Author MessageJMR's Dark Elves, with a hint of Slaanesh
JMR
Bull Centaur Lord

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 510
Golden Hat - Silver                               
JMR's Dark Elves, with a hint of SlaaneshJMR 10-16-2011

I posted a few shots of my Dark Elves in my Chaos Dwarf blog, but they're getting a new home here.

This army is part of a "Tale of 4 Gamers" setup. We started with 500 points and try to add 250 points every two months. We play some games after every point increase. The other people play with Ogres, Dwarves and Orcs & Goblins.

My first 500 points consisted of:

1 Master:

20 Corsairs with additional hand weapon (Full command):

And 12 Crossbowmen with Standard and Musician:

Unfortunately I didn't manage to complete my units 100% (most notably the banners), but I think these are the most complete units I have ever had Wink

The next 250 points are to be completed the 13th of November. Here's two newcomers, 2 shades:

What do you guys think?

My blogs:
-Renewed Chaos Dwarf log- -Manticlicious Chaos Dwarves-
-Dark Elves with a hint of Slaanesh- -Other stuff-
10-16-2011 04:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vulcanologist
The Mongrel General

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 259
Veteran Medal - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold                               
RE: JMR's Dark Elves, with a hint of Slaaneshvulcanologist 10-16-2011

Very cool stuff indeed!

Check out lots of my other stuff on my blog: MY WEBSITE: http://vulcanologists.blogspot.co.uk/

MY CHAOS DWARF ARMY BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...p?tid=7773

MY BLOG OF EVERYTHING ELSE: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=10173

MY BLOOD BOWL BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=10338

MY WEBSITE: http://vulcanologists.blogspot.co.uk/

Remember to build your new house ziggurat shaped!
10-16-2011 07:34 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
furrie
hat lover

Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 243

RE: JMR's Dark Elves, with a hint of Slaaneshfurrie 10-17-2011

From what I can see the capes on the shades look great, can't wait to see them in battle.

My blog with big hatters

Hashut's Blessing Wrote:
I like big hats and I cannot lie, you other brothers can't deny, when a dwarf walks in with an iddy biddy thing and wears it on his head, you get sprung...

Kera foehunter Wrote:
But there is only one choice
Big hats anything else is just a emo Dwarf

10-17-2011 05:03 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bassman
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Slaves: 640
Golden Hat - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat  - Gold x2                               
RE: JMR's Dark Elves, with a hint of SlaaneshBassman 10-17-2011

Nice Shades! You units look great! Holland seems to be such a cool place to play Warhammer :-D

Alan the evil Wrote:
bassman spoke... and I do agree!!

Are you interested in the Last Supper by Leonardo da Vinci? Check here: http://milanoarte.net/en/tour/the-last-s...ly-for-you

Bored of slashing your slaves? Take a vacation in Milan:
http://www.milantour.net

This post was last modified: 10-17-2011 05:49 AM by Bassman.

10-17-2011 05:49 AM
JMR
Bull Centaur Lord

Slaves: 510
Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: JMR's Dark Elves, with a hint of SlaaneshJMR 12-29-2011

Time for an update!

It's been a while since we played our battles, but I've been without a camera for a long time and when it did get returned, it had an empty battery and no battery charger!

I took army-shots today even though the light was pretty bad, which unfortunately shows in the pictures.

Building up from my 500p list, I've added 2 Crossbowmen (removed Standard), another rank of Corsairs, 6 Shades, 5 Harpies and I put my Master on a Dark Steed.

Pictured above is my full collection of Dark Elves so far, apart from my 750 list there are two models in the picture that weren't in the list: the standardbearer with the crossbow unit and the Master on foot.

First up, the Harpies:

These things don't cost a thing and they are great as redirectors, warmachine hunters or just as a general annoyance.

Corsairs

Added another rank for more staying power. I'm starting to wonder if it was really needed however. If I play my cards right, elves should be able to break most things on the charge and the front rank does by far the highest % of damage, especially if I add a Frenzy banner to them later.

Crossbowmen & Master on foot

Crossbows can pump out a very nice number of arrows. In the battles however, they had some trouble when facing the dwarves, simply because the dwarven quarrellers out-range them meaning my crossbow unit gets reduced in numbers before they get to return fire. Still, a very useful unit that can serve as a decent combat block once they get a few more bodies and shields added.
The Master on foot and the standard bearer weren't used in my 750p list.

Master on Dark Steed

A bit of an unorthodox miniature for a Dark Elf perhaps. It's one of the things that show a bit of a Slaaneshi influence in my army. The snake body represents the model being mounted. Unfortunately this girl needs more paint and basing.
My Master was definitely the star of the show. Solo-charging a unit of ~6 Ogre Bulls + Bruiser. The Bruiser rejected my challenge and went to the back rank. Ogres had to take a steadfast break test, failed and got overrun!
Facing the dwarves she did a similar feat. Flank-charged a gunline of ~26 quarrellers (in 2 rank deep formation). Forced a steadfast breaktest, they failed and got overrun.

These two moves simply won me those games.

Shades

6 Shades with additional hand weapon. I've been dying to use these guys. They're part of the reason I wanted to play Dark Elves. I've never played an army before that had scouting units. I just love them.
Facing the ogres they deployed behind a unit of 5 Ironbelchers, who didn't have a musician. Result? They followed the ogres at their leisure for 3 turns and killed them without interruption. I wouldn't have been able to do that if the Ogres had a musician however.

One more picture of my tree-climbing shade:

I may try to take better pictures if there is more light tomorrow. These are a bit ...grainy and dark.

I'm not sure when the next battle is going to be (at 1000 points). 2 of the players are moving and practically rebuilding their house, so they've got their hands full for now. Stay tuned though!

My blogs:
-Renewed Chaos Dwarf log- -Manticlicious Chaos Dwarves-
-Dark Elves with a hint of Slaanesh- -Other stuff-
12-29-2011 11:42 AM
furrie
hat lover

Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 243

RE: JMR's Dark Elves, with a hint of Slaaneshfurrie 12-29-2011

JMR Wrote:
My Master was definitely the star of the show. Solo-charging a unit of ~6 Ogre Bulls + Bruiser. The Bruiser rejected my challenge and went to the back rank. Ogres had to take a steadfast break test, failed and got overrun!

This was very annoying.

The army itself looks good.

My blog with big hatters

Hashut's Blessing Wrote:
I like big hats and I cannot lie, you other brothers can't deny, when a dwarf walks in with an iddy biddy thing and wears it on his head, you get sprung...

Kera foehunter Wrote:
But there is only one choice
Big hats anything else is just a emo Dwarf

12-29-2011 11:57 AM
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 445
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: JMR's Dark Elves, with a hint of SlaaneshXander 12-29-2011

Love the harpies and the shades! Well done! Big Grin

Follow CDO on Twitter: Twitter
12-29-2011 12:28 PM
Ishkur Cinderhat
The Arch Immortal

Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 86
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2007 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: JMR's Dark Elves, with a hint of SlaaneshIshkur Cinderhat 12-29-2011

Nifty use of Dark Eldar parts on your Master on foot! I also quite like the harpies which GW otherwise never quite seems to get right, and the naga-esque Master on Dark Steed. Happy

12-29-2011 06:40 PM
Castellan
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Slaves: 2

RE: JMR's Dark Elves, with a hint of SlaaneshCastellan 01-02-2012

What do I think? These are great models! I can tell how much effort you put into these models. Happy Well done, this is the first Dark Elf blog I have seen in a while.

-Castellan

01-02-2012 03:20 PM
AGPO
BOAR CENTAUR!

Group: Mods of Hashut
Slaves: 1271

RE: JMR's Dark Elves, with a hint of SlaaneshAGPO 01-06-2012

I love what you've done with your harpies, I was looking at something similar for furies in my Daemon army. Always good to see a Slaanesh themed Dark Elf army and I really like your use of Dark Eldar bitz.

Check out my blogs!:
Chaos Dwarfs (6/6/09)Other shiny things (13/11/11)

I follow the Grumpy But Responsible Gamers' Charter. Join us!

Sojourn Wrote:
FYI Wilmark, the only alcohol I'm drinking is from that bucket

01-06-2012 06:09 PM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  My dark elves kekenda 9 2,798 02-14-2014 08:14 AM
Last Post: kekenda
Cool Bassman's Dark Elves. Temple of Khaine Bassman 31 15,466 04-07-2013 10:44 AM
Last Post: Yodrin
  Slaanesh Sorcerer Gar Shadowfame 3 1,948 08-26-2010 12:42 PM
Last Post: speedygogo
  Slaanesh chosen knight WIP Grimstonefire 22 9,559 04-30-2009 11:47 AM
Last Post: Revlid
  Khan!'s Dark Elves, Dwarfs and Ogres (many pictures!) Khan! 10 4,824 01-26-2008 12:56 PM
Last Post: minty

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites