Post Reply  Post Thread 
1 Votes - 4 Average   How he was named - a Dawi Zharr short story
Author MessageHow he was named - a Dawi Zharr short story
Bloodbeard
Master Hellsmith of the Artillery Forge

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 834
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
How he was named - a Dawi Zharr short storyBloodbeard 05-28-2014

How he was named
The air was filled with a heavy scent of blood, gunpowder, burned flesh and death.
It had only been a few hours since millenia old hatred had fnially been manifested in brutal battle.
The battlefield had beene in a valley, and in the middle of that was an area of scourged earth. The dirt was cracked and black, toxic steam was still rising from the recently melted stones.

A small group of Dawi Zharr sat or lay casually resting in a circle at the burned area.
Piles of coaled bodies lay scattered around the brass- and ironclad victors. The feast, enjoyment of the spoils of war, had started an hour ago. It was a ritual, an offering to the Dark Father Hashut, fighting over the best cuts of meat.
The magma cannons engineers weren't gourmet chefs...

Only a few dwarfs of the west lay hurt, bound, bleeding - but alive. Around the defeated survivors, a pile of gnawed bones started to build. The desecrated and eaten remains of their brethren.
Dark laughter, degrading jokes, vile comments in the twisted dialect of khaozalid and bits of chewed flesh hit them from all sides.

The dark tongues went silent, when a tall - for a dwarf of cause - figure strode into the gathering.
His centuries old heavy blackshard armor was covered in ash and blood. The magic runes  protecting from fire and heat, was only dimly visible through all the dirt.
His helmet was covered by a fullface helmet. A brazen bulls head was sitting atop. Four large horns rose towards the dark, thunder cloud filled, sky. The holy symbol of Hashut signified he was a daemonsmith sorcerer, a priest of the Dark Father.

Zantromm, Bloodbeard in the common tongue of man, was the name of the prophet.
He stood silent for a few moments, glancing at his brothers in arms - too many had fallen.
Of cause the weakest of his host were among the fallen, as was anticipated. But also strong dawi zharr had given their lives to Hashut - the enemy organ gun had been lethal beyond all expectations. He was glad they managed to capture the crew alive.

"Hashut, Father of Darkness, hear my prayer!"
Zantromms words were harsh and spoken from the back of his throat.

"Hashut, Master of Shadows, receive our sacrifice!"
He grabbed the first bound dwarf by his beard and yanked him to his feet.

"Hashut, Lord of Fire, feel our eternal hate as we slay your enemies!
The tall daemonsmith held the captive high, the disgraced had a hard time keeping his balance, dangling bound from his beard.

"Hashut, Eater of Magma, bless us with power and might!"
Zantromm draw a long curved blade, more resembling a saw than an actual dagger. He placed it by the dwarfs left ear.

"Hashut, Destroyer of Worlds, we bring you blood and pain!".
The sound of flesh and bone under the saw was loud. At first the dwarf spat out curses through broken teeth, but soon he screamed in pain. Blood began to colour the once blonde beard in a dark red.

"Hashut, King of Gods, bless us in our war against those who defy you!"
When the last of the beard was cut free the sacrifice fell to the ground. Blood poured from the bottom of his face, and his neck and chest got covered as he died.

The bloodbeard, the torturing technique, had given Zantromm his name centuries and sacrifices ago.

A little piece I wrote during a boring meeting yesterday. What happened after my 500 point Chaos Dwarfs defeated a Dwarf army. Part of the campaign [SCHÄDEL ISLAND].

05-28-2014 02:59 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 10
Slaves: 593
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: How he was named - a Dawi Zharr short storyAdmiral 05-28-2014

Bloodbeard Wrote:
A little piece I wrote during a boring meeting yesterday.

Productivity, I call it. Wink

Great short story. The raw humiliation of captives, the ritual cannibalism and the cruel sacrifice clearly tells you these are no nice people. Just how Hashut intended it to be.

Edit: How about jumping on the bandwagon and writing some porridge poetry songs? I think they could be awesome with those gory details.

Join us on the new forum. Come help us test it out! https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com

Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.

This post was last modified: 05-28-2014 11:55 AM by Admiral.

05-28-2014 11:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MadHatter
Zharr-Naggrund Fancyhat

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 231
Scribe's Contest Silver Best General - 2014 Scribe's Contest Bronze                               
RE: How he was named - a Dawi Zharr short storyMadHatter 05-28-2014

Amazing short! Full of character and I loved the torturing technique, this is also the first time khaozalid is used in a story, definately a landmark! I'd love to read more of your stuff

May your hat be tall and your beard ever coiled.
MadHatter's 90's Big Hats Blog!
BAD BATTLEREPORTS
05-28-2014 10:32 PM
Bloodbeard
Master Hellsmith of the Artillery Forge

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 834
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
RE: How he was named - a Dawi Zharr short storyBloodbeard 05-29-2014

Admiral Wrote:

Bloodbeard Wrote:
A little piece I wrote during a boring meeting yesterday.

Productivity, I call it. Wink

Great short story. The raw humiliation of captives, the ritual cannibalism and the cruel sacrifice clearly tells you these are no nice people. Just how Hashut intended it to be.

Edit: How about jumping on the bandwagon and writing some porridge poetry songs? I think they could be awesome with those gory details.

Thanks Admiral. I've been thinking about songs for the last couple of days. But I can't really get it to work, I lack english words.

MadHatter Wrote:
Amazing short! Full of character and I loved the torturing technique, this is also the first time khaozalid is used in a story, definately a landmark! I'd love to read more of your stuff

Thanks MadHatter. I havn't written anything else in english, so there's nothing else to read.
I have written a couple of roleplays in danish and a lot of LARP characters.

A couple of them are available on Alexandria.

All my character start with a small mood setting story. There's also lots of cool drawings in the scenarios. Check it out if you want.

05-29-2014 02:23 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 10
Slaves: 593
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: How he was named - a Dawi Zharr short storyAdmiral 05-29-2014

There is an easy way to play porridge poet. All you need to do is to make a list of rhyming words you want to use, google a few more by trying some letters before the "stavelse" and checking in dictionaries. Googling e.g. "words ending in ake" will get you a list like this. Very useful. Make lists of as many different rhymes you think you'll have use for.

The contents of the rhyme lists gives a clue what you can do with it. Rhymes for "old" gives you "gold" and "mold", so some sort of smithing scenario is easy to have. I could send you a few small lists of rhyme words if you like.

And remember, in songs you don't have to stick too hard to proper grammar, so that only makes it easier. Wink

Join us on the new forum. Come help us test it out! https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com

Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.

This post was last modified: 05-29-2014 04:04 AM by Admiral.

05-29-2014 02:49 AM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Bosom of Hashut- a modern dawi zharr tale Uther the unhinged 6 5,249 10-15-2019 02:31 AM
Last Post: Uther the unhinged
  Dawi Zharr & Twisted Duardin Stories & Background [AoS] Admiral 0 2,342 10-13-2019 01:33 PM
Last Post: Admiral
  Time of the Dawi Zharr (Scribe's IV Contest Entry) Miasma 1 1,978 09-19-2015 03:53 AM
  Excerpts from Dawi-Zharr Law The_Penguin 3 2,442 01-12-2015 02:19 PM
  Short story Ogrob 1 2,204 09-09-2009 04:09 PM
Last Post: Grimstonefire

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites