Post Reply  Post Thread 
Is Hashut really most like Khorne?
Author MessageIs Hashut really most like Khorne?
Zerstoren
Slave

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 0

Is Hashut really most like Khorne?Zerstoren 10-18-2009

I've often be told that Hashut is a bloodthirster or a demon prince. I understand this comes from some old fan fluff. But it seems to stick. And CD were - I've also been told - alligned to Khorne when they were proper Chaos Dwarves and not eastern Dwarves.

But this is a point of contention for me. Khorne is all about combat and honourable victory. Does Khorne not hate Slaanesh? Khorne does not take prisoners, and Slaanesh is all too willing to take prisoners.

CDs are all about taking prisoners. Their entire economy is based on taking prisoners. Taking prisoners could well be the very POINT of most of their battles.

Slaanesh would also value extravagance and leisure. It's not hard to see how a wealthy elite served by many ingenious machines becomes extravagant and leisurely... Hmm. I also note the old Keeper of Secrets was a bull. The old Bloodthirster was a dog if I'm not mistaken.

So a thought: I think, if Hashut were a Chaos god of some power, he would be closer to Slaanesh than Khorne.

10-18-2009 10:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Malorn
Hobgoblin

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 34

RE: Is Hashut really most like Khorne?Malorn 10-19-2009

Hashut is Hashut! Neither Khorne nor Slaanesh, but Hashut himself!

10-19-2009 06:00 AM
Perturabo
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 2

RE: Is Hashut really most like Khorne?Perturabo 10-19-2009

All the gods in Wahammer at this point are their own entities, which fall somewhere inside the spheres of influence of the Big Four. The horned rat, for example, seems to be largely a mix of Nurgle and Tzeentch. That doesn't mean either god is in control of it, just that the consciousness formed by the worship of the Skaven draws on those particular energies. Hashut strikes me as a combination of Khorne and Tzeentch. Possibly some of all four, but mainly those two.

"Whatever doesn't kill you, simply makes you stranger."
10-19-2009 07:25 AM
Uzkul Werit
Daemon Prince of Hashut

Slaves: 1
Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor                               
RE: Is Hashut really most like Khorne?Uzkul Werit 10-19-2009

Hashut seems to embody some of Tzeentch's quality. There's all the fire and Hashut is all about progress, which could be seen as controlled change over Tzeentch's random change.

For who knows their way around a larder better than a Halfling?
Raze their cities and loot their gold, bleed them dry and burn their souls!

Yamakaze on The Ogre Stronghold

10-19-2009 12:54 PM
cornixt
Brewer of Daemonic Beer

Group: Hashut's Admin
Slaves: 1337
Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Attitude - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Is Hashut really most like Khorne?cornixt 10-19-2009

While the theory used to be that the Chaos gods were opposites and therefore certain ones couldn't overlap, this is obviously not true with the current fluff - Someone can follow both Khorne and Slaanesh without any ideological problems. Followers of Khorne and Slaanesh commonly take pleasure in combat and winning, a massive overlap. Hashut has aspects of pretty much all of the big four.

No god has to fit in a single big four slot, they can easily straddle two or more. I can't really think of anything that is not encompassed by the big four, but I suppose it may exist.

Like a Great Taurus in a Cathay shop.
There's a lot more in the wiki than you think, check out the wiki contents

10-19-2009 02:25 PM
Kera foehunter
Zharr Nauggund Alpha Female

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 153
Best Attitude - 2007 Best Attitude - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Best Attitude - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: Is Hashut really most like Khorne?Kera foehunter 10-24-2009

but all gods get in way of killing!!if the gods where so great ther be only one
and she would rule

The last of female chaos dwarf
10-24-2009 05:18 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
nitroglysarine
Burninating the Countryside

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 200
Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: Is Hashut really most like Khorne?nitroglysarine 10-24-2009

to be fair, there are the main four gods, then a pile of others

10-24-2009 03:43 PM
Balseraph
Unregistered

RE: Is Hashut really most like Khorne?Balseraph 10-26-2009

Kera foehunter Wrote:
but all gods get in way of killing!!if the gods where so great ther be only one
and she would rule

Happy She? God is a girl? Happy

If Hashut be a girl.... what's her name ? HashutA ? Happy

10-26-2009 08:20 AM
Quote this message in a reply
sundrinker
Hobgoblin

Slaves: 11

RE: Is Hashut really most like Khorne?sundrinker 01-25-2010

well i dont think hashut has officialy been catagorised as a chaos god and i always thought he was just an evil god or an ancient being from another age

dont judge a man by his deeds judge him by the height of his hat.
01-25-2010 02:37 PM
dncswlf
Lammasu

Market Rep: 5
Slaves: 59

RE: Is Hashut really most like Khorne?dncswlf 01-25-2010

all gods are chaotic... just look at our realm and what worshipping various aspects of Deity has done to increase violence in the world!  in the Warhammer setting, there is Chaos.. the power that ripped through the warp and invaded the common realm... it manifests in many ways... some as deity type beings who demand worship.. others as demons who just like to destroy stuff.. I think any Chaos Dwarf could make his own choice as to which particular deity to worship most.. look at Hinduism, where certain families in the same town worship different gods.. or at least hold them as more prominent.  There is nothing to say that a Hashut loving Chaos dwarf does not also have a small shrine to Slaaneesh a Khorne idol, and a portrait of Tzneetch also in his home...  As for which aspects of what powers manifest themselves most in the common Chaos Dwarf I think the answer is up for interpretation... why limit...

Check out my blogs, lots of oldies but goodies:

Dncswlf's Chaos Dwarf Blog
My blog of other stuff
01-25-2010 02:53 PM
Bolg
Greater Bunny of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 12
Slaves: 646
Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Is Hashut really most like Khorne?Bolg 01-25-2010

Ha there are some interesting views in the threat (: But who ever said that "the big 4" are at the basis over every god in Warhammer? dont like that alt all. (but i'm not a real background story hero, my worst point score on any GT was always the fluff questions)

Check out my webcomic here...
01-25-2010 05:30 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Khorne's Sword and Hashut? Grimstonefire 11 4,399 07-02-2010 02:40 PM
Last Post: Drychnath

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites