Post Reply  Post Thread 
New on board, first Chaos Dwarf.
Author MessageNew on board, first Chaos Dwarf.
Multifarious
Unregistered

New on board, first Chaos Dwarf.Multifarious 07-07-2007

Hello, this is my converted Sorceror on a little mini diorama I made for him. As you can probably see, he is quite a high level one, as his hands are already stone, and, though you cannot see it, the stone is also at around midchest. The skull on the pointy stick is his former master, who had an unfortunate accident, leading to them being unable to find anything but his head. See if you can guess the pieces. Apologies for the photo angles. I would like some constructive criticism.

-TMW.

2017 Image Salvage

This post was last modified: 08-08-2017 07:16 AM by Admiral.

07-07-2007 01:58 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Arashi
Unregistered

RE: New on board, first Chaos Dwarf.Arashi 07-07-2007

Cant see the picture Sad

07-07-2007 02:11 PM
grom
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 0
Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: New on board, first Chaos Dwarf.grom 07-07-2007

hmmm... u forgot about something Wink

CMON - mine and my friend works
07-07-2007 02:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Multifarious
Unregistered

RE: New on board, first Chaos Dwarf.Multifarious 07-07-2007

grom Wrote:
hmmm... u forgot about something Wink

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8732199@N08...685966960/

Oops.

07-07-2007 02:21 PM
Khan!
Bull Centaur

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 35
Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS                               
RE: New on board, first Chaos Dwarf.Khan! 07-07-2007

That's pretty cool, I quite like it!  The size of the face is a bit exaggerated, but that doesn't really bother me.  When I saw the first picture I immediately thought "dang! Well done!"  Regarding constructive criticism, I'm not sure I like how the skulls turned out.  It's hard to tell what colours you used, but my suggestion is to try blending up from a brown to a bone, as opposed to a grey.  I figure that one's mostly just personal preference tho.

Nice work!

Me and Avalokitesvara - we're pals, see?
07-07-2007 06:13 PM
Multifarious
Unregistered

RE: New on board, first Chaos Dwarf.Multifarious 07-07-2007

It is painted to be stone. In better detail, or in person you can see that it is the exact same shade as the hands, helmet, and scalemail. I am not sure how to fix the proportion of the head. Hard to have room for big nose, tusks, and mustache.

Oh, and it won a competition thing, in GW York. Currently in the display cabinet. Anyone who is really bored and nearby could take a look in person.

EDIT: D'oh, just realised that this is fully painted, and in the wrong place. Can someone give me a move thingie?

This post was last modified: 07-07-2007 07:39 PM by Multifarious.

07-07-2007 06:30 PM
The Slaver
Unregistered

RE: New on board, first Chaos Dwarf.The Slaver 07-07-2007

Awsome piece of work! I applaud everyone who take the time to make an individual diorama for a single or group of models. It just shows so much characters! Tip of the hat to ya lad!

07-07-2007 08:58 PM
bandnerd1892
Unregistered

RE: New on board, first Chaos Dwarf.bandnerd1892 07-07-2007

I can't really tell what's in his hand, what is that?

07-07-2007 11:41 PM
Ghrask Dragh
TeddyMadeMeDoIt...

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 833

RE: New on board, first Chaos Dwarf.Ghrask Dragh 07-08-2007

Great work on the beard and hair!
If you sculpt the teeth curvedback towards the face and slightly out towards the ears (slightly) you'll find you won't need to set the mouth as far down. I would like to see something hanging from the tree also, like the caged skeleton from the giant kit, as a warning to stay out of the dark lands!!!
I really like his eyepiece and the sculpted Dawi-Zharr rune on his back! Nice idea with showing the hands turning to stone too! keep up the good work!!

My Chaos Dwarf Blog
07-08-2007 04:22 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 423
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: New on board, first Chaos Dwarf.Xander 07-08-2007

Nice work man!  I really like what you've got here!  If I wasn't in a rush I 'd leave some more feedback!

Follow CDO on Twitter: Twitter
07-08-2007 09:12 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Arashi
Unregistered

RE: New on board, first Chaos Dwarf.Arashi 07-08-2007

Welcome, and really good conversion! Only thing I would comment on is that the petrification of the right hand (the one that holds the staff) looks a little weird.

07-08-2007 03:11 PM
torn
Lord of Flaming Automatons

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 237
Veteran Medal - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Scribe's Contest Gold                               
RE: New on board, first Chaos Dwarf.torn 07-08-2007

i think he is really cool. the scenic base sets it off really well. my favourite bit the the rune. it looks very precision. well done Happy

current projects:-
New mask/helmet style chaos dwarfs
blood bowl necromantic repaint
beyond the gates of antares algoryn force
my own battlefield!

2014 results with chaos dwarfs
1 - 0 - 1
07-08-2007 06:26 PM
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: New on board, first Chaos Dwarf.Xander 07-09-2007

Well done man, I like the Face and beard!  Not sure about the Dwarfy helmet though. Tongue

Nice work!

07-09-2007 09:11 AM
Multifarious
Unregistered

RE: New on board, first Chaos Dwarf.Multifarious 07-10-2007

Xander Wrote:
Well done man, I like the Face and beard!  Not sure about the Dwarfy helmet though. Tongue

Nice work!

I was thinking about going big hat but I had set myself a strict timeline of a few days to do him, and I figured if I could not big hat properly I should not big hat at all. I will be returning to CD shortly after finishing my squig-giant-hydra-dragon thing. It mainly needs some neck smoothing and scales added.

07-10-2007 07:11 AM
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

RE: New on board, first Chaos Dwarf.Xander 07-10-2007

Sweet stuff man, we'd love to see more you have great potential as a Chaos Dwarf general!

07-10-2007 08:51 AM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites