Tournament questions.
Author MessageTournament questions.
dedwrekka
Bull Centaur Hero

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 29

Tournament questions.dedwrekka 06-20-2009

Has anyone here had any trouble getting their army accepted into tournaments?
How do your local tournaments react to non-GW models in Warhammer games?
Have you ever had an issue with playing Chaos Dwarfs in a tournament?

->Hashnahet's Immortals Army Blog
06-20-2009 10:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BilboBaggins
Lammasu

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 19

RE: Tournament questions.BilboBaggins 06-20-2009

I haven't had problems running Chaos Dwarfs in tourneys yet.

If it's a GW store or run tourney they will not let you run models made by other companies. If it's independent then you probably will not have a problem.

The only real problem armies in GW stores is Dogs of War and the Storm of Chaos Lists. Chaos Dwarfs could be a problem but they don't give me any trouble as the GW store I play in.

The best thing to do is ask the tournament organizer for a ruling before you make you list and sign up. I know this years Midwest Rampage (an Indy tourney) allowed Chaos Dwarfs and were allowing SOC armies on a selected basis, they wanted to see your list to make sure it wasn't nuts. I'm guessing the 18 Doomseeker Slayer army would be shot down (as it should be) Big Grin

Keeper of the lost pdf's of GW.

06-20-2009 11:32 PM
dedwrekka
Bull Centaur Hero

Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 29

RE: Tournament questions.dedwrekka 06-20-2009

I'm just really wondering if the conversions for my Chaos Dwarf army that use models and parts from other manufacturers would be accepted. I'd hate to make this great effort in making an army that I really like the look of to just wind up not being able to play it in anything but my LGS. Not that I'll be playing in many tourneys, but I'd like to be able to participate in the odd one here and there.

->Hashnahet's Immortals Army Blog
06-20-2009 11:53 PM
Border Reiver
Lammasu

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 64
Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: Tournament questions.Border Reiver 06-20-2009

Like Bilbo, I haven't had any problems with playing CDs in either a tournament or a store since 6th ed began.  In fact the local GW store has been quite supportive in allowing me to playtest the Indy GT rules in store.

But if you have any questions I would strongly recommend checking with your tournament organizers if you have any doubts if they will be allowed.

Questions, comments, criticisms, bitches, complaints, rude gestures and/or remarks.
06-20-2009 11:53 PM
Swissdictator
Hashut's Code Monkey

Group: Retired Staff
Slaves: 1348
Best General - 2008 Best General - 2009 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best General - 2010                               
RE: Tournament questions.Swissdictator 06-21-2009

dedwrekka Wrote:
Has anyone here had any trouble getting their army accepted into tournaments?
How do your local tournaments react to non-GW models in Warhammer games?
Have you ever had an issue with playing Chaos Dwarfs in a tournament?

Having taken them to many tournaments in the last year...

Around me, every tournament I know of is more than happy to see Chaos Dwarfs! The Rockford, IL store loves the fact I bring them. They opened up around Christmas, and for their first tournament I asked if I could bring them, they said as long as I bring the rules and a copy for them they'd be cool with it. Now they're a staple at the tournament. Same goes for the Chicago Battle Bunker.

They either don't notice or don't care. Doesn't really seem to be a problem, especially if it some of the lesser known companies (like the Impact minis I use for my Bull Centaurs).

I've never really had an issue. The 'worst' is some mild teasing, but it is meant in a friendly/jovial manner.
   Edit: With one exception. Some power player jerk who was trying to compare a High Elf Star Dragon and unkillable rider to my Lord and Taurus saying they are equal and that I "shouldn't play an older list and complain about cheese"... he wasn't saying I was cheesey... but basically blaming the overpowering cheese being not his fault, but my fault.   Yeah... I have the guy a 0 sports.

FORGET AoS. Whoever designed it isn't fit to pour [water] out of a boot with instructions written under the heel.

This post was last modified: 06-21-2009 12:43 AM by Swissdictator.

06-21-2009 12:29 AM
BilboBaggins
Lammasu

RE: Tournament questions.BilboBaggins 06-21-2009

Showing up with Chaos Dwarfs is a good way to get lots of attention at the game table. I haven't played a tourney in years but when I show up with them at the GW store there is always a crowd.

06-21-2009 12:36 AM
Swissdictator
Hashut's Code Monkey

Group: Retired Staff
Slaves: 1348
Best General - 2008 Best General - 2009 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best General - 2010                               
RE: Tournament questions.Swissdictator 06-21-2009

So very true, people always think they are cool. I went to a tournament in Cedar Rapids, where I haven't had them make an appearance yet. People thought it was awesome. Same type of thing goes on in the Rockford store and battle bunker.

FORGET AoS. Whoever designed it isn't fit to pour [water] out of a boot with instructions written under the heel.
06-21-2009 12:45 AM
BilboBaggins
Lammasu

RE: Tournament questions.BilboBaggins 06-21-2009

Questions and Comments I hear.

What are they? Chaos Dwarfs
You have rules? Yes (I pull out Ravening Hordes and printed pdfs.)
Can I buy them? Only on ebay, I don't think they have the models in MD anymore.
Are they coming out with a new book? I sure hope so.
If they do I start that army.

06-21-2009 12:50 AM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites