Pages (36): « First < Previous 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 Next > Last »
5 Votes - 4.8 Average   The Red Host of Nir-Kezhar [23-11-2018]
Author MessageThe Red Host of Nir-Kezhar [23-11-2018]
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 147
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017                               
RE: The Red Host of Nir-Kezhar [23-8-2017]Admiral 08-23-2017

@tjub: Tackar! Hehe, the power of coincidence! No, not a coincidence. It's an omen!

@Carcearion: Thank you! We work with visuals in models. If you can't see someone does evil, how can you tell?

@Bloodbeard: But only almost.

@Abecedar: Haha, should have figured! There was a ridiculous amount of cruelty toward Elves in the image salvage of HoH and CDO. Elves getting their heads blasted asunder by blunderbusses. Elves stretched upon altars. Elves in tarpits. Elves bombarded by Purple Sun of Xereus. Decapitated Elf heads IIRC. A flayed Elfskin (OK, I was guilty of that one). The list goes on and on.

@Ghrask Dragh: Thank you kindly! No mercy for the pointy-ears here.

A WIP matron in the grand admiral's retinue. Ideas are welcome, but frontal shots will not be taken until the sculpt is finished. To be revealed...

News on CDO: Artisan's Contest XXVII - Voting Deadline 3rd of July  ...  Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings:
Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.

This post was last modified: 08-23-2017 05:29 PM by Admiral.

08-23-2017 05:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Carcearion
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 210
Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Photobucket Migration Scribe's Contest Silver                               
RE: The Red Host of Nir-Kezhar [23-8-2017]Carcearion 08-23-2017

Oh my! and she has a Zharrling with her as well! Here is the burning question, will the young one have a beard???

We have a dashing sailor captain, and a proud mouther and child, this kit is already shaping up to be a quite a collection of characters you won’t find in any existing range Big Grin

"It matters not that you failed to burn the world. What matters is that you lit a fire."
- Neherazsh the Flaming Bull

My Chaos Dwarf Name Generator
Army Blog: Carcearion's Warhost of Karagazkar
Short Story: To Carve One's Fate
My Shapeways Shop: Carcearion's Bit Forge - Evil Dwarf Bits For Sale!

This post was last modified: 08-23-2017 06:16 PM by Carcearion.

08-23-2017 06:13 PM
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1495
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Golden Hat - Silver Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2018                               
RE: The Red Host of Nir-Kezhar [23-8-2017]tjub 08-24-2017

Looks great so far Admiral, A+ for details... Takes Hat off

Intro to 15mm Kings of War
My CDO blog containing all things Chaos Dwarf.
My various other hobby projects on Instagram.
Follow Admiralty Miniatures on Facebook!

This post was last modified: 08-24-2017 03:57 AM by tjub.

08-24-2017 12:23 AM
Enjoysrandom
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Group: Dawi Zharr
Slaves: 430
Artisan's Contest - Bronze Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor                               
RE: The Red Host of Nir-Kezhar [23-8-2017]Enjoysrandom 08-24-2017

Love it man, looks really good. Should be a fine companion for the Grand Admiral!

As for a girl in every port, what happens on the high seas stays on the high seas! boys will be boys!

Check out my Google Drive, and my Ebay Store, message me if you have any questions.
08-24-2017 03:24 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bloodbeard
Master Hellsmith of the Artillery Forge

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 834
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
RE: The Red Host of Nir-Kezhar [23-8-2017]Bloodbeard 08-24-2017

Looks to be another very interesting sculpt!

08-24-2017 05:55 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Timothy Archer
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 155

RE: The Red Host of Nir-Kezhar [23-8-2017]Timothy Archer 08-24-2017

i want to know ! ;-)

08-24-2017 08:04 AM
Ghrask Dragh
TeddyMadeMeDoIt...

Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 854

RE: The Red Host of Nir-Kezhar [23-8-2017]Ghrask Dragh 08-24-2017

Well I know you've done more with the Hat! Big Grin

I do hope the little'un already has tusks, you have a very clean and neat sculpting style (on these at least that elf is anything but clean!) It reminds me of Kev White which is every bit the compliment it's intended to be

Makes them very 'paintable', by which I mean I want to paint them!! Cheers!

Will have to stop by the store soon...

My Chaos Dwarf Blog
08-24-2017 06:14 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017                               
RE: The Red Host of Nir-Kezhar [6-9-2017]Admiral 09-06-2017

@Carcearion: Time will tell!

@tjub: Tackar!

@Enjoysrandom: Yarr! Thanks.

@Bloodbeard: Thank you!

@Timothy Archer: Soon...ish. Got some other projects to clear before sculpting can resume on the matron and child.

@Ghrask Dragh: Very good point! I've been on the fence on whether the child is old enough to sport tusks yet or not, but there is place left for them. Thank you kindly. Kev White has a great style.

The Kuthuvud of Skintaxmountain did evolve during last SM tournament. Managed some shoulder pad sculpting during the evening. Its owner has started to arm it.

News on CDO: Artisan's Contest XXVII - Voting Deadline 3rd of July  ...  Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings:
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.
09-06-2017 05:53 AM
Pappa Midnight
Bull Centaur

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 490
Scribe's Contest Silver Golden Hat - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2016 Golden Hat - Silver x2 Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2017                               
RE: The Red Host of Nir-Kezhar [23-8-2017]Pappa Midnight 09-14-2017

Carcearion Wrote:
Here is the burning question, will the young one have a beard???

I was actually wondering if the matron would have a beard...   Happy

PM

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it through not dying.
09-14-2017 11:42 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

RE: The Red Host of Nir-Kezhar [16-9-2017]Admiral 09-16-2017

@Pappa Midnight: To be revealed... Mayhap.

Harbour Skulker of Ancient Times

Since a slave, a lord and a lady will be in the same kit, better include a middling sort of scum as well. This one was done mostly as a quicker exercise in posing and anatomy. I am sure the pose came out clumsy, but cast it will be regardless. Likewise, the knives came out thicker, broader and shorter than intended. Will try and get longer, sleeker and more curved blades for similar sculpts in the future. It's a tad big. Aside from that, does anything look awry?

Equipped with a boar's tusk helmet, this lice-ridden bastard sneaks and stabs with glee, slitting purse strings and throats alike. The helmet is certainly a luxurious trophy from a previous victim of higher standing. Small chains wrap around one of his wrists. A warty scourge of the rowdy port and an unsavoury fellow on any vessel, this Hobgoblin still has his uses in boarding actions, particularly if he can sneak upon the enemy captain and deprive his crew of leadership in the midst of critical combat. The intended pose is tiptoeing forward, torso bent back, sneaky-like. However, it seem simple enough to tilt the model on a slottabase to achieve a different impression.

"Just one more cut..."

Dress inspired by Robbie McSweeney's depiction of Akkadian warriors:

Chaos Dwarf Writings:

This post was last modified: 09-17-2017 07:46 PM by Admiral.

09-16-2017 04:08 PM
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Golden Hat - Silver Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2018                               
RE: The Red Host of Nir-Kezhar [16-9-2017]tjub 09-17-2017

Dang, you should really try doing historical stuff now. Very impressive... Amazing detail! Almost too much for my taste. Tongue

09-17-2017 03:27 AM
Scar
Bull Centaur

Slaves: 200
Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Silver                               
RE: The Red Host of Nir-Kezhar [16-9-2017]Scar 09-17-2017

Very nice indeed admiral, your sculpting is getting beter and beter!

09-17-2017 05:15 AM
Grimbold Blackhammer
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Slaves: 175
Best General - 2012 Scribe's Contest Silver Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: The Red Host of Nir-Kezhar [16-9-2017]Grimbold Blackhammer 09-17-2017

Those sculpts are so detailed! *mind blown*

Grimbold Blackhammer

http://www.the-ninth-age.com/
09-17-2017 08:43 AM
Ghrask Dragh
TeddyMadeMeDoIt...

Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 854

RE: The Red Host of Nir-Kezhar [16-9-2017]Ghrask Dragh 09-17-2017

What a great sneaky little git! I like the pose, I think you already know the second pic is better, he looks like he has more evil intentions than the first

Rally great stuff again, your sculpting is very impressive!

My Chaos Dwarf Blog
09-17-2017 06:36 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

The Red Host of Nir-Kezhar [18-9-2017]Admiral 09-17-2017

@tjub: Tack så mycket! Historical miniatures are planned, but probably not for some years yet. Many areas left to sharpen before I want to tackle them. 28mm Caroleans is a must when that happens, though! As for detail, see below for overload.

@Scar: Thank you kindly, master painter! Takes Hat off

@Grimbold Blackhammer:  Thanks a lot!

@Ghrask Dragh: Thank you! Yes, the second pose (the unintentional one) works better. Glad to hear anyone of them works at all, though. I'm a bit out of my element when not sculpting bearded balls without knees.

Matron of Ancient Times

Dressed modestly in multi-layered fringed cloth draped diagonally around her pregnant body, this horned matron is no breaker of custom, as her decently chainmail-veiled face profess (bared flesh in public is the lot of concubines, temple harlots and women captured as war booty, and finally priestesses - held in awe - whose mysterious female powers are expressed through an assertive sensuality in their manners and appearance alike). Rings in the ears and around the fingers of the matron add a glitter to her rotund person, while a towering hat underscores her married status. Her prestigious position as a fertile mother is visible in the nine pteruges hanging from the backside of her hat, and indeed a similar triangular end decoration as on the family pteruges is strung on a necklace hanging from the throat of each of her children who has not yet passed into adulthood as per the ancestral rites. Note the childhood hat of her son, and the beard which is uncoiled since it is a privilege of adults only to curl their hair and whiskers.

The headgear of the matron is large, yet its form is different from male hats, and likewise unlike the masculine (and priestess) counterparts the feminine headgear is not proudly erect, standing straight up on the head, but is instead softer, backbending and receptive in shape. Her hat sports zigzag decor and pearlwork alike, and flanked by lightning bolts striking the ground rise a stylized palm ornament, in flames. This bears connotations of fertility, growth and plenty, but also of destruction, ashes and power.

The frontside of her hat is starkly adorned by a cracked skull, a constant reminder of both mortality, the work that needs to be done and the children that needs to be bred and raised. The cranial ornament upon the head of this lady is likewise a symbolic reminder for all men of the importance of defending one's tribe and precious womenfolk. It is also a mark of warning to any slave who would think of assaulting her. Behind the skull rise a a metal plate, inscribed with incantations, frequently replaced with different bronze plates bearing script as the seasonal ceremonies require. Above the runic plate sits the flat face of a potent demon of myth, bound to her will and facing the sky in order to ward off fell spirits and criminal hat-snatchers alike. The crenellated wall sitting above the demonic visage is not accidentally placed that way, for it is in fact an invocation in images for any assailant of the city walls to perish, a baleful curse upon both attackers outside the fortifications and revolting slaves within. The stretch of miniature walls and towers is likewise a proclamation of her kin's strength and endurance, as well as an announcement of the harshness needed for order to keep out chaos if civilized life is to survive.

And last but not least the crowning fortifications act as a reminder for all menfolk that should the towers be toppled and the walls fall like a downstruck hat, then their wives and concubines will become nothing but spoil for the conqueror, and their mothers and daughters will also be ravished, as is the way of mortals since time immemorial.

"You hit them hard over their heads like this, little Kralbuknezhur."

"Yes, ma'!"

Chaos Dwarf Writings:

This post was last modified: 09-17-2017 08:31 PM by Admiral.

09-17-2017 07:37 PM
Timothy Archer
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 155

RE: The Red Host of Nir-Kezhar [18-9-2017]Timothy Archer 09-17-2017

this is absolutely perfect . i love this mini , this is crazy , and the little kid is funny in a good way . i love the clothes , the hat , the chainmail face . if i can buy this piece one day i will give her a sword an play her as a castellan !!!

09-17-2017 07:56 PM
Enjoysrandom
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Slaves: 430
Artisan's Contest - Bronze Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor                               
RE: The Red Host of Nir-Kezhar [18-9-2017]Enjoysrandom 09-17-2017

Admiral that model is amazing, can't wait to have her in the collection

Check out my Google Drive, and my Ebay Store, message me if you have any questions.
09-17-2017 08:09 PM
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

RE: The Red Host of Nir-Kezhar [18-9-2017]tjub 09-18-2017

Wow, Admiral you've outdone yourself here... Amazing miniature, and wonderful detail. He got a little beard as well, and cleaver "solution" for the female. For the thing she's waving around I can only think about the show Bottom "Its a model of a moon rocket..." Shock

09-18-2017 12:21 AM
Carcearion
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 210
Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Photobucket Migration Scribe's Contest Silver                               
RE: The Red Host of Nir-Kezhar [18-9-2017]Carcearion 09-18-2017

Absolutely wonderful!

I can’t decide which of the two I like better, the Matron is incredibly elaborate and the bearding is an impressive piece all by himself - but I am a huge fan of the Admiralty Hobgoblins (they are so just so nasty looking!).

"It matters not that you failed to burn the world. What matters is that you lit a fire."
- Neherazsh the Flaming Bull

My Chaos Dwarf Name Generator
Army Blog: Carcearion's Warhost of Karagazkar
Short Story: To Carve One's Fate
My Shapeways Shop: Carcearion's Bit Forge - Evil Dwarf Bits For Sale!
09-18-2017 11:54 AM
Forgefire
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Slaves: 385
Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Silver Scribe's Contest Bronze                               
RE: The Red Host of Nir-Kezhar [18-9-2017]Forgefire 09-18-2017

Looks great cant wait too see them painted! Good job!

09-18-2017 12:06 PM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites