Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
Chaos Dwarf Slayer
Author MessageChaos Dwarf Slayer
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 536
Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best Contributor - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Chaos Dwarf SlayerThommy H 07-25-2009

I guess I just don't really get why Chaos Dwarfs need a Slayer Cult too. It's something uniquely Dwarfish, and Bill King had a great explanation for it on his website that I read (long story short: there are fewer Dwarf women than men, so there needs to be a way for a percentage of young Dwarf males to remove themselves from society without dishonouring the clan, so they've invented this concept of a berserker cult to give them something to do).

I think the Slayers are a great concept for Dwarfs - the idea of a society that's so obsessed with honour and standing that the only way to atone for some minor social infraction (by human standards) is to give your life up to a demented warrior ideal is pretty compelling. I don't think Chaos Dwarfs need that though. I don't think it fits their society as well, because they don't live in close-knit clans deep underground: they live in a giant city in the midst of an industrial hellscape, surrounded by millions of slaves they can bully. I don't know if Chaos Dwarfs are declining like Dwarfs are, but I've never read anything (canon) to suggest it. I don't think they need to be so stringent about honour and social norms.

And, really, the whole reason everyone wants there to be Chaos Dwarf Slayers is so they can use Dwarf Slayer figures in their army Tongue

Serial Writist - lots and lots of short fiction, written by me, regularly updated.

My models:
The Legion of Astragoth | The Dark Crusade of Mousillon | The Destroyer Cult | Les Défenseurs du Béniterre | Storm Over Béniterre | Force Belial

My rules:
Chaos Dwarfs Warscroll Compendium

This post was last modified: 07-25-2009 06:13 AM by Thommy H.

07-25-2009 06:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BilboBaggins
Lammasu

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 19

RE: Chaos Dwarf SlayerBilboBaggins 07-25-2009

Well wouldn't a Slayer with a little converting make a cool Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer.

Keeper of the lost pdf's of GW.

07-25-2009 10:21 AM
snowblizz
Chaos Dwarf Comedian

Slaves: 739

RE: Chaos Dwarf Slayersnowblizz 07-25-2009

BilboBaggins Wrote:
Well wouldn't a Slayer with a little converting make a cool Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer.

But I have 30+ Slayers... Tongue Wink

As Thommy says, I just wanna be able to use them. But it doesn't necessarily have to be the exact same mechanic behind it with CDs.

At beta: WarFoundry armylist application (cross-platform, multi-system and open source)
WarFoundry datafile group (Big Hattiest datafile group in the world)
07-25-2009 12:21 PM
BilboBaggins
Lammasu

Slaves: 19

RE: Chaos Dwarf SlayerBilboBaggins 07-25-2009

snowblizz Wrote:

As Thommy says, I just wanna be able to use them. But it doesn't necessarily have to be the exact same mechanic behind it with CDs.

I have ove 80 Slayers, I use them in my other unsupported army (Slayer Army of Karak Kadrin - SOC).

Keeper of the lost pdf's of GW.

07-25-2009 01:24 PM
Kera foehunter
Zharr Nauggund Alpha Female

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 153
Best Attitude - 2007 Best Attitude - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Best Attitude - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: Chaos Dwarf SlayerKera foehunter 07-25-2009

snowblizz Wrote:
[quote=BilboBaggins]

lol 3o slayer are great if your into barfighting
i have 60 and 30 pirate slayers

The last of female chaos dwarf
07-25-2009 03:25 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
snowblizz
Chaos Dwarf Comedian

Slaves: 739

RE: Chaos Dwarf Slayersnowblizz 07-26-2009

BilboBaggins Wrote:
I have ove 80 Slayers, I use them in my other unsupported army (Slayer Army of Karak Kadrin - SOC).

But I wasn't even trying to get them! I don't play with Dwarfs. I just somehow have ended up with them. It is weird. If I didn't know better I'd think they were breeding...

And Kera if I'd be in a barfight I'd rather have my Ogre bodyguard. Yes, I have one, or the equivalent of! Tough he'd be much more likely to be the one who started it in the first place.

At beta: WarFoundry armylist application (cross-platform, multi-system and open source)
WarFoundry datafile group (Big Hattiest datafile group in the world)
07-26-2009 01:37 PM
Kera foehunter

Best Attitude - 2007 Best Attitude - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Best Attitude - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: Chaos Dwarf SlayerKera foehunter 07-26-2009

Yea but he will eat you !!! ogre will eat there own kind!!
well send the slayer my way if your going to be a slayer hater!!

07-26-2009 02:09 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Canix
Spirit of Hashut

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 10

RE: Chaos Dwarf SlayerCanix 07-26-2009

Chaos dwarf berserkers and mutants =slayers heres mine i have just got ready to paint

And some old norse dwarf berserkers mutated the right one is facing away with his snake beard Respect to the Hat!

Realists are hampered by there inability to comprehend the true nature of reality
The Pledge 2010:
Bought:11 Painted:12
07-26-2009 02:19 PM
Kera foehunter

snake beard !!! now that would be a real cd slayer

07-26-2009 03:43 PM
Thorne
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 300
Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: Chaos Dwarf SlayerThorne 07-26-2009

Experimental

Chaos Dwarf Foresaker
[/u]

Unlike the slayers of there weaker kin the Chaos Dwarf Foresaker do not seek their death to atone for some failure, They seek glory and assension to a a greater form. taking the aspect fo the bull to there hearts these innitiates burn the symbol of hashut into there chests arms and foreheads. This serves to bring fire to the souls of themselvs and will be the fire that burns there rebirth.

To many of the Chaos Dwarf Foresaken it is important that their rebirth be as painfull and excruciating as they possibly can make it often adding special minerals and chemicals to there burning arms chests and foreheads when they are anionted by the preist that performs the right of fury.

The preist or accolite then tatto's the name of the Chaos Dwarf Foresaken onto the high preist of the temple of hashut and forever is entrusted to the keeping of the temples the Chaos Dwarf Foresaken will then hope to one day asscend to a magma form which not many have ever acheived

Chaos Dwarf Foresaken look much alike there weaker kin a distinctive and unusual haircut of black laced dreadlocks and black etched burn marks in there flesh filled over by countless layers of oil and sinders from the temple fires of hashut. Before taking up his Scimitar of Falchion

Chaos Dwarf Foresaken

M    WS      BS    S     T     W      I      A       Ld      Pts
3      4        3     3     4      1      2      1        9       18

Weapons/Armour: A Chaos Dwarf Foresaker may be equipped with weapons from the chaos dwarf warriors equipment list. He may not however use any missile weapons or armour

immune to psycology; the Chaos Dwarf Foresaken is practicaly unstopable and unbreakable. the Chaos Dwarf Foresaken will hold to the last and can never retreat or fall back.

Bull charge: On charge there is not much that can come close to a chaos dwarf forsaken a regiment of foresaken will deal impact hits upon the charge equivelent to a chariot if there number is greater than 4, For every 4 chaos dwarf forsaken an extra dice of impact hits will be added

Doombringer ; Such is the fury and violence that a Chaos Dwarf Foresaken can deal a Chaos Dwarf Foresaken can deal a killing blow

1, Come see things the space dwarf way.

2, My bases and scenic store

3, My spectre scenic products blog.

This post was last modified: 07-26-2009 06:24 PM by Thorne.

07-26-2009 06:19 PM
Kera foehunter

sound cool need picture or drawing

07-26-2009 09:07 PM
two_heads_talking
Lammasu

Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 0

RE: Chaos Dwarf Slayertwo_heads_talking 07-27-2009

Kera foehunter Wrote:
Yea but he will eat you !!! ogre will eat there own kind!!
well send the slayer my way if your going to be a slayer hater!!

they won't eat you unless you are wounded and dieing.. or they consider you a gnoblar.

07-27-2009 09:58 AM
Kera foehunter

RE: Chaos Dwarf SlayerKera foehunter 07-29-2009

or if your smaller  !!or if you have 2 heads

07-29-2009 05:20 AM
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites