Pages (12): « First < Previous 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 Next > Last »
1 Votes - 5 Average   Warhammer Quest and dreams of Hashut
Author MessageWarhammer Quest and dreams of Hashut
Nicodemus
Grand Imperious Sorcerer of the Forge

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 40
Slaves: 1259
Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Best Attitude - 2010 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2011 Golden Hat - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2013 Photobucket Migration Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Warhammer Quest and dreams of HashutNicodemus 05-16-2017

Further Designing the Slave Pit Objective Room

Here's some of the inspiration for the treadmill crane, based on medieval designs. I wanted something slave-powered as opposed to taking shortcuts with just a hand crank wheel or making it even less mechanical and going with ropes or a ladder.

This was version 2. The initial design used a circular wheel, but it was not possible to get it circular enough, so I decided to abandon the wheel and went with a 10-sided wheel instead.

The axle of the treadmill wheel is connected to the winch. The winch is built from two Minotaur shields, carved down so there is just the wood and metal bracing remaining.

Alignment of the components and wheels.

Designing the base

Checking fitting for the rotating shaft

Fitting the design with the sleeve for the rotating shaft

Designing the base for the rotating shaft (large circular base is needed for added stability)

View from the underside

Once the hook and metal chain are added the crane is pretty front-heavy so some counter weight is needed. I want a stone look for the counter weight, but the foam isn't heavy enough, so I used some tin/lead solder and packed a hollowed-out stone block.

Before and after the counter weight

A Black Orc slave for scale.

Placement of the crane on the Slave Pit board section.

View 2

Designing the Slave Post Dungeon Room

Done.

~N

Nicodemus' adage: "It is not enough to bash in skulls, we must bash in minds!"

Nicodemus' Forge of Unfinished Business (Chaos Dwarf Blog) and Non-Dawi'Zharr Blog
Warhammer Quest & Dreams of Hashut (3D Tile Creation Blog - Dawi Underway & More!!)
Chaos Dwarf 'Quest Blog (Download the Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarfs Roleplay Book )
Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarf Expansion (Board Game Geek)

05-16-2017 03:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 1715
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Golden Hat - Gold Best Overall Member - 2017 Best General - 2018 Artisan's Contest Bronze x4                               
RE: Warhammer Quest and dreams of HashutAbecedar 05-16-2017

Such lovely detailed work.   I wish I had the patience and drive for that

Last Time(s) I Bled for my Hobby  =  Fri 13th March 2020
27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time(s) I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
05-16-2017 04:59 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Market Rep: 10
Slaves: 588
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Warhammer Quest and dreams of HashutAdmiral 05-16-2017

Bloody brilliant. Your dedication to appropriate details is inspirational. Chaos Dwarf dungeon tiles done right!

Join us on the new forum. Come help us test it out! https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com

Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.
05-16-2017 02:02 PM
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1559
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Golden Hat - Silver Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2018                               
RE: Warhammer Quest and dreams of Hashuttjub 05-17-2017

Impressive!

Intro to 15mm Kings of War
My CDO blog containing all things Chaos Dwarf.
My various other hobby projects on Instagram.
Follow Admiralty Miniatures on Facebook!

05-17-2017 12:43 AM
Nicodemus

Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Best Attitude - 2010 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2011 Golden Hat - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2013 Photobucket Migration Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Warhammer Quest and dreams of HashutNicodemus 05-17-2017

Glad you guys are enjoying the dungeon designs Wink  It's a nice way to spend a quiet evening these days!

4x4 Dungeon Rooms
Nothing like taking something that's nearly done and cutting into it without a solid plan for how it's all going to work... *cringe*

Hidden lighting installed

Paining up some lava effects

A little additional colour for the cracks, highlighting the hotter areas with yellow and white

Success! This one is not quite done, but it's about 90% there now!!

This board is far from done, but I'm happy with now the cracked floor turned out.

I was sure at a couple of points that I was going to totally mess up both of the dungeon rooms last night, but they've turned out pretty well so far!!

Takes Hat off
~N

Nicodemus' Forge of Unfinished Business (Chaos Dwarf Blog) and Non-Dawi'Zharr Blog
Warhammer Quest & Dreams of Hashut (3D Tile Creation Blog - Dawi Underway & More!!)
Chaos Dwarf 'Quest Blog (Download the Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarfs Roleplay Book )

05-17-2017 12:26 PM
Carcearion
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 210
Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Photobucket Migration Scribe's Contest Silver                               
RE: Warhammer Quest and dreams of HashutCarcearion 05-17-2017

Wow! Amazing stuff even unfinished! Can't wait to see the final outcome!

"It matters not that you failed to burn the world. What matters is that you lit a fire."
- Neherazsh the Flaming Bull

My Chaos Dwarf Name Generator
Army Blog: Carcearion's Warhost of Karagazkar
Short Story: To Carve One's Fate
My Shapeways Shop: Carcearion's Bit Forge - Evil Dwarf Bits For Sale!
05-17-2017 01:40 PM
Enjoysrandom
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 431
Artisan's Contest - Bronze Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor                               
RE: Warhammer Quest and dreams of HashutEnjoysrandom 05-17-2017

Man your talented, great work.
These would be so much more immersive than the normal tiles!

Check out my Google Drive, and my Ebay Store, message me if you have any questions.
05-17-2017 11:24 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Slaves: 1715
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Golden Hat - Gold Best Overall Member - 2017 Best General - 2018 Artisan's Contest Bronze x4                               
RE: Warhammer Quest and dreams of HashutAbecedar 05-17-2017

Love the lighting.  I try every so often to do something with LED's but haven't finished anything much.
Certainly not something as great as that.

Last Time(s) I Bled for my Hobby  =  Fri 13th March 2020
27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time(s) I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
05-17-2017 11:45 PM
Nicodemus

RE: Warhammer Quest and dreams of HashutNicodemus 05-21-2017

Here's the latest update on the progress.... a couple more painted and clear-coated, the rest are work in progress shorts (some very rough WIP)

The Heat Below 4x4 Dungeon Room

Daemon Binding Dungeon Room

Slave Pit (still a work in progress)

Temple of Hashut

And a close-up on the Hashut model/statue:

As-yet unnamed...

Tomb Chamber

~N

05-21-2017 06:15 PM
Carcearion
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Photobucket Migration Scribe's Contest Silver                               
RE: Warhammer Quest and dreams of HashutCarcearion 05-21-2017

Amazing progress! Can't wait to see more.

"It matters not that you failed to burn the world. What matters is that you lit a fire."

05-21-2017 09:27 PM
Skink
Slann Mage Priest

Slaves: 714
Golden Hat - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Warhammer Quest and dreams of HashutSkink 05-26-2017

Hey, have you seen this?  Thought you might be interested Big Grin

"Hashut! Vorgrund! Zharr Naggrund!!" A Chaos Dwarf's battlecry.

-Chaos Dwarf Spaghetti- My Dawi Zharr blog. Comes with tomato sauce!

This post was last modified: 05-26-2017 04:48 PM by Skink.

05-26-2017 03:02 PM
Nicodemus

RE: Warhammer Quest and dreams of HashutNicodemus 06-01-2017

Cutting spacings for the T-junction motif into each tile

The final piece include a full-sized T-junction base, with the cut tiles glued on top, then the motif glued into the space.

Finishing off the T-junction

Adding spikes to the corners of the Slave Pit

Working on some lesser daemons made in Hashut's image, based on the Daemon Prince model, with a Minotaur head and then some custom weapons. Oh, and I've since shaved off those 40K tubes on the daemon prince's left arm

Adding hooves and some detail to their loin cloth pieces

A detail piece I wanted a bunch of my tiles to have, but that I hadn't actually implemented yet, is a small 1x1 grating that lets you see a small hint at the otherwise hidden inner workings in the Chaos Dwarf realm... I'll be adding a few more of these I think.

Close up of the grate and a trapped slave within

And lastly, priming the corridor piece and starting in on the corner piece

~N

06-01-2017 04:11 AM
Carcearion
Greater Daemon of Hashut

RE: Warhammer Quest and dreams of HashutCarcearion 06-01-2017

Even more amazing progress!

Love the “lesser daemons” of Hashut, can’t wait to see them painted up! Have you hammered out a stat line for them?

06-01-2017 12:22 PM
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1559
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Golden Hat - Silver Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2018                               
RE: Warhammer Quest and dreams of Hashuttjub 06-01-2017

This project is just insane... Great work, I hope you have time to play as well! Happy

Intro to 15mm Kings of War
My CDO blog containing all things Chaos Dwarf.
My various other hobby projects on Instagram.
Follow Admiralty Miniatures on Facebook!

06-01-2017 11:59 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Warhammer Quest and dreams of HashutAdmiral 06-03-2017

You, sir, are an inspiration to us all. That slave beneath the grate is nothing short of brilliant!

Join us on the new forum. Come help us test it out! https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com

Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.
06-03-2017 05:04 AM
Nicodemus

RE: Warhammer Quest and dreams of HashutNicodemus 07-08-2017

Coming along slowly. I realize I've done all of the easy tiles and have put the complicated Objective room ones off for the end.

Obsidian Corridor

Fractured Passage

The biggest thing slowing me down on this project is that I don't have a vision for what I want the Daemonic Forge Objective Room to look like. I have a bunch of different elements I know I want to go into it, but the forge itself I'm lost on...

~N

07-08-2017 06:27 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

RE: Warhammer Quest and dreams of HashutAdmiral 07-08-2017

Excellent work all around. It must be fantastic to play on. Any plans for a torture chamber or mad Daemonsmith's laboratory/workshop?

Etsy shop

07-08-2017 06:34 PM
Enjoysrandom
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 431
Artisan's Contest - Bronze Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor                               
RE: Warhammer Quest and dreams of HashutEnjoysrandom 07-09-2017

Best Warhammer Quest board ever!

Check out my Google Drive, and my Ebay Store, message me if you have any questions.
07-09-2017 05:00 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nicodemus

RE: Warhammer Quest and dreams of HashutNicodemus 07-31-2017

While this thread started off in the Off-Topic Showcase, it's becoming decidedly more "on-topic" of late with all of this Warhammer Quest stuff!

New 4x10 Objective Room

I decided to re-purpose the entrance to my temple of Hashut for WHQ instead.  I also decided that the Temple needed a statue of Hashut guarding the entrance.  I used the 4x8 Idol Chamber from WHQ as the main layout for the piece, leading to the temple entrance.

I decided after this that the lead-up to the entrance wasn't grand enough and that it needed something more.

I added some steps up to the entrance, worn in one area from a siege on the Temple long ago, an event not spoken of by the Dawi Zharr who inhabit this area of the Underway.

I didn't like the dwarf head I was initially going with for the main floor so I took inspiration from the skull piece I made for the Temple entrance and enlarged it.

I also realized that the Hashut model was going to be too heavy and unsteady if it got bumped and putting pins down into the foam wasn't going to hold it, so I cut a block of MDF and secured the model to it and then cut out the space for the MDF in the foam. This will all be hidden by floor tiles later.

After cutting out the main shape and adding the eyebrow ridges I scored a sheet of plastic for the main floor tiles, but before snapping them out I cut out a slightly enlarged space for the skull tile piece to go into.

Priming with black paint and checking the fit of the floor tiles before snapping them out (it was a little extra work to line up the holes for the model to get pinned down into the underlying MDF, but only took about 5 minutes to get it right).

After snapping out all of the tiles I spent a night cutting edges into all of them to give them a broken slate sort of look to them. Then I primed them and secured them down in their proper arrangement using double-sided tape.  After this I laid down a coat of gold using the airbrush (first time I had it out in about 4 years!!)

The tiles still need highlighting along the edges, but they're looking pretty good. I also put some red lava under the central skull tile and will add some highlighting later on with orange and yellow in the gaps.  

I also built up a little more around the edges of the metal plate for the Temple entrance as I decided I didn't like the smooth straight lines all the way around for it.

Still a bit more modeling work to do on Hashut's beard as well as the pyre in front of him. The LED lights up and the battery supply fits under the floor out of sight. I'm thinking the pyre needs some skulls, maybe a flailing body, and some big curved spikes coming up from around the rim!

That's all for now... this one has been taking me a while just to get this far!
~N

07-31-2017 04:00 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

RE: Warhammer Quest and dreams of HashutAdmiral 07-31-2017

Wonderful work as always, Nico! That is starting to look sufficiently grand. Carcearion's bit forge might be worth taking a look at, and likewise with Frozen Planet Studio's evil dwarf statue and pillars and Etsy cages/gibbets.

As a skilled scratchbuilder, it might give you inspiration if nothing else. Takes Hat off

Etsy shop

07-31-2017 06:51 AM
Pages (12): « First < Previous 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites