igorvet
Hobgoblin

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 25

Chaos Dwarf Slayerigorvet 07-23-2009

Helloooo!
How's you're doing guys? Happy
Want to know your opinion dear Chaos connoiseurs about an idea with Chaos Dwarf Slayer which I'd draw for WoH #5 Happy

I know - there is no Slayer's cult in Chaos Dwarf society but there could  be some analogous fatalistic beliefs Happy

http://igorvet.deviantart.com/

This post was last modified: 07-23-2009 05:14 PM by igorvet.

07-23-2009 05:12 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BilboBaggins
Lammasu

Slaves: 19

RE: Chaos Dwarf SlayerBilboBaggins 07-23-2009

I like him, a dark Dwarf Slayer. Instead of following Grimnir's path he is trying to earn penitence for a failure in service of Hashut. The New Slayer Brotherhood would love the artwork (even with it being a Chaos Dwarf Slayer), they are looking for artists over there.

Keeper of the lost pdf's of GW.

This post was last modified: 07-23-2009 05:29 PM by BilboBaggins.

07-23-2009 05:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 1363
Best Overall Member - 2009 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Artisan's Contest - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Gold Best Overall Member - 2010 Hellsmith - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2                               
RE: Chaos Dwarf SlayerGrimstonefire 07-23-2009

There were chaos dwarf berserkers in 3rd, so there is already a precedent of sorts that these guys would exist.

I suspect that chaos dwarfs that have really unsightly mutations would be exiles, as hashut would not do such a thing to his chosen few Happy  So the exiles could be berserkers/ slayers.

Though the concept of being a slayer from the dwarfs side is much more complicated than just slaying things.

Ever the best of friends Mum. 1953-2011   Sad
07-23-2009 05:27 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kera foehunter
Zharr Nauggund Alpha Female

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 153
Best Attitude - 2007 Best Attitude - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Best Attitude - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: Chaos Dwarf SlayerKera foehunter 07-23-2009

chaos energy would torment his mind
would make him want to kill him self  sorta a chaos emo slayer  he just cuts himself
till he dies!!

The last of female chaos dwarf
07-23-2009 09:19 PM
wallacer
Hashut's cow pimp

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 1046
Artisan's Contest - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Wiki - Major Contributor Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS                               
RE: Chaos Dwarf Slayerwallacer 07-24-2009

Yep, I think disgustingly mutated and ostracised CD would be the most close approximation of Slayers (since I can't really imagine CD ever feeling much in the way of shame in the way that slayers do).

Army pics: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...888&page=1
07-24-2009 12:43 AM
Loki
Wearer of the Big Hat

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 269
Best Attitude - 2009 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Chaos Dwarf SlayerLoki 07-24-2009

Ah i was wondering who’s art work this was it was the title page for my article on defeating dark elves, now i know Happy great work igorvet i really like this picture just the expressions on the dark elves faces says it all Happy

Fequiil Said
------------------------------------------------
yeah, everybody can just say that, but when loki speaks...
everything is different.Wink

07-24-2009 03:49 AM
Kera foehunter

Best Attitude - 2007 Best Attitude - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Best Attitude - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: Chaos Dwarf SlayerKera foehunter 07-24-2009

wallacer Wrote:
Yep, I think disgustingly mutated and ostracised CD would be the most close approximation of Slayers (since I can't really imagine CD ever feeling much in the way of shame in the way that slayers do).

it not shame it a  pay back sorta paying your karma
but you have to have honour to understandTakes Hat off
only a few would be able to choose this life style

07-24-2009 06:15 AM
BilboBaggins
Lammasu

RE: Chaos Dwarf SlayerBilboBaggins 07-24-2009

Personally I think Chaos Dwarfs are still Dwarfs in the core. They would still have the respect for their elders and I think they would still have innate reasoning that if they had a failure they couldn't resolve they would take a CD version of the Slayer Oath.

07-24-2009 08:48 AM
TwilightCo
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Slaves: 0
Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: Chaos Dwarf SlayerTwilightCo 07-24-2009

Ah,

I'm still of the opinion that the CD don't give a gnoblar's butt about honour, social order, or higher ideals. In 3rd ed Blood Rage and Aggression Bonuses were fairly common in chaos themed armies. In later editions I just suspect it was hat envy.

Regardless of the "other contributing factors" the fact is that these guys are evil and some evil personalities just get a real kick out of butchering other people.

With that said, I would figure that they (berserker/slayer CDs) could have the same social obligations as the Spartan Krypteia. Their social situation is not too different from the spartan, with slaves outnumbering the citizenry and all.

07-24-2009 08:50 AM
two_heads_talking
Lammasu

Market Rep: 2

RE: Chaos Dwarf Slayertwo_heads_talking 07-24-2009

BilboBaggins Wrote:
Personally I think Chaos Dwarfs are still Dwarfs in the core. They would still have the respect for their elders and I think they would still have innate reasoning that if they had a failure they couldn't resolve they would take a CD version of the Slayer Oath.

But they don't remember their Elders. they only revere Hashut and no one else.  

Of course, perhaps the dwarven oath taking could still be in their blood and failture to fulfill and oath, or even failure within an oath, could cause the chaos dwarf to go on a geis where his life is the only way to gain the oath back.. again, by testing his mettle against any and all challengers..

07-24-2009 09:09 AM
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 536
Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best Contributor - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Chaos Dwarf SlayerThommy H 07-24-2009

Chaos Dwarfs revere age and experience as much as their western kin.

Serial Writist - lots and lots of short fiction, written by me, regularly updated.

My models:
The Legion of Astragoth | The Dark Crusade of Mousillon | The Destroyer Cult | Les Défenseurs du Béniterre | Storm Over Béniterre | Force Belial

My rules:
Chaos Dwarfs Warscroll Compendium

07-24-2009 10:20 AM
BilboBaggins
Lammasu

RE: Chaos Dwarf SlayerBilboBaggins 07-24-2009

Thommy H Wrote:
Chaos Dwarfs revere age and experience as much as their western kin.

That was my thinking.

So wouldn't also be that they would also react simularly to failure/oath breaking?

07-24-2009 10:34 AM
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best Contributor - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               

Yeah, in theory. It depends how you imagine their loyalty though. They're bound to their masters by "ties of blood and loyalty that all Chaos Dwarfs deem unbreakable" (or something similarly worded). With western Dwarfs, I kind of get the impression that it's more of a choice (which is what makes those oaths actually worth something), but with Chaos Dwarfs they just have this unquestioned, almost irrational devotion. Anyone being disloyal would probably just be killed without a second thought, instead of being allowed to redeem themselves.

The closest thing I imagined to Slayers was the Acolytes of Hashut in my army list - young members of the Sorcerer caste who are fanatically devoted to Hashut and use magical prayers to give them certain benefits on the battlefield. Similar, but only in a "they're both mad religious nutters" way.

Serial Writist - lots and lots of short fiction, written by me, regularly updated.

My models:
The Legion of Astragoth | The Dark Crusade of Mousillon | The Destroyer Cult | Les Défenseurs du Béniterre | Storm Over Béniterre | Force Belial

My rules:

This post was last modified: 07-24-2009 11:24 AM by Thommy H.

07-24-2009 11:24 AM
Kera foehunter

well tommy slayer do not have master they are free
they only hang out in a group when they are young !!  they go from troll slayer to deamon slayer  or till something kills ..them the higher they go they prefer to do it alone

07-24-2009 01:10 PM
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

Yes, but they did have loyalties. The reason they become Slayers is because of some dishonour that disgraces their community. My feeling is that, if a Chaos Dwarf disgraced his society in some way, they'd just kill him.

My models:

My rules:

07-24-2009 03:43 PM
two_heads_talking
Lammasu

Market Rep: 2

RE: Chaos Dwarf Slayertwo_heads_talking 07-24-2009

Thommy H Wrote:
Yes, but they did have loyalties. The reason they become Slayers is because of some dishonour that disgraces their community. My feeling is that, if a Chaos Dwarf disgraced his society in some way, they'd just kill him.

unless he took off (ran) before they could get to him..

07-24-2009 03:47 PM
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

In which case he wouldn't be in an army of Chaos Dwarfs, would he?

My models:

My rules:

07-24-2009 04:07 PM
snowblizz
Chaos Dwarf Comedian

Slaves: 739

RE: Chaos Dwarf Slayersnowblizz 07-24-2009

Awww... I have like 30 metal slayers hanging around that need to be Chaosified. And as I plan to field my CD as "regulars" sometimes I was even planning on painting them.
Give me an excuse!

From the two, punishment and mutation would be the two reasons. I get the whole kill the failure, but wouldn't it be more fun to make them suffer before they die. And why waste resources. Give 'em some dangerous weapons and make them get half chopped up my monsters. This nets you a tortured subject and dead monsters. Cruelty AND profit. I'd call it a win-win situation.

For a mutated CD... well again, maximum use of resources. Get them "honourably" killed and they might do something of value before they go. They don't need to know there's no way for redemption. Just like I imagine Hobbos might not be aware just how expendable they are. I like the modelling potential here. So I'm gonna do it no matter what I suspect.

At beta: WarFoundry armylist application (cross-platform, multi-system and open source)
WarFoundry datafile group (Big Hattiest datafile group in the world)
07-24-2009 05:20 PM
Kera foehunter

Thommy H Wrote:

A slayer  Dishonor one self !! not the community!!
it be come a honour to choise the way of the slayer
to be kill or not be killed that make you stronger  not know if this is your last day  but you live it like it is !!

Well if that was true about cd (killing the disgraced one )there be none left
How do you think the weak become leaders Takes Hat off

07-24-2009 09:04 PM
Nicodemus
Grand Imperious Sorcerer of the Forge

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 40
Slaves: 1259
Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Best Attitude - 2010 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2011 Golden Hat - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2013 Photobucket Migration Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Chaos Dwarf SlayerNicodemus 07-24-2009

Thommy H Wrote:

I think because of the importance of honour in CD society that slayers could be just as common in CD society as Dwarf society... although the path and reasons for doing so might be quite different.  It may only take something as simple as failing an important appointed task or being involved in some accident to be dishonoured... or maybe being the one to survive a disasterous battle where all other CDs were slain.

I can also imagine that if the High Priest told someone they were dishonoured, or were inadequate to worship Hashut, and that they must give up their common lives and become slayers in order to regain their status and worthiness ... then they would become slayers without a second thought to their own fate.

Of course if one imagines that there should be death before dishonour, and a CD would kill themselves if they brought dishonour upon themselves, that their lords within CD society might still demand some penance from their children as well.  So the sons of dishonoured Dawi Zharr must spend their lives as slayers in order to regain their family's place in society.

Or perhaps you can just take your pick from the reasons above for backstory for each of the members of your band of slayers.

Just my take on the subject... new to it that I am.
~N

Nicodemus' adage: "It is not enough to bash in skulls, we must bash in minds!"

Nicodemus' Forge of Unfinished Business (Chaos Dwarf Blog) and Non-Dawi'Zharr Blog
Warhammer Quest & Dreams of Hashut (3D Tile Creation Blog - Dawi Underway & More!!)
Chaos Dwarf 'Quest Blog (Download the Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarfs Roleplay Book )
Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarf Expansion (Board Game Geek)

07-24-2009 09:29 PM
Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites