Post Reply  Post Thread 
Pages (10): « First [1] 2 3 4 5 Next > Last »
2 Votes - 5 Average   RE: Blue's Marauder MM90 Adventure **Update Nov 12th** Unit shots!
Author MessageRE: Blue's Marauder MM90 Adventure **Update Nov 12th** Unit shots!
Blue in VT
Daemon Prince of Hashut

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 360
Golden Hat - Bronze                               
RE: Blue's Marauder MM90 Adventure **Update Nov 12th** Unit shots!Blue in VT 09-13-2010

Howdy all...

So I've started in on my First MM90's...the first of, I hope, a full set of these wonderful sculpts.  This one really cracks me up...I had only seen the catalog picture of this figure before he arrived at my house and had no idea that he was 90% hair...I assumed he just had a huge beard and that there was armor visible on his back...what a shock when I first saw him...he is a "Cousin It" Chaos dwarf....haha (a character from the old TV show Adam's Family for those not familiar with the Reference)

This is my first venture into the realm of chaos...and I don't quite have that dark and creepy feeling going yet but I'm happy with the way this one came out.  I need to find a suitable...blasted wasteland looking basing theme...and obviosly he needs a shield...but over all I like it!

Let me know what you think.

Cheers,

Blue  

2017 Image Salvage

A huge thanks to Pyro for my Avatar!!
My painting/collecting blog: http://bluesmarauders.blogspot.com/

This post was last modified: 08-12-2017 12:58 AM by Admiral.

09-13-2010 11:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
nitroglysarine
Burninating the Countryside

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 200
Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: Blue's Marauder MM90 Adventurenitroglysarine 09-13-2010

"dunna-dunna-dunna-dunna - da, da, dunna-dunna-dunna-dunna - da, da"

he's awesome, looks like gift from the great bull-y one :-p

This post was last modified: 09-13-2010 11:57 AM by nitroglysarine.

09-13-2010 11:56 AM
warh
Lammasu

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 267
Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS                               
RE: Blue's Marauder MM90 Adventurewarh 09-13-2010

Great work on this one!
are you Blue in VT from Bugmans Brewery?

"In White Dwarf We Trust"

09-13-2010 12:06 PM
clam
Slave to Darkness

Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 1251
Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Blue's Marauder MM90 Adventureclam 09-13-2010

Yeah, not much armour on that hairy beast. I painted mine in my usual colour scheme - but looks so dull. Will have to redo it one day.

Yours is looking great - like the golden look of the hair. So what's next?

Clam's Coloured Classic Collection

Follow Clamshells on Facebook
09-13-2010 12:17 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Blue in VT
Daemon Prince of Hashut

Golden Hat - Bronze                               
RE: Blue's Marauder MM90 AdventureBlue in VT 09-13-2010

Thanks guys...he was fun to paint...and all that hair actually made it fairly quick...just a lot of dry brushing.

@wrath...yeah thats me!  My first love is my collection of "standard" Marauder and oop citadel Dwarf sculpts...but these CDs have forced me to think about painting dwarfs in a whole new way....I typically paint in groups of five...right now I've been painting 4 of my Dwarf Clansmen and 1 CD at a time...keeps me on my toes...and not bored.

@Clam...this guy will be my next victim:

I'm not sure what to do for his armor though...I can't decide if I want to do a whole unit theme...or have each figure be an individual.  suggestions?

Cheers,

Blue

This post was last modified: 09-13-2010 12:26 PM by Blue in VT.

09-13-2010 12:19 PM
GRNDL
The Last Word of Hashut and Mediocrity

Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 158
Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Blue's Marauder MM90 AdventureGRNDL 09-13-2010

Blue in VT Wrote:
I'm not sure what to do for his armor though...I can't decide if I want to do a whole unit theme...or have each figure be an individual.  suggestions?

That's the same dilemma that's been facing me for over a year when I embarked on a similar quest. I feel the single colour for a unit is fine, but a bit of a cop out for such special minis, but picking a colour scheme for every model seems incredibly daunting for me. (I don't have a good grasp on developing colour schemes: I tend to stick to old favourites)

Takes Hat off GRNDL's CD Army Blog  

09-13-2010 07:20 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Clinkz
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 6

RE: Blue's Marauder MM90 AdventureClinkz 09-14-2010

that first model is looking great, looking forward to seeing what you churn out in the future Happy

09-14-2010 07:18 AM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 1159
Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Blue's Marauder MM90 AdventureZanko 09-14-2010

I used for my 3rd edition warriors no special colour scheme - every model is painted individually!

But nowadays I tend to use one special colour scheme for the whole unit (like clam)!

Imo it's a really difficult decision!

Hashut!

"Frurndar are still existing!"
               The Lizard King 

09-14-2010 12:48 PM
tjub
Hat or Die!

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1264
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver x2 Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration                               
RE: Blue's Marauder MM90 Adventuretjub 09-15-2010

I love the comic in some of these older models!
Nice painting aswell...

Chaos Dwarf Army Blog
Other creations

GDD Wrote:
"And then children, Tjub spent 78 pages perfecting his fireborn. For such is the struggle of a CD player with a thematic army."

09-15-2010 12:26 AM
Blue in VT
Daemon Prince of Hashut

Golden Hat - Bronze                               
RE: Blue's Marauder MM90 AdventureBlue in VT 09-15-2010

tjub Wrote:
I love the comic in some of these older models!
Nice painting aswell...

Takes Hat off  Why thank you sir!  And I have to agree that the comic aspect of Warhammer is something I miss dearly...it made it alot of fun IMO.  Anyway...second model is progressing...I decided to go with individual color schemes...hopefully that was a good idea!  Minor setback on this one...I had tried to make a blond beard work...but it was just too bright for a Chaos dwarf so I'm having to repaint it.  I should have shots of that one up by Friday.

Cheers,

Blue

09-15-2010 09:39 AM
Blue in VT
Daemon Prince of Hashut

Golden Hat - Bronze                               
RE: Blue's Marauder MM90 AdventureBlue in VT 09-16-2010

So I "finished" my Second MM90...I have mixed feelings about how this one turned out...I'm happy with the scales and armor...though they are a little light in color...but the damn horns really gave me fits...I'm not good at horns...so I had them all highlighted and they looked like crap...so I put some Ancient Chestnut ink over top...and they turned the redish color you see in the pic...and I kinda like it.

Anyway...here it is...let me know what you think:

Cheers,

Blue

09-16-2010 11:51 AM
Bassman
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Slaves: 640
Golden Hat - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat  - Gold x2                               
RE: Blue's Marauder MM90 AdventureBassman 09-16-2010

I'm more a big hat than old stuff style like this BUT I can spot a good painter. So far so... cool! I like your style, mixing metallics and NMMs.
longing to see more.

Alan the evil Wrote:
bassman spoke... and I do agree!!

Are you interested in the Last Supper by Leonardo da Vinci? Check here: http://milanoarte.net/en/tour/the-last-s...ly-for-you

Bored of slashing your slaves? Take a vacation in Milan:
http://www.milantour.net

09-16-2010 12:22 PM
cornixt
Brewer of Daemonic Beer

Group: Hashut's Admin
Slaves: 1302
Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Attitude - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Blue's Marauder MM90 Adventurecornixt 09-16-2010

He looks great, nice to see some of the more neglected models with a good paintjob.

There's a lot more in the wiki than you think, check out the wiki contents

Like a Great Taurus in a Cathay shop.

"No Mr Bond, I expect you to k'daii."
09-16-2010 02:17 PM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 1159
Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Blue's Marauder MM90 AdventureZanko 09-16-2010

This guy looks really great! Takes Hat off

I like your painting style and the colour scheme is ace! Cheers!

Hashut!

"Frurndar are still existing!"
               The Lizard King 

09-16-2010 02:19 PM
Shakhorth
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 166

RE: Blue's Marauder MM90 AdventureShakhorth 09-16-2010

Loving your style Blue, looks very nice! Keep it up, wanna see more of these beauties.

09-16-2010 03:23 PM
Da Crusha
K'daai Destroyer

Market Rep: 10
Slaves: 433
Best General - 2010                               
RE: Blue's Marauder MM90 AdventureDa Crusha 09-16-2010

I really like those scales. would you mind telling me how you painted them?

Da Crusha's non-big hat army blog
Seaside Slaughter 2

This post was last modified: 09-16-2010 07:04 PM by Da Crusha.

09-16-2010 07:03 PM
Clinkz
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 6

RE: Blue's Marauder MM90 AdventureClinkz 09-16-2010

A very cool looking paint job, i am liking the alternative paint scheme's your coming up with too Takes Hat off

09-16-2010 08:34 PM
Fequiil
Bull Centaur

Slaves: 53

RE: Blue's Marauder MM90 AdventureFequiil 09-17-2010

those minis look really funnyTongue

09-17-2010 02:12 AM
Blue in VT
Daemon Prince of Hashut

Golden Hat - Bronze                               
RE: Blue's Marauder MM90 AdventureBlue in VT 09-17-2010

Sure Crusha....please keep in mind though that I use some very old paints so I will use very general terms for colors...In this case for the gold scales I'm using some ancient Ral Partha paints...? Gold and Silver metallic to be exact.  Anyway...I base coated black...then picked out each of the scales with a medium brown (slightly darker than Bestial brown) making sure to leave a thin black line separating the scales.  I then covered about 95% of the scale with straight up gold.  The rest is just mixing in larger amounts of silver and working out toward the lower edge of the scale covering less each time.  I think I did about 4 steps on these scales with the last on being a very small amount of straight silver right on the lower edge.  This may sound like a lot of mixing...but I just put a blob of gold on my pallet...do my first coat...mix silver right into whats left and do my second layer...add more silver and repeat.  With this many scales by the time you have finished one coat on all, you can go back to do your second as the first ones are ready for the next layer...probably only took me 15 min to go from brown to finished product.  Actually picking the scales out in brown while being sure to leave that black line is probably the hardest part. To save time on that you could probably paint them all brown and use a careful application of black wash to get the black line...but I know nothing of washes so...YMMV.

Hope that helps.

Takes Hat off thanks for the kind comments all!

I think I'll try one of the CDs with a great weapon next...just have to decide which.

Cheers,

Blue

Da Crusha Wrote:
I really like those scales. would you mind telling me how you painted them?

This post was last modified: 09-17-2010 08:12 AM by Blue in VT.

09-17-2010 08:10 AM
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

Group: Hashut's Admin
Slaves: 1178
Artisan's Contest - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Overall Member - 2007 Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS                               
RE: Blue's Marauder MM90 AdventureWillmark 09-19-2010

Blue in VT Wrote:
Howdy all...

So I've started in on my First MM90's...the first of, I hope, a full set of these wonderful sculpts.  This one really cracks me up...I had only seen the catalog picture of this figure before he arrived at my house and had no idea that he was 90% hair...I assumed he just had a huge beard and that there was armor visible on his back...what a shock when I first saw him...he is a "Cousin It" Chaos dwarf....haha (a character from the old TV show Adam's Family for those not familiar with the Reference)

This is my first venture into the realm of chaos...and I don't quite have that dark and creepy feeling going yet but I'm happy with the way this one came out.  I need to find a suitable...blasted wasteland looking basing theme...and obviosly he needs a shield...but over all I like it!

Let me know what you think.

Cheers,

Blue  

Great stuff keep it up.

My Want List / My Trade List

This post was last modified: 09-19-2010 10:02 PM by Willmark.

09-19-2010 10:01 PM
Pages (10): « First [1] 2 3 4 5 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites