Post Reply  Post Thread 
Pages (6): « First [1] 2 3 4 5 Next > Last »
1 Votes - 5 Average   Khan!'s army thread updated July 13, with new and exciting things!
Author MessageKhan!'s army thread updated July 13, with new and exciting things!
Khan!
Bull Centaur

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 35
Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS                               
Khan!'s army thread updated July 13, with new and exciting things!Khan! 07-12-2007

Hello all, I have decided that far too much time has been spent *not* working on my Chaos Dwarves, so I have launched back into the project and hopefully y'all will help me keep going!��

The first CDs I did in April looked like this:

I wanted to do a colour scheme that was a little different, and I carried that over to my helcannon and crew as well.

These worked fairly well, but I found that I wasn't as excited about the whole project after a bit of time, so I got distracted by some Privateer Press stuff, like this guy:

Once that guy was done, and with all the brilliant stuff going on on the forums, I got back into the CDs and decided to change them up a bit and make them more interesting to paint for me, so I have changed the colour scheme quite radically.��It's much more chaotic now, less industrial as was mentioned in previous threads, but I like it, and I think I'm going to run with it.��Comments and criticism are welcome!��Please tell me what you think!

2017 Image Salvage

Me and Avalokitesvara - we're pals, see?

This post was last modified: 08-10-2017 06:19 AM by Admiral.

07-12-2007 06:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Khan!
Bull Centaur

RE: Khan!'s reinvigorated army thread + other things I'm working onKhan! 07-12-2007

Furthermore, I have completed my first unit(!) and a hero-level character with a fairly simple and obvious conversion.Please enjoy! Takes Hat off

The BFSP sorcerer, and the first CD that I converted:

07-12-2007 06:31 PM
hobblin
Unregistered

RE: Khan!'s reinvigorated army thread + other things I'm working onhobblin 07-12-2007

Well thats a very nice start to a Chaos Dwarf army.
I love your couler scheem it's not often seen so your probly going to have a very unique army.

-Hobblin

07-12-2007 06:32 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 423
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Khan!'s reinvigorated army thread + other things I'm working onXander 07-12-2007

Somebody just earned an Army Gallery on the main website!

Well done Khan! Keep it up!!

DO you have a pic of the Hellcannon with crewman around it? Big Grin

Follow CDO on Twitter: Twitter

This post was last modified: 07-12-2007 06:40 PM by Xander.

07-12-2007 06:38 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ghrask Dragh
TeddyMadeMeDoIt...

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 828

RE: Khan!'s reinvigorated army thread + other things I'm working onGhrask Dragh 07-12-2007

Those beards look awesome!!!!!!!!
Takes Hat off I really like the look of these guys, a big improvment on the 'industrial' look if you ask me! what colours did you use for the skin? will you use the same colour-scheme on your hellcannon crew or are they staying the same?
Can't wait to see the rest of your army, I hope you come up with a really fun army list (as opposed to a win at all costs list) cause these would be great to play against if you do.
Keep us posted!! Cheers!

My Chaos Dwarf Blog
07-12-2007 06:51 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hal
Bull Centaur Hero

Slaves: 0

RE: Khan!'s reinvigorated army thread + other things I'm working onhal 07-13-2007

Very nice work, the ginger hair is excellent.

07-13-2007 09:48 AM
angryboy2k
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 4
Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: Khan!'s reinvigorated army thread + other things I'm working onangryboy2k 07-13-2007

Oh, very nice! I liked the Hellcannon crew but the new guys are even better. The lord's a good conversion. And of course I like the skin color Tongue

Steve

07-13-2007 10:06 AM
Hobgobbler
Unregistered

RE: Khan!'s reinvigorated army thread + other things I'm working onHobgobbler 07-13-2007

Il like you choice of colours, the orange beards really came out well
keep up the good work!

07-13-2007 10:26 AM
Snotling
Bull Centaur Hero

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 26
Army Showcase Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: Khan!'s reinvigorated army thread + other things I'm working onSnotling 07-13-2007

yeah, Snot-style-CDs! Takes Hat off
hehe, just kinddin', i like them very much, especially the red beards, they are pretty unique. the mask of the standart bearer rulez, i even wanted to make something like that, too Cheers!

07-13-2007 10:51 AM
Arashi
Unregistered

RE: Khan!'s reinvigorated army thread + other things I'm working onArashi 07-13-2007

Very original, I like that.

07-13-2007 11:36 AM
DARKTROOPER
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

RE: Khan!'s reinvigorated army thread + other things I'm working onDARKTROOPER 07-13-2007

very nice I like how the colors are a bit zany like the old hats but they still have the grim and sinister look of the new style dwarfs...

07-13-2007 12:12 PM
Khan!
Bull Centaur

RE: Khan!'s reinvigorated army thread + other things I'm working onKhan! 07-13-2007

Thanks for all the comments!Right now I'm chopping up some hobgoblins, I'll put up some pictures in the next couple of days.I also have to re-base a big unit of orcs, and a unit of black orcs so that they'll fit with the CDs instead of on their own.

@ Xander:w00t!I don't have a crew+helcannon picture yet, but I certainly could do.I'll put one up with the hobgoblins, but as I say it might be a couple of days because I have work+school+research to deal with right now.

@ Ghrask Dragh:Thanks, I'm really happy with the beards!The skin colour is a basecoat of Codex Grey, with a wash of Chaos Black to darken it a bit.After the wash, I highlight again with Codex and then blend up to Bleached Bone.I think I'm going to leave the helcannon crew as they are for now, because they actually come from my Tzeentch mortals army.Because I am poor and cheap my CD army is going to consist mostly of what I already have lying around that I can convert.I've got a test Ironbreaker/Immortal that will provide the basis for a big unit of them, and I'll have some BFSP blunderbusses, and then lots of hobbos/orcs because I don't have to buy new ones Happy

@ Snotling:*coughs in embarrasment*Yes, in fact these are almost entirely Snot-style-CDs, because frankly yours are awesome.I'm much more of a novice with the GS tho, so these are only a poor imitation Takes Hat off

07-13-2007 02:12 PM
Ellimist
The Occasionally Present

Group: Retired Staff
Slaves: 1

RE: Khan!'s reinvigorated army thread + other things I'm working onEllimist 07-13-2007

Immensely cool army Happy

As others have noted, I like the orange/flame effect beards. It's nice to see a departure from the traditional styling of CDs.

07-13-2007 02:58 PM
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 423
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Khan!'s reinvigorated army thread + other things I'm working onXander 07-13-2007

Khan! Wrote:
@ Xander:  w00t!  I don't have a crew+helcannon picture yet, but I certainly could do.  I'll put one up with the hobgoblins, but as I say it might be a couple of days because I have work+school+research to deal with right now.

Ya, get some nice pictures, and maybe a picture of all your stuff you have so far.  Once you do, I will try to throw up a gallery.  No rush, I am still working on some other galleries too.
Takes Hat off

Follow CDO on Twitter: Twitter
07-13-2007 03:56 PM
clam
Slave to Darkness

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 1251
Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Khan!'s reinvigorated army thread + other things I'm working onclam 07-13-2007

Ohh! Chaos SlayersHappy The red/orange look is very original and the result is very nice indeed.

Clam's Coloured Classic Collection

Follow Clamshells on Facebook
07-13-2007 04:34 PM
Canix
Spirit of Hashut

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 10

RE: Khan!'s reinvigorated army thread + other things I'm working onCanix 07-13-2007

Ace colour scheme very original will enjoy seeing these postsTakes Hat off
We could probably do with a smilie taking his mask off  but hats it is

Realists are hampered by there inability to comprehend the true nature of reality
The Pledge 2010:
Bought:11 Painted:12
07-13-2007 08:10 PM
Traitor King
Chaos Dwarf Hero

RE: Khan!'s reinvigorated army thread + other things I'm working onTraitor King 07-14-2007

Cheers!
Well done!
A realy nice army you've got going there, I love the purple cloaks, they look really cool!
They 'fiery' beards are also nice, as is the Ogre coloured flesh.
Cant wait to see what colour the Hobs are going to be! (clothing wise)

07-14-2007 07:12 AM
torn
Lord of Flaming Automatons

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 237
Veteran Medal - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Scribe's Contest Gold                               
RE: Khan!'s reinvigorated army thread + other things I'm working ontorn 07-14-2007

i love those colours its cool to see a CD army thats not red and black for a change, makes a big difference to the whole look of them.

current projects:-
New mask/helmet style chaos dwarfs
blood bowl necromantic repaint
beyond the gates of antares algoryn force
my own battlefield!

2014 results with chaos dwarfs
1 - 0 - 1
07-14-2007 07:22 PM
Uzkul Werit
Daemon Prince of Hashut

Slaves: 1
Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor                               
RE: Khan!'s reinvigorated army thread + other things I'm working onUzkul Werit 07-15-2007

I'm loving the beards and the helmets. They look different to the normal lot of masked dwarfs I've seen.

For who knows their way around a larder better than a Halfling?
Raze their cities and loot their gold, bleed them dry and burn their souls!

Yamakaze on The Ogre Stronghold

07-15-2007 07:58 AM
Hashut's Blessing
The Cakily Blessed One

Group: Mods of Hashut
Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 731
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Veteran Medal - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: Khan!'s reinvigorated army thread + other things I'm working onHashut's Blessing 07-16-2007

Excellent lava-coloured beards. Work VERY well, especially with your hero's beard, which, although a simple and obvious conversion, the paint scheme helps to make it look really unique and great. Kudos!

Pledge: '09:+83 '10:+116 '11:+118 '12: N/A '13: N/A

WarplockMonkey Wrote:
After years of rigerous scientific reasearch, it has now been proven that there is a 50% chance that HB is 'in your fridge, eatin your cakez'.

07-16-2007 04:44 PM
Pages (6): « First [1] 2 3 4 5 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  furrie's army blog [updated on 01-march-2009] furrie 36 17,889 03-24-2009 11:02 PM
Last Post: Lavindil

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites