Poll: Which should win Artisan's Contest 6?
This poll is closed.
Entry #1 52.78% 19 52.78%
Entry #2 27.78% 10 27.78%
Entry #3 19.44% 7 19.44%
Total 36 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Post Reply  Post Thread 
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
Artisan's Contest 6- Voting Thread
Author MessageArtisan's Contest 6- Voting Thread
Willmark Away
Dark Lord of Hashut

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 23
Slaves: 1128
Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Overall Member - 2007 Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2012                               
RE: Artisan's Contest 6- Voting ThreadWillmark 01-10-2010

Just voted now. Awesome entries guys.

Clam and Borador (AND myself) sounds like another topic but not this thread. Wink

Willmark's Dark Side Blog
My Western RPG- Hurled into Eternity
My Want List / My Trade List

01-10-2010 11:04 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 852
Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold                               
RE: Artisan's Contest 6- Voting ThreadZanko 01-13-2010

I have once more a question ...

I cannot understand why not everyone who visits the site makes a vote in the current contests?

Has anyone an idea why there is such a low voter participation?

Hashut!

"Frurndar are still existing!"
               The Lizard King 
01-13-2010 03:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
clam
Slave to Darkness

Market Rep: 17
Slaves: 1181
Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Artisan's Contest 6- Voting Threadclam 01-13-2010

Hmm! Here is a question for you:

Why is it, that only 3 members made an entry?

But as said before - we really could use some kind of bulletin board on the forum front page.

RSS feeds are great - but not that popular, I think.

We need a flashy banners or shiny bulletin boards for these things.

Clam's Coloured Classic Collection

Follow Clamshells on Facebook
01-13-2010 04:27 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bolg
Greater Bunny of Hashut

Slaves: 571
Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Artisan's Contest 6- Voting ThreadBolg 01-13-2010

I hate flashy banners! (and I know, I make them for a living).

But I must say I find this forum a little confusing to navigate trough. (mostly I just check the new post, its a great way for ending up everywhere on the forum, but later its hard to find a particularly post again if you didnt commented in the threat) But that's just my opinion, and I dont mean it in any negative way. actually, I really like this forum, its got a nice atmosphere.

Check out my webcomic here...
01-13-2010 08:36 PM
Gar Shadowfame
Banned

Group: Excommunicated
Market Rep:
Slaves: 22

RE: Artisan's Contest 6- Voting ThreadGar Shadowfame 01-13-2010

I cant disagree on technical aspect with Bolg, but i think its just how the engine works.

as to low number of submissions there are various reasons i think it could affect it
christmass
terrain creation being unpopular are of hobby (i havent made any in roughly 6 years)

01-13-2010 08:51 PM
Bassman
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 574
Golden Hat - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat  - Gold x2                               
RE: Artisan's Contest 6- Voting ThreadBassman 01-14-2010

First time I entered the forum it was not easy to navigate, as it was..... the first time I entered! You need a while to understand wevery forum structure.... The very SECOND time I entered.... well it was pretty easy to find what I was looking for Happy Maybe I'm a genius (do not really think so..... Wink ) or this forum is like every other forum.

About voting contests..... I do not really know. When I open the forum I can find a banner with the artesan contest. So I do not think it is difficult to locate. I do not really know why people do not like to vote. Since I joined the forum I voted 90% of the competititons, even if I did not entered myself.

About entrants to artesan: Actually I'mn focused on finishing my army as soon as possible so not time for other events. That's why I prefer to enter GH than Artesan. It's a pity as I'd really like to enter Artesan but I have to choose and GH fits better my needings.

Said this, is it voting over or not? My favourite entries never win.... damn it! I'm too borderline.... lol Happy

Alan the evil Wrote:
bassman spoke... and I do agree!!

Are you interested in the Last Supper by Leonardo da Vinci? Check here: http://www.milanoarte.net/news/reserve-y...ast-supper

Bored of slashing your slaves? Take a vacation in Milan:
http://www.milantour.net

This post was last modified: 01-14-2010 05:40 AM by Bassman.

01-14-2010 05:39 AM
Thorne
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 300
Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: Artisan's Contest 6- Voting ThreadThorne 01-14-2010

Borderline you say Wink Nah we all have our own axes to grind crosses to bear but I must admit I cannot make terain so well. I just find it too long a process if I have other models to paint in my garage and ive never really have the time to make terain so I rarely bother. Now if it were for my haradim for lord of the rings I may have entered my Feild of tents but chaos dwarves well thats something big not tissue paper and toothpicks. Takes Hat off hats off to the people that did enter they all did a wonderfull job.

1, Come see things the space dwarf way.

2, My bases and scenic store

3, My spectre scenic products blog.
01-14-2010 07:01 AM
Bolg
Greater Bunny of Hashut

Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Artisan's Contest 6- Voting ThreadBolg 01-14-2010

This was the first piece of terrain I made, for warhammer that is. have made enough terrain to fill a necromunda table, there is a big difference (:

Looking forward to the next challange, I need a new deadline.

01-14-2010 07:38 AM
Bassman
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Slaves: 574
Golden Hat - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat  - Gold x2                               
RE: Artisan's Contest 6- Voting ThreadBassman 01-17-2010

well, is the votig over or not?

I know everybody can read the result but what about an official announcement? It would be nice for the three entrants.... Happy

Alan the evil Wrote:
bassman spoke... and I do agree!!

Are you interested in the Last Supper by Leonardo da Vinci? Check here: http://www.milanoarte.net/news/reserve-y...ast-supper

Bored of slashing your slaves? Take a vacation in Milan:
http://www.milantour.net

01-17-2010 04:53 AM
clam
Slave to Darkness

Market Rep: 17
Slaves: 1181
Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Artisan's Contest 6- Voting Threadclam 01-17-2010

I must be. It was announced on the 6th and should be running for 7 days.

Can't see if the poll is closed by now, but it should be.

But yes a official announcement would be appreciated.

And the winner is ..... Wink

Clam's Coloured Classic Collection

Follow Clamshells on Facebook
01-17-2010 11:01 AM
Willmark Away
Dark Lord of Hashut

Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Overall Member - 2007 Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2012                               
RE: Artisan's Contest 6- Voting ThreadWillmark 01-17-2010

Hmmm that's strange poll was indeed set for only 7 days... Anyways I have now closed it. Look for the Winner thread sometime in the next day or so. I'll get to it tonight if I can.

01-17-2010 11:07 AM
Borador
Collector of Renegades

Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 249

RE: Artisan's Contest 6- Voting ThreadBorador 01-17-2010

clam Wrote:
Sorry, Borador. Glad to hear that have you eyes on the real Chaos Dwarfs Big Grin

Out of 1500 members, I thing less then a 100 do these old classics - and many of them are 30+. But glad to hear that the 2nd generation real Chaos Dwarfer has arrived.

yey =] sorry if it sounded like flaming or something

Congratulations to all the entrants! Magnificant work and real great they made it in time for the deadline :3

01-17-2010 12:06 PM
The Snowman
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Group: Dawi Zharr
Slaves: 34

RE: Artisan's Contest 6- Voting ThreadThe Snowman 01-17-2010

I have not voted yet... I will have to visit the entry site and find the brief for the contest first. I think in future the brief should be included in the voting thread so that everyone  (especially those that did not enter) can vote according to what the brief was. I'll come back to vote.

I must say... entry 2 would make it onto the table every game for me. If it had small openings (window like ones) on the bottom level and at about halfway it would be a very good 3 level building that a blunderbuss unit could hide out in taking out a large 24+ inch wide chunk of the board with St5 shooting.

My CD Blog can be found here http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...p?tid=3646
01-17-2010 10:23 PM
Bolg
Greater Bunny of Hashut

RE: Artisan's Contest 6- Voting ThreadBolg 01-18-2010

@The snowman, a link in the topic would be handy. for now: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...p?tid=6593

I follow CDO on twitter (http://twitter.com/ChaosDwarfs) works great for finding(and re-finding) all those important threats.

01-18-2010 12:08 PM
Willmark Away
Dark Lord of Hashut

RE: Artisan's Contest 6- Voting ThreadWillmark 01-18-2010

Hey clam get on Twitter!

Sorry on the delay guys (for the winner annoucement thread) I'll try to get ot done tonight.

01-18-2010 12:21 PM
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Artisan's Contest XV - Winners! Admiral 13 2,210 07-26-2014 04:12 AM
Last Post: Admiral
  Artisan's Contest XV - Voting! Admiral 30 3,151 07-24-2014 09:03 AM
  Artisan's Contest XV Admiral 51 5,165 07-14-2014 04:05 PM
  Golden Hat XX Voting Thread Nicodemus 60 7,964 12-08-2013 05:20 PM
Last Post: Bloodbeard