Post Reply  Post Thread 
Pages (16): « First < Previous 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 Next > Last »
1 Votes - 5 Average   Kyte's Big Fat Blog - Painted Dunkleodon!
Author MessageKyte's Big Fat Blog - Painted Dunkleodon!
Knight Of Awsome
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 8

RE: [13-04-2008] Kyte's Armies and SculptsKnight Of Awsome 04-13-2008

How many days did it take you to finish one of the stinks?I like the one holding the ball, I cant wait to see them painted!

Nice jobCheers!

04-13-2008 05:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kyte
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 27

RE: [13-04-2008] Kyte's Armies and SculptsKyte 04-14-2008

Knight Of Awsome Wrote:
How many days did it take you to finish one of the stinks?I like the one holding the ball

I sculpted them both since tuesday last week, but I did do a lot of other stuff. I mainly spent my ceramics lessons sculpting.

I'd say it takes me 3 hours + drying time to finish a skink priest.

Quote:
I cant wait to see them painted!

That'll take a long while. I'm negociating with hasslefree on casting these, but they say that some stuff must be redone for better casting, so if they even buy them, they'll have to produce the minis, which would take a few months. If they don't buy them, I'll resin cast the models myself, and sell them over the internet.

Thanks

- Kyte

04-14-2008 03:37 AM
Canix
Spirit of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 10

RE: [13-04-2008] Kyte's Armies and SculptsCanix 04-14-2008

Loving the cthulu lizardmentypes their very nice .Wish i could get the hang of this sculpting ?casting thing Respect to the Hat!

Realists are hampered by there inability to comprehend the true nature of reality
The Pledge 2010:
Bought:11 Painted:12
04-14-2008 04:55 AM
xbullzx
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Slaves: 0

RE: [13-04-2008] Kyte's Armies and Sculptsxbullzx 04-20-2008

OMG your sculpts are mega i wish i could use green stuff like you (mine are just rubbish Respect to the Mask!)
I carnt wait to see all of those figgers painted.
Also i love those sea lizard men they look sooo better then the real lizard men, Im gonna see if i can make 1 but it will probaly look like a mutant fish man =(SorcererSorcererSorcerer

04-20-2008 04:19 PM
minty
Lammasu

RE: [13-04-2008] Kyte's Armies and Sculptsminty 04-20-2008

wow, kite's stuff is getting proefesional casting and selling, i am so jelous

me hate you, well not realy, your work is exclent

04-20-2008 05:32 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
furrie
hat lover

Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 243

RE: [13-04-2008] Kyte's Armies and Sculptsfurrie 04-21-2008

I hope the casting works. I wish my green was good enough to sell

My blog with big hatters

Hashut's Blessing Wrote:
I like big hats and I cannot lie, you other brothers can't deny, when a dwarf walks in with an iddy biddy thing and wears it on his head, you get sprung...

Kera foehunter Wrote:
But there is only one choice
Big hats anything else is just a emo Dwarf

04-21-2008 03:03 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gelli
Hobgoblin

Slaves: 1

RE: [13-04-2008] Kyte's Armies and SculptsGelli 04-21-2008

hey kyte! those immortals look ace and that champion looks so damn cool he could be a lord! Oh and on the buying front what's happening? will you or the shop be selling 'em? Would love to get hold of some of these beautiful minis

This post was last modified: 04-21-2008 04:53 AM by Gelli.

04-21-2008 04:50 AM
Narflung
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

RE: [13-04-2008] Kyte's Armies and SculptsNarflung 04-21-2008

Those priests are fantastic. You just keep getting better and better. You have seriously inspired me to keep trying. Thanks mate

04-21-2008 05:41 AM
Groovy cheetah
Hobgoblin

RE: [13-04-2008] Kyte's Armies and SculptsGroovy cheetah 04-21-2008

nice conversions i like the sorcerer it looks good. not to sure about a CD daemon prince but keep up the good work.

04-21-2008 09:34 AM
Kyte
Chaos Dwarf Hero

RE: [08-07-2008] Kyte's Armies and SculptsKyte 07-08-2008

I'm Back!

I'm sorry to have neglected Warhammer for the last few Months. Things have been busy at school, but I'm finished now, and I'll now be living at home again, which means that I can update this blog more often.

even though school has taken a lot of time, I have done something to my fishmen.

First is a scale shot that shows the size difference between my skink and Saurus stand ins.

It clearly shows that the saurus is a lot bigger than the Skink.

The next pic is a model I made for fun. It's a Night Goblin Shaman, who has just used a dispel scroll, and is giving the finger to the enemy. I have always wanted such a model.

Please note the tiny frog that's going on his base.

The third pic shows something extreme. Conversions of miniatures that I sculpted myself. That's a bit ironic in my eyes. The standard isn't finished yet. When it's finished, it will probably look like the Cthulhu Icon on the new DE corsairs.

Please post some ideas for the champion. Should I just convert another cast or sculpt an entirely different model?

By the way, would anyone be interested in buying any of these fish-saurus?

This is a picture of my 3rd and last Skink priest. It's meant to look like it's meditating.

Don't know if I should make him levitate or not. I think he looks more cute than deadly though.

This last pic is the main deal of the update. It's a so Called Behemoth Crab:

¨These guys will stand in as Kroxigors in my army. This cast had a major air bubble in the middle of the body, but I fixed it with some greenstuff. The Crab model comes in a sprue of 28 parts:

1 body
2 big claws
2 lower claw "fingers"
2 "Arms"
8 Mid leg sections
8 End Leg Sections
3 pairs Joints for claws and arms, of which you only need one pair, but you can make more varied poses with the different pairs. There's small, medium and large. I used medium in the pic.

I will avoid those big air bubbles in the casts i sell. I just didn't want to throw away the first cast made in the mold.

A crab will be £5, but it will include both a crab sprue and one Sea swarm sprue.

Thats all for now.

Thanks

- Kyte

07-08-2008 05:17 PM
Kera foehunter
Zharr Nauggund Alpha Female

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 153
Best Attitude - 2007 Best Attitude - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Best Attitude - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: [08-07-2008] Kyte\'s Armies and SculptsKera foehunter 07-09-2008

Wow that so cool i like the crab  kyte

The last of female chaos dwarf
07-09-2008 05:28 AM
Hashut's Blessing
The Cakily Blessed One

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 742
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Veteran Medal - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: [08-07-2008] Kyte's Armies and SculptsHashut's Blessing 07-09-2008

It's all looking good! Maybe for the champion, give him a different weapon, some spines (like a Lionfish) and/or a manta-ray like head... Just some ideas for you. Overall, everything looks good. the sculpting work on everything is exquisite and the crab is even more outstanding. I'm half-tempted to get one, but would have no use for it and no reason for it (not to metnion, I have no money). Excellent work!

Pledge: '09:+83 '10:+116 '11:+118 '12: N/A '13: N/A

WarplockMonkey Wrote:
After years of rigerous scientific reasearch, it has now been proven that there is a 50% chance that HB is 'in your fridge, eatin your cakez'.

07-09-2008 07:42 PM
Ishkur Cinderhat
The Arch Immortal

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 87
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2007 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: [08-07-2008] Kyte's Armies and SculptsIshkur Cinderhat 07-10-2008

Wow the crab is really cool. And I totally agree with HB in that your sculpting is very exquisite. I am looking forward to seeing how this project will progress. Takes Hat off

07-10-2008 06:36 AM
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 503
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: [08-07-2008] Kyte's Armies and SculptsXander 07-10-2008

Your skills keep improving, which is awesome.  I love that meditating guy, I would definitely make him levitate, and maybe even sit him on a mini Slann platform of sorts. Hehe.

Excellent work!

Join us on the new forum. Come help us test it out!
https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com
07-10-2008 08:16 AM
Hrothgar Goldgreed
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Market Rep: 10
Slaves: 1

RE: [08-07-2008] Kyte's Armies and SculptsHrothgar Goldgreed 07-10-2008

You don't happen to cast that awesome Goblin with his middlefinger up? Happy

A.k.a. Tungdil Goldhand (Bugmans Brewery)

07-10-2008 02:27 PM
Kyte
Chaos Dwarf Hero

RE: [08-07-2008] Kyte's Armies and SculptsKyte 07-10-2008

Hrothgar Goldgreed Wrote:
You don't happen to cast that awesome Goblin with his middlefinger up? Happy

I won't, but if a company offers to produce it for me, I'll let you know.

Thanks

- Kyte

07-10-2008 05:38 PM
adriaan
Slave

RE: [08-07-2008] Kyte's Armies and Sculptsadriaan 07-12-2008

you make great stuff man!
i realy love your cd army, and i like the fishes to!
You are a greenstuff genius to give it a name.
Make more stuff and keep up the good work!
a3aan

07-12-2008 12:18 PM
jester
Hobgoblin

RE: [08-07-2008] Kyte's Armies and Sculptsjester 08-23-2008

i love your work mate keep it up

EDIT: how about if you make like a giant octopus feeding on demons and have it with little fish spawning out of his tentacles?

Please do not double-post. ~Hashut's Blessing

This post was last modified: 08-28-2008 06:58 PM by Hashut's Blessing.

08-23-2008 02:53 AM
Kyte
Chaos Dwarf Hero

RE: [08-07-2008] Kyte's Armies and SculptsKyte 08-23-2008

jester Wrote:
how about if you make like a giant octopus feeding on demons and have it with?

I'm not sure what you mean about little fish spawning out of his tentacles, but A Kraken (Giant Octopus) is deffinately in the pipeline.

Thanks

- Kyte

08-23-2008 06:21 AM
Kyte
Chaos Dwarf Hero

RE: [26-08-2008] Kyte's Armies and SculptsKyte 08-26-2008

As always I'm back after a while with new models for you to look at. I don't have much else to say except that everything's going okay, though I'm dying from missing my old bording school, now when I'm home again. Also, Troll Forged Miniatures (http://www.trollsforge.com/) has offered to cast all my fishman greens (Except for the ones I already cast myself).

This month's update includes:

Behemoth Crab Unit 1&2:

Unit 1:

Unit 2:

This shows how much diversion you can make with the Behemoth Crab Kit. These were all cast in resin by me. As said earlier, they will be used as Kroxigors in a Lizardman Army, and Behemoth Crabs in the experimental Fishman rules found in the rules developement section.

I've also made another Deep One/Skink:

Pretty much like the old one. Just another pose. I'll make Javelin/Shield options for both sculpts later on.

I've also edited the meditating Cthulhu Priest, so that it now has a tail, and is levitating due to the trance:

I think it now has a lot more character, and is nothing like any other model out there... I think it will only be available in a Deal including a bunch of Fishmen, but I could be wrong... We haven't decided yet.

Another long expected model is the Cthulhu High Priest, or Slann on Foot:

It's meant to look like it's casting a spell. I'll make another one on a Leviathan (Sea Dragon) but later on. Please note the staff, and the fact that it's the same design as the staves of all my Cthulhu Priests.

This is by Far my pride and joy of mu sculpts so far. It's my first mointed model, and the first mounted model to be released by Troll Forged Miniatures, I present you - Cthulhu Priest on Skyray:

The ray is completely smooth IRL, and has been filed with a dremel tool. I really hope that Lizardman characters will get the option of a Terradon Mount in the next edition of the book, otherwise people will have to use the rules for that Laustria Special Character, The Oracle of Kroak or make some house rules. A Priest on a Skyray is indeed a valid option in the unofficial fishman book.

Last and probably least is a little WIP, A Man O' War:

I had to include a scale picture for you. This bugger is going to be Huge. When finished, it will look much like a cross between a Portuguese Man O' War and a Tyranid Spore Mine. It will be cast in Clear resin, to make it look more jelly fishy.
In Lizardman Armies, it could be a Salamander (Long thin near invisible tentacles for the flaming attack) Or indeed as a Man O' War in the unofficial Fishman List

Coming next is the finished Man O' War, Sea Swarms Mk2, a Winged Cthulhu Priest and some Ray'ders (Terradon Riders)

Thanks

- Kyte

08-26-2008 02:13 PM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Tarrakk Blackhand's Painted Army (BLOG) Tarrakk Blackhand 49 21,475 05-14-2009 06:41 PM
Last Post: Kera foehunter

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites