Great Taurus

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 148

RE: The Word of Hashut - Issue #5Hazkar 07-08-2009

kerbak Wrote:
i cant download it on any of the 3 versions

Help please Sad

looks like im not the only one...welcome to the club Cheers!

This post was last modified: 07-08-2009 03:05 PM by Hazkar.

07-08-2009 03:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cornixt
Brewer of Daemonic Beer

Group: Hashut's Admin
Slaves: 1302
Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Attitude - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: The Word of Hashut - Issue #5cornixt 07-08-2009

On some PCs it takes a while for it to do anything because it is downloading the file (which is big, so take a few minutes). So if you click on the links it might look like nothing is happening when in fact it is downloading in the background. Click on it and leave it for a while (try the smallest one first)

There's a lot more in the wiki than you think, check out the wiki contents

Like a Great Taurus in a Cathay shop.

"No Mr Bond, I expect you to k'daii."
07-08-2009 04:12 PM
Gaixo
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Slaves: 2

RE: The Word of Hashut - Issue #5Gaixo 07-08-2009

Willmark Wrote:

Gaixo Wrote:
Unsure Never mind, who cares.

Did you need help with something????

Also I noticed a few other things I'll try to get fixed tonight.

I guess that after last issue, when I noted that my formatting had been erased and reapplied incorrectly, you might have checked with me before just guessing again. I feel like I've always been as accessible and helpful as possible, so it's a little bit frustrating to me. It's also disheartening, because my writing is evidently of such a poor quality that the editorial staff can't tell which bits are "in character" and which aren't. Sad

07-08-2009 04:55 PM
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 444
Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best Contributor - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: The Word of Hashut - Issue #5Thommy H 07-08-2009

Things like formatting can get lost in translation - I formatted things differently in my campaign pack than they ended up in the magazine. I like my way better, but it's no big deal: I understand editorial fiat. When the editors are dealing with a webzine that's over 100 pages in length, and have to secure articles, artwork, etc. for it, I'm thinking they probably don't have time to check every detail of every article. They do the best job they can, and it's not like they get paid.

Serial Writist - lots and lots of short fiction, written by me, regularly updated.

My models:
The Legion of Astragoth | The Dark Crusade of Mousillon | The Destroyer Cult | Les Défenseurs du Béniterre | Storm Over Béniterre | Force Belial

My rules:
Chaos Dwarfs Warscroll Compendium

07-08-2009 05:24 PM
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 1178
Artisan's Contest - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Overall Member - 2007 Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS                               
RE: The Word of Hashut - Issue #5Willmark 07-08-2009

Gaixo Wrote:

Willmark Wrote:

Gaixo Wrote:
Unsure Never mind, who cares.

Did you need help with something????

Also I noticed a few other things I'll try to get fixed tonight.

I guess that after last issue, when I noted that my formatting had been erased and reapplied incorrectly, you might have checked with me before just guessing again. I feel like I've always been as accessible and helpful as possible, so it's a little bit frustrating to me. It's also disheartening, because my writing is evidently of such a poor quality that the editorial staff can't tell which bits are "in character" and which aren't. Sad

Umm Dude you're reading way to much into this. In fact under submissions guidelines we prefer it unformatted, in fact 12 point type single spaced would be awesome... That's rarely what I get.

Additionally you're going from a word processor file to a design app: in can inherit a lot from the Word doc but that is a another issue all together. In fact Word carries forward a lot of stuff I dont want.

Next as Thommy correctly points out it's hard with how big this is getting (future issues will be smaller),but this isn't my life, however it sure feels like it...

With all that said, no intentional slight is meant, it is what it is: trying to manage getting this all done on nights and weekends, sometimes up very late as many people can attest to. I give up a lot of sleep to do this, I give up a lot of free time, I'm not complaining, but put it in perspective. If there are things you'd like tweaked in terms of formatting that's fine, most likely lost in the shuffle.

PM me as I'll be working on some other corrections later tonight.

My Want List / My Trade List

This post was last modified: 07-08-2009 11:14 PM by Willmark.

07-08-2009 05:37 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cornixt
Brewer of Daemonic Beer

Slaves: 1302
Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Attitude - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: The Word of Hashut - Issue #5cornixt 07-08-2009

Sometimes things get missed, mistakes are made, copy and pasting from the wrong file, etc. Given the size of the work, I'm surprised Willmark doesn't make more mistakes, he does such a great job.

I'm always worried when I edit someone's article that I will misinterpret something, read it wrong, and change it's intended meaning. On the other hand, if we don't edit them to read clearly, follow normal conventions, then the magazine looks bad. There are so many great ideas out there, we don't want to turn them down, but equally we can't spend huge amounts of time making corrections. For any magazine, newspaper, etc, the writers are always at the mercy of the editors, who don't have the time or energy to discuss changes for everything they edit.

There's a lot more in the wiki than you think, check out the wiki contents

Like a Great Taurus in a Cathay shop.

"No Mr Bond, I expect you to k'daii."
07-08-2009 07:59 PM
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

Artisan's Contest - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Overall Member - 2007 Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS                               
RE: The Word of Hashut - Issue #5Willmark 07-08-2009

Kerbak and Hazkar check your PMs.

07-08-2009 11:40 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hazkar
Great Taurus

Slaves: 148

RE: The Word of Hashut - Issue #5Hazkar 07-09-2009

Willmark Wrote:
Kerbak and Hazkar check your PMs.

didnt get one...

07-09-2009 08:04 AM
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

RE: The Word of Hashut - Issue #5Willmark 07-09-2009

K I'll pm later this evening my time.

07-09-2009 11:04 AM
snowblizz
Chaos Dwarf Comedian

Slaves: 738

RE: The Word of Hashut - Issue #5snowblizz 07-09-2009

On page 12 the text appears to cut of and part of a sentence has disappeared.

Quote:
So what’s up next? Well for starters the Fall Issue of the
Word of Hashut is slated for late September. I have
been working on the layout and have been working on

I'm dying to know what Willmark is working on! Wink

At beta: WarFoundry armylist application (cross-platform, multi-system and open source)
WarFoundry datafile group (Big Hattiest datafile group in the world)
07-09-2009 03:43 PM
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

RE: The Word of Hashut - Issue #5Willmark 07-09-2009

Corrections made and re uploaded.

07-09-2009 11:11 PM
Gundini
Hobgoblin

Slaves: 0

RE: The Word of Hashut - Issue #5Gundini 07-09-2009

Love the story of Gozzadini and Khazahn its like an evil Gotrek and Felix  I look forward too it every time. epicly awesome

JD: "Have you been drinking?"
Janitor: "I'm not drunk"
07-09-2009 11:54 PM
Kera foehunter
Zharr Nauggund Alpha Female

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 153
Best Attitude - 2007 Best Attitude - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Best Attitude - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: The Word of Hashut - Issue #5Kera foehunter 07-10-2009

This is to funny !! most of the time i have trouble getting it . but i got it down loaded  the first time!!

The last of female chaos dwarf
07-10-2009 05:27 AM
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best Contributor - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: The Word of Hashut - Issue #5Thommy H 07-10-2009

Gundini Wrote:
Love the story of Gozzadini and Khazahn its like an evil Gotrek and Felix  I look forward too it every time. epicly awesome

Yeah, I realised the parallels about halfway through, so I had to throw in a nod at the end. This story is over now, but I expect they'll have more tales to tell in the future. I also have some plans to make some miniatures of them and I'm wondering if I can persuade Willmark to let me include some Dogs of War rules for them in a future WoH...

Serial Writist - lots and lots of short fiction, written by me, regularly updated.

My models:
The Legion of Astragoth | The Dark Crusade of Mousillon | The Destroyer Cult | Les Défenseurs du Béniterre | Storm Over Béniterre | Force Belial

My rules:

07-10-2009 06:03 AM
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

RE: The Word of Hashut - Issue #5Willmark 07-10-2009

Dogs of War in terms of them  for hire with Chaos Dwarfs or in general Dogs of War rules? If So the folks over at http://www.dogsofwaronline.com might wnat some of of your rules of a future  issue of Gold and Glory... Happy

07-10-2009 07:21 AM
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

RE: The Word of Hashut - Issue #5Thommy H 07-10-2009

I'm not sure Chaos Dwarfs would hire them, sadly, but obviously since they appeared in a series of stories in WoH, it would be a bit bizarre to include their rules in another webzine.

My models:

My rules:

07-10-2009 07:55 AM
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

RE: The Word of Hashut - Issue #5Willmark 07-10-2009

Fair enough PM me and let me know when you are ready.

07-10-2009 10:10 AM
kerbak
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Slaves: 36

RE: The Word of Hashut - Issue #5kerbak 07-10-2009

YEAHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Finally, thanks to Willmark I could Download it,,,

Now let see the Issue #5

Kerbak´s blog
http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...p?tid=5572
07-10-2009 10:44 AM
Kera foehunter
Zharr Nauggund Alpha Female

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 153
Best Attitude - 2007 Best Attitude - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Best Attitude - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: The Word of Hashut - Issue #5Kera foehunter 07-10-2009

Willmark Wrote:
Dogs of War in terms of them  for hire with Chaos Dwarfs or in general Dogs of War rules? If So the folks over at http://www.dogsofwaronline.com might wnat some of of your rules of a future  issue of Gold and Glory... Happy

I call shenanigans!! Promoting one site  !! on another site
you must buy everone a drink willmarkTakes Hat off

The last of female chaos dwarf
07-10-2009 02:30 PM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Word of Hashut # 12 Hashut's Blessing 42 28,947 06-05-2012 04:25 PM
Last Post: Baggronor
  The Word of Hashut- Issue #11 Willmark 25 19,815 02-21-2011 11:33 AM
Last Post: Nicodemus
  The Word of Hashut- Issue #10 Willmark 43 27,765 11-04-2010 06:04 AM
Last Post: vulcanologist
  The Word of Hashut- Issue #9 Willmark 30 24,194 08-12-2010 04:57 AM
Last Post: Skink
  The Word of Hashut- Issue #8 Willmark 44 36,149 05-03-2010 04:11 PM