Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »
The Word of Hashut- Issue #9
Author MessageThe Word of Hashut- Issue #9
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 1164
Artisan's Contest - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Overall Member - 2007 Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS                               
The Word of Hashut- Issue #9Willmark 08-04-2010

Click here to download The Word of Hashut No.9!

Over a month late. However unlike the last few times I'm not going to say that this will never happen again. the reason is unlike the last few times there was some legitimate reasons for it being this late: Namely as discussed here: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...p?tid=7955 and here: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...#pid133459

My son is doing much better now, his jaw is healed up and his surgery for something unrelated went well and he is recovering. I'm doing better day by day and tomorrow have some tests to further nail down what has been causing me issues. So suffice of to say I didn't want to get this out this late but as a wise man once said: "Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans."

On to a few more things I hope you like this issue. Considering the challenges I've had I'm glad its now done. But that also brings me to another point: there were a lot of issues with this edition, and I mean a lot. There were a lot of people who did not come through when they said they would. To be completely honest that is not fair to me or the entire Word of Hashut staff. I'm not mad, but at a time when I could least afford it, I was scrambling to fill with replacement content and the plan for this issue basically had to be chucked out the window. In the future I ask that people adhere to the deadlines and if you sign up for something follow through with it. In the bigger, broader picture it will help me get this out on time.

Onwards. There is plenty of content in this issue to enjoy and I hope you enjoy the effort.

As with previous issues there are a few more ways to view the Word of Hashut:

FOR THOSE WITH LOW SPEED CONNECTIONS: you can access a low res (its around 30 megs) version here (caution it will look terrible if you print it from this file)
Click here to download the Low Rez version of The Word of Hashut!

View on Issuu!
http://issuu.com/willmark/docs/wordofhashut9

As I always say there will be something that we have missed so please let me know and we will get it corrected.

Lastly l'm looking forward to Issue #10, we have a cool theme in mind and if we can pull it off I think everyone will appreciate it, stay tuned.

Willmark

Willmark's Dark Side Blog
My Western RPG- Hurled into Eternity
My Want List / My Trade List

This post was last modified: 10-29-2010 11:18 PM by Willmark.

08-04-2010 10:13 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nicodemus
Grand Imperious Sorcerer of the Forge

Market Rep: 40
Slaves: 1038
Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Best Attitude - 2010 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2011 Golden Hat - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2013                               
RE: The Word of Hashut- Issue #9Nicodemus 08-04-2010

Thanks to everyone involved in the latest issue!! And thanks Willmark for putting in so much time on this one at a difficult time.  Cheers mate!

~N

Nicodemus' adage: "It is not enough to bash in skulls, we must bash in minds!"

Nicodemus' Forge of Unfinished Business (Chaos Dwarf Blog) and Non-Dawi'Zharr Blog
Warhammer Quest 3D (Tile Creation Blog, *Complete*)
Chaos Dwarf 'Quest Blog (Download the Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarfs Roleplay Book )
Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarf Expansion (Board Game Geek)

08-04-2010 11:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Da Crusha
K'daai Destroyer

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 10
Slaves: 433
Best General - 2010                               
RE: The Word of Hashut- Issue #9Da Crusha 08-04-2010

oh cool I wasnt expecting WoH so its a nice surprise. downloading it now.

Da Crusha's non-big hat army blog
Seaside Slaughter 2
08-04-2010 11:37 PM
Fequiil
Bull Centaur

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 53

RE: The Word of Hashut- Issue #9Fequiil 08-05-2010

word of hashut!

08-05-2010 03:09 AM
Loki
Wearer of the Big Hat

Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 269
Best Attitude - 2009 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: The Word of Hashut- Issue #9Loki 08-05-2010

Great work Willmark and to every one else on the Word of Hashut Team, cant wait for my internet to get connected at my new house so i can down load this and start reading, only 5 days but they are going to be a long 5 days to wait

Fequiil Said
------------------------------------------------
yeah, everybody can just say that, but when loki speaks...
everything is different.Wink

08-05-2010 03:29 AM
Shakhorth
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 166

RE: The Word of Hashut- Issue #9Shakhorth 08-05-2010

Thanks for yet another great Word of Hashut!

08-05-2010 03:49 AM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 1097
Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor                               
RE: The Word of Hashut- Issue #9Zanko 08-05-2010

Thank you guys and especially Willmark for another great WoH! Takes Hat off

I will read the issue today - smooth and extensive! Wink

Hashut!

"Frurndar are still existing!"
               The Lizard King 

08-05-2010 03:54 AM
Henroth
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Slaves: 159

RE: The Word of Hashut- Issue #9Henroth 08-05-2010

It likes the front page. Happy

Faith, Patience and Resignation, greats qualities for see to the new Chaos Dwarfs.
08-05-2010 06:58 AM
Pyro Stick
Wizard of the Glen

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 900
Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver                               
RE: The Word of Hashut- Issue #9Pyro Stick 08-05-2010

Henroth Wrote:
It likes the front page. Happy

Same here. Thats a really cool piece of artwork.

My Chaos Dwarf Collection: GHXXVI

08-05-2010 07:05 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Baggronor
The Forgemaster

Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 616
Army Showcase Best Contributor - 2009 Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2010 Best Contributor - 2012 Best General - 2013 Major Prize Sponsor Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: The Word of Hashut- Issue #9Baggronor 08-05-2010

Another awesome issue, cheers guys, and in particular Willmark Cheers!

08-05-2010 07:48 AM
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

Artisan's Contest - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Overall Member - 2007 Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS                               
RE: The Word of Hashut- Issue #9Willmark 08-05-2010

No small part to you however Wink

For me the issue held a lot of promise. In particular the Campaign Pack could have been much better. Not that what we did was bad but there was supposed be a BR for each scenario... I blame myself most of all, that was way too ambitious.

This post was last modified: 08-05-2010 08:14 AM by Willmark.

08-05-2010 08:06 AM
Hashut's Blessing
The Cakily Blessed One

Group: Mods of Hashut
Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 731
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Veteran Medal - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: The Word of Hashut- Issue #9Hashut's Blessing 08-05-2010

Glad to see you managed to pull it through, shows that you're not letting the difficulties of life get the better of you! Downloading it now. Let me know if I can help with the next issue!

Pledge: '09:+83 '10:+116 '11:+118 '12: N/A '13: N/A

WarplockMonkey Wrote:
After years of rigerous scientific reasearch, it has now been proven that there is a 50% chance that HB is 'in your fridge, eatin your cakez'.

08-05-2010 08:53 AM
Sojourn
Bull Centaur Lord

Slaves: 0
Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: The Word of Hashut- Issue #9Sojourn 08-05-2010

soooo, I guess you *did* get my edits Happy glad to see that.

*wipes brow* there's plenty there this time. Happy excellent work contributors and staff!

self-assigned gold stars:

WarplockMonkey Wrote:
On special orders by Sojourn, Crayola created a Sojourn-coloured crayon. No matter what you draw with it, the result will always be a picture of Sojourn in her CDO t-shirt, looking smug.

08-05-2010 10:04 AM
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 413
Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best Contributor - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: The Word of Hashut- Issue #9Thommy H 08-05-2010

Quote:
Not that what we did was bad

We?

Serial Writist - lots and lots of short fiction, written by me, regularly updated.

My models:
The Legion of Astragoth | The Dark Crusade of Mousillon | The Destroyer Cult | Les Défenseurs du Béniterre | Storm Over Béniterre | Force Belial

My rules:
Chaos Dwarfs Warscroll Compendium

08-05-2010 10:44 AM
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

RE: The Word of Hashut- Issue #9Willmark 08-05-2010

Yes as in you wrote it, I did the layout, artists provided art. This is not a commentary on how it turned out rather I had a much bigger plan for it.

This post was last modified: 08-05-2010 11:21 AM by Willmark.

08-05-2010 11:14 AM
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best Contributor - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               

I actually think it works better just as a campaign - the battle reports would detract from the narrative at this point. They'll work better in the next issue.

Serial Writist - lots and lots of short fiction, written by me, regularly updated.

My models:
The Legion of Astragoth | The Dark Crusade of Mousillon | The Destroyer Cult | Les Défenseurs du Béniterre | Storm Over Béniterre | Force Belial

My rules:

08-05-2010 11:27 AM
Verezzo
Hobgoblin

Slaves: 8

RE: The Word of Hashut- Issue #9Verezzo 08-05-2010

Well, this is a great issue Happy - I find the vs HE tactica really useful saying as I always lose against one of my best friends High Elves (damned Dragon Prince - in the end I always just stick a massive unit of Hobgoblins on him so he can't do anything for the rest of the game Tongue Wink!

Thanks to everyone that was involved,
Verezzo

People that think Longbows are good at taking out Undead obviously haven't seen the Blunderbuss taking out Undead!
08-05-2010 12:06 PM
Obsidian
Voice of Hashut

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 225
Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Golden Hat - Silver x2                               
RE: The Word of Hashut- Issue #9Obsidian 08-05-2010

Guess I'll wait for the Issuu version as the other one makes my computer go all wonky! Sad

The Obsidian Forge
08-05-2010 01:28 PM
Ancient History
Bull Centaur

Slaves: 269
Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: The Word of Hashut- Issue #9Ancient History 08-05-2010

I gotta say Baggronor, that comic continues to impress.

Thommy H: If I'd known you were doing daemon engines, I'd have used that Earthshaking Canon to match and saved Chaos Squats for another time. Tongue

08-05-2010 01:47 PM
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

The Daemonic Engines article was actually written for the previous issue anyway - which is why it's not as 8th Edition compliant as it should have been: I had to retro-fit it at the last minute to make it work for 8th! I also didn't do a very good job of that because I didn't have the new rulebook at the time. So, if you plan to use the Daemonic Engines rules in your games, please use the following errata:

• The units' Troop Type is actually Monstrous Beast.
  • They have the special rule "Monster and Handlers". The engines count as monsters for the purposes of this rule (including taking a Monster Reaction Test if all the handlers are killed), even though they may not technically be 'monsters'.
  • The Colossal Daemonic Upgrade works as written, changing the Engine's Troop Type to Monster.

My models:

My rules:

This post was last modified: 08-05-2010 02:01 PM by Thommy H.

08-05-2010 01:59 PM
Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Word of Hashut # 12 Hashut's Blessing 42 25,401 06-05-2012 04:25 PM
Last Post: Baggronor
  The Word of Hashut- Issue #11 Willmark 25 17,774 02-21-2011 11:33 AM
Last Post: Nicodemus
  The Word of Hashut- Issue #10 Willmark 43 24,634 11-04-2010 06:04 AM
Last Post: vulcanologist