Pages (9): « First [1] 2 3 4 5 Next > Last »
Golden Hat #9
Author MessageGolden Hat #9
Willmark
Dark Shogun of Hashut

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 1179
Artisan's Contest - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Overall Member - 2007 Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS                               
Golden Hat #9Willmark 05-06-2009

Welcome to the 9th Golden Hat competition of Chaos Dwarfs Online!

By popular demand the Staff are pleased to announce the following competition for the 9th Golden Hat miniature contest:
Create a Bull Centaur!

Subject Matter
Create a Bull Centaur

So what do we mean by this?

Create a Chaos Dwarf single miniature themed on a 'Bull Centaur'.

Unlike some of our Golden Hat themes there are several ways you can interpret this.  So you can make:
- Bull Centaur Lord
- Bull Centaur Hero (can be a Battle Standard Bearer if you wish)
- Bull Centaur (a command model if you prefer)
- A 'Bull Centaur' themed special character.

I have tried to leave this as open as possible within the theme, so if people want to create something completely new they can.  Remember of course that we will all interpret the 'Bull Centaur' theme in a different way, so hopefully our entries will not all look the same!

Basing
In the past we may have insisted that a model like this should be based on a game legal base.  For this one (and maybe more), your entry can be based based on a circular display base if you prefer (up to 50mm), a cavalry base, or maybe even a 20mm x 40mm base (Wink).  Doing it this way opens it up to really show off more about your model, but (being a single miniature) it cannot be in combat with anything else on the base.  Bodies incorporated into the base etc are ok.

Particulars
Due Date: 11:59 PM 29th June 2009 EST (Eastern Standard Timezone)
Subject Matter:  Create a 'Bull Centaur'

What is the deadline?
Once again same basic premise as previous Golden Hats; send all entries to the Golden Hat account no later 11:59 PM 29th June 2009 (Eastern Standard Timezone). Entries will not be accepted after that date and time regardless of how cool your submission is. (Around 8 weeks to complete your entry).

If for some reason you are having trouble with your submission, contact one of the Staff. in order to avoid problems. I "highly advise" that entrants do not wait until the very last minute to submit their entries...

How to Enter
Upload up to 4 photos of your entries to the internet.  Next, send a PM to Golden Hat (a special user that all Staff have access to) containing the links where the pictures can be found. (Note: This is the same as previous Golden Hats).

If you win:
- Rightly take your place in the Golden Hat Hall of Fame, where your glory will be remembered for years to come.
- Receive the Golden Hat medal for your online persona *
- Everyone who enters gets a number of slaves equal to the number of entries. If 50 people enter we award 50 slaves to each person who entered.

*= As with previous Golden Hats; if there are more then 10 entrants the silver and bronze Golden Hat Medals will be awarded as well.

As usual once all entries are received a thread will be created for voting. And as always if there are any questions please PM me, another Staff member or post them here.

My Want List / My Trade List

This post was last modified: 07-22-2009 01:28 PM by Xander.

05-06-2009 09:14 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Swissdictator
Hashut's Code Monkey

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 1348
Best General - 2008 Best General - 2009 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best General - 2010                               
RE: Golden Hat IXSwissdictator 05-06-2009

AWESOME! Perfect timing for this too!

I shall begin my evil project!

*cackles maniacly on the way to the painting table*

FORGET AoS. Whoever designed it isn't fit to pour [water] out of a boot with instructions written under the heel.

This post was last modified: 05-06-2009 09:23 PM by Swissdictator.

05-06-2009 09:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GRNDL
The Last Word of Hashut and Mediocrity

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 158
Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat IXGRNDL 05-06-2009

Meh.  I think I'm going to have a hard time putting in a greenskin for this comp.

Takes Hat off GRNDL's CD Army Blog  

05-06-2009 10:34 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Joshmohr
Bull Centaur

Group: Dawi Zharr
Slaves: 65

RE: Golden Hat IXJoshmohr 05-06-2009

Good...Good....

I shall begin! *Crackles madly, hissing, and foaming at the mouth*

What signature?
05-06-2009 11:23 PM
tjub
Hat or Die!

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1308
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver x2 Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat IXtjub 05-07-2009

Ah, cool... Ive already got an idea! Happy

Chaos Dwarf Army Blog
Other creations

GDD Wrote:
"And then children, Tjub spent 78 pages perfecting his fireborn. For such is the struggle of a CD player with a thematic army."

05-07-2009 01:47 AM
Servius
Bull Centaur

Slaves: 186
Artisan's Contest - Gold Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: Golden Hat IXServius 05-07-2009

Your all doomed..

05-07-2009 03:30 AM
Loki
Wearer of the Big Hat

Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 269
Best Attitude - 2009 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat IXLoki 05-07-2009

at last i have a use for that spare bull centaur that i have had laying around for so long now Happy

Fequiil Said
------------------------------------------------
yeah, everybody can just say that, but when loki speaks...
everything is different.Wink

05-07-2009 03:36 AM
warh
Lammasu

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 267
Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS                               
RE: Golden Hat IXwarh 05-07-2009

now i got a good reason to do my bull centaursHappy

"In White Dwarf We Trust"

05-07-2009 03:59 AM
clam
Slave to Darkness

Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 1251
Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat IXclam 05-07-2009

Awesome Takes Hat off

- but the stupid dane needs some clarification on this:

Willmark Wrote:
I have tried to leave this as open as possible within the theme, so if people want to create something completely new they can.  Remember of course that we will all interpret the 'Bull Centaur' theme in a different way, so hopefully our entries will not all look the same!

Do this "something completly new" means that I can do something thats not a Bull-body/dwarf torso creature - like boar centaurs, spider centaures ect. - or could I even do some kind of cavalry looking figure - like a dwarf riding a cool monster? as long as I keep it on a 50x25mm base?

Clam's Coloured Classic Collection

Follow Clamshells on Facebook
05-07-2009 04:09 AM
furrie
hat lover

Slaves: 243

RE: Golden Hat IXfurrie 05-07-2009

I have the same question as clam, if the answer is yes I have a very cool idea for the comp Tongue

My blog with big hatters

Hashut's Blessing Wrote:
I like big hats and I cannot lie, you other brothers can't deny, when a dwarf walks in with an iddy biddy thing and wears it on his head, you get sprung...

Kera foehunter Wrote:
But there is only one choice
Big hats anything else is just a emo Dwarf

05-07-2009 04:51 AM
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

Slaves: 444
Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best Contributor - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat IXThommy H 05-07-2009

Well the competition is for a Bull Centaur... Clue's in the name, guys.

Serial Writist - lots and lots of short fiction, written by me, regularly updated.

My models:
The Legion of Astragoth | The Dark Crusade of Mousillon | The Destroyer Cult | Les Défenseurs du Béniterre | Storm Over Béniterre | Force Belial

My rules:
Chaos Dwarfs Warscroll Compendium

05-07-2009 04:59 AM
fondu77
Hobgoblin

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 0

RE: Golden Hat IXfondu77 05-07-2009

"I'll be there" quoted a bad song

05-07-2009 05:13 AM
Kera foehunter
Zharr Nauggund Alpha Female

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 153
Best Attitude - 2007 Best Attitude - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Best Attitude - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat IXKera foehunter 05-07-2009

sound great !!!!    i get cracking

The last of female chaos dwarf

This post was last modified: 05-07-2009 06:44 AM by Kera foehunter.

05-07-2009 06:43 AM
clam
Slave to Darkness

Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold                               

Thommy H Wrote:
Well the competition is for a Bull Centaur... Clue's in the name, guys.

Well as said I'm stupid - but to me it says 'Bull Centaur' and not plain Bull Centaur. The plings could indicate that 'count as' would/could be accepted. In danish that is of course.

So for the non english guys here - can it be a bit more accurate? Can it be a count as BC model? - or shall it have a bull body/dwarf torso?

This post was last modified: 05-07-2009 08:00 AM by clam.

05-07-2009 06:47 AM
Thorne
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Slaves: 300
Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: Golden Hat IXThorne 05-07-2009

Cheers! today I begin what I have wanted to do for such a long time. Today I begin my Chaos dwarves ! (starting with the bull centuar that is)

1, Come see things the space dwarf way.

2, My bases and scenic store

3, My spectre scenic products blog.
05-07-2009 06:54 AM
ryanamandaanna
Great Taurus

Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 232
Golden Hat - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Silver                               
RE: Golden Hat IXryanamandaanna 05-07-2009

Ugh.  I just finished a unit of 5 Bull Centaurs...  I guess now I have an excuse to work on a Hero...

05-07-2009 09:50 AM
Pyro Stick
Wizard of the Glen

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 931
Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat IXPyro Stick 05-07-2009

Ill just be entering a normal Bull Centaur as ive got about 7 needing painted up. I would have preferred this to have been for more than one Bull Centaur though.

My Chaos Dwarf Collection: GHXXVI

05-07-2009 10:36 AM
clam
Slave to Darkness

Pyro Stick Wrote:
Ill just be entering a normal Bull Centaur as ive got about 7 needing painted up. I would have preferred this to have been for more than one Bull Centaur though.

Register - 6 more times then - and you can enter all 7 Wink

05-07-2009 11:10 AM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 1177
Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat IXZanko 05-07-2009

May Hashut bless my work - count me in! Takes Hat off

The "stupid" German has also a question ... Wink

can we use a "normal" Bull Centaur model or must we create a complete new model from different bits?

Hashut!

"Frurndar are still existing!"
               The Lizard King 

05-07-2009 11:27 AM
Hashut's Blessing
The Cakily Blessed One

Group: Mods of Hashut
Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 731
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Veteran Medal - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: Golden Hat IXHashut's Blessing 05-07-2009

Mwahahahaha. I have two to make (well, 6, but two to make for this) and so I have double the chance of not winning Big Grin Of course I can only enter one, but it;s a case of choosing between classic character or self-made (idea stolen elsewhere) unit command? Well, we'll see which I decide is more worthwhile.

Pledge: '09:+83 '10:+116 '11:+118 '12: N/A '13: N/A

WarplockMonkey Wrote:
After years of rigerous scientific reasearch, it has now been proven that there is a 50% chance that HB is 'in your fridge, eatin your cakez'.

05-07-2009 11:55 AM
Pages (9): « First [1] 2 3 4 5 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites