Post Reply  Post Thread 
1 Votes - 5 Average   Combat Engineers
Author MessageCombat Engineers
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 1361
Best Overall Member - 2009 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Gold Best Overall Member - 2010 Hellsmith - Bronze                               
Combat EngineersGrimstonefire 07-07-2007

Technically these are just plain CD warriors, but when GW release a new regiment they will be an elite unit.  I mainly used the Dwarf miner sprue and a few bits from the Dwarf warrior and Dwarf warmachine sprues.

From the left:
The first one I did, this one has a nifty backpack and some 'teeth pullers' for want of a better description.  i like this one, which is a good job as most will be holding their shields like this.  Because of the way the arms are stuck on it does look a little squashed on.  It will do though.  He needs an icon on his shield

The second one needs some work done on the gloves, beard, boots, shield and cloth on his shoulders.  I love the way the mask came out and will do a few more of this.

The third one... Whooee what a woman :0  The mask came out very well, and the pose is quite dramatic compared to most IMO. She needs some work done on her hair, gloves and boots.

The last one is my favourite.  He's got his mask pulled up ontop of his head, and a fairly traditional face.  On his back he's got a saw and a bomb.  Although you can't see it, his shield has got a skull with lightning coming out of the top which I'm not too happy with.

Anyway, onto the pictures...

Ever the best of friends Mum. 1953-2011   Sad
07-07-2007 03:42 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Khan!
Bull Centaur

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 35
Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS                               
RE: Combat EngineersKhan! 07-07-2007

These are superb, as if we should expect anything else after the lord in your profile pic.  I actually wouldn't have realized that the third one was female if you hadn't mentioned it!  I was just thinking, "hey cool dreadlocks!" until I read the post.  So yeah, 'what a woman' is right.  I particularly like all the gear that they have, and the shield-as-cog idea is working well.  

Do ye think we could get some close-ups of the individual models?

Me and Avalokitesvara - we're pals, see?
07-07-2007 06:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bandnerd1892
Unregistered

RE: Combat Engineersbandnerd1892 07-07-2007

i agree with Khan, i would love to see some close-ups of the one with the mask on the top of it's head. Great work btw.

07-07-2007 07:12 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Ghrask Dragh
TeddyMadeMeDoIt...

Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 828

RE: Combat EngineersGhrask Dragh 07-08-2007

Thats really good GS work Takes Hat off!
Can't wait to see a unit full of the first model! again good work on the seconds mask! I like the spacemarine-esque filter on the front of the woman's mask, cool dreds too! But that last one is by far my favourite, love to see a close up of the face!!
All looking good so far can't wait to see alot more!! Cheers!

My Chaos Dwarf Blog
07-08-2007 04:33 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Traitor King
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Slaves: 0

RE: Combat EngineersTraitor King 07-08-2007

Amazing! I also confess i didnt relaise it was a woman.
Loving the mask pulled back look, its realy cool.
Can we have individual pics?

07-08-2007 11:40 AM
clam
Slave to Darkness

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 1251
Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Combat Engineersclam 07-08-2007

Excellent work - again! GSF - I really love your work:-) Your Tyrant rocks and I can't hardly wait any longer for that Iron Bull of yours.

Please give the Hungry Hordes more - and some individual close up pics would be appreciated

Clam's Coloured Classic Collection

Follow Clamshells on Facebook
07-08-2007 03:14 PM
Arashi
Unregistered

RE: Combat EngineersArashi 07-08-2007

Wow, they are fantastic! I have done a few with dreadlocks as well, but none of them are female Tongue Wink And I love the idea of the pulled up mask.
Will we be able to see them painted soon? :3

07-08-2007 03:53 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

Best Overall Member - 2009 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Gold Best Overall Member - 2010 Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Combat EngineersGrimstonefire 07-08-2007

The iron bull...  Hmmm, completely forgot about that one Sad

I plan to do another 5 and then take a close up of each model.  Then I will paint all of these and the champion I did, so I'll have half a unit completely done before starting on the second half.

07-08-2007 04:42 PM
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 423
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Combat EngineersXander 07-08-2007

Ya, truly awesome!  But we need pics that are 3 times as large or bigger! *greedy* Big Grin

Well done Grim!

Follow CDO on Twitter: Twitter
07-08-2007 05:34 PM
torn
Lord of Flaming Automatons

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 237
Veteran Medal - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Scribe's Contest Gold                               
RE: Combat Engineerstorn 07-08-2007

i think the quality of them all is really great.

the whole mask being pulled up s really good because it ties your masked guys in with the classic big hat style, sort of like a tribute.

ot to sure if the female doesnt actually look more like a dawi predator :p

current projects:-
New mask/helmet style chaos dwarfs
blood bowl necromantic repaint
beyond the gates of antares algoryn force
my own battlefield!

2014 results with chaos dwarfs
1 - 0 - 1
07-08-2007 06:30 PM
The Flying Beaver
Bull Centaur Hero

RE: Combat EngineersThe Flying Beaver 07-08-2007

I agree with torn, I thought of predator almost right away. I hope it'll look more feminine once painted. Speaking of which, paint them!

Stick 'em wiv knives. Stick 'em wiv arrows. Stick 'em wiv swords and spears. Stick 'em where it 'urts. But most importantly, stick 'em when they's not looking!
-Gorduz Backstabber, Hobgoblin Khan

My Chaos Dwarf Win Record:
W/L/D
41/23/12
07-08-2007 07:32 PM
clam
Slave to Darkness

Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 1251
Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Combat Engineersclam 07-09-2007

Grimstonefire Wrote:
The iron bull...Hmmm, completely forgot about that one Sad

I'm so sorry to hearSad

Has been looking for inspiration for a smaler mechanical mount for some time now - and a Iron Bull seemed perfect.
Guess it's back to the drawing board and finish up that concept for a mech dragon then.

Clam's Coloured Classic Collection

Follow Clamshells on Facebook
07-09-2007 03:33 AM
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

RE: Combat EngineersGrimstonefire 07-28-2007

Here is the first one painted.I need to do his base, but I can't find my sand anywhere and I couldn't be bothered to sculpt it.I also forgot to do his eyes.

Red fabric areas:
Basecoat: Dark Flesh
Red Gore
Brown Ink
Red Gore
Highlight: Blood Red

Scale Mail:
Shining gold
Brown Ink
Drybrush:  Shining Gold

Skin:
Basecoat:  Dark Flesh
Mixed highlights with Dark Flesh, Dwarf Flesh and Codex Grey
Final Hightlight:  Dwarf Flesh

Mask:
Brazen Brass
Brown Ink
Drybrush:  Shining Gold

Axe head:
Basecoat:  Chaos Black
Blazing orange on cutting edge only
Blood Red on all sharp edges
Sunburst Yellow highligh on cutting edge.

This post was last modified: 07-28-2007 02:36 PM by Grimstonefire.

07-28-2007 02:26 PM
Khan!
Bull Centaur

Slaves: 35
Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS                               
RE: Combat EngineersKhan! 07-28-2007

That dwarf-face shield is the coolest shield ever.  I like the weapon, too - very interesting blade!  Well done sir.

Me and Avalokitesvara - we're pals, see?
07-28-2007 05:19 PM
Ishkur Cinderhat
The Arch Immortal

Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 86
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2007 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: Combat EngineersIshkur Cinderhat 07-29-2007

Fully agree with Khan! - that dwarf face is such a great detail. I also love the level of details on each mini.

07-29-2007 01:16 PM
Snotling
Bull Centaur Hero

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 26
Army Showcase Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: Combat EngineersSnotling 07-29-2007

It looks awesome! and yeah, to turn ariund the axe-head makes it look more evil ^^
i like it that you worte the used colours. i'll try the way you painted the red, too, it's beautiful dark ^^
well, keep it up, make the other! ^^

07-29-2007 01:46 PM
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 423
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Combat EngineersXander 07-29-2007

Awesome stuff Grim, the start of a truly awesome Chaos Dwarf army!  Miners FTW!

Follow CDO on Twitter: Twitter
07-29-2007 01:55 PM
hal
Bull Centaur Hero

RE: Combat Engineershal 07-31-2007

They look great grim, nice paintjob/conversion.

07-31-2007 05:18 PM
Kobarf
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

RE: Combat EngineersKobarf 07-31-2007

Wow the concept behind them and the excecution is brilliant.
Great paintjob too!
Now a beard on the shieldface: that's an idea I might 'borrow' in the future Cheers!
It will be a pain to finish an entire unit of those so I hope you keep it up.

Kobarf

You know what they say: the bigger the hat, the smaller the...
07-31-2007 07:46 PM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites