Author MessageAncre's Mordheim log !
Ancre
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 0

Ancre's Mordheim log !Ancre 07-05-2009

Look what I got yesterday in the mail Big Grin

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/7788/p7050057.jpg (Links lead to better detailled (and huge) pictures.)

With evil dwarves in it ! Mad

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/8864/p7050058.jpg

They are the dwarves of the black mountain from Black Tree Design. I intend to make a mordheim warband out of them, so I will have to convert one to be a priest and one to be a bull centaur (I don't know how I am going to do it for this one ...). I will probably swap and redo a lot of weapons and see if I can model a blunderbuss or two.

Originally I did not intended to have a special chaos dwarf mordheim warband, but then I saw these miniatures and I just loved them. They look like fairy-folks gone bad, and I think they will do nice chaos dwarves, even if they're unorthodox looking, without huge hats or a steampunk feeling.

I also bought drunken dwarves for my good dwarf warband, and a warlock (hired sword mage) because I liked the figurine :

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/7546/p7050063.jpg

I don't know how I am going to do the informers, I have an idea but I can't find any model that will look good. As they are slaves being fooled by their cruel masters, I wanted to have a group of models from a lot of different races that could be enslaved by the dawi zharr : an ungor, a human, a greenskin (probably a goblin or a hobgoblin), and I don't know for the other ones. Maybe a dwarf, and a hobbit. If I can't find minis that I like, I will search something like greenskins that could fit well with those dwarves.

Apologies for the huge and not so good images, it's the first time I take pictures of minis, and I am not used to work with pictures on the computer. I will try to paint them (I have yet to figure out a scheme ! ) and hopefully next images will look better !

Ancre's Chaos dwarves Mordheim warband !

This post was last modified: 07-05-2009 08:54 AM by Ancre.

07-05-2009 08:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1549
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Golden Hat - Silver Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2018                               
RE: Ancre's Mordheim log !tjub 07-05-2009

Hehe, gnomish dwarfs! Really cool models, looking forward to see what you do with them... Happy

Intro to 15mm Kings of War
My CDO blog containing all things Chaos Dwarf.
My various other hobby projects on Instagram.
Follow Admiralty Miniatures on Facebook!

07-05-2009 10:17 AM
Kera foehunter
Zharr Nauggund Alpha Female

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 153
Best Attitude - 2007 Best Attitude - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Best Attitude - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: Ancre's Mordheim log !Kera foehunter 07-05-2009

Ancre that cool i like there axes and talll hats

The last of female chaos dwarf
07-05-2009 01:20 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jaakko
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Slaves: 3

RE: Ancre's Mordheim log !Jaakko 07-05-2009

Really nice models! You should be able to make a good-looking warband out of these.

I accidentally the whole Chaos Dwarf army.

07-05-2009 01:52 PM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 1391
Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze                               
RE: Ancre's Mordheim log !Zanko 07-05-2009

I'm really curious how you will convert and paint these minis.

The reason (why I have my doubts) is IMO they look a little bit silly, like typical German "Gartenzwerge" ...

So good luck and cool inspirations! Wink

Hashut!

"Frurndar are still existing!"
               The Lizard King 

This post was last modified: 07-06-2009 12:04 AM by Zanko.

07-05-2009 01:58 PM
Hazkar
Great Taurus

Slaves: 148

RE: Ancre's Mordheim log !Hazkar 07-05-2009

nice models
cant wait to see them finished
they will make a cool looking warband

07-05-2009 02:07 PM
clam
Slave to Darkness

Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 1264
Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Ancre's Mordheim log !clam 07-06-2009

Yeah! really looking forward following this.

And yes, these Black Tree miniatures may be a bit cartoon-ish - but I'm sure a bit of GS could change that! Think that they could easily be made into dwarf cultist ('Cult of the possessed' look-a-likes) or other evil stunties with a bit of conversion.

Clam's Coloured Classic Collection

Follow Clamshells on Facebook
07-06-2009 04:28 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kefas
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Slaves: 13
Golden Hat - Bronze                               
RE: Ancre's Mordheim log !kefas 07-06-2009

if u'll convert those BTD dwarfs will be nice mordheim unit.. those models are intersted

07-06-2009 04:34 AM
Ancre
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Slaves: 0

RE: Ancre's Mordheim log !Ancre 07-09-2009

Thank you all for your comments Happy

Zanko Wrote:
I'm really curious how you will convert and paint these minis.

The reason (why I have my doubts) is IMO they look a little bit silly, like typical German "Gartenzwerge" ...

ROFL I typed gartenzwerge on internet and you are right they do look like evil garden gnomes (I think that's the english for it - it's "nains de jardins" in french, that's all I'm sure of ...). But I think it's only the hoods on a dwarf that gives them this look.

Anyways, you and clam are right, they are a bit cartoonish ! But I like this look. They'll also endure my first greenstuff experiments, and greenstuff is hard to wield, so I think they won't change that much ... but I hope they will please you enough !

Here comes an update :

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/6572/nainsdeface.jpg

The one on the left had some sort of circle around his hood, so I greenstuffed it into a helmet - it is now a complete circle with a nose protection. I quite like it, this one was easy to do. The ring will be painted metal.

The one on the right had a plain boring hood so I at first wanted to do a ring around it like the first one have. But he turned out to have a thick hat folded outside, it will be painted blue like the hood.

Two more photos of him (the second one is blurry, sorry ! I do hope I will handle that camera well before posting painting pictures !) :

I touched up the greenstuff a little bit since the pictures, it looks better now on the back, and I think it is be smooth enough now. I passed quite a lot of time on it ! Sorcerer

Voila ! Thank you for reading ! Ancre Cheers!

Ancre's Chaos dwarves Mordheim warband !

This post was last modified: 07-09-2009 12:15 PM by Ancre.

07-09-2009 12:14 PM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites