Post Reply  Post Thread 
Pages (26): « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 Next > Last »
1 Votes - 5 Average   Pyro's Chaos Dwarf Collection: Square to Round Base Adapters
Author MessagePyro's Chaos Dwarf Collection: Square to Round Base Adapters
Pyro Stick
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 15
Slaves: 959
Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Pyro's Original CD Army Project: SMALL UPDATEPyro Stick 10-06-2007

I just always felt that chaos dwarfs were meant to be red. The older cartoony scheme felt a bit too bright though so im trying to darken it a bit.

My Chaos Dwarf Collection: GHXXVI

This post was last modified: 07-04-2017 07:38 AM by Pyro Stick.

10-06-2007 10:08 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ashur
Bull Centaur

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 70

RE: Pyro's Original CD Army Project: SMALL UPDATEashur 10-06-2007

that's a very nice anvil of doom. That red colour is great. better than the GW version of their uniform.
What kind of CD is the one you choose for image?

Dawi-Zharr of all countries, unite !

minies:
http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...67#pid8567

Background:

Chaos Dwarfs and Kingdoms of Ind - http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...#pid289243
The Dragon Isles - http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=17958
The edge of the World - http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=18055

Estalia:
the nature of Estalia - http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=17975
The priestess and the tarasca - http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...#pid290710
10-06-2007 10:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
zagor66
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Slaves: 0

RE: Pyro's Original CD Army Project: SMALL UPDATEzagor66 10-06-2007

Do you have rules for it in games or is it just to show off your CDs?

"And quoth the historians:
Strengh of the Inferno
Mind of the Heavens
Speed of the Tempest
Thus a miracle was born"
Dynasty warriors 4

"Suffer no guilt ye who
weilds this in the name of
Crom"

Working on a karak-a-karak dwarf army and Archaons Horde.
10-06-2007 01:05 PM
Pyro Stick
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Pyro's Original CD Army Project: SMALL UPDATEPyro Stick 10-06-2007

ashur Wrote:
What kind of CD is the one you choose for image?

Are you on about the model in my avatar? Its the Master of Maddness from the Renegades box.

@zagor: If you are on about the anvil, the only reason i have it is because i thought it would be awesome to paint in a chaos dwarf colour scheme. I dont intend to use it in my army.

10-06-2007 02:10 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pyro Stick
Greater Daemon of Hashut

RE: Pyro's Original CD Army Project. Latest Update: Warriors PreviewPyro Stick 10-28-2007

Hers a small update on the progress of my bull centaurs and a command group. And my first marauder!!! WOOOO!!!

Heres the Bull Centuars. Not much progress on them so far. Just getting down the undercoats of red gore, scorched brown, boltgun metal and shining gold.

Heres the command group that i have almost finished.

And Now. THE MARAUDER!!......and as with everything else its not finished yet. Still need to do the base.

Ill have another marauder up soon. I really like the character these models have.

This post was last modified: 07-04-2017 07:44 AM by Pyro Stick.

10-28-2007 10:05 AM
Canix
Spirit of Hashut

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 10

RE: Pyro's Original CD Army Project. Latest Update:BC Progress + Command + Marauder!!Canix 10-28-2007

Their Great ,love the rune on the drum its all coming together and i see with the marauder has the runes on his helm which goes a little to showing your colour scheme develop (see renegade comments) He looks better than the renegade perhaps its the large area covered on the other mini
Great work keep them comingTakes Hat off

Realists are hampered by there inability to comprehend the true nature of reality
The Pledge 2010:
Bought:11 Painted:12

This post was last modified: 10-30-2007 09:22 AM by Canix.

10-28-2007 10:14 AM
Pyro Stick
Greater Daemon of Hashut

RE: Pyro's Original CD Army Project. Latest Update:BC Progress + Command + Marauder!!Pyro Stick 10-28-2007

The drummer had way too much brown on him when i finished so i had to go over osme of it with different colours. It looks fine now and it will look even better with the lave.

The purple actually originated from when i painted the Undead special character Deiter on manticore which you can see in the background in the BC pics. You can see the purple used quite heavily there on the manticore wings in swirly patterns and all over his body. I will take better pics of it when Xander makes a Non - CD showcase section

10-28-2007 10:24 AM
Kera foehunter
Zharr Nauggund Alpha Female

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 153
Best Attitude - 2007 Best Attitude - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Best Attitude - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: Pyro's Original CD Army Project. Latest Update:BC Progress + Command + Marauder!!Kera foehunter 10-28-2007

what red did you use onthe ammor pyro??

The last of female chaos dwarf
10-28-2007 08:00 PM
Rumi
Unregistered

RE: Pyro's Original CD Army Project. Latest Update:BC Progress + Command + Marauder!!Rumi 10-29-2007

Personally I don't like the mardauder, The purple dosen't go with the red, aleast thats what I think..... besides that I think he looks good and your bighat models seem to be moving along nicely! Cheers!:

10-29-2007 02:29 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 25
Slaves: 1224
Artisan's Contest - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Overall Member - 2007 Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS                               
RE: Pyro's Original CD Army Project. Latest Update:BC Progress + Command + Marauder!!Willmark 10-29-2007

As before great models and painting jobs on them, simply need more shadows and the bump to excellent.

My Want List / My Trade List
10-29-2007 06:53 AM
Tallhat
Unregistered

RE: Pyro's Original CD Army Project. Latest Update:BC Progress + Command + Marauder!!Tallhat 10-29-2007

I really love your drummer. Very nice paint job especially the rune. Makes me yearn for that model even more Sad

- Tallhat

10-29-2007 11:34 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Pyro Stick
Greater Daemon of Hashut

RE: Pyro's Original CD Army Project. Latest Update:BC Progress + Command + Marauder!!Pyro Stick 10-29-2007

Kera foehunter Wrote:
what red did you use onthe ammor pyro??

The red is red gore, brown ink, red gore, blood red highlights.

@Rumi: The purple does have a purpose!! You will find out later.

Hmmmmm.....Shadows.....i might have to try this 'shadows'

10-29-2007 12:39 PM
wallacer
Hashut's cow pimp

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 1046
Artisan's Contest - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Wiki - Major Contributor Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS                               
RE: Pyro's Original CD Army Project. Latest Update:BC Progress + Command + Marauder!!wallacer 10-29-2007

I bet doing all the black lining around those arrows drove you nuts Big Grin

Army pics: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...888&page=1
10-29-2007 04:49 PM
Uzkul Werit
Daemon Prince of Hashut

Slaves: 1
Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor                               
RE: Pyro's Original CD Army Project. Latest Update:BC Progress + Command + Marauder!!Uzkul Werit 10-30-2007

Excellent work on those Big Hat Command models. Just seeing the Champion makes me green with envy!

For who knows their way around a larder better than a Halfling?
Raze their cities and loot their gold, bleed them dry and burn their souls!

Yamakaze on The Ogre Stronghold

10-30-2007 06:08 AM
Pyro Stick
Greater Daemon of Hashut

RE: Pyro's Original CD Army Project. Latest Update:BC Progress + Command + Marauder!!Pyro Stick 10-30-2007

wallacer Wrote:
I bet doing all the black lining around those arrows drove you nuts Big Grin

Me? I didnt use any black lining. Thats just (moderately) careful painting.

10-30-2007 12:32 PM
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 25
Slaves: 1224
Artisan's Contest - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Overall Member - 2007 Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS                               
RE: Pyro's Original CD Army Project. Latest Update:BC Progress + Command + Marauder!!Willmark 10-30-2007

Black lining is useful but as righty pointed out a b**ch to do in a consistent manner.

My Want List / My Trade List
10-30-2007 07:47 PM
Kera foehunter
Zharr Nauggund Alpha Female

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 153
Best Attitude - 2007 Best Attitude - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Best Attitude - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: Pyro's Original CD Army Project. Latest Update:BC Progress + Command + Marauder!!Kera foehunter 10-31-2007

thanks Pyro . great paint job (i wish my figures came out that nice)

The last of female chaos dwarf
10-31-2007 04:36 AM
wallacer
Hashut's cow pimp

Artisan's Contest - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Wiki - Major Contributor Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS                               
RE: Pyro's Original CD Army Project. Latest Update:BC Progress + Command + Marauder!!wallacer 10-31-2007

Pyro Stick Wrote:

Shock well done.
You must have a steadier hand than me.

10-31-2007 03:54 PM
Pyro Stick
Greater Daemon of Hashut

RE: Pyro's Original CD Army Project. Latest Update:BC Progress + Command + Marauder!!Pyro Stick 10-31-2007

wallacer Wrote:

Pyro Stick Wrote:

Shock well done.
You must have a steadier hand than me.

Or it could just be the brush i use with about 5 bristles Happy

10-31-2007 04:25 PM
wallacer
Hashut's cow pimp

RE: Pyro's Original CD Army Project. Latest Update:BC Progress + Command + Marauder!!wallacer 10-31-2007

Pyro Stick Wrote:
Or it could just be the brush i use with about 5 bristles Happy

You're a more patient man than I am Takes Hat off

10-31-2007 04:55 PM
Pages (26): « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites