Post Reply  Post Thread 
Pages (26): « First < Previous 22 23 24 25 [26] Last »
1 Votes - 5 Average   Pyro's Chaos Dwarf Collection: Square to Round Base Adapters
Author MessagePyro's Chaos Dwarf Collection: Square to Round Base Adapters
Pappa Midnight
Bull Centaur

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 491
Scribe's Contest Silver Golden Hat - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2016 Golden Hat - Silver x2 Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2017                               
RE: Pyro's Chaos Dwarf Collection: 11/01/17Pappa Midnight 01-16-2017

That Dark Tower from Macrocosm is HUGE! I love it! I can definitely see one of those on my painting desk in the future.
Thanks for the pic, it's the first time I've seen it.

Regards
PM

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it through not dying.
01-16-2017 07:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Slavemaster Hod
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 149
Scribe's Contest Silver Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: Pyro's Chaos Dwarf Collection: 11/01/17Slavemaster Hod 01-16-2017

That's some cool Lost Kingdom stuff. Can't wait to see what it looks like with some paint on it.

Hod's Dawi Zharr

Hod's Karag Dum Throng

Hod's CoolMiniOrNot Gallery

Hod's Sisters of the Burning Cross (Sisters of Battle 40K)
01-16-2017 10:31 AM
Pyro Stick
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 15
Slaves: 959
Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Pyro's Chaos Dwarf Collection: 11/01/17Pyro Stick 01-16-2017

Pappa Midnight Wrote:
That Dark Tower from Macrocosm is HUGE! I love it! I can definitely see one of those on my painting desk in the future.
Thanks for the pic, it's the first time I've seen it.

Its definately a lot bigger than i thought it was going to be. I was hoping it would be more true to the original. Ive finished building it now so ill throw in some blunderbuss or something to show the scale. I wish it was skinnier though (thinner walls and wheels), and more multi part, and with guns that matched its size but it was probably easier to cast this way. If i can get hold of some Hellcannon wheels i might put them on there.

Slavemaster Hod Wrote:
That's some cool Lost Kingdom stuff. Can't wait to see what it looks like with some paint on it.

Yeah the Lost Kingdom stuff looks awesome. It took a long time to grow on me though. I was so glad when they showed the axe and shield options. They look a lot better than the first ones he showed off with the massive swords. Those just looked a bit static imo. The crossbowmen look even better. I think this range is going to be the next best thing to GW releasing new CD units, or maybe if AOW were to finally make a chaos dwarf warrior unit.

My Chaos Dwarf Collection: GHXXVI

This post was last modified: 07-05-2017 07:27 AM by Pyro Stick.

01-16-2017 11:56 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Threadbare
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 269
Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Pyro's Chaos Dwarf Collection: 11/01/17Threadbare 01-17-2017

The Dark Tower looks pretty sweet, will have to pick up one of those.

I think you're right, hellcannon wheels, spikes and shields will make it even better. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

01-17-2017 04:47 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 10
Slaves: 158
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017                               
RE: Pyro's Chaos Dwarf Collection: 11/01/17Admiral 02-08-2017

Big, but not necessarily a bad thing. Hellcannon bitz improve everything. Go for it. Good plan to add further details, it will be necessary to make the colossus shine. Details are for the most part bland at the moment. Nice troll driver! Perhaps you could use the new tower as a K'daai Destroyer on magnetized base? Or an Iron Daemon, if your playing mates don't think it too oversized? It should make a good terrain piece in games if nothing else.

News on CDO: Artisan's Contest XXIX - Voting Deadline 18th of January  ...  Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings:
Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.
02-08-2017 10:27 AM
Pyro Stick
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Pyro's Chaos Dwarf Collection: 11/01/17Pyro Stick 05-16-2017

3D printer finally coming in handy haha. Found these cool 20mm square to 25mm round base adapters. I just finished printing them so this is just a quick photo with a phone.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1937476

I havent worked out how much they cost but its probably only a few pence per base at most. Now i just need to print out hundreds more Happy

Also if anyone is interested in the Dark Tower i dont really see myself ever painting and using it now so im planning on selling it. The LK CD's should be here this month, as well as the TMS Undying Dynasties, and by the time ive finished them Kingdom Death will be here so theres no point in me holding on to it. Im happy enough with two original juggernauts. So if anyone is interested in it send me a PM or it will be on eBay next Sunday.

05-16-2017 11:30 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Carcearion
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 210
Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Photobucket Migration Scribe's Contest Silver                               
RE: Pyro's Chaos Dwarf Collection: 11/01/17Carcearion 05-16-2017

Ooooh, cool stuff. Cheers!

It seems like 3D printers have endless uses for Wargamers such as ourselves. Buying one is out of the question for me (the good ones are still just too far out of my price range) but shapeway looks like it might be a good option.

"It matters not that you failed to burn the world. What matters is that you lit a fire."
- Neherazsh the Flaming Bull

My Chaos Dwarf Name Generator
Army Blog: Carcearion's Warhost of Karagazkar
Short Story: To Carve One's Fate
My Shapeways Shop: Carcearion's Bit Forge - Evil Dwarf Bits For Sale!
05-16-2017 08:51 PM
Pyro Stick
Greater Daemon of Hashut

RE: Pyro's Chaos Dwarf Collection: 11/01/17Pyro Stick 05-17-2017

Carcearion Wrote:
Ooooh, cool stuff. Cheers!

It seems like 3D printers have endless uses for Wargamers such as ourselves. Buying one is out of the question for me (the good ones are still just too far out of my price range) but shapeway looks like it might be a good option.

My one only cost £195 but i had to build it and solder it myself. It's not amazing but its good enough for just messing around with

05-17-2017 03:55 AM
Enjoysrandom
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 431
Artisan's Contest - Bronze Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor                               
RE: Pyro's Chaos Dwarf Collection: Square to Round Base AdaptersEnjoysrandom 05-17-2017

I like your base idea/find. Very handy for WHFB to AOS converting!

Check out my Google Drive, and my Ebay Store, message me if you have any questions.
05-17-2017 07:28 AM
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 499
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Pyro's Chaos Dwarf Collection: Square to Round Base AdaptersXander 08-28-2018

Pyro Stick Wrote:
Here's my GH entry. Thanks to anyone that voted for it.

Wow, Pyro! These models are stunning, are they really only 20 euros for 20 models? That seems great!
https://www.momminiaturas.com/miniaturas...s-oscuros/

Can you give a review of your buying experience with these? I may have to pick up some for myself!

Follow CDO on Twitter: Twitter
08-28-2018 08:54 PM
Pyro Stick
Greater Daemon of Hashut

RE: Pyro's Chaos Dwarf Collection: Square to Round Base AdaptersPyro Stick 08-30-2018

Xander Wrote:

Pyro Stick Wrote:
Here's my GH entry. Thanks to anyone that voted for it.

Wow, Pyro! These models are stunning, are they really only 20 euros for 20 models? That seems great!
https://www.momminiaturas.com/miniaturas...s-oscuros/

Can you give a review of your buying experience with these? I may have to pick up some for myself!

Yeah they seem cheaper than they should be but mine arrived fine and even  came with extra hand weapons and shields. The flash on the bits was insane though. They took a lot of cleaning up. That was a few years ago though so maybe things have changed since then. They are a great cheap alternative to forge world infernal guard. There were a few air bubbles around the feet but they have such a beat up look already that it isn't really an issue. I think I sent admiral a quick review of them along with some unboxing photos for an issue of WoH that hadn't materialised yet.

08-30-2018 07:02 PM
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 499
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Pyro's Chaos Dwarf Collection: Square to Round Base AdaptersXander 08-31-2018

Thanks Pyro! Very helpful.

Definitely seem worth the ticket price!

Follow CDO on Twitter: Twitter
08-31-2018 10:12 AM
Pages (26): « First < Previous 22 23 24 25 [26] Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites