Post Reply  Post Thread 
Pages (26): « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Next > Last »
1 Votes - 5 Average   Pyro's Chaos Dwarf Collection: Square to Round Base Adapters
Author MessagePyro's Chaos Dwarf Collection: Square to Round Base Adapters
Pyro Stick
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 15
Slaves: 959
Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Pyro's Original CD Army Project: CROSSBOWMEN UPDATEPyro Stick 08-29-2007

I dont mind. Someone might be able to improve on it.

Im so annoyed, i ran out of Red Gore paiting these guys so i ordered some more....I got sent Scab Red instead...

My Chaos Dwarf Collection: GHXXVI

08-29-2007 05:24 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 25
Slaves: 1224
Artisan's Contest - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Overall Member - 2007 Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS                               
RE: Pyro's Original CD Army Project: CROSSBOWMEN UPDATEWillmark 08-29-2007

Yowza that is a boatload of Chaos Stunties!

My Want List / My Trade List
08-29-2007 07:50 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pyro Stick
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Pyro's Original CD Army Project: CROSSBOWMEN UPDATEPyro Stick 08-30-2007

Any suggestions for what i should paint next? Im leaning towards Bull centaurs, a War Machine or the Lamassu.

This post was last modified: 07-04-2017 07:27 AM by Pyro Stick.

08-30-2007 11:35 AM
ChaosStunty
Unregistered

RE: Pyro's Original CD Army Project: CROSSBOWMEN UPDATEChaosStunty 08-31-2007

Bull Centaurs!

08-31-2007 02:00 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Dracomancer
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 0

RE: Pyro's Original CD Army Project: CROSSBOWMEN UPDATEDracomancer 08-31-2007

War machine!

Sign this petition to allow Chaos Dwarf armies in UK Grand Tournaments, because seriously, you might as well give a few seconds of your life to a good cause Wink
08-31-2007 02:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Canix
Spirit of Hashut

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 10

RE: Pyro's Original CD Army Project: CROSSBOWMEN UPDATECanix 08-31-2007

Lammasu
To be honest i only say that cause the other two have been selected really there is no point in asking .
Evil ideaOn second thoughts make it a hobbo hero and enter him in golden hat competitionRespect to the Hat!

Realists are hampered by there inability to comprehend the true nature of reality
The Pledge 2010:
Bought:11 Painted:12
08-31-2007 04:24 PM
Khan!
Bull Centaur

Slaves: 35
Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS                               
RE: Pyro's Original CD Army Project: CROSSBOWMEN UPDATEKhan! 08-31-2007

I vote bull centaurs, as we don't see nearly enough of those!  Although, the same could be said of the lammasu....

Me and Avalokitesvara - we're pals, see?
08-31-2007 07:11 PM
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 25
Slaves: 1224
Artisan's Contest - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Overall Member - 2007 Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS                               
RE: Pyro's Original CD Army Project: CROSSBOWMEN UPDATEWillmark 08-31-2007

Bulls

My Want List / My Trade List
08-31-2007 08:49 PM
clam
Slave to Darkness

Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 1264
Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Pyro's Original CD Army Project: CROSSBOWMEN UPDATEclam 09-01-2007

Thanks for the Crossbows - they are awesome Takes Hat off - but don't you have 3 more to finish up before turning to a new project? Happy And for the next project - I would still love to se those Swivel Guns/Bazookas get some paint!

Clam's Coloured Classic Collection

Follow Clamshells on Facebook
09-01-2007 05:21 AM
Pyro Stick
Greater Daemon of Hashut

RE: Pyro's Original CD Army Project: CROSSBOWMEN UPDATEPyro Stick 09-03-2007

Awesome, I was wanting to do the bulls. I work a little bit on them all the time so they shouldnt take too long. I burnt out on the crossbowmen but ill get back to them eventually. I want something more satisfying to paint now.

This post was last modified: 07-04-2017 07:28 AM by Pyro Stick.

09-03-2007 05:05 PM
Lava Lord
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Slaves: 15

RE: Pyro's Original CD Army Project: CROSSBOWMEN UPDATELava Lord 09-03-2007

Takes Hat off very nice army!!  I'm revitalizing my army so I was hoping to get some opinions from you and otherEvil idea.  What have you decided to use as basing?  You mentioned it, but then stopped short.  Glive it up, ha ha.  

Next, do you use other painted pieces as purchased, if decent or do you always strip them?  And what is your choice for stripping?

Lastly for now, how have you found acceptance for the CD motar, swivel gun, and mostly the hell cannon..  Thanx for all and any info from you and the rest of the forum!!!  Cheers!

09-03-2007 06:57 PM
Pyro Stick
Greater Daemon of Hashut

RE: Pyro's Original CD Army Project: CROSSBOWMEN UPDATEPyro Stick 09-04-2007

For basing i think i already said. I might do lava on some bases and the rest i will PVA some sand on, ink black, drybrush with a dark grey then lightly drybrush with a codex grey. For lava i just paint lighter and lighter shades of red/orange/yellow so it would be scab red, red gore, blood red, blazing orange, sunburst yellow, bad moon yellow.

When i buy on ebay, if the paint job isn't thick i will paint over it (04/07/17: ffs did i really do this?). If its decent i will leave it until i want to paint that model. I use Nitromors for stripping but i dont like it that much. It burns the skin if you dont use gloves.

I use swivel guns as Bolt Throwers, the Mortar as an earthshakers and the Hellcannon as an earthshakers as well but i mainly got it because it looks awesome and has new chaos dwarfs.

This post was last modified: 07-04-2017 07:30 AM by Pyro Stick.

09-04-2007 11:25 AM
Pyro Stick
Greater Daemon of Hashut

RE: Pyro's Original CD Army Project: CROSSBOWMEN UPDATEPyro Stick 10-03-2007

Well i got distracted with the hellcannon so i never got around to painting the bulls so this update is just a preview of what the Warriors and Bulls are going to look like. I have finished one Warrior and most of a bull. I think i will probably be finished with the hellcannon before the bulls. You can see some parts of it in these pics.

Hopefully i will have the patience to paint them all to this standard. It always seems easier doing a good job when its a tester model.

This is basically what the bulls are going to look like. Im just finding it hard to find the right shade for the bodies. I dont think a lot of bright red will work. You can see a bit of the hellcannon in the background of this photo.

This post was last modified: 07-04-2017 07:36 AM by Pyro Stick.

10-03-2007 12:35 PM
Canix
Spirit of Hashut

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 10

RE: Pyro's Original CD Army Project: SMALL UPDATECanix 10-03-2007

That bull centaur and warrior are cool ,nice rich red colourTakes Hat off great workRespect to the Hat!

Realists are hampered by there inability to comprehend the true nature of reality
The Pledge 2010:
Bought:11 Painted:12

This post was last modified: 10-03-2007 01:48 PM by Canix.

10-03-2007 01:48 PM
Ishkur Cinderhat
The Arch Immortal

Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 87
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2007 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: Pyro's Original CD Army Project: SMALL UPDATEIshkur Cinderhat 10-03-2007

Well, if those are not intimidating hats, then I don't know what is! Big Grin

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the whole unit of Bull Centaurs.

10-03-2007 01:50 PM
clam
Slave to Darkness

Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 1264
Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Pyro's Original CD Army Project: SMALL UPDATEclam 10-03-2007

Great job Pyro. Now lets see a unit of Bulls - Please!

Clam's Coloured Classic Collection

Follow Clamshells on Facebook
10-03-2007 02:45 PM
Pyro Stick
Greater Daemon of Hashut

RE: Pyro's Original CD Army Project: SMALL UPDATEPyro Stick 10-03-2007

Do you think there is anything wrong with the bull's colour scheme? Not to much brown or too little gold?

10-03-2007 03:30 PM
Doombeard
Unregistered

RE: Pyro's Original CD Army Project: SMALL UPDATEDoombeard 10-04-2007

i got a back banner pole from ghazak khan spare if you want it for you sorceror - its not as good as the original ones but at least its something

10-04-2007 09:00 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Pyro Stick
Greater Daemon of Hashut

RE: Pyro's Original CD Army Project: SMALL UPDATEPyro Stick 10-06-2007

I think ill wait until i can get one of the originals.

The next update might be my Marauder mage.

10-06-2007 07:38 AM
AGPO
BOAR CENTAUR!

Group: Retired Staff
Slaves: 1271

RE: Pyro's Original CD Army Project: SMALL UPDATEAGPO 10-06-2007

Really nice throwback to the "red period." For those youngsters, the red period was when everything GW did had to be painted red. Its been largely lampooned as a style but Pyro's done a great job with it

Check out my blogs!:
Chaos Dwarfs (6/6/09)Other shiny things (13/11/11)

I follow the Grumpy But Responsible Gamers' Charter. Join us!

Sojourn Wrote:
FYI Wilmark, the only alcohol I'm drinking is from that bucket

10-06-2007 08:16 AM
Pages (26): « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites