Post Reply  Post Thread 
Khorne Bloodcrushers (40k)
Author MessageKhorne Bloodcrushers (40k)
Swissdictator
Hashut's Code Monkey

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 1348
Best General - 2008 Best General - 2009 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best General - 2010                               
Khorne Bloodcrushers (40k)Swissdictator 04-16-2010

So I'm looking at making Bloodcrushers for my Chaos Daemons in 40k.

What I'm thinking of doing, partly to save money and partly to have something unique, is to convert them.

Here's what I plan to do.

Take the Chaos Knights box. When I put together the steeds I leave a gap between the two sides of the horse. I then fill this (GS). In addition, the rider will look like he is growing out of the saddle area... basically being a part of the steed itself. This would also help "fill it out".

A little bit of GS or bitz work to make it look a bit more steampunk. Using Khorne Icons here and there possibly.

I might have to use a little GS to make the heads look completely metallic.

For painting:

The "flesh" of the steed will be red, and painted just like I painted my Bloodletters. Fur/hair will be black.

Armour: Bronze metal with a silver trim OR silver armor with bronze trim OR black armor with bronze trim. Not sure yet. I might use a different style with the "riders".

What do you guys think?

FORGET AoS. Whoever designed it isn't fit to pour [water] out of a boot with instructions written under the heel.
04-16-2010 09:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Servius
Bull Centaur

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 186
Artisan's Contest - Gold Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: Khorne Bloodcrushers (40k)Servius 04-16-2010

could work.. really.. i have seen some plasticard scratch builds that turned out awesome.. they are pretty blocky to be sure... I would think that it would be easier in the long run going that route.

04-16-2010 02:11 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
furrie
hat lover

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 243

RE: Khorne Bloodcrushers (40k)furrie 04-17-2010

I think it can look silly (first image in my head looks a bit silly), but if done correctly it can become cool. As for the color scheme, its chaos give them al a diffrent armour Tongue

My blog with big hatters

Hashut's Blessing Wrote:
I like big hats and I cannot lie, you other brothers can't deny, when a dwarf walks in with an iddy biddy thing and wears it on his head, you get sprung...

Kera foehunter Wrote:
But there is only one choice
Big hats anything else is just a emo Dwarf

04-17-2010 02:00 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  bloodcrushers to bull centaurs? mcnickeyp 12 5,257 03-21-2011 10:00 PM
Last Post: Glimpse the Void
  Bloodcrushers of Khorne plastics for the Dawi Zharr Nicodemus 17 11,091 11-25-2010 05:57 PM
Last Post: Da Crusha

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites