Pages (26): « First [1] 2 3 4 5 Next > Last »
1 Votes - 5 Average   Pyro's Chaos Dwarf Collection: 11/01/17
Author MessagePyro's Chaos Dwarf Collection: 11/01/17
Pyro Stick
Wizard of the Glen

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 900
Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver                               
Pyro's Chaos Dwarf Collection: 11/01/17Pyro Stick 08-13-2007

I have been collecting my CD army for a bit less than two years now and i have only ever bought the original proper 3rd edition and 6th edition models as i wanted a CD army made up of the original models. When i first started with warhammer (just over two years ago) i didnt have any skill with greenstuff and im still not that good with it so i didnt even think of converting a whole CD army. I have only done one conversion with GW and that was a Skaven Standard Bearer and it turned out left handed by accident....

So when i had the money i would buy some more models for my army and i have ended up with a fairly large army of them. The problem is is that at some point i bought too many at once, got overwhelmed by the amount of models i had to paint and never got round to actually painting the army and at the moment the army has no completely painted units. They are all either as they were when bought off of ebay, undercoated, or half way through a pint job. Very few of them are good enough for me as the ones that are finished were painted probably a year and a half ago so my painting skill has greately inproved since then.

So over the next few months/years (im a slow painter as i like to spend time on each model) im hoping to finally finish of the armies paint job one unit at a time and to give them proper bases. At first i started giving them sand bases with a bit of grass. I dont know why... But now i know a bit more about their background i know that the bases have to be like i did the Master of Madness. Ive also noticed an abundance of converted/scratch built CD armies and practically no original model armies so since i almost have a complete army i thought i might as well start this thread.

Heres the army set out as it is right now. It is not a complete army yet. The blunderbuss and warrior units need more models.

Here you have a unit of 10 Bull Centaurs with standard, 15 Blunderbuss + command (no champion), a death rocket, a sorceror, hero, astragoth, 12 hobgoblins + command, 19 warriors (need one more) + command and  the bull taurus. Then you have the BFSP dwards that im painting in CD colours. And of course i have to have some of Xanders earthshakers.

This picture has my 3rd edition models in it and the rest of the 6th edition ones. Here you can see the Lammasu which im going to completely stip as it looks terrible, a decrepid Hellcannon behind it (i know i have the wheels somewhere...), and another death rocket and two bolt throwers. Then theres the Marauder Mage which is halfway through a base being built for him, a mortar, a bazooka, 3 sets of swivel guns, the full set of renegades, seven crossbowmen and the Whirlwind. In the background you can also see the Anvil of Doom that im painting using CD colours.

And in this last picture you see the beginning of my last Blunderbuss unit. It needs 12 more. Also in the background you can see the crew for an extra Swivel Gun which i dont have. And then theres the Hobgoblin Hero on wolf chasing two loner Black Orcs which are chasing a loner hobgoblin. Theres is also the Scratch Built Juggernaut whici i have yet to complete (i love the juggernaut but its a bit of a rip off)

Heres Close Ups of the units:

Decripid Hellcannon. I know i have the wheels somewhere

My Chaos Dwarf Collection: GHXXVI

This post was last modified: 01-11-2017 11:45 AM by Pyro Stick.

08-13-2007 04:21 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WarplockMonkey
Bull Centaur Hero

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 0
Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: Pyro's Original Chaos Dwarfs Army ProjectWarplockMonkey 08-13-2007

I really like the hero with the back banner. A fantastic paint job and i love the model

Lets see some conversions!

"I dont have TIME fo' pain, the only pain I'VE got time fo' is the pain I put on foos who dont know what time it is" - Terrible Terry Tate

Got an idea for that model you've always wanted to make, but couldn't find the means to convert it? Seen that bit of artwork and thought 'That would be an awesome model'? Give Warplock a PM, any sculpting/converting request considered Wink

Sojourn Wrote:
Anything Warplock says, instantly becomes fact.

08-13-2007 04:32 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pyro Stick
Wizard of the Glen

Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver                               
RE: Pyro's Original Chaos Dwarfs Army ProjectPyro Stick 08-13-2007

The base of that hero is going to be completely redone, maybe some other parts of it as well. It was one of the first i painted. Also it doesnt ahve its original banner and they are hard to find so i had to make one out of a TK standard as they are my main army. Also all of the banners are hand painted.

08-13-2007 04:53 PM
Lord Darkash
Unregistered

RE: Pyro's Original Chaos Dwarfs Army ProjectLord Darkash 08-13-2007

Like that CD anvil of doom in the background!

08-13-2007 05:12 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Ghrask Dragh
TeddyMadeMeDoIt...

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 805

RE: Pyro's Original Chaos Dwarfs Army ProjectGhrask Dragh 08-13-2007

Cheers! I love to see 'Big Hat' armies! You have a nice collection there, I like the old Black Orcs I spy down in the corner being chased by the Hobgoblin hero Happy
The banners look really well painted too!
Can't wait to see them finished...

Quote:
over the next few months (im a slow painter as i like to spend time on each model) im hoping to finally finish of the armies paint job

...though it seems I will have to!

My Chaos Dwarf Blog
08-13-2007 05:30 PM
Pyro Stick
Wizard of the Glen

RE: Pyro's Original Chaos Dwarfs Army ProjectPyro Stick 08-14-2007

WarplockMonkey Wrote:
Lets see some conversions!

.......I hate you. After you said this i couldnt stop thinking about conversions so i eventually thought of something cool and i couldnt sleep until i had thought how i was going to do every part. I dont know if it is going to turn out as a CD but its going to be based on the character i use for Roleplaying called Gatekeeper. Its going to be made from the BFSP dwarf slayer guy running around half naked with two axes

08-14-2007 11:20 AM
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 421
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Pyro's Original Chaos Dwarfs Army ProjectXander 08-14-2007

Sweet stuff, tons of WIPs and such.  We'll be starting up Golden Hat #3 very soon, that should give you a chance to convert something. Tongue

Follow CDO on Twitter: Twitter
08-14-2007 02:18 PM
Pyro Stick
Wizard of the Glen

RE: Pyro's Original Chaos Dwarfs Army ProjectPyro Stick 08-14-2007

I added a few photos to my original post.

08-14-2007 04:30 PM
cornixt
Brewer of Daemonic Beer

Slaves: 1294
Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Attitude - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Pyro's Original Chaos Dwarfs Army Projectcornixt 08-14-2007

That table looks like an old school desk.  Does it have inkwell slots?

Some great painting in there.  How do you use the 3rd ed models in the army?

08-14-2007 07:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pyro Stick
Wizard of the Glen

RE: Pyro's Original Chaos Dwarfs Army ProjectPyro Stick 08-15-2007

That table is an old school desk. I think it does have inkwells. What do you mean by how do i use them? DO you mean what rules do i use? At the moment i just use them to represent other models like i use Swivel Guns for Bolt Throwers

08-15-2007 11:18 AM
clam
Slave to Darkness

Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 1197
Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Pyro's Original Chaos Dwarfs Army Projectclam 08-15-2007

Yes it's truely a rare thing to see so many original models. I love your collection, but seeing it, makes me wanna cry. Sold my own 2000p 4ed army some years ago - oh god! I miss it. And you are even very true to the original colour schemes - so bright and clearTakes Hat off I looking forward to see some more progressCheers! Keep up the good work!

Clam's Coloured Classic Collection

Follow Clamshells on Facebook
08-15-2007 02:42 PM
Pyro Stick
Wizard of the Glen

RE: Pyro's Original Chaos Dwarfs Army ProjectPyro Stick 08-15-2007

Which unit shall i paint first then?

08-15-2007 04:00 PM
The captain
Unregistered

RE: Pyro's Original Chaos Dwarfs Army ProjectThe captain 08-16-2007

i want to see the other hero painted Tongue. Very nice old school army!

And that paint brush is crazy!

08-16-2007 09:50 AM
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 421
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Pyro's Original Chaos Dwarfs Army ProjectXander 08-16-2007

Earthshakers Wrote:

Get some wheels on these bad boys. Happy

I touched those with my bare hands! :B

Follow CDO on Twitter: Twitter
08-16-2007 10:19 AM
duktu
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

RE: Pyro's Original Chaos Dwarfs Army Projectduktu 08-16-2007

Pyro Stick Wrote:

Don't know about the unit, but if you could paint the two-headed dwarf model and post some nice pic of him, then I could steal him for my avatar Takes Hat off

I'm talking about the guy in the second rank, second from the right. This guy, and the Master of Madness are my favorite CD 3rd ed minis. Too bad I can't find them on any auctions Sad

08-16-2007 10:52 AM
Pyro Stick
Wizard of the Glen

RE: Pyro's Original Chaos Dwarfs Army ProjectPyro Stick 08-16-2007

The captain Wrote:
i want to see the other hero painted

What hero? Do you mean the Sorceror?

duktu Wrote:

Pyro Stick Wrote:

Don't know about the unit, but if you could paint the two-headed dwarf model and post some nice pic of him, then I could steal him for my avatar Takes Hat off

Ill try paint Drum and Drone soon then.

08-16-2007 11:41 AM
duktu
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

RE: Pyro's Original Chaos Dwarfs Army Projectduktu 08-16-2007

Thanks man, that would be great Happy I'll give you at least 1k slaves for that Respect to the Hat!
And thanks for reminding me their name.

08-16-2007 12:39 PM
Pyro Stick
Wizard of the Glen

RE: Pyro's Original Chaos Dwarfs Army ProjectPyro Stick 08-16-2007

duktu Wrote:
Thanks man, that would be great Happy I'll give you at least 1k slaves for that Respect to the Hat!
And thanks for reminding me their name.

Well that was the quickest renegade i ever painted. I posted the imagges in the Renegades Thread. If you are going to use the pictures for your avatar then please say in your sig or something that i painted it. If you are wanting different pictures then tell me and i will get them tomorrow. I have to finish my maths homework now.

08-16-2007 05:12 PM
The captain
Unregistered

RE: Pyro's Original Chaos Dwarfs Army ProjectThe captain 08-17-2007

Pyro Stick Wrote:

The captain Wrote:

Yeah! He'd look freaking sweet painted up like the rest of your stuff.

08-17-2007 07:08 AM
Pyro Stick
Wizard of the Glen

RE: Pyro's Original Chaos Dwarfs Army ProjectPyro Stick 08-17-2007

The captain Wrote:

Pyro Stick Wrote:

The captain Wrote:

Yeah! He'd look freaking sweet painted up like the rest of your stuff.

Ok ill try get that guy painted if i dont get distracted by another Renegade

08-17-2007 11:11 AM
Pages (26): « First [1] 2 3 4 5 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites