CDO Forums
Hashut's Blessing Chaos Dwarf Workings - Printable Version

+- CDO Forums (http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Hobby (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Showcase & Army Blogs (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Hashut's Blessing Chaos Dwarf Workings (/showthread.php?tid=271)

Hashut's Blessing Chaos Dwarf Workings - Hashut's Blessing - 04-01-2007 09:10 AM

I have had my siegeshakers painted for a week or two now, but need batteries for my damned camera (originally typed cameras for my battery!). I need to get photos up of my models! Painted the Siegeshaker and the spare! I also started a conversion for a CD sorcerer today. I used an old Dwarf cannon crewman (the one holding a cannonball) and cut his helm off. I took one of my 7 BBs (I was scared to do this, but will get some more hopefully) and removed is hat. Glued the hat on and now need to get some GS to fill the hole in his head, "regrow" some hair and put flames on his... urmm.. ball. Oh the hilarity of immaturity, he he he. Pics as soon as I get the batteries!

Please note, it'll be the first time I have EVER used GS. Flames sounds a bit ambitious, but if worse comes to worst, I can remove them again!

P.S. The hatless BB did not suffer in vain. I used the spare helm from the Dwarf battalion box set cannon to replace half his head. He shall be used a unit champion or an engineer or something. Not quite sure yet.

2017 Image Salvage

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models - Hashut's Blessing - 04-01-2007 09:59 PM

So, I got some batteries, took the pictures and loaded them to my computer. Was about to start uploading them to photobucket, but my girlfriend arrived. It is now 3am and I am trying to put them on here, just for you lot!

First of all, we have the main Siegeshaker cannon that I received from Mr. Xander. It shall be used as an Earthshaker or if in a Dwarf army, a Grudgethrower. I have a few slight modifications left and those are to put "gripping spikes" on the front wheels and to put some kind of decoration on them. They look too bland right now and I don't want to use more Chaos stuff if possible. Any ideas?

Next, we have the second Siegeshaker that I received. This time, I did not put it on wheels and didn't include the front rim, but chose to place some cotton wool in the barrel as an explosion. In games, this will count as a Death Rocket and sometimes as an Earthshaker. The only extra difference here, is that the barrel faces the opposite direction to the chassis (when compared to the other cannon) and there was no insignia. I choce to cover the shield shaped part with a spare old Chaos Warrior shield. Which way around do the bronzeish colour and silverish colour look?

Thirdly, we have the OLD Dwarf cannon. Since it is SUCH a small calibre piece of equipment compared to the other pieces, in games, it will be used as a Bolt Thrower. I have another, new, Dwarf cannon that shall also fill that role (will get picks up sooner or later for that). When used with Dwarfs, there are just cannons. With this, I simply painted it, following the scheme used with the other warmachines so far. However, what IS noteworthy, is that it came with the three crew, one of which is part way to becoming a Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer!

Oh, yes! A CD Sorcerer made from a crewman. It's the model that is hefting a cannonball. All I did was remove his helmet, grab one of my BBs (I only have SEVEN! Was a little scared to do this...) and clipped his hat off. I glued it to the hatless crewman and now need some greenstuff to fill the MASSIVE hole in the back of his head and hat, replace a little lost hair and add flames to the cannonball to make it a ball of flame. It should be interesting to say the least because I have NEVER used GS before. I'll let ya see how it goes! As for the BB, he was rescued. The Dwarf battalion box comes with cannon accessories, which, strangely, include a helmet, so I just glued that on. Almost no sign of a hat-swap! Any comments and/or ideas appreciated.

That is all that I have painted that looks even REMOTELY CDish. Constructive criticism and comments please. I am also aware that my painting is not excellent. Not necessarily bad, just not excellent.

P.S. Should have some Orcs painted soon.

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Xander - 04-01-2007 10:08 PM

The Earthshakers turned out great!  Awesome work!  That skull is painted very nice, it looks awesomely evil!

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - angryboy2k - 04-01-2007 10:34 PM

There's only one problem, and it's the front wheels... they just scream at me "40k bases!!!!"
You have to change them... You could replace them with artillery wheels from anything (40k plastic ork artillery wheels are great), or you could buy my spare hellcannon wheels (bwahaha).

Steve

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Xander - 04-02-2007 01:35 AM

They work fine, but the slots need to be covered up for sure!

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Ishkur Cinderhat - 04-02-2007 07:01 AM

I prefer a darker, grittier approach towards the Chaos Dwarves, so the the shiny silver cannons and wheels are not really my thing. I'd apply some washes with thinned down black ink or armour wash and also some painted-on scratches and dirt marks to show these are actually used and have seen some action on the battlefield.

Hashut!

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Khan! - 04-02-2007 03:51 PM

Your sorcerer is great!  He definitely needs a fiery magic ball, that's totally a good idea.  I think you do need to do somethin extra with those wheels, spiky bits would work well Cheers!

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Lord Zarkov - 04-02-2007 05:45 PM

Looking good!

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Hashut's Blessing - 04-03-2007 06:58 AM

I DID say I needed to change the front wheels, I have no idea what to do with them. I was going to put spikes on them as a sort of grip, but I also want a symbol (that doesn't scream Chaos cannon) on the wheels, which would cover up the unsightly gaps.

Ishkur Cinderhat, how would you paint scratches onto this then? Only, I am very basic at painting, I use no highlights or anything. Only recently started to use inks actually.

Also, the reason it's shiny is because currently I only have Dwarfs that are painted darkly as my CDs. (that are painted anyway) So I painted some cannons to fit in both with Dwarfs and CDs, but I had to keep continuity with the CD specific warmachines. I tried to make it darker by using a little balck on the frame, scorched brown for the wood and using chestnut ink on some of the areas.

Mr. Xander, which skull do you refer to exactly? (I'm glad you like them by the way, I think they are awesome models. Thanks again for them!)

Khan! Thanks for the positive comments. Any ideas on how to sculpt flames? In fact, does anyone know how to sculpt flames? (Must fill in the back of his head too, he he he)

Like I said before, I was a little precarious as to hacking off the hat of a BB when I only have seven, but I think if I get the sculpting right, it'll have been worth it.

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Xander - 04-03-2007 07:04 AM

I was referring to the GreenStuff skull. Happy

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Ishkur Cinderhat - 04-03-2007 07:25 AM

If you want to keep the shiny silver colour, then you could paint some scratches with black or a darker metallic colour such as boltgun metal.

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Hashut's Blessing - 04-03-2007 07:44 AM

The thing is, that IS boltgun metal. Does anyone know what mixing black and boltgun comes out like? Because I could use that for scratches. What about mithril silver, with a line of chainmail inside? or vice versa? Bcause cut metal looks shinier...

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Xander - 04-03-2007 08:03 AM

Mix away.  Mixing works fine. Tongue

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - oboudd - 04-07-2007 07:55 PM

great job

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - AGPO - 04-08-2007 06:25 AM

Give your cannons a coat of slightly watered down black ink all over the silver bist and do the same with brown ink on the bronze, then goover the raised areas with the original colour leaving the inks showing in the recesses. In terms of highlighting, if you don't use it, vehicles and artillery are great places to start as they have such large surface areas. Mix a little chainmail or mithril silver in with your metalics and use the same tip as above, this time covering only the raised areas. Black and Boltgun metal gives you a very dark metalic colour ideal for CD iron. For the scratches, I would paint tin bitz as a base and then a thin line of boltgun inbetween, but I don't really think they are necessary on these models. Instead, if you want them to lok used, drybrush scorched brown around the 'mouth' of the cannon, with a second drybrush of chaos black right at the very tip of the cannon.

Its a shame you don't have the confidence in your abilities to give highlighting a shot, as from the neatness of these models you certainly have the capacity to be a very good painter. The best advice I can give is to just give it a shot. The worst that can happen is your models turn out slightly lighter than you intended, which can be sorted with an ink wash. Just try mixing a lighter colour in with your paijnt next time you do a model and then painting this mix over any raised areas. It doesn't need to be complicated, bleached bone, kommando khaki and mithril silver work really well. Later, if your mad and don't think these things through, you can move on to painting bone armour trims in eight stages for an entire Slaaneshi chaos warriors army. But hey, to do something like that you'd have to be stupid... right?...

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Hashut's Blessing - 04-10-2007 07:21 AM

He he he. Thanks for all of the tips AGPO. I have some random Saurus warriors lying around, I'll try out highlighting on those before I do on the models I use. The thing is, this IS the limits of my painting capabilities right now. My characters previously have been only as good as, if not worse, than these models. Although, I AM pleased with my Chaos tournament army. I have pulled off some quite cool paintjobs there.

Thing is though, I think my models are of a decent tabletop quality as is. ESPECIALLY compared to my original painted models. But, as I said, I'll practise on the lizzies and then try it on these dudes. Desperately want some more BBs so that I can make a regiment of them. That'd look quite cool painted up. The warmachines will actually stand out quite a bit in my army because they will looks slightly lighter than most of it.

Thanks again and I'll keep ya updated on the progress!

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - hobblin - 05-20-2007 11:10 AM

Hashuts Blessing heres how you can scult flames.
http://us.games-workshop.com/games/warrhammer/painting/fire/defult.htm
Hey I dident say I'd teach you.

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Hashut's Blessing - 07-29-2007 09:16 PM

Well, it's been absolutely ages, but last night (as in Saturday night), i finished painting the sorcerer, that crewaman and my first test blunderbusser. I also added a spear to the OLD cannon to make it look more BT-like. I haven't painted the bases yet and basing detracts from my models (it's show them up and that's not low esteem of my models). When I next get the chance, I shall take some pictures. Also, I received 16 BBs recently, so I can have 22 BBs. A legal army, W00t! I won a swivel gun on eBay and am hoping to win a CD hero. I also have my Rykarth model. Will take and post all pics soon. (Haven't started on my BBs yet. Too much work. 6 days a week, 11 hours a day... Urgh...)

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Hashut's Blessing - 11-16-2007 10:04 PM

Well, the stint of that work is long over, but univeristy has been a little hectic so far. I've managed only to paint most of one more model. Hmmm.... Progress is slow. I must remember to take pictures soon! Someone remind me to in a few days time if I still haven't!

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - torn - 11-16-2007 10:29 PM

i also use black ink washes to get darker shades out of boltgun metal.

great work so far liking it. to be honest all id do with the front wheels is fill the gap with putty and paint over it.

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Kera foehunter - 11-17-2007 05:55 AM

the siege shaker canon is cool. I like the smoke that kick butt Great job!!

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Xander - 11-18-2007 05:02 AM

I actually just found 8 more of those Siege Cannons. Happy

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - ogre - 11-18-2007 04:03 PM

nice job

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Hashut's Blessing - 11-29-2007 07:01 PM

First of all, orcs. The first was modelled and painted by EvilClown (well, I painted the base Wink ). The second was made and painted by me. Standard bearer, obviously. The third is my GHIV entry. the 5 orc boys.

Next up, we have (in order on the first pic): Immortals standard bearer, blunderbusser, fire sorcerer and a hero.

Comments and criticism are welcome. If you're just joining, please look at the first page also Wink

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Kera foehunter - 11-30-2007 06:01 AM

I realy like the orc .Good job on the bloodsplater.

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Uzkul Werit - 11-30-2007 11:40 AM

The Immortal is very good. Is he just a repainted Ironbreaker?

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Canix - 11-30-2007 01:10 PM

Good work ,i like the canonball sorcererTakes Hat off
post pics as you go lets see the blunderbus unitRespect to the Hat!

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Khaosbeardling - 11-30-2007 01:21 PM

I like the purple colour scheme HB very unique.  Great job!

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Hashut's Blessing - 11-30-2007 04:44 PM

Kera: Thanks, but I didn't paint that one. It was EvilClown, so credit to him Wink

Uzkul: From what I can remember, yeah. Except I cut off the bulb on his hand for the shield and glued his shield to his back (after painting both for once Wink ).

Canix: Thanks. I started him ages ago, as can be seen at the beginning of this thread. Then, I finished making him a while ago. Finished painting him just before uni. Touched him up at uni (not in the student way Wink ). Then, took pictures when I posted them. Long time Big Grin As for the blunderbussers, I have 5 more undercoated black and 16 that I bought that were undercoated (annoyingly) white and I can't open our back door, so I can't spray them in the garden. But, they will be done. Not sure what beard colours to do... Any ideas anyone?

Khaos: Thanks. The main units don't actually seem to have any purple on (E.g. Blunderbusser and orcs.), but it seems to have appeared on the sorcerer, the hero AND my Immortals (of which I only have the standard bearer and a champion to put together [he was hacked up for his head for my Rykarth] from the remains of the musician and champion of the Ironbreakers).

Out of curiosity, did anyone look at the beginning of the thread? Does anyone have comments on that stuff? What colours should I do my beards? Has anyone got tips for painting the eyes of my orcs? What colours should said eyes be?

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Kera foehunter - 11-30-2007 05:38 PM

Sigh!! well did you paint the lord of purple he cool to

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Khaosbeardling - 11-30-2007 06:47 PM

Well personally I paint my beards black with a dark blue drybrush to bring out the curls a little.  Works very well for me.

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Hashut's Blessing - 11-30-2007 09:16 PM

Kera: I painted all of the others, so no worries Wink Thanks. I guess you mean the guy on the far right?

Khaos: Good idea. What sort of blues do you use? (I might have to use the one already painted as my unit champion due to his fully blue beard...)

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Khaosbeardling - 11-30-2007 10:06 PM

I'm pretty sure I usually use Enchanted blue, but any somewhat dark blue will work as long as you don't vary.

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Kera foehunter - 12-01-2007 06:16 AM

Yes!!!!!!!!! boy you guys shure like using purple.

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Hashut's Blessing - 12-01-2007 07:58 PM

Kera: Someone said it was quite original. I don't mind. Purple is awesome. Plus, it works, IMO and apparently some of yours too. Kera AND Khaos: Awesome!

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - gIL^ - 12-05-2007 11:55 PM

very clean hat swap

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Kera foehunter - 12-06-2007 05:48 AM

geeze sorry about the purple! H b  still like your stuff.

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Hashut's Blessing - 12-06-2007 06:21 PM

Thank you gIL^. It was difficult since I only used clippers and brute strength. I'm now onto the next stage: Using some of my pre-painted normal dwarf units, paint 2,000 points ready for a competition in 10 days. Wow, now THAT'S a challenge (this is all of my painted stuff. Well, just finished ten more orcs. About to finish 6 hobgoblins and a swivel gun. ). Kera: I have no recollection as to what ", IMO and apparently some of yours too. " was referring to, so I'm sorry for that. Glad you like my stuff (even if it IS purple Wink ).

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Kera foehunter - 12-07-2007 05:40 PM

TongueShockShock

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Hashut's Blessing - 12-09-2007 05:36 PM

Well, I didn't get a chance to do any more yesterday due to a party that was made primarily of LARPers and thusly awesomeness. However, I have got a total of 11 hobgoblins painted, the 17 orcs, the characters, some of the warmachines (but not crew) the swivel gun and one of it's crew...

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Vexxus - 06-26-2008 09:56 PM

*brushes away cobwebs*

Lets get this post back up to date! It is nice to see your work finally, apparently I didn't look hard enough the other day (thank you Knight of Awsome!)

Anywho, saying your stuff isn't up to scratch is non-sense! The only thing not up to scratch about this blog is photobucket! Perhaps try ImageShack?

Hop to it HB I would love to see more of your stuff!

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Kera foehunter - 06-27-2008 05:00 AM

well still waiting !!!!!!!!!!!

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - AGPO - 06-30-2008 06:33 AM

HB we need pics! I can't see any of this stuff!!!

RE: Hashut\'s Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Kera foehunter - 06-30-2008 05:10 PM

still waiting   !!!! hb

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - EvilClown - 06-30-2008 05:38 PM

HB is staying at a mate's for a couple of days, if I'm not mistaken, so that's why he's not responding. Dunno how long he'll still be away though (can't remember).Happy

RE: Hashut\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Kera foehunter - 07-02-2008 05:25 PM

i think he in jail !!!!!! for not posting what he said he do !
the moderator of this site are that way

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Sojourn - 07-03-2008 08:39 AM

he WAS in York visiting a friend, EvilClown is right... but I'd have thought he'd be home by now; or at least online. does York not have internet access!? boooooooooo.

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Hashut's Blessing - 07-04-2008 08:46 PM

i was busy eating cake as one of my modly duties Wink I didn;t realise my pictures were down. Well, when I ccan get a camera that will last longer than two minutes, I shall take some new pictures. Yes, this thread IS old, but I had mentioned that there were some pictures of mine floating about somewhere. However, this thread IS definitive proof of my original idea to use crewmen as sorcerers, mwahahahahah! [/shameless plug] It's 1:45am and I still got 5 pages of replies to catch up with and AC2 to post, then some sleep. After that, I shall take pics (hopefully some in a battle at GW too) and repost the original pictures. Sorry to keep ya'll waiting Big Grin Took your time to find my hidden corner though Wink

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Knight Of Awsome - 07-04-2008 09:32 PM

Hashut's Blessing Wrote:
Took your time to find my hidden corner though Wink

I found this place a very long time ago, and I hid in the darkest corners of it...

I wouldn't mind knowing how many points your army is so far?

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Hashut's Blessing - 07-04-2008 10:14 PM

I can squeeze 2,000 points with all the Greenskins, but I'm not so sure I want to use that many Greenskins in an army that size. I got some more CDs painted since, so it may be easier. I'll have to re-do an army list.

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Hashut's Blessing - 07-04-2008 10:25 PM

They were working for me, so I've done quick edit and save changes. if it still doesn;t work, let me know and I'll change the links properly...

RE: Hashut\'s Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Kera foehunter - 07-05-2008 05:43 AM

well still waiting Hb but the picture of you eating cake there!!!!
ummmmmm angle food cake .

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Hashut's Blessing - 10-25-2008 11:46 PM

Well, it;s long overdue, but time to get rid of some cobwebs. Most of this army was finished about 2 months ago! I've just not been able to take pictures. Now, these are, by FAR, not the best pictures and as a result, I didn;t bother with the whole army. Bare in mind, the pictures were taken at about 11:30pm, hence the bad lighting. I shall take some better ones (I hope) tomorrow or failing getting decent ones, will wait for a week and steal my mum's better camera and use that. Without further ado:

Front of unit 1

Angle of unit 1

Top of unit 1

Front of unit 2

Angle of unit 2

Top of unit 2

As you can see, (in the rear rank) the righthand model doesn;t rank properly. That's because he can replace the unit champion, but hasn't been placed on his base to go in the rear rank, but I wanted to show you the numbers involved. As a result, he pushed the other rear-rank model skewif as well.

Front of Hobgoblin archers

Angle of Hobgoblin archers

Top of Hobgoblin archers

With these fellows, I shall have them in a single rank, but it's easier to set them up for a picture like this and they fit in better. I'll also most likely have them as two units of 10 because it gives me the option to shoot at one or two targets.

Front of Hobgoblin "wolfriders"

Angle of Hobgoblin "wolfriders"

Top of Hobgoblin "wolfriders"

As I said before, this is just a little sneak peek, so you'll have to wait for special units, war machines, characters and generally better pictures. I have some parts to start making some bull centaurs and some warriors, but moved to university and haven't had the space nor time yet, plus I have enough models to game with (2k at least, I believe) for CDs and need to paint a LOT of other models that are already made.

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Kera foehunter - 10-26-2008 05:29 AM

like your wolf rider  H.B.  lol where the wolf?????
cool idea thow!!!!!

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Thommy H - 10-26-2008 06:18 AM

You need to sort out those mold lines and do some basing - I think you'll be surprised how much those two simple steps will improve the look of your figures.

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Ishkur Cinderhat - 10-26-2008 08:19 AM

Well I just assume that the bases are not finished like that. Because they aren't. Wink I'm not so much a fan of brown beards for Chaos Dwarfs but at least your models are all painted - which is more than what can say of mine. ^^ I'd also position the rocket launcher / super blunderbuss in the front rank - for safety reasons. You don't want to blow away your unit champion's head with the first volley, do you! Big Grin

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Hashut's Blessing - 10-26-2008 04:22 PM

Originally, the swivel gun WAS in the frint rank, but I have to have command in the front rank, hence why it's there. Also, I have them the wrong way round, so the swivel gun normally fires between heads. Thommy H, the mold lines are invisible in person Wink That's why ya can see them. As for basing, I've considered sanding them all and painting it Fortress Grey with Black Ink on, but I've never managed to create a model where doing more than painting the base has improved it. The best so far has been that it hasn't spoilt it and it really wasn't worth the effort it involved and wouldn't be army wide. Maybe one day in the future, but that's not today. Kera, nobody needs a wolf to be a wolfrider Wink Can always be a rider that is termed a wolf Tongue So, as opposed to a rider of wolves, they are riders of the wolves.

EDIT: forgot to comment on brown beards. Basically, I wanted a little more variation than just black and the odd blue beard with the occasional one being grey. Just made them a little too plain and boring.

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Thommy H - 10-26-2008 04:41 PM

Everyone underestimates the power of basing before they do it properly, but it really does make a huge, huge difference.

And I really can't believe those mold lines aren't visible in person - you can see one along the edge of the Night Goblin boss's arm from the front. And, hey, even if they aren't visible, they are there and need to be eradicated Wink

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Hashut's Blessing - 10-26-2008 04:46 PM

I don't underestimate it, just can't do it well enough for it to IMPROVE the models Wink Yet. Okay, that one is, but only now that I;ve seen it there Tongue I've noticed that my damned Chaos Black has bled onto the Kommando Khaki in quite a few places too. It's not as though I didn;t plan to remove the ones I can now see, just saying I couldn't before.

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Godbob and his jolly rogers - 10-26-2008 05:34 PM

Finally some pics

and nice one's too

well done Cheers!

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Kera foehunter - 10-26-2008 06:48 PM

So poo bear (h. b.)!!does this fit the same as wolf riders !!!!! lol
i like the use of the cold one i like the choise in rider of the wolves

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Lord Bzaark - 11-02-2008 03:15 PM

i feel sorry for that BB model Sorcerer, but you did what any good (if that is what we are) chaos dwarf player would do and saved the model. i think he looks better that way - amazing what a simple hat swap would do.

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Hashut's Blessing - 11-07-2008 10:18 PM

Lord Bzaark, I'm hoping to win Willmark's anti-hat competition so I can give him a nice new hat and give three more models hats Tongue

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Hashut's Blessing - 12-19-2008 08:29 AM

The links to some of my pics are down for me as well now, so I'll go investigate that, but I've just totalled all the pics and it comes to 1,208 points (if the second Siegeshaker is taken as a death rocket) and even without the hero (as he can;t be seen at the moment), it still comes to 1,094 points. Mr. Xander, a medal, if you please?

EDIT: Okay, all fixed now. I thought the hero was the one in my avatar, who has actually become a unit champion, so I need factor in my avatar too: Totals at 1,230 points.

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Kera foehunter - 12-19-2008 06:46 PM

come on sweety!!!!! let see your army please

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Hashut's Blessing - 12-19-2008 06:48 PM

I updated the links, ya should be able to see most of it now. Mostly on pages 1 and 3 I think. There's a LITTLE bit on 2, but not much...

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Viskar Zhragoth - 12-20-2008 02:04 AM

HB, would love to see the painted models, but it is still coming up mocde or deleted from photobucket on my view....

please try again.

Viskar Zhragoth

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Hashut's Blessing - 12-21-2008 09:54 AM

ARGH! I shall go investigate Wink

EDIT: Hokay! It should be sorted now! If not: this let's you into the album Wink

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Kera foehunter - 12-21-2008 02:00 PM

argh is a pirate word H B  so drop and give me 20 push up!!

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Hashut's Blessing - 12-21-2008 04:14 PM

Nay, me wee lassie Wink I am no sub! Now drop and bake me 20!

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Kera foehunter - 12-21-2008 08:28 PM

what 20 crab cakes !!
if you take 14 pictures it will be fine

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Hashut's Blessing - 12-22-2008 10:26 AM

A cake be a cake and ye get pics when I've had me fill Wink

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Kera foehunter - 12-22-2008 05:59 PM

that will never happen * kera walks off

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Hashut's Blessing - 12-23-2008 12:40 PM

*Devours cake anyway*

My camera is at uni Wink Meaning I cannae take pictures until the 4th at the earliest.

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Willmark - 12-23-2008 02:08 PM

This is a blog about HB's army???? Wink

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Hashut's Blessing - 12-24-2008 12:40 PM

I didin;t say it was a blog, it's merely pictures, but it basically is. Apparently Wink

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Hashut's Blessing - 11-10-2009 08:20 PM

Right, well, it's been far too long, once again. I actually have most of a Chaaos Dwarf army painted now. Admittedly, it's not great so far and needs more CD units, but that's all in the pipelines. I plan to start posting some pictures of my army over the next few weeks. Once that's done, I shall start posting my CD warriors with great weapons! I still need to upload my tutorial for big hat style CDs from miners: it could have been done better, but it gets the point across Tongue Anyway, keep your eyes peeled as I intend to take pictures next week when the weather is better and I've stolen my camera back from my girlfriend's.

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Kera foehunter - 11-10-2009 08:33 PM

like that will ever happen i was talking of getting the camera  back
we know about your weather

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Hashut's Blessing - 11-11-2009 09:08 AM

Well, I've decided that, to whet some appetites (hopefully) and to prove I will get something done, I shall post pictures of all of the work I've done previously seen on here, that I remember being on here, that isn't in this thread already (if I forgot, I may end up reposting, so apologies Tongue It's been a VERY long time Big Grin ).

Apologies to all for any bad pictures. If people want better ones taken, please ask!

Artisan's Contest 2 entry (the theme was a shrine):

The model is to be used as a Warshrine (using Mark of Tzeentch) in a Warriors of Chaos army. I'm thinking of other ways I can include CD related things, such as the Hellcannon, Bull Centaurs in the units of knights etc etc. I'd like to point out here, I didn't actually realise it at the time, nor in the pictures, not for MANY months afterwards, but my sorcerer's beard hasn't actually been painted, lol. Unfortunately, the model is 300+ miles away, so has to wait until at least Christmas to be painted Big Grin

Golden Hat 2 (theme was Rykarth the Unbreakable from Nemesis Campaign):

I hate how poorly these pictures came out, but I love the model. I have used an Ironbreakers Command. The body is that of the musician, minus horn and head. I have had to change the position of the feet as well. The new head is the commenader's head with some greenstuff to blend it into the body. The axe is simply three plastic axe heads from the dwarf boxes. I sculpted on a new beard and clipped the hair off from the back, sculpting some of my own. The severed head is simply a bearded, hatted Empire state troop's headThis was my first attempt at using greenstuff and I think it came out quite well. In the fluff that I wrote for the Nemesis Crown campaign, I had Rykarth become the head of the Immortals and debated between his personal unit being the Granite Guard and the Obsidian Guard because he just seemed to fit this so well. His original fluff merely stated that he was the only one able to stare down Archaon. Seemed fitting and so that was his role for the campaign and will be his role in all of my games. NOTE: The Indy GT list seems to have found the Nemesis Crown fluff and liked the same idea or had coincidentally very much the same ones as me Wink

Golden Hat 4 entry (theme was 5, non-command, slaves):

These were the only models I had made at the time that seemed fitting, so I set to work painting them. More than anything, I was trying to get a colour scheme decided upon for them and to enter the Golden Hat as it's always fun. I never expected to win, nor to get any votes. If you look at the voting thread, you'll see that I didn;t deserve any either and, fortunately, the results reflected that. Well done to the others! (It did spur me on to make what I feel is a rather cool front rank. My next entry is the unit commander for them Tongue )

Golden Hat 5 entry (theme was a banner bearer):

I decided to be a little less convetional and enter my champion as he had a back banner. I found that my only Chaos Dwarf army unit to have a banner by this point was my Orc unit. The actual standard bearer isn't all that great or interesting (I need to repaint the Orcy image on the front) and I enjoyed making and painting this one. I wanted others to enjoy it too. Short story is: the weapons are ogre ironfists (one is upside down because they are only left handed), the back banner is a piece of sprue with the skull banner top on top of it. I glued it onto his back and then greenstuffed some leather belts to make it seem like they were holding it on. I also chose to give him the mask to make him stand out even more, alongside given him the most armoured body and legs in the box: he's the Boss, he gets the best loot Wink

Golden Hat 6 entry (theme was a Gaoler from the recently released [at the time] Border Town Burning Mordheim supplement's Black Dwarf warband):

I really love this model, but didn't quite manage to do what I wanted with it: I was hoping to be able to sculpt on triangular leather scale mail, but had to settle for the mail he already had as my GS skills hadn't developed much by this point. The base model is a Dwarf Treasure Hunter for Mordheim. I ignored his backpack and removed hisequipment, leaving just his body, clothes and the pole in his right hand. I greenstuffed the hole on his back and made it to be leather (I.E. smooth and flush with the shoulder edging), I cut a spear marauder horsemen spear and shave it to a point, gluing it into his left hand to be a red hot poker (counting as an axe in game [the idea came from him being a VERY torturous gaoler] as a red hot poker would certainly piercer through armour somewhat more easily [or else squish against it, lol]) and glued four spare dwarf helmet horns to his helmet to CDify him without dismantling another of my precious few big hat models. For his man-catcher, I didn't have much to hand, so went against my usual roots and made it daemonic: it has a chaos spawn mouth on the end and a pair of daemonettes claws glued to the sides. Minimal greenstuff to smooth it and blend it into one piece. Proved very effective in my first game, catching 5 out of 6 members of Sousonou's warband (including his leader!), then ctaching the last and killing it's pet dog in the next game Big Grin We've not played since Wink

Golden Hat 9 entry (theme was Bull Centaur of any kind as long as it was clearly a Bull Centaur [so, no spider orcs for example]):

I had my H'thark the Unstoppable model (with axe and shield) painted and ready, but it felt bland and uninspired. So, I chose to be inspired! By Kera Foehunter, as it happens. Quite some time ago, she made a post with an idea and some pictures of some brilliant Bull Centaurs that used Gor bodies for the legs. I stole this idea, with the purchase of 10 beastmen bodies (5 were Gor and 5 were Ungor!), I set to work. I placed the Gor body at the front and clipped the Ungor in half. trying to remove as much tabard as possible. I then used the top half of the ungor to join the two bodies (this may be a little short for most people and, personally, is slightly so for me too: just add some scrap plastic/GS to make it longer) and had the basic shape. I added a VERY old white plastic dwarf head that I found in a bitzbox buy I'd recently made and glued it on, cutting off its helmet and drilling into its soft brains. I pushed a pin through with some glue on and the hat was partially done. I glued on marauder arms and they were done (one already had the shield on): I spent a LONG time debating two hand weapons or shield and my girlfriend chose for me in the end. On this model, I think it just looks better, so good choice from her Big Grin Next, I roughly GSed an arrow onto the front of the hat: once dry, I neated in by slicing away what I didn't need. I then chipped a chunk from the hat and some of the arrow to give him a slightly more battle hardened look. Greenstuff fur all over the bull part to hide the mess and give them a beard and hair (I covered the shouder joins here too). The spider part was just cut off from a spider (becoming a theme in my army, you'll notice with my "wolfriders") and sliced into the middle of the abdomen, gluing the black orc axe in place to show he's deadly AND has a great weapon. Then painted! (Legs are scab red, body is scab red with a watery layer of dwarf flesh to make the flesh red tinted. Fur and beard is black with fortress grey drybrushed on.)

Golden Hat 10 entry (theme was open contest!):

This is my Mordheim warband. I've just realised (in the process of making this post) that my entry wasn't 100% legal as the Gaoler from a previous GH was in it and my bull centaur too, which I only JUSt realised.. Fortunately, I got no votes and so all it did was grant all other entrants +1 slave. Overall, not a bad result Wink I'm VERY pleased I got no votes now: odd that nobody noticed, maybe my miniatures aren't that memorable Wink Anyhow, that means that everyone already knows how to make two of my warband. The two Informers (hobgoblins) are the night goblin that came free with WD a while ago and the archer unit champion from BfSKP. The sorcerer is a conversion I've been meaning to get done for some time now: a runepriest, although I ended up removing his staff (his rules don't give him one and a conversion I'm working on for a greenskin army needs it Big Grin ), replacing it with a space marine arm (to imply heavy armour as he is an armoured caster Big Grin ) with a flaming brand hand (not sure which set, maybe flagellants). I added the circlet of flame from the High Elf Wizards box (I only have it because a guy in my roleplaying group wanted an elven mage lol) and plonked it on top. His backpack is to make him look like he's travelled here and was made simply from a dwarf miner's steamdrill backpack. A large blob of greenstuff, smoothed and then stretched in places forms his lava-legs to show him just appearing from his Ritual (he got the Lava Walk ritual. I think that's its name...) and then painted. His eyes are purple in an attempt to show aethyric power (mostly because he's using it).

Comments are welcome: I also have fluff for my warband and each member in it! It's also being entered into the BTB competition!

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Kera foehunter - 11-14-2009 06:41 AM

Great stuff hb love the dead spider

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Hashut's Blessing - 11-15-2009 10:40 PM

Thanks. Always gotta love a dead spider Wink

Anyhow, I forgot to bring my camera back from my girlfriend's, however, I have a video camera with which I can take some basic pictures and I still have a few spare pics not yet posted. Regardless, with some "gentle" reminding, I shall post up more. I uncovered the CD upon which my, very poorly voiced, one-shot tutorial for making CD warriors is on. I shall try to upload this when I can, both in here and as a new thread elsewhere Wink

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Hashut's Blessing - 11-16-2009 08:24 PM

Unfortunately, due to some technical problems, I am unable to post the tutorial and it is too late (lightwise) to refilm a shorter version that will work, so I shall have to wait until tomorrow, Wednesday or next week, but I shall try to have some pics up. Sorry to disappoint to anyone that might read this Wink

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Hashut's Blessing - 11-18-2009 02:17 AM

Well, unless somebody can help me with the whole "getting the tutorial to go into Windows Movie Maker" thing, by the time I leave for Yorkshire tomorrow, I unfortunately can't have the tutorial up until next week. Also, I sifted through my photobucket pictures and the only ones that I have left are the ones already on here or non-CD ones. I may have to make an off-topic showcase for all of my other models, which have been receiving a lot more time of late (but that's more because I have painted all of the CD stuff that I've made and I want to get my already made models painted before I make more for me to have to paint, lol Tongue ). HOPEfully, I'll remember my camera and be able to get some decent(ish) pictures. Apologies for the delay again...

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Kera foehunter - 11-20-2009 06:55 PM

Yea yea !! now lets see it  H b

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Hashut's Blessing - 11-22-2009 08:01 PM

Well, Kera, it's nice to see that someone would like to see some of my work Wink I'll try to get to work on the preparation for it tomorrow and then create it on Tuesday (hopefully uploading it later that day). Unfortunately, I have some coursework to do at university, but it hopefully won't interfere too much Tongue

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Kera foehunter - 11-26-2009 06:35 AM

Well i can wait sweetie! take your time

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Hashut's Blessing - 11-27-2009 04:54 PM

At least my sole fan can wait Wink Just gotta try to steal my camera back from my girlfriend Big Grin

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Zanko - 11-27-2009 05:05 PM

HB the whole CDO community wants to see your amazing and unique stuff! Takes Hat off

Hurry up! Wink

Hashut!

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Border Reiver - 11-27-2009 08:31 PM

Love the work you did on the Treasure Hunter to make your gaoler

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Warhammerman - 11-27-2009 08:40 PM

This is pretty awesome.  Agreed on the good job done on the treasure hunter.  

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Kera foehunter - 11-28-2009 07:22 AM

Um !! H. b.  She does sleep don't she , take the Camera then!!
and place  a red rose next to her pillow!! Then your off the hook
Kera's helpfull hint #10093

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Hashut's Blessing - 11-30-2009 12:57 PM

Thanks for the kind words all ^^ Glad to see a few more have found the thread and may find it inspirational. I like being unique. It's far less boring Big Grin

Anyhow, I DID steal the camera, now I need to remember what is already in here (by which I mean look Big Grin) and then decide how to take the pics and wait until daylight to do so and then decide what you get to see this week Tongue

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Kera foehunter - 12-02-2009 07:12 PM

well youi have 3 day s before i E-mail you better half
and tell that you have her camera

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Hashut's Blessing - 12-03-2009 12:35 PM

Well, I was trying to make my reply yesterday, but had to leave to get a coach to her Wink However, I have it all ready and am posting it. So, without further ado:

A small update of several things. Sorry for some of the pics being blurry, but I had to be very quick as I've got a coach to catch and I knwo it takes ages to upload my pictures. I'd like to point out now that there are some mould lines on the models, but they can't be seen in person and I've only just noticed them here. Also, the skin looks a little blotchier than in real life, but the bltochiness in real life actually gives them more depth and looks like they're somewhat dirtied by living in an ashen wasteland, thusly it's acceptable in person Wink

Anyhow, without further delay Big Grin

First up is my hobgoblin bolt thrower. It is simply a goblin spear chukka, with the front "teeth-grille" part glued on upside down.
Front

Above

Crew

Next up is my unit of Orc Arrer Boyz. Somehow, I have 11 and I think I have a few more floating about. I only bought 10 O.o Anyhow, the musician's horn is a beastmen horn that I had spare, the hand shaved down to be a grip and glued into place above his quiver, so he's still shooting. The standard bearer originally had a sword in his right hand, but I only wanted the champion to have a sword, so I lopped it off and replaced it with a beastment standard pole. There is a beastmen shield, a skull on chain, a cold one head (how I had a SPARE one, I'll never know, lol Tongue ) attached to a flail chain and a dwarf head all simply glued on and, hey presto, simple command group Tongue

Front

Angle

Musician's Back

Detail of Standard Bearer

Side of Standard

Next up are my black orcs. My friend gave me 10 of these bad boys necause he was trying to create some space Big Grin Then, I obtained a standard bearer and musician in a group lot of Chaos and Ddark Elves I won on eBay. All I needed now was a champion, so I lopped off his right hand and added a 6th edition Chaos Warrior halberd and gave him a shield as a buckler. Job done Big Grin

Front

Angle

Super-blurred "Detail" of Champion

Next up are some characters. I'll go into a little detail about each Wink

First is a model from, I believe, Masselfree Miniatures. no conversion work, just a paaintjob. I get the impression that he's too shiny and silver and I've JUST thought to chestnut ink his axe so that it matches my warriors' weapons, but otherwise, I can't think of how to dull him down whilst keeping his colour scheme fitting (so not inking the armour for example).

Front

I wanted to get a detail shot of the beard, as I'm very pleased with my "blue-black" beards and bluebeards, but my camera wasn't having any of it Big Grin

Back

Next is a model from Slavebay. I believe it was from Lord Archaon, who completely sculpted the model himself. I paid just 65 slaves for him! (This was before I had my free moderator slaves and had built them up just like everybody else Big Grin ) I decided that I had enough sorcerers and so replaced his staff/halberd weapon for a Chaos Warrior (6th edition again) halberd, which I've tried to paint to look like obsidian, but it looks more like marble. Regardless, I like it and am very proud of the model. (I'm now considering having him as a unit champion for my warriors. I seem to have a LOT of CD characters.)

Front

Back

Detail

Last out of these heroes is my metal mage Big Grin He is made almost exclusively from plastic parts. His body and arms are a dwarf miner's, the molten ball of lead is a plastic fanatic ball, greenstuffed onto the pointing hand (for the positioning). The rather unique weapon was just a pickaxe before I got to it Big Grin It has the hammerhead of one of the picks at the bottom, two pointy-ends of picks on the side, curving in an s shape and the wrench top from one for the cremen (I believe a BfSP one) on the other side. Behind him is a pile of coins that had a pole in them. Not a clue where this piece is from, if I'm honest Big Grin I think it's the miners again actually. The pole may have originally been separate or I may have extended it Wink It has a hammer-pick head on top and on the coins is the detonator device taken from the miners box. Hanging from the pole, midway, is a lantern from the miners box and a medallion type thing from a dwarf standard. The guy's head is a Tzeentch character on disc one. Sounds complicated, but it's not overly so Big Grin I like it Big Grin

Front

Back

Angle

The last thing is a single model. A prototype for my Chaos Dwarf Warriors made from a miner, a greenstuff beard and a pushpin hat Big Grin So far, I have made five, two of which will be unit champions. I have a slightly different variation without candles and have their original beards. I have made a tutorial to put on youtube, but youtube decided that it was too long, so I have to remake it and shorter. Just a sneak peek here Wink

Front

Other Front

Back

Detail of Big Hat

A link to the album, for those that wish to go back and look at the rest.

Comments and constructive criticism are welcome.

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Warhammerman - 12-04-2009 07:47 PM

Cool, I like the spear chukka and the orcs too.

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Hashut's Blessing - 12-08-2009 11:28 AM

Warhammerman: you've yet to see my Orc Boyz unit. I found the front rank yo be very fun Big Grin

Slight update: I downloaded a file converter last night, but it wasn't converting the sound. So, I downloaded a sound converter and it wasn't working. To cut a long story short, I have converted the tutorial video into a format I can edit, but i has no longer got sound, not even on the original file for some reason. After the podcast last night (which I finished around 3:45am. Dedication to the website there Wink ), I knew my microphone worked, so I downloaded some trial software for audio recording. Unfortunately, this lasts for just 30 days. I plan to, tonight or tomorrow, record a (hopefully clearer and more concise) audio for the video and edit the video down from 30mins to a usuable time. So, today or tomorrow, I should have a tutorial for you all Big Grin

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Thorne - 12-08-2009 03:36 PM

Hitting those orcs up wiht a 1/1 wash of badab black ink would make them super awesome !

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Hashut's Blessing - 12-08-2009 06:32 PM

Thanks for the comment, Thorne. Where abouts on them would you suggest using it? All over or just on the skin or just the weapons? Also, a 1/1 Badab Black-what wash? Or just plain Badab Black?

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Kera foehunter - 01-01-2010 09:39 PM

They look great Hb !!!!! it was worth the wait
* Hug * great job

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Hashut's Blessing - 01-04-2010 02:47 PM

Thank you very much, kera. I'm glad that it was worth the wait in the end. As it happens, I'm not great at painting in my opinion, but that's more because I enjoy to convert things than anything else Big Grin I'm in the process of almost entirely scratchbuilding my first model, which is a goblin/night goblin shaman/great shaman that is the fattest goblin ever Wink It will also be a handy unit filler for my hobgbolins or for any goblins I may use in this army Big Grin

I'm still trying to find the time to record a voice-over for my conversion video, which will then require heavy editing so that it is not only less boring, but also less time-consuming Big Grin Then, I can also post it onto Youtube. But, at the moment, I believe this will be my next update, which will then be followed by some pics of some more warriors and some bull centaurs, which will also get a tutorial alongside them Wink

RE: Hashut's Blessing finally has models-Warning: 13 Pictures! - Hashut's Blessing - 01-05-2010 09:28 AM

Well, it's been a little over a month since my last update, but this one feels like a VERY huge one to me and I'm very proud of it. Please excuse the two blips in the audio (it randomly gets louder for about three words and there are one or two places were words are cut off slightly for some reason). I wish some of the video was actually clearer, but this is the clearest footage I have. When I next make one of these models, I shall try to take pictures along the way and write a tutorial Tongue I'm still working on a transcript for the actual footage which I shall add later. Without further ado: Here it is! That's right, I've finally managed to get my Chaos Dwarf Warrior froma Dwarf Miner tutorial posted Big Grin

RE: Hashut's Blessing Chaos Dwarf Workings - Kera foehunter - 01-08-2010 07:51 PM

Well H.B  i  think you did a great job and i'm the first to say its perfect !!
What a strong English Voice  i forget a lot of time that there are diffrent accents here !!
just coming back   from people speaking no English or Broken English it a real Treat to here your voice ! i hope you do another !!   soon Please

RE: Hashut's Blessing Chaos Dwarf Workings - Hashut's Blessing - 01-12-2010 07:09 PM

Thanks for the support, Kera. I don;t thinkt he actual tutorial is likely to be of help to you until I learn how to make females and/or pirates, plus your greenstuffing is far more advanced than mine Wink However, I hope that some ideas were obtained Big Grin

I apologise if my nose sounds a bit blocked, but I did it late at night (like all the podcasts) and had something of a cold (as with the last podcast). Working on trying to speaqk more clearly and then hoping to use the tutorials and podcasts to help me get some work (either radio plays or visual+voice acting and stuff).

What would you like a tutorial on next? I could try one on the bull centaurs I make using your original idea (of gor and ungor bodies) if you wanted?

Also, if possible, see if you can get some new members in here to see this. I guess I should make anew thread with it on too Big Grin

RE: Hashut's Blessing Chaos Dwarf Workings - Kera foehunter - 01-12-2010 07:36 PM

I think it be a good idea  to put it in a diffrent place !!
Once a person post once on the topic they don't recheck like me
i omost missed it
i'm going to be a little busy this week so this weekend would be time i can talk more
i think you did good , pm me back and we can talk about  this!!
don't want to run the thread of topic

RE: Hashut's Blessing Chaos Dwarf Workings - Hashut's Blessing - 01-13-2010 09:11 AM

Well, I've created a new thread in the tutorials section, so if you want to continue talking about this, we can do so there. If you want to simply chat, we'll go to PM Wink

I'm still trying to figure out what to do next in this little showcase. I might try to get some clearer pictures and some army shots etc. I'm trying to get all of my built models painted before I continue buying and making new ones. Having said that, I am likely to make a picture and word tutorial for this within the year (realistically Tongue ), hopefully the next few months and try to get the last few Chaos Dwarf Warriors built. After that, it'd be trying to make a video and pictoral tutorial for the bull centaurs and get the last of those made.

Again, I'm glad you liked it Wink

RE: Hashut's Blessing Chaos Dwarf Workings - Hashut's Blessing - 02-08-2010 03:37 PM

I've just realised that, since I made this thread, I've had it in the wrong sodding place for quite some time. Anyhow, it is now in the correct subforum: blogs. It will be the slowest blog of all time, but it'll get there Wink ^^ Anyhow, any newcomers, I hope you enjoy it!

With a dissertation, practical dissertation, 2 or 3 essays, a practical exam, trying to find a job, competing against starscream and superfella, I am not able to find the time for converting my warriors. However, I have got hopes for an entry into GHXI, but it may not be realised for some time. Well, fingers crossed!

RE: Hashut's Blessing Chaos Dwarf Workings - Kera foehunter - 02-12-2010 09:10 PM

need more !! come on H b lets see more u-tube stuff!!

RE: Hashut's Blessing Chaos Dwarf Workings - Hashut's Blessing - 02-15-2010 02:57 PM

Now, what sort of youtube stuff would you like to see?

I'll warn you that I'm a little busy (I recently got a part, likely as lead, in a short film, so my time is being eaten even more quickly Big Grin), but I shall still try to get something done Wink

RE: Hashut's Blessing Chaos Dwarf Workings - Kera foehunter - 02-17-2010 06:18 PM

Like any of us have the time like we use to !!  but i say figure conversion is alway the best that i like

RE: Hashut's Blessing Chaos Dwarf Workings - Hashut's Blessing - 02-17-2010 06:23 PM

Sure thing, but what model would you like to see? I'll try to squeeze in some time, but need to know what to make first Big Grin

RE: Hashut's Blessing Chaos Dwarf Workings - Kera foehunter - 02-17-2010 06:27 PM

Skull pass figures would be cool

RE: Hashut's Blessing Chaos Dwarf Workings - Hashut's Blessing - 02-17-2010 07:10 PM

That'd force me to buy the Battle for Skull Pass set Wink I can conceivably try to get one done for Bull Centaurs and also for the character in my Bull Centaur RoR for the mini RoR contest? Or I can make one for characters from basic parts? Or try to think of unit entries you want to see done...

RE: Hashut's Blessing Chaos Dwarf Workings - Hashut's Blessing - 04-02-2010 09:10 PM

Another update, but only losely related to CDs: I have almost entirely finished my first near full sculpt, which will be used as a unit filler for slaves/hobgoblins. Anyhow, the link is here, but I have painted most of my last 19 hobgoblins ([to date]which I will also use as night goblins in my Greenskin army, as I ended up with enough greenskins to make a separate army of them, lol Tongue ) as much as I can until I get back to my paints. Out of 9 colours, I have done 7, the last two of which are for the belts/ropes and for their boots Tongue No pictures yet as I want to complete the whole unit first Big Grin Anyhow, enjoy Wink

RE: Hashut's Blessing Chaos Dwarf Workings - Enslaver - 06-19-2013 09:31 AM

I like the idea for bull centaur, this wil be perfect for me sence I've been cutting off gor legs and attaching their bodies to horses, & now have spare hoofed feet.

RE: Hashut's Blessing Chaos Dwarf Workings - Hashut's Blessing - 06-20-2013 05:51 PM

All credit for the Bull centaur goes to Kera! Although I can't recall if she inspired me to it and then did it or if she did it and then inspired me to do it, ha ha ha.

I've still not yet got round to doing the other ones yet either!

RE: Hashut's Blessing Chaos Dwarf Workings - Zanko - 01-22-2020 02:08 PM

Even if it is a threadomacy... say HB, how about an update of your Chaos Dwarf models?! Tongue Wink

It would be nice to see what you have got built and painted in the years of your absence! Cheers!

Hashut!

RE: Hashut's Blessing Chaos Dwarf Workings - Hashut's Blessing - 01-22-2020 02:18 PM

Resurrecting my thread prior to me! How dare you Wink I jest of course, I've been back a few days and still not got round to making my 'return of' thread as planned, haha.

At present, there is little to show. I'm still navigating the best way to upload images (and then need to actually get some to upload!).

Honestly, in the last 6.5yrs, not very much has happened with regards to my hobbying, particularly so with Chaos Dwarfs. But expect a more thorough update soon. Whether here or as a new thread to delineate between two versions of armies (maybe that's more tantalising than it sounds, but it is titillating to read it that way!).

RE: Hashut's Blessing Chaos Dwarf Workings - Zanko - 01-22-2020 02:25 PM

Since I am the ruler with the largest Chaos Dwarf army here at CDO I took the liberty! Big Grin

I use "Imgur" to upload pictures, this is easy to handle even for me old stoic and "analog" chaos dwarf! Wink

Hashut!

RE: Hashut's Blessing Chaos Dwarf Workings - Hashut's Blessing - 01-22-2020 02:35 PM

You took liberty? How very Chaos Dwarf of you. You shall not be punished this time Tongue Not for summoning Hashut's Blessing back into the Mortal Realms!

I started to notice that, just wasn't sure if we had more options - I guess paranoia of a repeat of Photobucket here.

At present, work is ongoing for completing an Age of Sigmar army, all Forgeworld, and all painted to the best of my ability (instead of just trying to get it finished to use). So far, a unit of 10 Fireglaives (with full command), a Daemonsmith and an Infernal Castellan are on the atble, but incomplete thus far.

RE: Hashut's Blessing Chaos Dwarf Workings - Zanko - 01-22-2020 02:40 PM

Well then I am curious about the first pictures! Takes Hat off

Hashut!

RE: Hashut's Blessing Chaos Dwarf Workings - Abecedar - 01-23-2020 03:24 AM

He's back,!!   not just a memory, not just a rumour.  Can it be true?