Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »
Golden Hat XIV Winners
Author MessageGolden Hat XIV Winners
Willmark
Dark Shogun of Hashut

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 1179
Artisan's Contest - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Overall Member - 2007 Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS                               
Golden Hat XIV WinnersWillmark 03-19-2011

Sorry for the bit of the delay everyone I had to work a bunch today at my part time job so I was pretty busy. I got through the voting last night but was too wiped out to post the winners.

So without further delay and I'm sure there are no surprises as to who created what:

1st and Golden Hat winner - Skink
2nd and Silver Hat winner - tjub
3rd and Bronze Hat winner - Ishkur Cinderhat (tie)
3rd and Bronze Hat winner - Clam (tie)

1st, 2nd, 3rd (tie)

Medals will be awarded shortly and 12 slaves as well to everyone who participated. If this contest put you over 5 for the bronze Veterans Medal likewise send me a PM with the contests you have entered.  I believe a few might be approaching Silver as well.

Addtionally a big thanks to Nicodemus for donating a super cool Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer to the winner, Skink!

Voting Key for entries:
ENTRY #1 vulcanologist
ENTRY #2 Ishkur Cinderhat
ENTRY #3 nitroglysarine
ENTRY #4 clam
ENTRY #5 Alfract
ENTRY #6 Tarrakk Blackhand
ENTRY #7 Grimstonefire
ENTRY #8 Zanko
ENTRY #9 Kered
ENTRY #10 warh
ENTRY #11 tjub
ENTRY #12 Skink

If I missed anything let me know.
Willmark

My Want List / My Trade List

This post was last modified: 03-19-2011 08:55 PM by Willmark.

03-19-2011 08:54 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nicodemus
Grand Imperious Sorcerer of the Forge

Market Rep: 40
Slaves: 1232
Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Best Attitude - 2010 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2011 Golden Hat - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2013 Photobucket Migration Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Golden Hat XIV WinnersNicodemus 03-20-2011

Congrats!!!

Nicodemus' adage: "It is not enough to bash in skulls, we must bash in minds!"

Nicodemus' Forge of Unfinished Business (Chaos Dwarf Blog) and Non-Dawi'Zharr Blog
Warhammer Quest & Dreams of Hashut (3D Tile Creation Blog - Dawi Underway & More!!)
Chaos Dwarf 'Quest Blog (Download the Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarfs Roleplay Book )
Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarf Expansion (Board Game Geek)

03-20-2011 12:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Alfract
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 155
Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XIV WinnersAlfract 03-20-2011

Well done to everyone that entered

03-20-2011 02:24 AM
tjub
Hat or Die!

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1308
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver x2 Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat XIV Winnerstjub 03-20-2011

Congrats Skink, awesome painting there! Now Im looking forward to see all of the WIPs in people blogs.
And great work everybody who entered! If it wasnt for CDO I would be doing my 2nd Chaos Dwarfs army, so a big thank you to everybody and especially the mods who run this wonderful community....

Edit: ...and thank you for all the votes btw. Takes Hat off

Chaos Dwarf Army Blog
Other creations

GDD Wrote:
"And then children, Tjub spent 78 pages perfecting his fireborn. For such is the struggle of a CD player with a thematic army."

This post was last modified: 03-20-2011 02:42 AM by tjub.

03-20-2011 02:41 AM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 1177
Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat XIV WinnersZanko 03-20-2011

Congrats to all the worthy winners and all the other participants! Takes Hat off

Hashut!

"Frurndar are still existing!"
               The Lizard King 

03-20-2011 03:11 AM
Skink
Slann Mage Priest

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 675
Golden Hat - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Golden Hat XIV WinnersSkink 03-20-2011

Whoa!!! Thank you guys for all the votes!!! Being honest I was expecting Tjub's entry to win as it is fantastically creative!!!
...Someone might say that it's strange that the entry that caused so many problems ended up as the winner. The Italian job?

It has been a great GH all in all and congrats to the bronze, silver and all the parteipantsCheers!

"Hashut! Vorgrund! Zharr Naggrund!!" A Chaos Dwarf's battlecry.

-Chaos Dwarf Spaghetti- My Dawi Zharr blog. Comes with tomato sauce!

This post was last modified: 03-20-2011 03:44 AM by Skink.

03-20-2011 03:43 AM
vulcanologist
The Mongrel General

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 259
Veteran Medal - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat XIV Winnersvulcanologist 03-20-2011

Congratulations to all 3 medalists especially skink for winning! Well done everyone who entered I thoughti was in with a real chance this time (mine was the hero on the giant scorpion) but once again everyone else raised their game too and the standard was simply awesome! Big thanks to all the mods too for all your hard work!

Check out lots of my other stuff on my blog: MY WEBSITE: http://vulcanologists.blogspot.co.uk/

MY CHAOS DWARF ARMY BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...p?tid=7773

MY BLOG OF EVERYTHING ELSE: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=10173

MY BLOOD BOWL BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=10338

MY WEBSITE: http://vulcanologists.blogspot.co.uk/

Remember to build your new house ziggurat shaped!
03-20-2011 03:47 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tjub
Hat or Die!

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1308
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver x2 Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat XIV Winnerstjub 03-20-2011

vulcanologist Wrote:
Congratulations to all 3 medalists especially skink for winning! Well done everyone who entered I thoughti was in with a real chance this time (mine was the hero on the giant scorpion) but once again everyone else raised their game too and the standard was simply awesome! Big thanks to all the mods too for all your hard work!

I voted for your entry, liked the idea with giant black scorpions crawling the wastes and plains around our city! Happy

Chaos Dwarf Army Blog
Other creations

GDD Wrote:
"And then children, Tjub spent 78 pages perfecting his fireborn. For such is the struggle of a CD player with a thematic army."

03-20-2011 03:50 AM
nitroglysarine
Burninating the Countryside

Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 200
Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XIV Winnersnitroglysarine 03-20-2011

Congrats to all, worthy winners!

03-20-2011 04:13 AM
Bassman
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 640
Golden Hat - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat  - Gold x2                               
RE: Golden Hat XIV WinnersBassman 03-20-2011

Skink Wrote:
Whoa!!! Thank you guys for all the votes!!! Being honest I was expecting Tjub's entry to win as it is fantastically creative!!!
...Someone might say that it's strange that the entry that caused so many problems ended up as the winner. The Italian job?

It has been a great GH all in all and congrats to the bronze, silver and all the parteipantsCheers!

Yay! Italians rock Big Grin good way to celebrate the 150th anniversary, a Golden Hat for Italy Wink

Ishkur: I love your entry!

Tjubs abd Clam: my compliments Takes Hat off

This time was very hard to choose, thank you everybody to make my choice so difficult.

Alan the evil Wrote:
bassman spoke... and I do agree!!

Are you interested in the Last Supper by Leonardo da Vinci? Check here: http://milanoarte.net/en/tour/the-last-s...ly-for-you

Bored of slashing your slaves? Take a vacation in Milan:
http://www.milantour.net

03-20-2011 04:31 AM
clam
Slave to Darkness

Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 1251
Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat XIV Winnersclam 03-20-2011

Glad to see that my personal favourite - and a non-hat model - made it for a change. Awesome entry and so well deserved, Skink. Congrats Takes Hat off

Very well done all of you. One of the best GHs, IMO.

Last, thanks to those that showed my entry their support - and, of course, bigthanks to the staff for giving me an excuse to execute this idea I had so many moons ago.

Clam's Coloured Classic Collection

Follow Clamshells on Facebook

This post was last modified: 03-20-2011 04:44 AM by clam.

03-20-2011 04:41 AM
Ishkur Cinderhat
The Arch Immortal

Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 86
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2007 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: Golden Hat XIV WinnersIshkur Cinderhat 03-20-2011

Hehe, I had a feeling Skink would be among the finalists. Wink A worthy winner, you also had my vote. I had no problem with the counts-as model. It might not be recognizable as a monstrous mount at first, but it's a creative take on the topic and I loved the conversion and the paint job.

As for you, Clam - I seriously thought I would stand no chance against entries like yours, the colours and the execution are that great. Can't believe I got as many votes as you did! Some sneaky git must have slipped in a vote for mine at the last second. ^^

This GH was a blast, thanks to all who entered for yet another huge round of creativity. Takes Hat off

03-20-2011 06:42 AM
Willmark
Dark Shogun of Hashut

Slaves: 1179
Artisan's Contest - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Overall Member - 2007 Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS                               
RE: Golden Hat XIV WinnersWillmark 03-20-2011

vulcanologist Wrote:

I especially liked yours as well.

EDIT: Also, Slaves have been awarded to all who participated.

My Want List / My Trade List

This post was last modified: 03-20-2011 10:19 AM by Willmark.

03-20-2011 10:13 AM
Baggronor
The Forgemaster

Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 616
Army Showcase Best Contributor - 2009 Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2010 Best Contributor - 2012 Best General - 2013 Major Prize Sponsor Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat XIV WinnersBaggronor 03-20-2011

Grats guys Cheers! Truly awesome entries!

http://www.titanwargames.com
03-20-2011 12:00 PM
clam
Slave to Darkness

Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold                               

Ishkur Cinderhat Wrote:
As for you, Clam - I seriously thought I would stand no chance against entries like yours, the colours and the execution are that great. Can't believe I got as many votes as you did! Some sneaky git must have slipped in a vote for mine at the last second. ^^

Don't underestimate the power of the Ishkur brand Wink Quality shows. I'm impressed by the quality of you paint job. Metal are so beautifully done - and the banners swept my feet away. Excellent work, as always.

03-20-2011 03:36 PM
GRNDL
The Last Word of Hashut and Mediocrity

Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 158
Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XIV WinnersGRNDL 03-20-2011

clam Wrote:

Ishkur Cinderhat Wrote:

Don't underestimate the power of the Ishkur brand Wink Quality shows. I'm impressed by the quality of you paint job. Metal are so beautifully done - and the banners swept my feet away. Excellent work, as always.

Get a room, you two!!!  Sheesh.

Nice work from everyone, as usual and Tarrakk, very nice work with the GS.

So, where were all the controversial models???

Takes Hat off GRNDL's CD Army Blog  

03-20-2011 04:33 PM
clam
Slave to Darkness

Don't think my wife will appreciate - but - of course - she don't have to know everything, right ? Like the 500 unpainted miniatures in the closet, and my needs for more lead.

And where to find them .. well Skink's here -but think you'll find Blue's in the the off topic sub section Sad

03-20-2011 04:51 PM
Borador Away
Collector of Renegades

Market Rep: 5
Slaves: 0

RE: Golden Hat XIV WinnersBorador 03-20-2011

Congrats to the winners, kudos to all who entered, great work once again!

03-20-2011 05:55 PM
Tarrakk Blackhand
Tarrakk Blackhand LIVES!!!

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 637
Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XIV WinnersTarrakk Blackhand 03-20-2011

Great work to everyone who entered!

@ GRNDL - Thanx for noticing my work. I'm posting a you-tube video on my build of it in @ 30 seconds! Look for it im my army blog.

Amaze your friends when you post your Chaos Dwarf model pictures on our forum at http://www.monster-hobbies.com today!
03-20-2011 06:05 PM
Blue in VT
Daemon Prince of Hashut

Group: Dawi Zharr
Slaves: 360
Golden Hat - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XIV WinnersBlue in VT 03-20-2011

Takes Hat off off to all...the quality of the entries in this contest was really very impressive...kind of intimidating in fact.

and of course...inspiring...keep up the good work guys!

Blue

A huge thanks to Pyro for my Avatar!!
My painting/collecting blog: http://bluesmarauders.blogspot.com/

03-20-2011 07:58 PM
Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Golden Hat XVIII - Winners! Admiral 12 198 11-18-2017 01:12 PM
Last Post: Jackswift
  Golden Hat XXVII - Winners! Admiral 29 2,102 07-14-2017 04:36 AM