Pages (8): « First [1] 2 3 4 5 Next > Last »
[Blood Bowl] Zharr-Naggrund Juggernauts
Author Message[Blood Bowl] Zharr-Naggrund Juggernauts
Red Skullz
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 106
Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS                               
[Blood Bowl] Zharr-Naggrund JuggernautsRed Skullz 02-17-2010

Hello all!

Didn`t realise that I`ve been a member for this long but I think I must`ve seen Xanders plog on Warseer and joined because of it.

Anyways. I primarily play three games these days, 40K, FoW and BB (in that order). Did play FB for 11-13 odd years or something so I`ve played against CD when they had a valid list and support for their minis.
Now when I started with BB I made two teams. One ork (longtime greenskin player) and a chaos dwarf team which you can see more of here:
http://www.anarchy.bloodbowlleague.com/d...p=tm&t=hoo
By clicking on the team roster and then on a player you can see pics of them. Not going to bin that team but they`ve played their part imo.

Now this will be the "re-boot" model-wise and I`ll make a new team named the Z-N Juggernauts as I think that CDs are a great team!
Lots of text so far so here`s a pic:

I wanted them more real-sized this time but looking like they could move. I chopped and trimmed down a Catachan, trimmed a chaos warrior helmet (please ignore the pink) and used Flagellant arms.
Scalewise I think they`re spot on! Next will be greenstuffing shoulder, elbow and knee pads as well a beard and other details.

Hope you like so far so stay tuned!

R

PS: never got an answer if it was okey to put a BB log in here so if it`s wrong please move it to the right location Happy

Team Anarchy, gaming community (in norwegian).

This post was last modified: 03-06-2010 04:14 AM by Red Skullz.

02-17-2010 06:39 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bassman
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 640
Golden Hat - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat  - Gold x2                               
RE: [Blood Bowl] ZD-JuggernautsBassman 02-18-2010

I think it's ok to post Bloob bowl here... but I'm not a mod Wink

Nice conversion. I'd like to see next steps. Just remember to give him a nice dwarf beard Wink

Alan the evil Wrote:
bassman spoke... and I do agree!!

Are you interested in the Last Supper by Leonardo da Vinci? Check here: http://milanoarte.net/en/tour/the-last-s...ly-for-you

Bored of slashing your slaves? Take a vacation in Milan:
http://www.milantour.net

02-18-2010 11:31 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Loki
Wearer of the Big Hat

Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 269
Best Attitude - 2009 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: [Blood Bowl] ZD-JuggernautsLoki 02-18-2010

Some great work Red Skullz, great idea using the Catachan model its worked really well, i look forward to seeing more of your team as you build them  Happy have you thought how you will do the hobgoblins ?

Fequiil Said
------------------------------------------------
yeah, everybody can just say that, but when loki speaks...
everything is different.Wink

02-18-2010 11:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AGPO
BOAR CENTAUR!

Group: Mods of Hashut
Slaves: 1271

RE: [Blood Bowl] ZD-JuggernautsAGPO 02-18-2010

BB blogs are fine, especially Chaos Dwar related ones. Cheers!

That's a really original take on a Chaos Dwarf blood bowl player though I must say. I'm really looking forward to seeing this project progress.

Check out my blogs!:
Chaos Dwarfs (6/6/09)Other shiny things (13/11/11)

I follow the Grumpy But Responsible Gamers' Charter. Join us!

Sojourn Wrote:
FYI Wilmark, the only alcohol I'm drinking is from that bucket

02-18-2010 12:06 PM
Red Skullz
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS                               
RE: [Blood Bowl] ZD-JuggernautsRed Skullz 02-18-2010

Thanks guys!

@Bassman:
I`ll take pics as I do this stage by stage so no worry Happy I`ve got some nice ideas for a team captain as well, helmetless so should be a challenge!

@Loki:
I think I`ve found legs and torso that should work well, but I need to blue-tac and try it out before I can say more. The hobgoblins are my biggest challenge as I`ve got great solutions for the mino and bullcentaurs Happy

R

02-18-2010 12:10 PM
Bassman
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Slaves: 640
Golden Hat - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat  - Gold x2                               
RE: [Blood Bowl] ZD-JuggernautsBassman 02-18-2010

For hobgoblins you could go the skaven way. I've seen wonder in this website with the use of skaven plastic sprues.....

Alan the evil Wrote:
bassman spoke... and I do agree!!

Are you interested in the Last Supper by Leonardo da Vinci? Check here: http://milanoarte.net/en/tour/the-last-s...ly-for-you

Bored of slashing your slaves? Take a vacation in Milan:
http://www.milantour.net

02-18-2010 01:28 PM
Red Skullz
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

RE: [Blood Bowl] ZD-JuggernautsRed Skullz 02-18-2010

I thought I`d once again do it from my 40k bitz for general body-shape. I want my team to look like they could move properly and you need pants for that imo, lol! The hobgoblins will get helmets with mouthguards as well.

But in general, are hobgoblins more or less the same height as a human or are they in-between a gobbo and a humie?

R

02-18-2010 02:21 PM
Red Skullz
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

RE: [Blood Bowl] ZD-JuggernautsRed Skullz 02-19-2010

Got down with some greenstuff:

Looks really rough on the pic, a lot more than IRL...
I`m using one of the new plastic minotaurs for this team as I actually like the models (heard a lot of people not liking them). Hence going for this type of pads to try and keep a relative uniform look on the team. All in all things are shaping up as I want them to, just need to squeese in a beard there or just leave them shaven? Nah, need beards Wink

t

02-19-2010 04:47 PM
Red Skullz
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

RE: [Blood Bowl] ZD-JuggernautsRed Skullz 02-19-2010

Quick update!

Found a way of integrating teeth and beard which works quite well. Think I need to do something with the nose area on the helmet since CDs has quite pointy noses.

R

02-19-2010 06:33 PM
Joshmohr
Bull Centaur

Slaves: 65

RE: [Blood Bowl] ZD-JuggernautsJoshmohr 02-20-2010

Looking good so far!

What signature?
02-20-2010 01:31 AM
Red Skullz
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

RE: [Blood Bowl] ZD-JuggernautsRed Skullz 02-20-2010

Thanks!

After some hours of sleep I`ve decided to let the helmet be open so that the nose sticks out, then make a mouthguard giving it all a more footbally look.

R

02-20-2010 01:55 AM
Red Skullz
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

RE: [Blood Bowl] Z-N- JuggernautsRed Skullz 02-20-2010

First off, small correction on the name as I wrote it wrong the first time. The team is called Z-N Juggernauts as in Zharr-Naggrund (sp?) Juggernauts.

Here`s a pic with added rivets, nose and more teeth:

I thought I could squeese in a mouthguard as well but now I`m really uncertain on if it will lift the model or obscure the lower jaw completely..thoughts anyone?

R

02-20-2010 03:59 AM
Red Skullz
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

RE: [Blood Bowl] Z-N- JuggernautsRed Skullz 02-21-2010

Some minor updates done:

Detailed the helmet more around the nose and eyeslit area. Also added rivets in a mohawk style on top which turned out pretty cool.
For the braid I used a knife to try and get it to look like hairstrands.

I still need to go over and clean up stuff here and there, might need to smooth some areas a bit more with some greenstuff as well. The last thing and the most annoying with the mini is that he tilts backwards which looks really unnatural...I need to do something with that before I basecoat him!

R

02-21-2010 04:04 AM
Loki
Wearer of the Big Hat

Best Attitude - 2009 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: [Blood Bowl] Z-N- JuggernautsLoki 02-21-2010

He is looking great,   keep up the great work Happy

Fequiil Said

02-21-2010 09:32 AM
Red Skullz
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

RE: [Blood Bowl] Z-N- JuggernautsRed Skullz 02-21-2010

Thanks Big Grin

R

02-21-2010 11:06 AM
Red Skullz
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

RE: [Blood Bowl] Z-N- JuggernautsRed Skullz 03-03-2010

Back again! Been busy with work lately but now I have 11 weeks of being daddy daycare so should be able to pick up the pace hobby-wise Happy

While I was away on work I decided to spike up the first blocker more, started with the mohawk on the helmet but I added a few more here and there:

I also tilted him forwards a tad so it all looks a bit more natural. I like how it`s shaping up so after smoothing out a few things like the sides on the helmet I should be able to paint him up.

Other than that I got a few more blockers on the way:

It all takes quite a lot of time, waiting that is. Need to do the greenstuffing in steps so I don`t mess everything up.

R

03-03-2010 05:00 AM
Loki
Wearer of the Big Hat

RE: [Blood Bowl] Z-N- JuggernautsLoki 03-03-2010

Once again great work Red Skullz they are looking great, looking forward to seeing what colour scheme you go with Happy

Fequiil Said

03-03-2010 07:48 AM
Thorne
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Slaves: 300
Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: [Blood Bowl] Z-N- JuggernautsThorne 03-03-2010

Reminds me of the good old 1980's wrestling I cant quite remember the name of the tag team ... Love them !

1, Come see things the space dwarf way.

2, My bases and scenic store

3, My spectre scenic products blog.
03-03-2010 07:51 AM
Red Skullz
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

RE: [Blood Bowl] Z-N- JuggernautsRed Skullz 03-03-2010

@Loki:
Thanks mate! I plan on dark red and black. My other two main BB teams are variations of red and white so I thoght I`d darken it all up a bit with these guys Happy

@Thorne:
Demolition you mean Wink Thanks, hadn`t thought of them or maybe I did indirectly, lol!

R

03-03-2010 08:48 AM
Red Skullz
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

RE: [Blood Bowl] Z-N- JuggernautsRed Skullz 03-04-2010

Here`s some WiPs of where I`m at:

Nr.1 from the left is a tad nurgle inspired with the cyclopean eye on the helmet. I`m thinking of adding spikes all over the helmet like that guy in Slipknot.
In the middle we have the team captain. Gave him some more braided beard as it suits his stature. Same with the extra large fangs he has. Still need a mustache.
Nr.3 on the far right is the one closest to basecoating. Really like that spiky thing on his gauntlet, looks nasty!

R

03-04-2010 09:00 AM
Pages (8): « First [1] 2 3 4 5 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  (07/05/2015) Hunter's Big Hats - Blood Bowl Hunter 20 5,592 05-09-2015 05:08 AM
Last Post: Miasma
  Blood Bowl ala tjub tjub 39 32,391 12-29-2011 02:27 AM
Last Post: vulcanologist
  Classic CD Blood Bowl Team (new Blocker 28 Jul) axiom 20 10,144 07-28-2011 08:30 AM
Last Post: axiom

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites