Post Reply  Post Thread 
Pages (16): « First < Previous 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 Next > Last »
1 Votes - 5 Average   Kyte's Big Fat Blog - Painted Dunkleodon!
Author MessageKyte's Big Fat Blog - Painted Dunkleodon!
Kyte
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 27

RE: Kyte's Army Blog - (Updated:11/08/07)Kyte 08-12-2007

Undeadninjas Wrote:
As for the army, I'd be honored to play against something that looked that awesome.

If you live anywhere close to Copenhagen, Denmark, that could be easily arranged.

Thanks

- Kyte

08-12-2007 05:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
clam
Slave to Darkness

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 1264
Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Kyte's Army Blog - (Updated:11/08/07)clam 08-13-2007

The new lord is awesome too, though sad to hear you had to let the old one goSad The BSB is great too. The Banner is a little imperialistic for my liking!

And good luck with your new school. Hope your find some WFB-friends and you'll still get the time for some playing/painting/conversion. Keep us posted!

Clam's Coloured Classic Collection

Follow Clamshells on Facebook
08-13-2007 09:38 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Undeadninjas
Unregistered

RE: Kyte's Army Blog - (Updated:11/08/07)Undeadninjas 08-13-2007

Kyte Wrote:

Undeadninjas Wrote:
As for the army, I'd be honored to play against something that looked that awesome.

If you live anywhere close to Copenhagen, Denmark, that could be easily arranged.

Thanks

- Kyte

I don't think California's all that close... but if I'm ever in the area...

This post was last modified: 08-13-2007 11:20 PM by Undeadninjas.

08-13-2007 11:19 PM
Quote this message in a reply
The Evil Twin
Unregistered

RE: Kyte's Army Blog - (Updated:11/08/07)The Evil Twin 08-15-2007

the new lord is muth beter now...Takes Hat off and the bsb is yust fantasticCheers! good work man

08-15-2007 04:04 AM
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 503
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Kyte's Army Blog - (Updated:11/08/07)Xander 08-16-2007

Your sculpting continues to improve, but I still think those lips are a bit oversized.

Keep on rocking!

Join us on the new forum. Come help us test it out!
https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com
08-16-2007 02:45 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kyte
Chaos Dwarf Hero

RE: Kyte's Army Blog - (Updated:11/08/07)Kyte 08-21-2007

I'm here again. Thanks for the new avatar. On friday, I can look at all the new topics here. Damn, I miss these forums a lot...

08-21-2007 04:03 AM
torn
Lord of Flaming Automatons

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 237
Veteran Medal - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Scribe's Contest Gold                               
RE: Kyte's Army Blog - (Updated:11/08/07)torn 08-21-2007

i think the hat on the new hero looks cool, its a shame to lose the mechanical hand though, was something different.

i liked the BSB as well

current projects:-
New mask/helmet style chaos dwarfs
blood bowl necromantic repaint
beyond the gates of antares algoryn force
my own battlefield!

2014 results with chaos dwarfs
1 - 0 - 1
08-21-2007 07:06 AM
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 503
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Kyte's Army Blog - (Updated:11/08/07)Xander 08-21-2007

We've missed you Kyte!  Good to have you (almost) back!

Join us on the new forum. Come help us test it out!
https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com
08-21-2007 01:55 PM
Kyte
Chaos Dwarf Hero

RE: Kyte's Army Blog - (Updated:11/08/07)Kyte 08-30-2007

Hello everybody. I have no new pics today, but I had a dream last night featuring Xander, so I thought that this was the right place to post it. It was a pretty strange dream, because it was in english, which is strange because I'm danish...

The dream started at a party at my new school, with everybody dancing and having fun, but then suddenly there was a flash of light and everybody were turned into stone. I was wearing sunglasses, and therefore weren't affected. Then a phone booth started ringing, and I picked it. It was Xander telling me, that I had been chosen to save the world from eternal petrification. In order to save the world, I had to get all the old GW undead mummy models and convert them into a squad of 40k traitor guardsmen. This was pretty hard to do, as I didn't have any mummies, neither did I have any guardsman bits or converting supplies, and I couldn't mail order the bits, as the GW personal had also been turned to stone.
So I had to go to GWHQ to get the bits, and I had to go there by bige, because I have no drivers licence. Luckily, there was ice on the see, so I could bike from Denmark to England and go to GWHQ, which was a great fortress. I had to break in to the storage and find the box with the mummies and guardsman bits, but that's ilegal, so the police came to arrest me. And we're talking the band, not the real police. I am a great fan of the police, and I told them to let me steal the mummies and save the world, but they wanted a proof that I was a real fan, and I didn't bring my LP record and single collection, so it was pretty hard to do. In the end, I succeeded in convincing them by playing "Message in a Bottle" on the bass while singing. (I can actually do that), and the police were so impressed that they gave me a hitch back to my house in Denmark, so I could convert the got damn mummies. When the mummies were converted, I painted them up and posted pitures of them in this blog for Xander to see. Then Xander posted a reply, that he would come and check if they were actually mine, or just some pics I found on CMoN. When Xander arrived, I realized that he was actually David Schwimmer (WTF?) and he broke the curse, and he helped me rebase my chaos dwarf army with bases, that looked like Ishkurs.

So guess what I'm gonna do? I'm gonna rebase my army. Is this a good idea?

Thanks

- Kyte

08-30-2007 08:26 AM
catbarf
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Slaves: 1

RE: Kyte's Army Blog - (Updated:11/08/07)catbarf 08-30-2007

Did you get really high before going to bed? That is one of the most fucked-up things I've heard in weeks Big Grin

Mathhammer junkie.
08-30-2007 09:20 AM
Kobarf
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Slaves: 0

RE: Kyte's Army Blog - (Updated:11/08/07)Kobarf 08-30-2007

Quote:
When Xander arrived, I realized that he was actually David Schwimmer (WTF?)

Okay this one really made me laugh!!
I thought your basing style was quite original so why change it? Not every cd army has to be based black ashes and lava..

Kobarf

You know what they say: the bigger the hat, the smaller the...
08-30-2007 09:49 AM
Dracomancer
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Slaves: 0

RE: Kyte's Army Blog - (Updated:11/08/07)Dracomancer 08-30-2007

catbarf Wrote:
Did you get really high before going to bed? That is one of the most fucked-up things I've heard in weeks Big Grin

Must be something in the water over in Denmark... Sick Tongue

Sign this petition to allow Chaos Dwarf armies in UK Grand Tournaments, because seriously, you might as well give a few seconds of your life to a good cause Wink
08-30-2007 12:43 PM
Kyte
Chaos Dwarf Hero

RE: Kyte's Army Blog - (Updated:11/08/07)Kyte 08-31-2007

Nope, I didn't get high. I don't even smoke...

Maybe I should reconsider the rebasing then.

Thanks

- Kyte

08-31-2007 09:50 AM
Canix
Spirit of Hashut

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 10

RE: Kyte's Army Blog - (Updated:11/08/07)Canix 08-31-2007

Dreams are cool if you keep a dream diary you will find yourself dreaming things that are to come not just things that are past or current( Try it if you dont believe me,a couple of months should do it) .If you cant remember your dreams try drinking glass of water before you sleep this should help waking in mid dream and take diary to the loo to fill in while you can remember.LOL Respect to the Hat!

Realists are hampered by there inability to comprehend the true nature of reality
The Pledge 2010:
Bought:11 Painted:12
08-31-2007 01:14 PM
Kyte
Chaos Dwarf Hero

RE: Kyte's Army Blog - (Updated:11/08/07)Kyte 08-31-2007

Canix Wrote:
Dreams are cool if you keep a dream diary you will find yourself dreaming things that are to come not just things that are past or current( Try it if you dont believe me,a couple of months should do it) .If you cant remember your dreams try drinking glass of water before you sleep this should help waking in mid dream and take diary to the loo to fill in while you can remember.LOL Respect to the Hat!

Cool, I will try that. Especially on my continuation school, where I don't have warhammer to do...

About the rebasing, it wouldn't work well. I find that my current basing works well to brighten up my quite dark colour scheme.

I'm also working on a converted marauder bazooka team conversion.

Thanks

- Kyte

08-31-2007 01:37 PM
The Evil Twin
Unregistered

RE: Kyte's Army Blog - (Updated:11/08/07)The Evil Twin 09-05-2007

by the gods make thos mumitraitors befor the world is going under!!!Big Grin

glad that ther is still some humans that have crasyer dreams then me Takes Hat off

This post was last modified: 09-05-2007 02:08 PM by The Evil Twin.

09-05-2007 02:05 PM
Rumi
Unregistered

RE: [08-11-2007] Kyte's Chaos Dwarf ArmyRumi 10-16-2007

May I ask how this marauder conversion is coming along? just read through you're blog and well done on getting such a great looking high point total army for so cheap. Only thing that I don't really like is the hogob bosses wolf, something is off. The fur maybe? I know you did it ages ago but I just read through you're blog as a whole Happy I agree with you on the bases. Although the bases you have at the moment look quite original and individual (in a good way, not a patronising way) On a table top that would look even more out of place than ash bases.

10-16-2007 06:50 AM
AGPO
BOAR CENTAUR!

Group: Retired Staff
Slaves: 1271

RE: [08-11-2007] Kyte's Chaos Dwarf ArmyAGPO 10-16-2007

All us bassists are crazy, glad to hear you're a fan of the police too! Takes Hat off

Check out my blogs!:
Chaos Dwarfs (6/6/09)Other shiny things (13/11/11)

I follow the Grumpy But Responsible Gamers' Charter. Join us!

Sojourn Wrote:
FYI Wilmark, the only alcohol I'm drinking is from that bucket

This post was last modified: 10-16-2007 08:08 AM by AGPO.

10-16-2007 08:07 AM
Kyte
Chaos Dwarf Hero

RE: [21-10-2007] Kyte's Chaos Dwarf ArmyKyte 10-21-2007

Sunday October 21st:

I find it embarrassing that I haven't posted for months. Many people might even have forgotten the blog.

But at my new school, I can't do any warhammer, but That doesn't matter. I can do what I want when I'm home on weekends.

Since summer, I've done a bit of stuff.

PS: And yes. 2 guys at the school play warhammer. My roomie plays Chaos (Tzeentch like me, but mortals) and another guy plays Empire. We decided not to bring any models though, because we found it too nerdy, but enough of that. On to the pics:

Oh... Before the pics, I'll just say that I brought my army and some random stuff to a thing called Giant Fanatic a couple of weeks ago, it's a kind of Danish Games Day, and I talked to some old Golden Daemon Winners (Tue Kaae and Jacob Nielsen). They really liked my Daemon prince, and they kept it in their showcase for like an hour! Woohoo!

First up is my painted warriors with shields. I think the fire on the standard turned out great. It's made of toilet paper soaked in superglue. It's an effect, that's very easy to aquire and it looks really good:

I have also made a new Sorceror. I My roomie, went to Giant Fanatic also, and we had a game there, and I realized that fire magic isn't enough, so I made a Metal Sorceror from an engeneer that I brought  a long time ago. I really like the gass-mask and the steampunk look. The bull-staff is going to be painted like marble.

I also made a Chaos Dwarf Bazooka team. This unit doesn't exist anymore, but they did back in 3rd edition:

This is the most interesting part of the update, a scratch-built Chaos Dwarf Juggernaut Siege Engine. The real model for this thing is probably one of the rarest of all GW models. It goes for like 2-300! Youch! Of course I wouldn't buy such one. I wouldn't even buy forgeworld rhinox riders, you know. The thing is made from plasticard, greenstuff, balsa, brownstuff and a lot of bits. All the levels and the 4 crewmen as well as the slave ogre are detachable for easier painting. The gun sticking out of its eues is a CSM Heavy Bolter. The crossbowmen aren't converted yet, and my favourite crewman is the gunner (The fat guy with the tool strapped to his belt:

Last and least, I went to a Police Reunion Concert back in september, and guess who caught Stewart Copeland's Drumstick! I mean what's the odds? A year and a half ago, I went to a Sting concert and I caught his plectrum, and a month after the police drumstick, I went to a concert with a Danish band called Nephew, and I also caught that drumstick. Either musicians hate me and throw things me on purpose, or I'm just very lucky!
Anyway here's a pic of the relic of Stewart Copeland. It's even signed!

Thanks

- Kyte

10-21-2007 01:45 PM
Hammerhand
Bull Centaur

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 14

RE: [21-10-2007] Kyte's Chaos Dwarf ArmyHammerhand 10-21-2007

You have so many cool things in your army, I would just love to see the whole lot when it's finished (unless it's one of those never ending project things!)

This just looks so awesome, a great centre piece

It's been a long time baby, but I guess the mark of Hashut just burns too deep.......
10-21-2007 02:01 PM
Pages (16): « First < Previous 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Tarrakk Blackhand's Painted Army (BLOG) Tarrakk Blackhand 49 21,474 05-14-2009 06:41 PM
Last Post: Kera foehunter

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites