Pages (35): « First < Previous 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 Next > Last »
5 Votes - 4.8 Average   The Red Host of Nir-Kezhar [18-9-2017]
Author MessageThe Red Host of Nir-Kezhar [18-9-2017]
Carcearion
Lammasu

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 177
Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Photobucket Migration Scribe's Contest Silver                               
RE: The Red Host of Nir-Kezhar [10-12-2016]Carcearion 12-10-2016

Man I really love these guys!!! They are exactly how I would imagine a pair of dastardly orc herding hobs! They just look so damn mean, like they know if they aren't fierce enough their getting torn to shreds by gimpy orcs.

Can't wait until these guys are cast and out and about!

"It matters not that you failed to burn the world. What matters is that you lit a fire."
- Neherazsh the Flaming Bull

My Chaos Dwarf Name Generator
Army Blog: Carcearion's Warhost of Karagazkar
Short Story: To Carve One's Fate
My Shapeways Shop: Carcearion's Bit Forge - Evil Dwarf Bits For Sale!
12-10-2016 05:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Malorndk
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 1131
Word of Hashut - Contributor Platinum Army Medal - 6000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Platinum Best General - 2016                               
RE: The Red Host of Nir-Kezhar [10-12-2016]Malorndk 12-10-2016

I had not read up on your projects, but were not prepared for jawless WWI cruelty victims. Ugh...

The slave orc heads are nice but the Hobgoblin overseers are straight up awesome. Way past cool man. Good work!
Wee you always this good or did your sculpting skills reach new heights recently?

Army blog - Army Showcase - Project Banners - Legendary Battle
12-10-2016 06:37 PM
Slavemaster Hod
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Slaves: 149
Scribe's Contest Silver Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: The Red Host of Nir-Kezhar [10-12-2016]Slavemaster Hod 12-10-2016

Those are really nice. I like how they turned out. I might have to pick me up some of those (that is if you are castng them)

Hod's Dawi Zharr

Hod's Karag Dum Throng

Hod's CoolMiniOrNot Gallery

Hod's Sisters of the Burning Cross (Sisters of Battle 40K)
12-10-2016 09:31 PM
Bloodbeard
Master Hellsmith of the Artillery Forge

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 830
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
RE: The Red Host of Nir-Kezhar [10-12-2016]Bloodbeard 12-11-2016

Amazing sculpts. So many little details. I love how both their faces look like they threw all those knives (so many knives!) at each other.

I really like them, good job! These are gonna see some action in Frostgrave as a couple of thugs (perhaps a thug and a tunnel fighter).

12-11-2016 03:01 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Forgefire
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 398
Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Silver Scribe's Contest Bronze                               
RE: The Red Host of Nir-Kezhar [10-12-2016]Forgefire 12-11-2016

Looking great! The spear hobbo looks a bit awkward posed though, as if he's about to fall over a bit.  But i do really like the knives strapped to his back!

12-11-2016 04:59 AM
Pappa Midnight
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Slaves: 433
Scribe's Contest Silver Golden Hat - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2016 Golden Hat - Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Gold                               
RE: The Red Host of Nir-Kezhar [10-12-2016]Pappa Midnight 12-12-2016

Lovely work. They are both very nice indeed but the one with whip is my favourite. I really love the face on the nasty blighter.
A definite buy when they are released.

Regards
PM

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it through not dying.
12-12-2016 04:14 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 685
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016                               
RE: The Red Host of Nir-Kezhar [19-12-2016]Admiral 12-19-2016

@Jackswift: Thank you! Always keen to anchor fantasy further into history & mythology.

@Darkmeer: Thanks a lot!

@Zanko: Thank you! Means a lot to me.

@Helblindi: Thanks! I completely agree. I'm an amateur with strengths at details, everything else needs a lot of sharpening to say the least. I believe the Orc slaves themselves will be livelier in the depth they sport. Will keep an eye out to avoid such glaring flatness in the future if possible. And I do want your critiscism. The creator of a work is usually the most critical of it. I could list several more flaws on top of the flatness, including the lack of billowing kilts.

@Carcearion: Thank you very much! Mission accomplished, then. Cheers!

@Malorndk: You're on an evil Dwarf site, lad, get used to cruelty. Though the jawless ex-soldiers of WWI are artillery casaulties, so it's an anonymous kind of cruelty. Thanks for the praise! I'm not aware of any new heights, but as an amateur practicing I hope the practice does pay off. That said, I think the scribe and priestess sculpts are my current heights, for all their flaws.

@Slavemaster Hod: Thanks! I hope you wish to do.

@Bloodbeard: Thanks! Knives indeed. I look forward to see what people use these blighters for.

@Forgefire: Thanks! Yes, you're right on the pose, and it can't be blamed on the Hobgobbo being drunk on rum solely. Amateur sculptor, that's why. Have lots to practice on poses, among other areas.

@Pappa Midnight: Thank you very much! The whip Hobbo seems to be most people's favourites, judging by some Swedish site comments.

Evil Dwarf Cylinder Seal Rolling Pin Flatsculpts

Technical: This quick project was done at the request of Enjoysrandom, as one of several planned little breaks from the ongoing Orc slave sculpts.

This is an experiment. It's a couple of 5x10 cm flatsculpts intended to be translated into rolling pins (see also cylinder seals). Good advice was gathered from Enjoysrandom and Jackswift in particular, but I've come to realize that my steadiness of hands, eye-measurement and sense of straight symmetrical lines will not be up to the challenge of producing a cylindrical negative of the flatsculpts for resin casting. (Diameter of the cylinders will be 3 cm, take away possibly 1-2 mm.) As such I'll attempt to ask a few moulding companies, including Green Stuff World, if they have the expertise and will to carry it out on commission, and to what price. The resin moulds at Zealot will be surprisingly cheap, yet a steep commission cost could ruin the end product's price.

Should any volunteer wish to do it, then shout out! We'll see how it all turns out, but if these flatsculpts won't be turned into succesful cylinder seals soon, then perhaps the flatsculpts themselves could be cast. Either as negatives for green stuff stamps, or as resin wall pieces as the sculpts themselves are. Investigations to take place.

First of all, my sense of straight lines and symmetry are about as shaky as my sense of scale and measurement. A bit odd, given how almost all hobbies and interests involving handiwork I have had since early childhood years revolve around these, and I've also worked some with tasks requiring precision measurements (which I repeatedly failed at due to inherent weakness at this area).

This means that the plasticard panels themselves were cut to 5x10,6 or something centimetres (the extra width millimetres are there in case they would be needed for the cylinder), but I couldn't achieve perfectly straight lines after cleaning. This won't matter if the flatsculpts makes it through to cylinders, but will matter and require some hobbyist filing if the flatsculpts themselves would be cast as resin wall pieces. Furthermore, while their ends align a tad better than can be seen in the photos and they are not as wavy as they might appear, no line is perfectly straight with the wall adornments. It's all measured and very much sculpted with a ruler, but perfection it is not.

To hide these and other sculpting flaws, I went for a rougher stone texture with a less perfect finish than you would find in actual palace wall carvings in real ancient history. It should probably all come together well enough when painted, is my guess, but the customers will have to decide for themselves once they see pictures of the end products.

Reference:

Aesthetics: The top and bottom decoration borders are sculpted so as to be cross-compatible between wall sections, and this will almost certainly hold true in any potential future wall relief sculpts that might get released if these prove popular enough. The borders are there to show a mortal world caught between a rock and a hard place, with stormy lightning-ridden skies above, and hellfire and dreary underworld below, with demons and capricious gods playing cruel games with the fates of mortals in the region in-between.

Triumph & Thralldom

Sculpted with excessive, mayhap bewildering detail, these scenes and my tastes have something in common with the original Assyrian wall reliefs which inspired it: A belief in that more is more. Possibly it is just a jolly mass of chaos, and possibly it rewards the patient viewer who takes a longer look at the scenes.

The small scale of it and the original purpose of serving as a rolling pin meant that detail couldn't be taken down too intensely in the small figures, as will be obvious with the faces in particular.

The relief is divided into two halves, mimicking the Standard of your with its war and peace halves. For grimdark purposes, we instead have triumph and thralldom, i.e. the half to the left of the erupting volcano sporting evil Dwarf cruelty against a defeated Human tribe while the right side shows masses of slaves labouring at moving a stone lamassu, and the logistics involved in such an operation (simplified version of the second reference picture's two reliefs above).

Four Reliefs

The second flatsculpt is done in a different way. At the request of Enjoysrandom, this was quartered into four parts which could be rolled out all at once producing a line of scenes, but could also be used one quartered at a time, anywhere you wish on a terrain piece, i.e. producing an isolated quarter of the rolling pin and nothing else wherever you wish.

First panel based somewhat on this story, with the fourth panel sporting the burning cow from this one.

And now, your advice is wanted on the production forms!

PS.
Whatever form these gets released in, in the end, you have my full legal permission to replicate them in green stuff moulds or whatever for your and your mates' hobby needs, including for commission sculpts.
DS.

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXVIII - Deadline 9th of November ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Chaos Dwarf Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.

This post was last modified: 12-20-2016 08:28 AM by Admiral.

12-19-2016 10:23 AM
Slavemaster Hod
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Slaves: 149
Scribe's Contest Silver Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: The Red Host of Nir-Kezhar [19-12-2016]Slavemaster Hod 12-19-2016

Jeez-ma-neezzz, that is impressive. Just wow! Great job. I love all the detail and CD goodness in every inch. I would love to put some paint on that.

Hod's Dawi Zharr

Hod's Karag Dum Throng

Hod's CoolMiniOrNot Gallery

Hod's Sisters of the Burning Cross (Sisters of Battle 40K)
12-19-2016 11:12 AM
Jackswift
Bull Centaur Hero

Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 497
Scribe's Contest Gold Golden Hat - Silver Artisan's Contest - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Veteran                               
RE: The Red Host of Nir-Kezhar [19-12-2016]Jackswift 12-19-2016

Absolutely amazing job!  These are stunning in their detail and complexity.  Very very well done.  Takes Hat offTakes Hat offCheers!  I'd be interested inta set of these even if you do them as plates.

If I thought I would actually have time to execute in a timely manner I would give the rollers a go.  Not something I think I have time for or am sure I could execute though.  I will think on it.

12-19-2016 12:33 PM
Carcearion
Lammasu

Slaves: 177
Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Photobucket Migration Scribe's Contest Silver                               
RE: The Red Host of Nir-Kezhar [19-12-2016]Carcearion 12-19-2016

WOW! These are great! The terrain and basing potential for these are AMAZING! Chaos Dwarf rubble, chaos dwarf frescoes, chaos dwarf floor tiles (or is that still a fresco?), you could cut out individual scenes or pieces to decorate armor or war machines, you could use them to make awesome banners! (which would be great because I can’t free hand for anything)

I'm going to be honest, I have messed around a little bit with a green stuff texture roller and have found them very fiddley, but perhaps I just need the right lubricant and some more practice. I'd rather have a go with a stamp then a rolling pin myself and in stamp form I could replicate my own smaller stamps with blue stuff for smaller scale work.

EDIT: Oh and shields! You could decorate shields with the smaller characters from Triumph and Thralldom!

Another EDIT: OMG Hats! how could I forget hats!? So many flat top hats could have some cool stuff added, and the skillful could definitly get them wrapped around to be more general hat decorations and to make custom/skratch built hats! Respect to the Hat!

"It matters not that you failed to burn the world. What matters is that you lit a fire."
- Neherazsh the Flaming Bull

My Chaos Dwarf Name Generator
Army Blog: Carcearion's Warhost of Karagazkar
Short Story: To Carve One's Fate
My Shapeways Shop: Carcearion's Bit Forge - Evil Dwarf Bits For Sale!

This post was last modified: 12-19-2016 04:25 PM by Carcearion.

12-19-2016 01:21 PM
Pappa Midnight
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Slaves: 433
Scribe's Contest Silver Golden Hat - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2016 Golden Hat - Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Gold                               
RE: The Red Host of Nir-Kezhar [19-12-2016]Pappa Midnight 12-19-2016

That is a insanely good piece of putty pushing! The composition and detail is absolutely amazing.
The roller idea would be the most useful but I agree that they would easily sell as plates.

Regards
PM

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it through not dying.
12-19-2016 01:53 PM
Enjoysrandom
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 378
Artisan's Contest - Bronze Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor                               
RE: The Red Host of Nir-Kezhar [19-12-2016]Enjoysrandom 12-20-2016

HOLY HASHUT!!!! that is amazing work admiral!!! so bloody good really have to get these made and on there way to all the other Dawi'Zharr

Check out my Google Drive, and my Ebay Store, message me if you have any questions.
12-20-2016 02:46 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Malorndk
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 1131
Word of Hashut - Contributor Platinum Army Medal - 6000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Platinum Best General - 2016                               
RE: The Red Host of Nir-Kezhar [19-12-2016]Malorndk 12-20-2016

Knep mig i armhulen og kald mig Bjarnulf!!!

It's incredible. Unbeliveable actually. I'm not sure when or how I would use it, but the mere thought that this exists makes me kinda moist. It's so cool man! Next level achieved <3

Army blog - Army Showcase - Project Banners - Legendary Battle

This post was last modified: 12-20-2016 03:36 PM by Malorndk.

12-20-2016 03:36 PM
Murkwood
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Slaves: 67

RE: The Red Host of Nir-Kezhar [19-12-2016]Murkwood 12-20-2016

Wow. Amazing work. Thinking of ways I could use these already.

btw you make a mean reference board!

12-20-2016 06:40 PM
Scar
Bull Centaur

Slaves: 196
Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Silver                               
RE: The Red Host of Nir-Kezhar [19-12-2016]Scar 12-21-2016

WOW admiral! :O

12-21-2016 10:18 AM
Bloodbeard
Master Hellsmith of the Artillery Forge

Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 830
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
RE: The Red Host of Nir-Kezhar [19-12-2016]Bloodbeard 12-21-2016

Holy freaking ... Crazy cool Admiral. Wow.

12-21-2016 02:37 PM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 1159
Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: The Red Host of Nir-Kezhar [19-12-2016]Zanko 12-21-2016

Very cool dude! Takes Hat off

Hashut!

"Frurndar are still existing!"
               The Lizard King 

12-21-2016 06:39 PM
tjub
Hat or Die!

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1296
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver x2 Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration                               
RE: The Red Host of Nir-Kezhar [19-12-2016]tjub 12-23-2016

Wow!Shock

Chaos Dwarf Army Blog
Other creations

GDD Wrote:
"And then children, Tjub spent 78 pages perfecting his fireborn. For such is the struggle of a CD player with a thematic army."

12-23-2016 12:46 PM
Timothy Archer
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 153

RE: The Red Host of Nir-Kezhar [19-12-2016]Timothy Archer 12-23-2016

so cool ! i already want to buy it ! héhé

12-23-2016 05:50 PM
Grimbold Blackhammer
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Slaves: 193
Best General - 2012 Scribe's Contest Silver Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: The Red Host of Nir-Kezhar [19-12-2016]Grimbold Blackhammer 12-25-2016

Daaaaaaaamnnnnnnn!  Very very impressive!!

Grimbold Blackhammer

http://www.the-ninth-age.com/
12-25-2016 10:37 AM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites