Pages (8): « First [1] 2 3 4 5 Next > Last »
Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses
Author MessageGolden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 1361
Best Overall Member - 2009 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Gold Best Overall Member - 2010 Hellsmith - Bronze                               
Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesGrimstonefire 05-19-2010

Welcome to the 12th Golden Hat competition of Chaos Dwarfs Online!

Subject Matter
Create 5 Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses.  No command models are allowed.

Basing
For this one it would be easier to say the models have to be on game-legal 20x20mm bases.

Particulars
Due Date: 11:59 PM June 30th 2010 EST (Eastern Standard Timezone)
Subject Matter:  Create 5 Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses

What is the deadline?
Once again same basic premise as previous Golden Hats; send all entries to the Golden Hat account no later 11:59 PM June 30th 2010 (Eastern Standard Timezone). Entries will not be accepted after that date and time regardless of how cool your submission is. (Around 6 weeks to complete your entry).

If for some reason you are having trouble with your submission, contact one of the Staff. In order to avoid problems, I "highly advise" that entrants do not wait until the very last minute to submit their entries...

How to Enter
Upload up to 4 photos of your entries to the internet.  Next, send a PM to Golden Hat (a special user that all Staff have access to) containing the links where the pictures can be found. (Note: This is the same as previous Golden Hats).

If you win:
- Rightly take your place in the Golden Hat Hall of Fame, where your glory will be remembered for years to come.
- Receive the Golden Hat medal for your online persona *
- Everyone who enters gets a number of slaves equal to the number of entries. If 50 people enter we award 50 slaves to each person who entered.

*= As with previous Golden Hats; if there are more then 10 entrants the silver and bronze Golden Hat Medals will be awarded as well.

As usual once all entries are received a thread will be created for voting. And as always if there are any questions please PM me, another Staff member or post them here.

NEW FOR CDO:  Competition Veteran medals!
One of the great things about Golden Hat and the Artisans Contest is the way they they both draw so much participation from all our members. We can't all have the skills of Snotling or M3lvin, but lots of entries helps make every contest that bit more special.

For this reason we're introducing a special medal for those of you who've shown amazing commitment to the competitions. The Competition Veteran medals will recognise those who've gone the extra mile and entered many cool entries into either Golden Hat, the Artisan's Contest or both. There will be gold, silver and bronze medals as usual but beware - these medals (like all our medals) take a lot of earning. Even if you don't win a Golden Hat or Cog, there's now a goal for everyone. So what are you waiting for? - get cracking!

Medals will be awarded retrospectively for entries to date, where applicable.
- A Gold Veteran Medal winner will receive a free (excludes p&p) exclusive model from Baggronor!  Awesome!

Ever the best of friends Mum. 1953-2011   Sad

This post was last modified: 05-19-2010 05:48 PM by Xander.

05-19-2010 12:03 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 423
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesXander 05-19-2010

Sweet.  Finally have some motivation to make my own BBs!

Follow CDO on Twitter: Twitter
05-19-2010 12:40 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nicodemus
Grand Imperious Sorcerer of the Forge

Market Rep: 40
Slaves: 1232
Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Best Attitude - 2010 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2011 Golden Hat - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2013 Photobucket Migration Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesNicodemus 05-19-2010

Xander Wrote:
Sweet.  Finally have some motivation to make my own BBs!

And motivation to finish mine!

Nicodemus' adage: "It is not enough to bash in skulls, we must bash in minds!"

Nicodemus' Forge of Unfinished Business (Chaos Dwarf Blog) and Non-Dawi'Zharr Blog
Warhammer Quest & Dreams of Hashut (3D Tile Creation Blog - Dawi Underway & More!!)
Chaos Dwarf 'Quest Blog (Download the Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarfs Roleplay Book )
Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarf Expansion (Board Game Geek)

05-19-2010 12:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 1177
Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesZanko 05-19-2010

I finished my BB unit some weeks ago ... Mad   Bad timing!

Now I have to think which BB models I could use or which ones I could convert! Unsure

Hope I will get a good idea! Wink

Hashut!

"Frurndar are still existing!"
               The Lizard King 

05-19-2010 12:50 PM
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

Best Overall Member - 2009 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Gold Best Overall Member - 2010 Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesGrimstonefire 05-19-2010

Motivation to finish mine for sure.  I'm actually going to try and get these done in the next week!

05-19-2010 02:11 PM
clam
Slave to Darkness

Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 1251
Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbussesclam 05-19-2010

Cool, glad to see regular units are back.

And - like usual - a question:

Could it be proxies? I mean, could they be armed with crossbows - for those that play their CDs as regular dwarfs?

Clam's Coloured Classic Collection

Follow Clamshells on Facebook

This post was last modified: 05-19-2010 02:37 PM by clam.

05-19-2010 02:35 PM
Swissdictator
Hashut's Code Monkey

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 1348
Best General - 2008 Best General - 2009 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best General - 2010                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesSwissdictator 05-19-2010

Question: I have some sculpted Blunderbuss so.sad made for me a while back. Can I enter them on my painting skill... or would that be unfair?

FORGET AoS. Whoever designed it isn't fit to pour [water] out of a boot with instructions written under the heel.
05-19-2010 02:44 PM
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

@Clam
I'd just stick to thunderers.  They will be better in 8th anyway Wink

@Swissdictator
Not sure on that one, I'll ask my fellow staffers.

05-19-2010 02:57 PM
Bassman
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 640
Golden Hat - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat  - Gold x2                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesBassman 05-19-2010

Cool a new Golden Hat is coming!
A great competition: blunderbusses! Unfortunately I will not be in this time. I already have two units of them and do not really need any more. More urgent stuff is waiting for my conversion tools and my brushes.
However I will keep my eyes on this competition.
Big Grin

Alan the evil Wrote:
bassman spoke... and I do agree!!

Are you interested in the Last Supper by Leonardo da Vinci? Check here: http://milanoarte.net/en/tour/the-last-s...ly-for-you

Bored of slashing your slaves? Take a vacation in Milan:
http://www.milantour.net

05-19-2010 03:01 PM
Thorne
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Slaves: 300
Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesThorne 05-19-2010

Awesome ! I'll try something cool now !

1, Come see things the space dwarf way.

2, My bases and scenic store

3, My spectre scenic products blog.
05-19-2010 03:37 PM
clam
Slave to Darkness

Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 1251
Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbussesclam 05-19-2010

Only a classic Blunderbuss then .. !!?? - hmm! - think thats okay with me - as I need to paint some blunderbusses

- but I am a bit sorry to see that GH is this restricted. Just choosing a single standard CD warrior upgrade is really not 'my cup of tea'. Could cause that we see significant less entries for this one, I fear :-/

Clam's Coloured Classic Collection

Follow Clamshells on Facebook

This post was last modified: 05-20-2010 02:09 AM by clam.

05-19-2010 03:50 PM
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

Well, I think it depends on how you look at it.  Sure, by using RH it's only warriors with blunderbusses, but I know for instance that my ones probably won't be armed with a 'traditional' CD blunderbuss.

You could do an elite unit with some sort of daemon cannon each, or ones with bionic arms etc.  There are options other than just giving them a standard gun, it just takes a bit more imagination.  You probably could even make robot CD's with blunderbusses.

Basically as long as they have some sort of black powder type missile weapon I'm sure people will think they'd be fine as 'counts as' models.  We won't be that strict that we turn down entries because they don't have an actual blunderbuss like the classic models.

This post was last modified: 05-19-2010 05:44 PM by Grimstonefire.

05-19-2010 05:41 PM
Pyro Stick
Wizard of the Glen

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 931
Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesPyro Stick 05-19-2010

Well ive been looking forward to this one for a long time so im definately going to enter. Hopefully ill get started tomorrow.

My Chaos Dwarf Collection: GHXXVI

05-19-2010 06:00 PM
Mario
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Group: Dawi Zharr
Slaves: 14

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesMario 05-19-2010

Does create mean i can just paint up 5 old metal ones i got here and enter them, or do i have to convert/build them?
And can i add the one i recently painted to the 5 ones or must i do a new one.

05-19-2010 06:34 PM
m3lvin
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Group: Dawi Zharr
Slaves: 306
Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat  - Gold x2                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbussesm3lvin 05-19-2010

This theme was perfectly timed for me, blunderbusses are one of the few unit types I haven't converted yet for my army.
Maybe this could be an opportunity to start up with my CDs again, since the production has run a little slow the last months.

Although it can be hard to find time to make these, since I have another army I must finish during june for an upcoming convent.

We'll just see if I get the time to make an entry. It's indeed tempting. Cheers!

/melv

Spare time? Evaluate my Skulltank rules!
| other armies (more to come) |:
05-19-2010 06:51 PM
GRNDL
The Last Word of Hashut and Mediocrity

Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 158
Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesGRNDL 05-19-2010

This gets a pretty big "meh" from me.

Takes Hat off GRNDL's CD Army Blog  

This post was last modified: 05-19-2010 07:19 PM by GRNDL.

05-19-2010 07:19 PM
cornixt
Brewer of Daemonic Beer

Slaves: 1302
Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Attitude - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbussescornixt 05-19-2010

You don't have to convert them, you can just use regular models. Just because they are rank and file it doesn't mean you can't do something a bit different with them.

There's a lot more in the wiki than you think, check out the wiki contents

Like a Great Taurus in a Cathay shop.

"No Mr Bond, I expect you to k'daii."
05-19-2010 07:23 PM
Swissdictator
Hashut's Code Monkey

Slaves: 1348
Best General - 2008 Best General - 2009 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best General - 2010                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesSwissdictator 05-19-2010

Well if I get a green light for the guys I have sitting around, I'm in. I'm personally excited.

Besides, as has been said, you can make some really cool looking gizmo or few on them. Be it the blunderbuss it self, or a ranging device...

FORGET AoS. Whoever designed it isn't fit to pour [water] out of a boot with instructions written under the heel.
05-19-2010 08:12 PM
Da Crusha
K'daai Destroyer

Market Rep: 10
Slaves: 433
Best General - 2010                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesDa Crusha 05-19-2010

I paint all of my blunderbuss' exactly the same, my Golden hat entry is bound to look exactly like my already painted units....

Da Crusha's non-big hat army blog
Seaside Slaughter 2
05-19-2010 08:13 PM
tjub
Hat or Die!

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1308
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver x2 Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbussestjub 05-19-2010

Cool, Ive just finished converting some CD among them 15 Blunderbusses. Lucky me! Happy

Chaos Dwarf Army Blog
Other creations

GDD Wrote:
"And then children, Tjub spent 78 pages perfecting his fireborn. For such is the struggle of a CD player with a thematic army."

05-19-2010 11:59 PM
Pages (8): « First [1] 2 3 4 5 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites