Pages (3): « First [1] 2 3 Next > Last »
The Word of Hashut- Issue #8
Author MessageThe Word of Hashut- Issue #8
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 1178
Artisan's Contest - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Overall Member - 2007 Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS                               
The Word of Hashut- Issue #8Willmark 04-10-2010

Click here to download The Word of Hashut No.8!

Well you know the story, if we say its going to be out on X date... add two weeks to your time frame. All told not too bad as we got through the corrections in a timely manner. Also some of you who submitted some articles will notice they are not in this issue, never fear. This issue ran very long in terms of article length so it necessitated some changes. Once we get to around 100 pages in length for any issue I put the brakes on. But enough of the talk about deadlines and such!

Much like past issues of the Word of Hashut you will find tons of cool stuff inside and I'm not going to spoil it. There is one article that I'm especially proud of: the Arena of Death Part II. This is a redo of a old white dwarf article updated for 7th edition rules. I'm sure you'll find the final combatants a surprise... we sure did. I'm sure its going to generate some "interest" from around the web.

Also of special note is that this time we used a lot of minis from around the web, I've tried my best to identify and properly label them all. If there is an error or something is miss-labeled let me know. Please keep in mind this was not done to intentionally slight anyone and at this stage we have contacted almost everyone whose minis appear that are not members of the site.

Special kudos to our cover artist Skink! whose art was bumped a few times in the process of designing the last two issues. So hats off to him for his patience and hard work: Many thanks Skink.

There is much more to this issue but I'll leave it up to you to find. For this issue the main link is a file size is 91.5 megs and is suitable for printing.

As with previous issues there are a few more ways to view the Word of Hashut:

FOR THOSE WITH LOW SPEED CONNECTIONS: you can access a low res (its around 15.2 megs) version here (caution it will look terrible if you print it from this file)
Click here to download the Low Rez version of The Word of Hashut!

View on Issuu!
http://issuu.com/wordofhashut/docs/woh08 (this will be up shortly)

As I always say there will be something that we have missed so please let me know and we will get it corrected.

Special thanks to Swissdictator and Cornixt for helping with the proofing process.

So with that we close out our last issue before  the next milestone: Issue #9 and the 2-year anniversary of the Word of Hashut. Wow, two years? Where did the time go?

Willmark

My Want List / My Trade List

This post was last modified: 04-12-2010 10:51 PM by Willmark.

04-10-2010 10:17 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nicodemus
Grand Imperious Sorcerer of the Forge

Market Rep: 40
Slaves: 1231
Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Best Attitude - 2010 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2011 Golden Hat - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2013 Photobucket Migration Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: The Word of Hashut- Issue #8Nicodemus 04-10-2010

Whoot whoot... thanks for the great weekend news Willmark!

~N

Nicodemus' adage: "It is not enough to bash in skulls, we must bash in minds!"

Nicodemus' Forge of Unfinished Business (Chaos Dwarf Blog) and Non-Dawi'Zharr Blog
Warhammer Quest & Dreams of Hashut (3D Tile Creation Blog - Dawi Underway & More!!)
Chaos Dwarf 'Quest Blog (Download the Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarfs Roleplay Book )
Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarf Expansion (Board Game Geek)

04-10-2010 10:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

Artisan's Contest - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Overall Member - 2007 Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS                               
RE: The Word of Hashut- Issue #8Willmark 04-10-2010

Thank you for being part of it, I enjoyed your article.

04-10-2010 10:35 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ancient History
Bull Centaur

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 269
Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: The Word of Hashut- Issue #8Ancient History 04-11-2010

Yay, the hat article made it. Takes Hat off

04-11-2010 12:49 AM
Tarrakk Blackhand
Tarrakk Blackhand LIVES!!!

Group: Immortals
Slaves: 637
Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: The Word of Hashut- Issue #8Tarrakk Blackhand 04-11-2010

Nice stuff! 2 years is a long time on the web!

Maybe sometime in the future one of my models might actually make it to the magazine. I'm not the best builder though.

(Edit)  - Looking over older WoH, I see that my Hobgoblin archers actually made WOH #5. ...and my store business card is in Issue #3 and #4...ThanX for letting me in those times!

Amaze your friends when you post your Chaos Dwarf model pictures on our forum at http://www.monster-hobbies.com today!

This post was last modified: 04-11-2010 02:24 AM by Tarrakk Blackhand.

04-11-2010 01:26 AM
Bassman
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Slaves: 640
Golden Hat - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat  - Gold x2                               
RE: The Word of Hashut- Issue #8Bassman 04-11-2010

Nice surprise this morning to find the new WoH. Nice reading before a tournament day Big Grin

Alan the evil Wrote:
bassman spoke... and I do agree!!

Are you interested in the Last Supper by Leonardo da Vinci? Check here: http://milanoarte.net/en/tour/the-last-s...ly-for-you

Bored of slashing your slaves? Take a vacation in Milan:
http://www.milantour.net

04-11-2010 02:24 AM
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 444
Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best Contributor - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: The Word of Hashut- Issue #8Thommy H 04-11-2010

Whoa, I had no idea Astragoth was that hard Shock

Hm...I'm actually sort of embarrassed - it's not a great demonstration of balanced rules when your wizard special character can kill Karl Franz and his dragon.

Serial Writist - lots and lots of short fiction, written by me, regularly updated.

My models:
The Legion of Astragoth | The Dark Crusade of Mousillon | The Destroyer Cult | Les Défenseurs du Béniterre | Storm Over Béniterre | Force Belial

My rules:
Chaos Dwarfs Warscroll Compendium

04-11-2010 03:13 AM
Nicodemus
Grand Imperious Sorcerer of the Forge

Market Rep: 40
Slaves: 1231
Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Best Attitude - 2010 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2011 Golden Hat - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2013 Photobucket Migration Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: The Word of Hashut- Issue #8Nicodemus 04-11-2010

Tarrakk Blackhand Wrote:
Maybe sometime in the future one of my models might actually make it to the magazine. I'm not the best builder though.

Me either Tarrakk,

I'm hoping I'll be able to get in some day just by sheer weight of numbers... I'm still slowly working on my 10K CD army.

Nicodemus' adage: "It is not enough to bash in skulls, we must bash in minds!"

Nicodemus' Forge of Unfinished Business (Chaos Dwarf Blog) and Non-Dawi'Zharr Blog
Warhammer Quest & Dreams of Hashut (3D Tile Creation Blog - Dawi Underway & More!!)
Chaos Dwarf 'Quest Blog (Download the Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarfs Roleplay Book )
Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarf Expansion (Board Game Geek)

04-11-2010 03:28 AM
Forgefire
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Slaves: 398
Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Silver Scribe's Contest Bronze                               
RE: The Word of Hashut- Issue #8Forgefire 04-11-2010

Great work! Really liked this issue Takes Hat off !

04-11-2010 04:38 AM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 1159
Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: The Word of Hashut- Issue #8Zanko 04-11-2010

Like usual ... awesome ezine! Takes Hat off

So much stuff to read and view!

I'm sure I will have a very informativ and pleasant sunday! Big Grin

Hashut!

"Frurndar are still existing!"
               The Lizard King 

04-11-2010 04:52 AM
Thorne
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 300
Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: The Word of Hashut- Issue #8Thorne 04-11-2010

Just about to start reading, Been looking forward to this one Big Grin Dabs down for the next fiction peice, Any requests ?

1, Come see things the space dwarf way.

2, My bases and scenic store

3, My spectre scenic products blog.

This post was last modified: 04-11-2010 05:20 AM by Thorne.

04-11-2010 05:10 AM
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

RE: The Word of Hashut- Issue #8Willmark 04-11-2010

Thommy H Wrote:

Hm...I'm actually sort of embarrassed - it's not a great demonstration of balanced rules when your wizard special character can kill Karl Franz and his dragon.

Notice who he was against however in the finals: Settra. They had something in common wit the multiple saves. Of course if someone else does the same thing it will probably have different results. Who would have thought Skulltaker wouldn't make it out of the first round????

04-11-2010 07:59 AM
clam
Slave to Darkness

Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 1251
Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: The Word of Hashut- Issue #8clam 04-11-2010

Yet again a great read. Really enjoyed the returne of Arena of Death and the Warhammer Quest - spoiling an old man, you are.

And the 'Shadow and flame' Big Grin Baggronor, awesome, awesome work once again. WoH wouldn't be the same witout this stunning piece of art.

All-in-all a very good read - nice job everyone

and then ..., you really couldn't find any acceptable modelling/paintjobs here? - you had to turn to CMoN and fill it up with CMoN gems - now that's a bad sign Wink

Clam's Coloured Classic Collection

Follow Clamshells on Facebook

This post was last modified: 04-11-2010 03:33 PM by clam.

04-11-2010 08:38 AM
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

clam Wrote:
and then ..., you really couldn't find an acceptable modelling/paintjobs here? - you had to turn to CMoN and fill it op with CMoN gems - now that's a bad sign Wink

Nope more along the lines of trying something different. WoH is about presenting Chaos Dwarfs first and foremost.

There are plenty of cool painted minis already under consideration for Issue #9.

04-11-2010 08:44 AM
fauthsie
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Slaves: 2

RE: The Word of Hashut- Issue #8fauthsie 04-11-2010

Great read as always wilmark. A round for the WOH team...

A New Home for Campaigning

http://animositycampaigns.com/joomla
04-11-2010 09:03 AM
Swissdictator
Hashut's Code Monkey

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 1348
Best General - 2008 Best General - 2009 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best General - 2010                               
RE: The Word of Hashut- Issue #8Swissdictator 04-11-2010

I blame my dice rolling, and multiple saves...

FORGET AoS. Whoever designed it isn't fit to pour [water] out of a boot with instructions written under the heel.
04-11-2010 10:32 AM
Khan!
Bull Centaur

Slaves: 35
Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS                               
RE: The Word of Hashut- Issue #8Khan! 04-11-2010

Thommy H Wrote:

Ha ha that's exactly what I was thinking - although in a cheerful sort of way, not to be critical of the work that was put into writing him. Takes Hat off  I would also like to second clam's comment regarding Arena of Death, although from my perspective it is more like a resurrection of my childhood.

This was a pleasant surprise this morning, and contributed well to my procrastination.

Finally, I feel obligated to observe that I have a passionate nerd crush on Baggronor's artwork.

Me and Avalokitesvara - we're pals, see?
04-11-2010 11:46 AM
clam
Slave to Darkness

Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 1251
Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: The Word of Hashut- Issue #8clam 04-11-2010

Willmark Wrote:
Nope more along the lines of trying something different. WoH is about presenting Chaos Dwarfs first and foremost.

There are plenty of cool painted minis already under consideration for Issue #9.

Oh, glad to here - cause I think you have emptied that ressource as well - as there isn't may CMoN gems left to show.

Clam's Coloured Classic Collection

Follow Clamshells on Facebook

This post was last modified: 04-11-2010 12:34 PM by clam.

04-11-2010 12:34 PM
Baggronor
The Forgemaster

Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 616
Army Showcase Best Contributor - 2009 Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2010 Best Contributor - 2012 Best General - 2013 Major Prize Sponsor Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: The Word of Hashut- Issue #8Baggronor 04-11-2010

Awesome stuff as usual Happy

Quote:
Whoa, I had no idea Astragoth was that hard

Mwaaahahahahahaaaa Astragoth ftw Happy I think Flaming Sword had a lot to do with it though (that was never going to be good for Settra Cheers!). Plus, he is the High Priest of Hashut, closest thing CDs have to a ruler character, he should be up there with the big boys.

http://www.titanwargames.com
04-11-2010 01:10 PM
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

Ancient History Wrote:
Yay, the hat article made it. Takes Hat off

Yep it was the first article done actually since i moved it from #7 to #8. In fact I had it done for number 8 and it was a copy and paste.

Also kudos to you dude:
http://www.asrai.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=17697#p240854

04-11-2010 01:53 PM
Pages (3): « First [1] 2 3 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Word of Hashut # 12 Hashut's Blessing 42 29,300 06-05-2012 04:25 PM
Last Post: Baggronor
  The Word of Hashut- Issue #11 Willmark 25 20,084 02-21-2011 11:33 AM
Last Post: Nicodemus
  The Word of Hashut- Issue #10 Willmark 43 28,115 11-04-2010 06:04 AM
Last Post: vulcanologist
  The Word of Hashut- Issue #9 Willmark 30 24,435 08-12-2010 04:57 AM
Last Post: Skink