Author MessageMousekillers Works in Progress: Armies of Chaos
mousekiller
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 53

Mousekillers Works in Progress: Armies of Chaosmousekiller 04-19-2016

ARMIES OF CHAOS

In the hot mountains they dwell, the remnants of a once proud race of mountain dwellers. Now, they worship the fire gods, and give way to the corruptions and mutations of the chaos gods, accepting that it is the new legacy of the mountain... When they first left the great holds of the east they gave in to the basest of instincts and survival... and only the strongest did survive with the weakest giving body to sustain. And now, in the dark holds of the volcano mountains the Chaos Dwarves survive, remembering a legacy born in cannibalism.

This week brings us back to the Armies of Chaos! I will apologize in advance, with my wife home now my painting time has dwindled to almost nothing... but I am committed to keeping the weekly updates going!

MORTALS OF CHAOS:

MARAUDERS
Started on 16/20 for this unit. I am going to try and capture colors as I proceed for the new models... no promises though! Also, posted a shot of the 15 completed.

Manufacturer: Games Workshop 5th Edition
Sculptor: Dave Andrews

The unit so far:

Colors so far:

Skin - GW Base Bugmans Glow, Wash Raikland Flesh shade
Cloth - Base Stegadon Scale Green, Wash Nuln oil
Metal - Base Leadbelcher, Wash Nuln oil
Fur - Base Dark Reaper, Wash Nuln oil

OGRES OF CHAOS:

I did some minor work on him, really not a lot left before calling him done but this is usually the stage where I tend to dally.

Manufacturer: Games Workshop 4th edition
Sculptor: Michael Perry... I could be wrong... if so please correct me.

Colors:
Wood: GW Base Dryad Bark, GW layer Skrag Brown, GW layer Deathclaw brown, GW Layer Balor Brown, GW Layer Ushabti Bone
Leather bits: GW Base Dryad Bark, GW Layer Skrag Brown, GW Layer Deathclaw Brown, GW Layer Tau Light Ochre, Wash GW Agrax Earthshade.

ENOCH THE ELEMENTALIST

Just primed and skin base coated so far.

Manufacturer: Rakham Miniatures
Sculptor: Unknown

Colors:

Skin - GW Base Bugmans Glow, GW Wash Reikland Flesh, GW layer Tanned Flesh

DAEMONS OF CHAOS:

BLOODLETTERS:

Worked the gold and fur bits. Decided on a more Gray fur than what I had... what do you think? I do need suggestions on cloth color... haven't figured out in my head what would be a nice color to complement everything else.

Manufacturer: Games Workshop 6th Edition
Sculptor: Mark Harrison

Colors:

Fur- Base Black, GW Skavenblight Dinge, GW Stomvermin Fur, GW Administratum Grey, White
Gold - GW Base Belthasar Gold, Layer Gehenna Gold, Wash Seraphim Sapia, Wash Druchii Violet, highlight GW Retributor Armor, Wash Seraphim Sapia, Wash Druchii Violet

BEASTS OF CHAOS:

BEASTMEN

Sorry, not much of an update this week. Did a very small amount of armor work, not really worth a picture! But, I got a shot of the unit thus far!

Manufacturer: Games Workshop 7th Edition; Reaper Warlord 14118, Urga Reven Sergeant, Reaper Warlord 14361 Reven Beastman Woodcutter
Sculptor: GW - Mike Anderson, Repaer - Ben Siens

MINOTAURS:

Another very small update. Worked the skin a little more, added some hand brushed hair to his upper back, don't think it came out like I wanted so will likely get rid of it. Also did the hair. Some very minor work on the metal. I saw some time back some minotaurs that were painted with a very baboon like face scheme, I have thought about doing that with these guys (the sculpts are not the greatest to start with!) with some blues and reds?

CHAOS DWARFS:

ABYSAL DWARF HALFBREED

The more color I add to him, the better I am liking him.

Manufacturer: Mantic

04-19-2016 02:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 1715
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Golden Hat - Gold Best Overall Member - 2017 Best General - 2018 Artisan's Contest Bronze x4                               
RE: Mousekillers Works in Progress: Armies of ChaosAbecedar 04-19-2016

The first chaos warrior reminds me of the "Bear-men of Urslo?" a old Regiment of Renown.
Nice work, its all coming along.

Last Time(s) I Bled for my Hobby  =  Fri 13th March 2020
27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time(s) I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
04-19-2016 03:23 AM
mousekiller
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

RE: Mousekillers Works in Progress: Armies of Chaosmousekiller 04-19-2016

I know exactly the regiment you are talking about, I have a block of 10 I think...  Those were the days when Warhammer was at its finest!

04-19-2016 12:39 PM
mousekiller
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

RE: Mousekillers Works in Progress: Armies of Chaosmousekiller 07-04-2016

ARMIES OF CHAOS

The two children looked up to their father, a woodcutter and good man.  Often he would look down to see them smiling up at him, and his smile would fill there worlds with complete happiness.  But, the wood cutter and his new wife, who he had married when young Hasnel and Pretel's mother had passed from the plague, were facing very hard times.  The step-mother one day gathered the children up, giving them each a loaf of bread to eat and walked them into the woods.  Hasnel, for a boy of twelve, was extremely intelligent and saw right away what his step mother was doing, that she intended to leave them alone in the woods.  He tore small pieces of bread and left a trail that he could use to help him and his sister find there way back home.  When they were deep in the forest, the step mother said "Children, I am going to gather berries.  Sit here and rest, and I will be back when it is time to go!"  Once she departed, Hasnel looked to his sister and said, "Dear sister, our step mother plans to leave us here, we must now find our way home without her."  Pretel, though, was more naïve and trusting than her brother. "No, brother, we should wait a while."  So, the two fell asleep.  When they awoke, they were both being lowered into a boiling kettle, the sounds of braying all around and the stink of goat and beast in their nostrils.

Again, it seems I am apologizing for a long delay in painting, but adjusting to the schedule of a new baby, work, and the many other things life has to offer has been quite the challenge!  I am sure thing will normalize soon, right???

WHAT IS COMPLETE:

MORTALS OF CHAOS ARMY
MACDEATH
KURGAN BLOODCALLER
KURGAN'S BASTARDS
DEATH DEALERS
KURGAN'S BRED
CERBERUS

DAEMONS OF CHAOS ARMY
LORD OF THE ABYST
GARGOYLES

BEASTS OF CHAOS
KHAZRAK THE ONE EYE, Beastlord

CHAOS DWARFS
Nothing complete yet.

WHAT IS ON THE TABLE:

MORTALS OF CHAOS -

MARAUDERS OF CHAOS:
Manufacturer: Games Workshop 5th Edition
Sculptor: Dave Andrews

Ok, so I completed a little work on trooper 16, but I am certain that my cat has taken him somewhere as a captive. Hope to find him soon.

OGRES OF CHAOS:

Manufacturer: Games Workshop 5th edition
Sculptor: Aly Morrison

Ok, lots of touch up work on him. Trying to give him more saturation, so time to be extremely critical. I added a slight green glaze to the armor bits. Also, added a yellow glaze to the skin. Pinkish tones to the under lips of both heads. Whites of the eyes. Also, added green, yellow, and brown glazes to the horns and highlighted them back up to white. Hoping to give them more life.

SCYTHED CHAOS CHARIOT:

Manufacturer: Target Games, Chronipia, Sons of Kronos Scythed Chariot
Sculptor: Unknown.

Started modifying the model just a tad to make it a little more chaos like. Also realized that with the width of the scythes, it is not going to fit on a normal sized base... so we are going a bit bigger for a base. Added shields to the sides of the chariot, and horns to the horses. Also, added a harness to hook the horses to the chariot, apparently the sculptor forgot to add these?

ENOCH THE ELEMENTALIST

Manufacturer: Rakham Miniatures

Added some blue to the robes. Thinking blue and red? But more faded? Typical rakham, with lots of trim and other bits to color as well.

DAEMONS OF CHAOS -

BLOODLETTERS:

Manufacturer: Games Workshop 6th Edition
Sculptor: Mark Harrison

Went in and worked the skin a lot more. Added a bright green to the loin cloth, weapon haft, and his eyes. Also, worked the gold and silver bits a little. Hopefully this brought his face to life a little?

BEASTS OF CHAOS -

BEASTMEN

Manufacturer: Games Workshop 7th Edition; Reaper Warlord 14118, Urga Reven Sergeant, Reaper Warlord 14361 Reven Beastman Woodcutter
Sculptor: GW - Mike Anderson, Repaer - Ben Siens

Added green to the loincloths, hand wraps, and the cloth on the skull banner. Also, glazed the skin to make it a little richer. Worked the horns a little as well.

MINOTAURS

Manufacturer: Games Workshop 8th edition
Scultor: Mark Harrison

Primarily I worked on the shield, pretty near to completion. Need to color the tiny straps holding the bottom strings. Also, glazed the metal bits down and highlighted again. If you look close on the face, you can see a slight blue tint to the vein on his face. Once I work the skin again, I will try to make this stand out a little more.

CHAOS DWARFS -

ABYSAL DWARF HALFBREED

Manufacturer: Mantic

Worked up the reds, silvers, and gold quite a bit. Started working the boar skin a little. Also, his face got a little love, still need to go in with some line work under the eyes.

07-04-2016 02:02 PM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 1715
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Golden Hat - Gold Best Overall Member - 2017 Best General - 2018 Artisan's Contest Bronze x4                               
RE: Mousekillers Works in Progress: Armies of ChaosAbecedar 07-04-2016

Nice work, far more patience than me.

And I got sucked in, waiting for the inevitable happy ending.

Last Time(s) I Bled for my Hobby  =  Fri 13th March 2020
27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time(s) I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
07-04-2016 07:10 PM
Darkmeer
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 116

RE: Mousekillers Works in Progress: Armies of ChaosDarkmeer 07-30-2016

I'll be honest, I don't care for the mantic halfbreed "humanoid" torsos, but I have to say that you're doing a great job with it.  It's very good.  

All of the other work is really good (Bloodletter, Minotaur, and the Chaos Ogre), and the others are off to great starts (Chariot and Enoch).

07-30-2016 10:53 AM
Carcearion
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 210
Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Photobucket Migration Scribe's Contest Silver                               
RE: Mousekillers Works in Progress: Armies of ChaosCarcearion 07-30-2016

Really great work, I actually just started collecting my first few Beastmen myself and I'm a big fan of reaper so i also picked up some of the their wood-cutters, I'm really glad to see they fit so well! I love your color scheme the hair and skin contrast nicely.

What technique did you use to get the nice transition on the Gor Banner-Bearer's chest from the darker head color to the chests flesh color? I was kinda disappointment when i realized the Gors aren't really sculpted to make their heads a distinct animal part from their torso like their legs are  (I'm dead set on making the heads on mine a fur color to match the legs to strengthen that whole animal headed impression) and I'd love to know how you got the great effect.  Big Grin

@Darkmeer I'm on the same page with you on the Mantic stuff, my biggest problems with their Abyssal Dwarf line is their heads. I've long contemplated trying a head swap on them though.

Reguardless of mantic's minature style, this is the best abyssal half-breed I've ever seen. You painted tons of vainey detail into the flesh-half, and his armor looks great. Cheers!

"It matters not that you failed to burn the world. What matters is that you lit a fire."
- Neherazsh the Flaming Bull

My Chaos Dwarf Name Generator
Army Blog: Carcearion's Warhost of Karagazkar
Short Story: To Carve One's Fate
My Shapeways Shop: Carcearion's Bit Forge - Evil Dwarf Bits For Sale!

This post was last modified: 07-30-2016 11:26 AM by Carcearion.

07-30-2016 11:21 AM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Mousekiller Works in Progress: Armies of Order mousekiller 5 1,676 06-07-2016 01:37 AM
Last Post: Abecedar
  Mousekiller Works in Progress: Armies of Destruction mousekiller 3 1,274 05-09-2016 06:52 PM
  Mousekillers Works in Progress: Neutral Armies mousekiller 5 1,610 05-09-2016 06:40 PM
  Mousekillers Works in Progress: Armies of Death mousekiller 3 1,426 04-26-2016 03:59 AM
  Mousekillers Works in Progress mousekiller 11 3,984 04-02-2016 06:44 AM

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites