Post Reply  Post Thread 
Live Battle Report Sept, 10th for CD Indy GT list. Details inside.
Author MessageLive Battle Report Sept, 10th for CD Indy GT list. Details inside.
Swissdictator
Hashut's Code Monkey

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 1348
Best General - 2008 Best General - 2009 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best General - 2010                               
Live Battle Report Sept, 10th for CD Indy GT list. Details inside.Swissdictator 09-10-2009

At 1600 Central Standard Time (2100 GMT) there will be a live battle report on rites of war. This will be on THURSDAY. So tomorrow (well still tomorrow for me, but the same day for you Brits).

This is just to announce the live battle report that will be going down. That way people can have the link ahead of time!

Frozen Dark Elf playing Dark Elves
Swissdictator playing Chaos Dwarfs (the good guys)

2500 points

We will be reporting the game turn by turn (and maybe phase by phase) as we play the game. It leaves for a detailed report, and our thoughts/reactions as we play.

Link to appropriate thread

FORGET AoS. Whoever designed it isn't fit to pour [water] out of a boot with instructions written under the heel.
09-10-2009 12:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pyro Stick
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 15
Slaves: 960
Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Live Battle Report Sept, 10th for CD Indy GT list. Details inside.Pyro Stick 09-10-2009

So are you just going to post updates as the game progresses or is there going to be a sort of live podcast thing going on? Are there going to be pics?

My Chaos Dwarf Collection: GHXXVI

09-10-2009 06:22 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Border Reiver
Lammasu

Group: Dawi Zharr
Slaves: 64
Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: Live Battle Report Sept, 10th for CD Indy GT list. Details inside.Border Reiver 09-10-2009

Good hunting - and from my experience with this list and facing Elves in General and DE in particular - Annihilators, Death Rockets and earthshakers are your friends

Questions, comments, criticisms, bitches, complaints, rude gestures and/or remarks.
09-10-2009 08:35 AM
Swissdictator
Hashut's Code Monkey

Best General - 2008 Best General - 2009 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best General - 2010                               
RE: Live Battle Report Sept, 10th for CD Indy GT list. Details inside.Swissdictator 09-10-2009

If I can get it set up right, I might try to do a skype stream, but no promises on that.

FORGET AoS. Whoever designed it isn't fit to pour [water] out of a boot with instructions written under the heel.
09-10-2009 09:31 AM
Swissdictator
Hashut's Code Monkey

RE: Live Battle Report Sept, 10th for CD Indy GT list. Details inside.Swissdictator 09-10-2009

I think we should probably warn people... LANGUAGE WARNING!!!

We will be using harsh language, without a doubt. So do not listen to while at work! Sailors and Marines are exempt from this warning, as it will be normal for them.

Edit: The language warning is for the Skype cast.

This post was last modified: 09-10-2009 02:09 PM by Swissdictator.

09-10-2009 02:03 PM
Border Reiver
Lammasu

Slaves: 64
Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: Live Battle Report Sept, 10th for CD Indy GT list. Details inside.Border Reiver 09-10-2009

Swissdictator Wrote:
I think we should probably warn people... LANGUAGE WARNING!!!

We will be using harsh language, without a doubt. So do not listen to while at work! Sailors and Marines are exempt from this warning, as it will be normal for them.

Edit: The language warning is for the Skype cast.

Sailors and Marines have nothing on a Newfie soldier suddenly told the Mess is out of alcohol.

Questions, comments, criticisms, bitches, complaints, rude gestures and/or remarks.
09-10-2009 02:11 PM
Pyro Stick
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Live Battle Report Sept, 10th for CD Indy GT list. Details inside.Pyro Stick 09-10-2009

Where the Skype cast going to be at? Do i need to add your username or something?

09-10-2009 02:39 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Swissdictator
Hashut's Code Monkey

Ok people, to listen to the cast:

Username: roberteelmer

Skittles will be commentator. AKA Dan W.
Frozen Dark Elf playing the bad guys: AKA John W.
Swissdictator the Chaos Dwarfs (good guys): AKA Robert E

09-10-2009 04:35 PM
clam
Slave to Darkness

Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 1264
Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Live Battle Report Sept, 10th for CD Indy GT list. Details inside.clam 09-10-2009

Sholdn't this be going on right now?

Anyone know where this live feed is available?

Clam's Coloured Classic Collection

Follow Clamshells on Facebook
09-10-2009 04:41 PM
Swissdictator
Hashut's Code Monkey

You need to add me on skype

roberteelmer

09-10-2009 04:52 PM
clam
Slave to Darkness

Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 1264
Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Live Battle Report Sept, 10th for CD Indy GT list. Details inside.clam 09-10-2009

Hmm! trying - but not with succes. Have really started to hate this 64bit vista \biiiip I bought with my new PC.

Clam's Coloured Classic Collection

Follow Clamshells on Facebook

This post was last modified: 09-10-2009 05:03 PM by clam.

09-10-2009 05:03 PM
Canix
Spirit of Hashut

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 10

RE: Live Battle Report Sept, 10th for CD Indy GT list. Details inside.Canix 09-10-2009

Listening in on skype will have to find my headset now Shock

Realists are hampered by there inability to comprehend the true nature of reality
The Pledge 2010:
Bought:11 Painted:12
09-10-2009 05:11 PM
Swissdictator
Hashut's Code Monkey

I'm sorry to say the Chaos Dwarfs lost, but it was a good game and well fought. Very enjoyable.

I'll post my thoughts on RoW and here soon. I will also crosspost FDE's thoughts.

To those who listened? Thoughts? Complaints? Bogus allegations?

09-10-2009 11:04 PM
Swissdictator
Hashut's Code Monkey

The first and foremost problem I had with this list was not the list, but my approach. I was thinking of playing them just like the RH list. I would need to get used to them is all. I also would change things up to take advantage of the list.

In future games I would probably drop the Great Taurus. As much as I love the figure, and love the image of a Dwarf riding a flying fire breathing bull of doom... (I DO love that image)... it'd free up points I could really use.

I'd run the Obsidian Guard differently Either 4x6 (with a slot open for BSCool or 3x7 (still a slot open for BSCool as they are NICE. I'd still take the Zharr Naggrund banner, as it seems reasonable, but still very good. I forgot about this early on.

I totally forgot about the bonus the Daemon gives the Daemsmith!!! D'oh. That's a slight problem of working with the PDF on an old lap top. I will probably print it out (except for the figures sections, no offense to my fellow CDO guys... beautiful work, but not useful for the game) so I can flip through it.

I am loving the Daemonsmiths. Granted, with 2 lvl 2's I could probably cast thrice, but having two guaranteed spells is nice and no chance of miscast. I think they could be good in magic, I should've used them a little better (I would have swapped fear of magic missile in retrospect). The built in fear with them is great, as it allows me the defensive bonuses of fear (not caring about terror checks, fear being harmless... making opponents take fear checks to charge, etc).

My Warmachines having a fighting profile might leave more more willing to put them towards the front. Granted, they're a lower toughness so S3 shooting can hurt them, and S4 shooting can do a reasonable job too... but throwing soft cav, harpies, bat, etc at it is not wise. Plus the misfire could be useful at times.

I'm mixed on Hobgoblin cav. They're cheap and good... I just might not take two units. It is nice to be able to field them 5 strong however.

Blunderbuss are BRUTAL. Undead, or rather large units should be terrified of them! There is a way to negate them a bit, but it's not overly easy. Simply hitting the entire unit is just nasty.

The biggest problem for me, again, was I as thinking like I was using Ravening Hordes.

I was skeptical at first, when it came to this list, but having run it... I'm rather impressed. I will probably use it in casual games... and I dare say I will be tempted if tournaments out here allow it.

09-10-2009 11:36 PM
Skittles
Hobgoblin

Slaves: 1

RE: Live Battle Report Sept, 10th for CD Indy GT list. Details inside.Skittles 09-11-2009

Thank you to everyone who listened in and put up with several hours of my commentary...it definately made the game more interesting to see people's comments during the game.
Audience comment highlights include: Bets on when the cold one knights would fail a stupidity check ( which none of which were accurate ) and  the Dark Elf lord on dragon catching the taurus lord while a cry of "FATALITY" was issued by one listener in the text chat

Rites of War - A Casual Gaming Community
09-11-2009 02:35 AM
Pyro Stick
Greater Daemon of Hashut

RE: Live Battle Report Sept, 10th for CD Indy GT list. Details inside.Pyro Stick 09-11-2009

Sorry i forgot to listen to this. Ill add you now though and maybe next time i will catch it. I need to buy a new headset anyway.

09-11-2009 06:49 AM
Canix
Spirit of Hashut

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 10

RE: Live Battle Report Sept, 10th for CD Indy GT list. Details inside.Canix 09-11-2009

I thought overall it was good although i had to bow out at 12.30 gmt.

Swiss,I suspected you were playing similar to the RH lists you would usually run .The deamonsmiths and the deamonengines look really good and are certainly a reason to get my 3rd ed whirlwinds etc painted.
On the format of the game i have a few suggestions which you have probably thought of yourself.
1.post a top down picture of the battlefield scenery maybe with troops setup
2.Using a webcam though you are moving toward video and live streaming then(see youtube for batreps)
3.Suitable background music for ambience Respect to the Hat!

Realists are hampered by there inability to comprehend the true nature of reality
The Pledge 2010:
Bought:11 Painted:12
09-11-2009 07:30 AM
Swissdictator
Hashut's Code Monkey

RE: Live Battle Report Sept, 10th for CD Indy GT list. Details inside.Swissdictator 09-11-2009

Here are the thoughts of my opponent

Quote:
I suppose I ought to finally throw down my words of wisdom....yeah, that's what we'll call it......
yeah, this was definately a fun game. we had a few big suprises and got to see some cool things from the dwarves of chaos. On my side, I thought it was funny how I failed so many leadership tests, including failing to rally twice with my dark riders. The dragon was a bit of a heavy hitter, and as I told Robert, if I had one, I probably would have taken a Manticore instead.
On the CD side, there were some cool things. the earthshaker was toned down a little, but to where it seems fair and balanced. The death rocket was also pretty cool in my opinion. The bluderbuss were a cool shooting effect, and I see how they can be devistating against some units. to me a big winner for the list was the obsidian guard. 2+ armor save with elite weapon skill, killing blow, and fear was pretty cool. I threw quite a bit into them and could not kill them off. adding in a 5+ ward with the BSB made them all the more tough, and yet it wasn't really overpowered at all.
In all, as I said this was a fun game. I always enjoy my games against Robert. it was also cool to have Dan there running comentary for us and making many a joke along the side and acting as game master whenever issues came up. I would also like to say a "big hats off" (pun intended) to the creators of the Dwarves of Chaos list.

09-11-2009 01:53 PM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Dancing Yak 28mm hair update and 10mm and 28mm details for lem and tor 5/4 dancingyakminiatures 6 719 05-04-2019 02:12 PM
Last Post: dancingyakminiatures
Question Does anyone have the FAQs pdf for the 7th Ed Indy GT army list? Admiral 8 720 03-29-2019 03:33 AM
Last Post: Admiral
  ET: Thanquol Spoilers inside! Speculation on the Dawi Zharr future? Veshnakar 33 10,378 01-18-2015 04:52 AM
Last Post: tjub
  LoA Army List Battle Scribe Discoking 8 4,582 02-09-2012 08:08 PM
Last Post: Discoking
  Indy GT List question CheTralfara 9 3,698 07-11-2011 03:42 PM
Last Post: Grimbold Blackhammer

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites