Blog - (Updated:30/06/07)Khan! 06-30-2007

Kyte, your stuff just keeps getting better!  I like your use of the anvil of doom guy, that's always been a model that I thought was better than the anvil deserved.  In terms of the skull, I also vote that it should be red.  Imo gold is better in small quantities, like as an accent to other colours, and would just overpower the rest of the mini if it were used on the skull.

Me and Avalokitesvara - we're pals, see?
06-30-2007 01:29 PM
Ghrask Dragh
TeddyMadeMeDoIt...

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 855

RE: Kyte's Army Blog - (Updated:30/06/07)Ghrask Dragh 06-30-2007

Yes I also think gold works better in small amounts.
I really like the face and beard sculpt on this guy. This model would make a great centrepiece and based on the rest of this blog I think you've got an award winning army, originality in all its glory!! Takes Hat off

My Chaos Dwarf Blog
06-30-2007 03:25 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AGPO
BOAR CENTAUR!

Group: Retired Staff
Slaves: 1271

RE: Kyte's Army Blog - (Updated:30/06/07)AGPO 07-01-2007

I tend to leave the key features on a mini until I've painted all the boring bits in my army clour scheme, then decide whihc colour would complement it/make it stand out most. Of course as this piece is so different this may not be the greatest piece of advice

Check out my blogs!:
Chaos Dwarfs (6/6/09)Other shiny things (13/11/11)

I follow the Grumpy But Responsible Gamers' Charter. Join us!

Sojourn Wrote:
FYI Wilmark, the only alcohol I'm drinking is from that bucket

07-01-2007 11:57 AM
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 503
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Kyte's Army Blog - (Updated:30/06/07)Xander 07-02-2007

Looking sweet man!  Can't wait for those Hobgoblin Wolfriders.  I am thinking of doing something very similar to them.

Join us on the new forum. Come help us test it out!
https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com
07-02-2007 09:28 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kyte
Chaos Dwarf Hero

RE: Kyte's Army Blog - (Updated:30/06/07)Kyte 07-14-2007

bandnerd1892 Wrote:
I would probably paint the skull a variation of dark reds.

With "a variation of dark reds", do you mean like on my hero on foot's cloak, my hobgoblin cloaks or my Bull centaur's internal red glow?

There is also a gnoblog on a skaven forum called "Rise of the hell rats" with a red/black colour scheme, thet reminds me of the song, "Secret Journey" by the Police.

I really like thet song, so that scheme might be a valid choice.

Thanks

- Kyte

07-14-2007 07:29 AM
hal
Bull Centaur Hero

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 0

RE: Kyte's Army Blog - (Updated:30/06/07)hal 07-15-2007

Really good paint job Kyte, what colours did you use for the skin?

07-15-2007 01:10 PM
Kyte
Chaos Dwarf Hero

RE: Kyte's Army Blog - (Updated:30/06/07)Kyte 07-18-2007

hal Wrote:
Really good paint job Kyte, what colours did you use for the skin?

The hobgob's?

Basecoat: Scorpion Green
Wash: Green and Brown ink
Highlight: Scorpion Green
Second Highlight: Scorpion Green and Bleached Bone
Third Highlight: Bleached Bone

Thanks

- Kyte

07-18-2007 06:17 AM
Kyte
Chaos Dwarf Hero

RE: Kyte's Army Blog - (Updated:30/06/07)Kyte 07-27-2007

blablabla... I'm back... Delayed... Blablabla Same as always...

Anyways, I've been home from holiday for a little more than a week now, and being off for just a week has made me do a lot.

I have, as most of you clicked on this thread to see, painted my taurus:

Pretty happy with it as it is. The white skull might look striking, but I tried many colours, but non worked better. The rider is one of my favourite parts.

I have also converted a unit of warriors with Hand Weapons and Shields.

Not much to say. The banner was nicked from a guy called snotling on the chaos dwarf forums, The shield symbold were made by printing lots of them out on a sheet of thin card and then cutting them out and gluing them to the shields.

Last but not least, Please take a look at my avatar. You probably remember the old hero model. I think he's awful. Simply awful! Look at the hooves!When were it ever cool with hooves for a dwarf? The pose is also kind of lame. The mechanical arm, was shorter than the normal and like 2,5 timed thicker! The axe shaft also looks too thin to support the huge axe head, and he could in no way lift that axe with one hand anyway!

Nothing else to do! I stripped him and completely reconverted him!

That's what I call a dwarf! He reminds me a bit of a dark elf black gurd, which is good because they are wonderful sculpts.

What do you think? It is better, right?

Thanks

- Kyte

07-27-2007 11:00 AM
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 503
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Kyte's Army Blog - (Updated:27/07/07)Xander 07-27-2007

He looks awesome! As do your warriors!  Well done, Sir!

Join us on the new forum. Come help us test it out!
https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com
07-27-2007 11:19 AM
Canix
Spirit of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 10

RE: Kyte's Army Blog - (Updated:27/07/07)Canix 07-27-2007

The Taurus looks great  ready to burn those trees,also prefer the new hero look .Alot of work to do him twice but worth it when he looks twice as niceTakes Hat off

Realists are hampered by there inability to comprehend the true nature of reality
The Pledge 2010:
Bought:11 Painted:12
07-27-2007 11:43 AM
Arashi
Unregistered

RE: Kyte's Army Blog - (Updated:27/07/07)Arashi 07-27-2007

I love that "taurus", I can completely see the rampage and the bloodbath it would produce! I can also see that you have used some inspiration from others on that fantastic unit (mainly using the rune of Hashut on the shield like my CD, as well as snotlings BB banner.
And is that really the same guy as in your avatar?!? :0 No way! The new hero looks even more badass though. I hope I can see it painted soon ^^

07-27-2007 12:58 PM
hobblin
Unregistered

RE: Kyte's Army Blog - (Updated:27/07/07)hobblin 07-27-2007

Nice taruse Kyte , but you forgot to put things on to make it look like it can fly!Or dose it magicly fly if so my bad still great work.

07-27-2007 07:45 PM
Kyte
Chaos Dwarf Hero

RE: Kyte's Army Blog - (Updated:27/07/07)Kyte 07-28-2007

hobblin Wrote:
Nice taruse Kyte , but you forgot to put things on to make it look like it can fly!Or dose it magicly fly if so my bad still great work.

I don't know how it can fly, but I figure that it can either teleport, or simply buldose it's way through terrain. About the 360 line of sight, have you ever been sitting in a wheelchair? It's easy as hell to turn around.

Thanks

- Kyte

07-28-2007 05:56 AM
Kyte
Chaos Dwarf Hero

RE: Kyte's Army Blog - (Updated:11/08/07)Kyte 08-11-2007

11. August 2007

The time has come. I finished elementary school before the summer holiday, and tomorrow, I'll begin at a new continuation school. This means, that I'll have to stay at the school all week, and only be home in weekends. I won't bring any models until I've found out if any of my new schoolmates do warhammer. While I'm on this school, I probably won't have much time for warhammer. Not even in the weekends, but I'll be doing plenty of sculpting and painting in the countless arts lessons (nothing warhammer related though) because this is mostly an art/acting school.

I will still be able to check these forums once a day, but this blog might be a bit quiet. I will update it once in a while though, but prpbably not once every second week, as I do now.

So I'll leave you with pics of the painted hero on foot:

As you can see, he's better than the old one. He's not as tall, and all the stuff they have in common is improved. I will probably have an avater made with this in the next few days.

Here's an old pic for reference:

I actually painted the new hero a week ago, but I kept it because I wanted to show my new warrior unit painted, but I've had other things to do, so you'll have to wait... There's more to life than wargaming.

I have done some more though. My local hobby store had a 50+% off all blisters sale last week, and I bought a few models: A runesmith, an engeneer, a branchwraith and 2 banshees that I got for free.
I didn't really need any of these models, and I have models enough for at least 2500pts, but I really liked the models, and if I ever expand to 3000pts, and if CDs will have an option for an engeneer-type character when they get a new book, I'll be ready. I did cheat though, because every list could do with a bit of variation.

So I made the runesmith into a BSB on foot to use if I don't want a Bull centaur BSB:

I really love this runesmith model, and at 2, who could ever refuse? It's so cool, and the CD hat makes him even cooler. I'm still stuck on what to do with the banner. I'm horrible at freehand, and I don't want to practice on this model, end of discussion. But I was thinking of printing out a cool CD image on printable tatoo transfers for kids. Do you think this would work? Has anyone tried it? With a coat of varnish, it shouldn't rub off, should it? As for critic, the model is still WIP, and I might redo the beard.

Last, and completely out of nowhere, I recently decided to do a water baloon trebuchet, and I did a 28mm trial model to test the design:

It's not for any army, but it's cool, and If I ever do a bret army (Why not, I have the models), I can easily do a couple of these.
After assambling a hellcannon and a scraplauncher, I actually found this whole thing quite easy to do. Took me about 2,5 hours from balsa to finished.

Please note that it isn't painted.

So with these words I leave you for at least 2 weeks without an update.

Bye

- Kyte

08-11-2007 03:48 PM
Lord Darkash
Unregistered

RE: Kyte's Army Blog - (Updated:11/08/07)Lord Darkash 08-11-2007

Awesome stuff here. definately prefer the the new hero conversion, shame you didn't keep the other guy as well though!

08-11-2007 08:36 PM
Kyte
Chaos Dwarf Hero

RE: Kyte's Army Blog - (Updated:11/08/07)Kyte 08-12-2007

Lord Darkash Wrote:
Awesome stuff here. definately prefer the the new hero conversion, shame you didn't keep the other guy as well though!

Thanks, but I couldn't keep the old one, as I needed the bits to make the new one.

Thanks

- Kyte

08-12-2007 04:34 AM
Undeadninjas
Unregistered

RE: Kyte's Army Blog - (Updated:11/08/07)Undeadninjas 08-12-2007

You might consider an effigy of a chaos dwarf lord, Hashut, Bull Centaur or something else  to use on the banner. You could sculpt that pretty easily and it wouldn't look too bad. As for the army, I'd be honored to play against something that looked that awesome.

08-12-2007 05:45 AM
Pages (16): « First < Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Tarrakk Blackhand's Painted Army (BLOG) Tarrakk Blackhand 49 21,501 05-14-2009 06:41 PM
Last Post: Kera foehunter

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites