Pages (12): « First < Previous 8 9 10 11 [12] Last »
1 Votes - 5 Average   Warhammer Quest and dreams of Hashut
Author MessageWarhammer Quest and dreams of Hashut
Uther the unhinged
Great Taurus

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 593
Scribe's Contest Silver Best Overall Member - 2018 Artisan's Contest - Silver                               
RE: Warhammer Quest and dreams of HashutUther the unhinged 05-16-2019

Truly words fail me. All praise to Hashuts’ architect.

An AoS creation myth: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=17414

Uthers’ legions of Hashut: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=17110

Bosom of Hashut: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=18010
05-16-2019 06:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 10
Slaves: 214
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017                               
RE: Warhammer Quest and dreams of HashutAdmiral 05-17-2019

This is an outstanding work of art! A labour of love and the result of true dedication. I just all the details, and the overall design is also very good.

Bravo, master! Takes Hat off

And I'm constantly surprised by how much Chaos Dwarf work is being done here in the off-topic log section. Yeah I know, Quest. Big Grin

Besides, should we open a Chaos Dwarf scenery thread in the Image Gallery? Compile all people's creations like this in one place?

I'll leave the honour to you, if you don't mind, and of course to open up such a scenery compilation with this wonder of the Chaos Dwarf world.

Oh, also: Do you have some big white or (even better) solid black blanket or similar tissue to drape out and use as background? When you finish the Daemonsmith and (I hope) take new shots of this marvel with him in his proper place, I hope we can get to see some artful photographs set against a black background to help set the dark tone, if possible. Just a wishlist.

Cheers!

News on CDO: Artisan's Contest XXVIII - Voting Deadline 20th of November  ...  Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings:
Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.
05-17-2019 04:23 AM
Jasko
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 55

RE: Warhammer Quest and dreams of HashutJasko 05-17-2019

Admiral Wrote:
Oh, also: Do you have some big white or (even better) solid black blanket or similar tissue to drape out and use as background? When you finish the Daemonsmith and (I hope) take new shots of this marvel with him in his proper place, I hope we can get to see some artful photographs set against a black background to help set the dark tone, if possible. Just a wishlist.

I second that wish! Respect to the Hat!

Chaos Dwarf Showcase: Legion of Jaskorh
Offtopic Showcase: Night Goblin Auxiliaries
Hobby Blog: ijasko @ Wordpress
05-17-2019 04:36 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nicodemus
Grand Imperious Sorcerer of the Forge

Market Rep: 40
Slaves: 1256
Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Best Attitude - 2010 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2011 Golden Hat - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2013 Photobucket Migration Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Warhammer Quest and dreams of HashutNicodemus 05-19-2019

One more set of images of the forge and various components:

The Weapons Rack

Cracked Anvil and Spell Scrolls

Suit of Chaos Armour

And another piece finally completed: the Slave Pit Objective Room

S couple of close-ups:

~N

Nicodemus' adage: "It is not enough to bash in skulls, we must bash in minds!"

Nicodemus' Forge of Unfinished Business (Chaos Dwarf Blog) and Non-Dawi'Zharr Blog
Warhammer Quest & Dreams of Hashut (3D Tile Creation Blog - Dawi Underway & More!!)
Chaos Dwarf 'Quest Blog (Download the Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarfs Roleplay Book )
Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarf Expansion (Board Game Geek)

05-19-2019 04:15 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017                               
RE: Warhammer Quest and dreams of HashutAdmiral 05-19-2019

Splendid! Thanks a lot! Cheers!

Great work all over. Love the slave pit. The crane is excellent. I've by the way spread the news about your finished Daemonsmith forge and Forgemaster and slave pit on various forums and Facebook groups. Hoping to hook in more CDO members that way... Wink

News on CDO: Artisan's Contest XXVIII - Voting Deadline 20th of November  ...  Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings:
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.

This post was last modified: 05-19-2019 05:22 AM by Admiral.

05-19-2019 04:19 AM
Jasko
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

RE: Warhammer Quest and dreams of HashutJasko 05-20-2019

Great pictures, that black background really does the trick.
What a wonderful project! What are your plans for using it in games? Do you play some form of D&D or RPG kind of game?

05-20-2019 05:37 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nicodemus

Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Best Attitude - 2010 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2011 Golden Hat - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2013 Photobucket Migration Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Warhammer Quest and dreams of HashutNicodemus 05-22-2019

The continuing story of a quack, who's gone to the dogs. AKA my decidedly on-topic off-topic showcase...

Currently working on the final parts to the 4x4 Daemon Binding / Summoning Room. This is the central focus of the room - the failed binding of a daemon within a Hellcannon.

Here's where this started (May 2017)

The room has been done for ages, but I put this piece on the back burner. Time to start getting caught up. A little air brushing and bronze/wash...

A bit more shading and detail... final steps will be highlighting and then painting the extra chains and debris that goes throughout the room.

~N

Nicodemus' Forge of Unfinished Business (Chaos Dwarf Blog) and Non-Dawi'Zharr Blog
Warhammer Quest & Dreams of Hashut (3D Tile Creation Blog - Dawi Underway & More!!)
Chaos Dwarf 'Quest Blog (Download the Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarfs Roleplay Book )

This post was last modified: 05-23-2019 04:45 PM by Nicodemus.

05-22-2019 03:40 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

RE: Warhammer Quest and dreams of HashutAdmiral 05-22-2019

Wow! That is a great modelling work, and so immensely great to see for a lifelone fan of the Hellcannon! Exquisite. Cheers!

Chaos Dwarf Writings:
05-22-2019 03:53 PM
Uther the unhinged
Great Taurus

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 593
Scribe's Contest Silver Best Overall Member - 2018 Artisan's Contest - Silver                               
RE: Warhammer Quest and dreams of HashutUther the unhinged 05-22-2019

Fabulous conversion. It looks awesome.

An AoS creation myth: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=17414

Uthers’ legions of Hashut: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=17110

Bosom of Hashut: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=18010
05-22-2019 07:02 PM
Jasko
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

RE: Warhammer Quest and dreams of HashutJasko 05-23-2019

Wow, no respite with you, immediately on to the next great project! Cheers!
Looking really promising, cannot wait to see more. Keep the goodness coming! Hashut!

05-23-2019 03:57 AM
Nicodemus

RE: Warhammer Quest and dreams of HashutNicodemus 05-23-2019

Should I leave this thread where it is or temporarily relocate it to CDO Forums / Hobby / Showcase & Army Blogs while I'm continuing to work on Chaos Dwarf-related content?

Thoughts?

05-23-2019 02:50 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

RE: Warhammer Quest and dreams of HashutAdmiral 05-23-2019

A temporary move, and then move back, isn't a bad idea. I once had the idea of splitting the thread, with one CD Quest thread in Showcase & Army Blogs, and one general Quest thread here, but of course I wouldn't touch your blog, Forgemaster. Wink

Chaos Dwarf Writings:

This post was last modified: 05-23-2019 03:56 PM by Admiral.

05-23-2019 03:54 PM
Nicodemus

RE: Warhammer Quest and dreams of HashutNicodemus 05-23-2019

Well we'll give it a try in the on-topic hobby showcase for now until I move back to generic Warhammer Quest stuff again.

So, it was way back in post #100 in this thread that I listed my outline for my Chaos Dwarf-themed Warhammer Quest boards

Here's the list I had from that post with the finished pieces striked-through:

Quote:
4x4 Dungeon Rooms
Summoning Chamber
Treasure Vault - Gold, treasure chests, scrolls, etc.
The Heat Below
Hitching Post

Objective Rooms
Firechasm - Largely unchanged, but with a sturdier Dawi Zharr-constructed bridge and bronze runed pillar instead of a dragon statue
Daemonsmith's Diabolic Forge
Temple of Hashut
Tomb Chamber - Using the Dread King's Chamber from the Catacomb's of Terror (which is 8x5 instead of the usual 6x4 size of the Objective Rooms), the pillars flanking the entry ramp will have petrified Chaos Dwarf Sorcerers/Sorcerer-Prophets atop them, leading to an altar with a cracked anvil.

Corridors
Corridor 1 - 2x6, painted in a dark marble pattern
Corridor 2 - probably similar to the above, with symbols carved into the floor
T-junction
Stairs - 2x6 stair section, probably with some decoration beneath the stairs, like buried slaves, pipes, etc.

Doorways
Doorway Design 1 - There will actually be 2-3 such doorways, which will use modified Minotaur heads above the archway instead of skulls.
Doorway Design 2 - Polished pillars, etched with flaming Dawi Zharr runes
Doorway Design 3 - Pillars with attached chains and the skeletal remains of a chained-up slave
Doorway Design 4 - Treasure vault entrance (similar look to design 1, but with coins and treasure spilling out a little)
Doorway Design 5 - Old style plastic Chaos Dwarf Warrior 'statues' guarding either side of the doorway
Doorway Design 6 - Entrance to the Temple of Hashut (using the classic Lammasu head over the doorway... I have several that I cast in resin from a few years ago)
Doorway Design 7 - Diabolic forge entrance with smoke stacks, pipes

I guess to this list I could also add:
Corridors
Corridor Corner - Fractured Passage

Objective Rooms
Slave Pit - Fighting Pit variant

So, it's getting much closer!  Here's the Summoning Room:

4x4 Daemon Binding / Summoning Dungeon Room - Complete

~N

This post was last modified: 05-23-2019 04:53 PM by Nicodemus.

05-23-2019 04:45 PM
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1538
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Golden Hat - Silver Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2018                               
RE: Warhammer Quest and dreams of Hashuttjub 05-24-2019

Love you stuff Nico, back on track! Cheers!

Intro to 15mm Kings of War
My CDO blog containing all things Chaos Dwarf.
My various other hobby projects on Instagram.
Follow Admiralty Miniatures on Facebook!

05-24-2019 11:23 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

RE: Warhammer Quest and dreams of HashutAdmiral 05-24-2019

Oh my gosh, that is gorgeous!

Chaos Dwarf Writings:
05-24-2019 12:00 PM
Pages (12): « First < Previous 8 9 10 11 [12] Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites