Pages (14): « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 Next > Last »
Custom Dice Final Ordering Thread
Author MessageCustom Dice Final Ordering Thread
Spikes
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 43

RE: Custom Dice Final Ordering Thread: 2 Days Left - New Samples UpSpikes 07-27-2010

Nicodemus Wrote:
I'd like to cover a couple of things regarding payment for people to consider, please provide any feedback you think is warranted.

1. Although prices are all going to be quoted in $US dollars, I'm in Canada and that has some reprecussions.
Paypal's fees (from my end): Because of my location, anyone sending Paypal payments to me from either Canada or the US (paying in $US) I am charged a 2.9% fee per transaction.  (not sure if the links will work the same way for everyone who tries them, let me know if they display use-specific info)...  
For people outside of Canada or the US who send me money the charges are higher, 3.9%, plus an additional $0.30US per transaction.

2. People should expect to pay in $US dollars as those are the prices we've been talking about all along.

3. $Canadian and $US are close to parity, but not quite. For the past month or so $1CAD = $0.96USD. I'm not interested in tracking the daily rates and haggling with every individual over fractions of a cent. We should either agree to a mutually acceptable rate up-front here on the forum (barring any large swings in the rate) or just treat $1CAD = $1USD and leave it at that for simplicity.

4. I'm only an intermediary in this process.  While I have no interest in making money on any transaction, as I've already said, I have absolutely no intention of losing money either Hashut!
To this end, I suggest is that people should expect to pay me according to the following:

a.) Wait until I have contacted you with the amount you owe before sending any money via Paypal, Money Order, bank transfer, etc etc.
b.) You will pay for the number of dice you ordered (price quoted in $USD), which should be $0.39/die, plus
c.) The actual shipping rate from my address here in Canada (I'll convert it to $USD using what ever agreed-upon rate we're usi-ng - see #3 above), plus
d.) If paying by Paypal add 2.9% to your total if you are in Canada or the US, or add 3.9% to your total, then add an additional $0.30USD if you are outside N. America.

How does this sound? Anyone want out or want someone else handling this?
Any chance some folks would consider providing some Market Rep feedback for my shipping etc on the foums here?

Comments and feedback would be appreciated from all!
~N

I'm in Montreal, Canada and I agree with the above 1-2-3-4 a-b-c-d list elements. I shall pay by PayPal.

This post was last modified: 07-27-2010 09:12 AM by Spikes.

07-27-2010 09:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
frogbear
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 23

RE: Custom Dice Final Ordering Thread: 1 Day Left - New Samples Upfrogbear 07-27-2010

Hashut's Blessing Wrote:
Frogbear: nice offer, although I think Ronshank has been setting up the Australian end of payment, so check with them via PM first Wink

That's cool. I obviously did not read the whole thread  Happy

07-27-2010 09:25 AM
Hashut's Blessing
The Cakily Blessed One

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 742
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Veteran Medal - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: Custom Dice Final Ordering Thread: Last Day To OrderHashut's Blessing 07-27-2010

Not a problem, but it's best to check if Ronshank is still doing it or if you should/could take over.

Pledge: '09:+83 '10:+116 '11:+118 '12: N/A '13: N/A

WarplockMonkey Wrote:
After years of rigerous scientific reasearch, it has now been proven that there is a 50% chance that HB is 'in your fridge, eatin your cakez'.

07-27-2010 05:45 PM
Nicodemus
Grand Imperious Sorcerer of the Forge

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 40
Slaves: 1259
Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Best Attitude - 2010 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2011 Golden Hat - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2013 Photobucket Migration Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Custom Dice Final Ordering Thread: Last Day To OrderNicodemus 07-27-2010

Might as well round my total number of dice up to 50... add on 10 Vortex Orange Wink

~N

Nicodemus' adage: "It is not enough to bash in skulls, we must bash in minds!"

Nicodemus' Forge of Unfinished Business (Chaos Dwarf Blog) and Non-Dawi'Zharr Blog
Warhammer Quest & Dreams of Hashut (3D Tile Creation Blog - Dawi Underway & More!!)
Chaos Dwarf 'Quest Blog (Download the Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarfs Roleplay Book )
Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarf Expansion (Board Game Geek)

07-27-2010 09:24 PM
khedyarl
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 88

RE: Custom Dice Final Ordering Thread: Last Day To Orderkhedyarl 07-28-2010

I have no problems with that payment system.  I'm just glad someone is willing to take on this kind of responsibility, without you, we wouldn't be getting dice.

Thanks!

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate it's contents.  - HPL

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=11590
07-28-2010 12:56 AM
Pyro Stick
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 15
Slaves: 960
Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Custom Dice Final Ordering Thread: ClosedPyro Stick 07-28-2010

Ive emailed the order of to Chessex so please dont add anymore orders or try and change current ones. Once they confirm that the price is correct then Nic will pay and that will be it finally done.

My Chaos Dwarf Collection: GHXXVI

07-28-2010 05:37 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Da Crusha
K'daai Destroyer

Market Rep: 10
Slaves: 433
Best General - 2010                               
RE: Custom Dice Final Ordering Thread: ClosedDa Crusha 07-28-2010

woohoo!!! I can't wait!

Da Crusha's non-big hat army blog
Seaside Slaughter 2
07-28-2010 07:03 AM
Baggronor
The Forgemaster

Slaves: 620
Army Showcase Best Contributor - 2009 Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2010 Best Contributor - 2012 Best General - 2013 Major Prize Sponsor Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Custom Dice Final Ordering Thread: ClosedBaggronor 07-28-2010

Thanks for stepping up Nicodemus Happy

http://www.titanwargames.com
07-28-2010 07:31 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
elrodogg
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 21

RE: Custom Dice Final Ordering Thread: Closedelrodogg 07-28-2010

Definite thank you.  Pls let me know what to paypal you.

07-28-2010 09:56 AM
apocalypstia
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Slaves: 5

RE: Custom Dice Final Ordering Thread: Closedapocalypstia 07-28-2010

Sounds great looking forward to rolling those glorious new dice. So essentially just awaiting the final tally to send a total paypal, Thanks Nicodemus, Pyro and all those others who got this one done and done.

07-28-2010 10:37 AM
Nicodemus

Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Best Attitude - 2010 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2011 Golden Hat - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2013 Photobucket Migration Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Custom Dice Final Ordering Thread: ClosedNicodemus 07-28-2010

My thanks do to Pyro and Ronshank, etc for really getting the ball rolling and making this take flight.

After they arrive, I may never have this many dice at one time in my life again... Any thoughts on what I should do with all of those dice when they arrive and before I send them out??  Strip naked, roll around in them and send pics out along with everyone's dice in the mail? Shock  Wink  LOL

... or are people concerned with bad luck/karma/etc and don't want anyone else touching their dice because it'll somehow alter the probability of what will be rolled?  I draw the line and requests to use chop sticks or cooking tongs to sort all of the ~1500 dice into little baggies Tongue
~N

Nicodemus' Forge of Unfinished Business (Chaos Dwarf Blog) and Non-Dawi'Zharr Blog
Warhammer Quest & Dreams of Hashut (3D Tile Creation Blog - Dawi Underway & More!!)
Chaos Dwarf 'Quest Blog (Download the Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarfs Roleplay Book )

07-28-2010 01:03 PM
Pyro Stick
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Bronze                               

Nicodemus Wrote:
My thanks do to Pyro and Ronshank, etc for really getting the ball rolling and making this take flight.

After they arrive, I may never have this many dice at one time in my life again... Any thoughts on what I should do with all of those dice when they arrive and before I send them out??  Strip naked, roll around in them and send pics out along with everyone's dice in the mail? Shock  Wink  LOL

... or are people concerned with bad luck/karma/etc and don't want anyone else touching their dice because it'll somehow alter the probability of what will be rolled?  I draw the line and requests to use chop sticks or cooking tongs to sort all of the ~1500 dice into little baggies Tongue
~N

At least take a picture of them all. Laid out in a huge mosaic.

07-28-2010 01:06 PM
khedyarl
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Slaves: 88

RE: Custom Dice Final Ordering Thread: Closedkhedyarl 07-28-2010

How many can you fit in your mouth!

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate it's contents.  - HPL

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=11590
07-28-2010 01:31 PM
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 503
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Custom Dice Final Ordering Thread: ClosedXander 07-28-2010

Not to try and sway you too much, but the dice alloted for Vexxus and I would be great to have for Games Day for our CDO table. So be sure to send one of us your paypal account info, so we can be first in line for the delivery process. Wink

Join us on the new forum. Come help us test it out!
https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com

This post was last modified: 07-28-2010 01:59 PM by Xander.

07-28-2010 01:59 PM
Nicodemus

RE: Custom Dice Final Ordering Thread: ClosedNicodemus 07-28-2010

khedyarl Wrote:
How many can you fit in your mouth!

Don't worry folks.  I'll try this with my 50 dice Shock

Xander Wrote:
Not to try and sway you too much, but the dice alloted for Vexxus and I would be great to have for Games Day for our CDO table. So be sure to send one of us your paypal account info, so we can be first in line for the delivery process. Wink

No worries.  I was expecting to ship your dice and Vexxus' dice out on the same day or the day after I get the shipment.  In this one instance we can also discuss whether you guys want Xpress post on it as it's not going to cost too much more within Canada I don't think.  PM me your mailing info and I'll keep it at-hand.

~N

This post was last modified: 07-28-2010 02:02 PM by Nicodemus.

07-28-2010 01:59 PM
Pyro Stick
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Nicodemus Wrote:

Xander Wrote:

No worries.  I was expecting to ship your dice and Vexxus' dice out on the same day or the day after I get the shipment.  In this one instance we can also discuss whether you guys want Xpress post on it as it's not going to cost too much more within Canada I don't think.  PM me your mailing info and I'll keep it at-hand.

Since our order included dice with Red paint the order will take an extra week to process. I dont know why but thats what chessex told me. So if they started on the order tomorrow it will be ridicolously lucky if you get these for games day.

07-28-2010 03:40 PM
Hashut's Blessing
The Cakily Blessed One

Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Veteran Medal - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: Custom Dice Final Ordering Thread: ClosedHashut's Blessing 07-28-2010

That seems somewhat odd, unless they have to get more red paint in to complete the order...

Build a picture from them. CDO in 5 foot high letters?

Maybe it'll be easier for you to simply post how much each person owes in here and ask people to PM you for the Paypal address and with their house address?

WarplockMonkey Wrote:
After years of rigerous scientific reasearch, it has now been proven that there is a 50% chance that HB is 'in your fridge, eatin your cakez'.

07-28-2010 03:59 PM
Shakhorth
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 166

RE: Custom Dice Final Ordering Thread: ClosedShakhorth 07-28-2010

Build a tower out of the dice and enter it in the Artisans competition. It's a sure win. Happy

07-28-2010 04:00 PM
Pyro Stick
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Hashut's Blessing Wrote:
Maybe it'll be easier for you to simply post how much each person owes in here and ask people to PM you for the Paypal address and with their house address?

Its easy for people to work out what they owe themselves but i can post what everyone owes in the first post. Ill start doing that now so that people can be prepared to pay asap.

07-28-2010 04:04 PM
Hashut's Blessing
The Cakily Blessed One

RE: Custom Dice Final Ordering Thread: ClosedHashut's Blessing 07-28-2010

I was meaning in terms of postage and packaging Wink

Still, that'll save some time, Pyro, thanks.

WarplockMonkey Wrote:

07-28-2010 04:07 PM
Pages (14): « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  CDO Custom Dice - Ordering Thread Time of Madness 155 50,816 07-21-2010 05:57 PM
Last Post: Shakhorth

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites